Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #2806
shell8558
DIS Veteran

They added wifi to tower 4 last week when we were there.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #2807
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
If you look at the resort via Google Maps, it'll give you an idea. Basically the layout of the resort is a central lake, surrounded by the towers, which are then ringed by the parking lot. Unlike a lot of Disney Resorts were you have lots which then require walking "inside" the resort to the various buildings, there are parking lots just outside all the WBC buildings.

The issue is that for the surface lots, Just like with a mall or other places with lots of parking, You may need to go back and forth a bit to find an open space at the end of the day. With one of the 2 parking decks (Between buildings 4 and 5, and then between the hotel and Tower 6 [which has an elevator that connects directly to the buildings]), you can just pull into them at the end of the day and you know you are going to find a spot without doing the ole' back-and-forth-down-aisles search. Also.... shade.

If your knees are such that you have a handicap parking placard, There are handicap spots located near the entrance to each tower.
My placard expired in March, although you prompted me to get an appt to see about getting a renewal.

I looked at the maps in satellite mode and I believe I see the structures you are talking about. To the inside of the ring by Building 1 is what appears to be a lazy river, and to the inside by Building 6 is what appears to be that pirate ship I keep seeing pictures of. Is that correct?

It appears as though it would be quite a hike to go from 4/5 to the lazy river if that's the case.

I'm trying to think what we'd use of the facilities (besides our room). We won't eat there. We'll need to check-in/out. And the lazy river. My DD still enjoys slides, too. Knowing the resort a whole lot better than I am, where would you recommend that I request to be?

I can see our days going : wake up, walk to car, drive to park, come back in the afternoon, walk to room, [change to suit, down to lazy river or hot tub, back to room,] nap, back to car, back to park, back to resort, back to room.

with [optional swimming] only being for a couple of days. Our big swims will be at the water parks.

Help?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #2808
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
My placard expired in March, although you prompted me to get an appt to see about getting a renewal.

I looked at the maps in satellite mode and I believe I see the structures you are talking about. To the inside of the ring by Building 1 is what appears to be a lazy river, and to the inside by Building 6 is what appears to be that pirate ship I keep seeing pictures of. Is that correct?

It appears as though it would be quite a hike to go from 4/5 to the lazy river if that's the case.

I'm trying to think what we'd use of the facilities (besides our room). We won't eat there. We'll need to check-in/out. And the lazy river. My DD still enjoys slides, too. Knowing the resort a whole lot better than I am, where would you recommend that I request to be?

I can see our days going : wake up, walk to car, drive to park, come back in the afternoon, walk to room, [change to suit, down to lazy river or hot tub, back to room,] nap, back to car, back to park, back to resort, back to room.

with [optional swimming] only being for a couple of days. Our big swims will be at the water parks.

Help?
hmmmm....

I might actually suggest tower 5 for you. The pool is zero Entry, and it has a lazy river (Kind of hidden on sat views because of the trees, and since it goes around/thru the fort structure). i figure the Zero entry would be easier on your knees than a stepped entry.

Tower 6 with the pirate pool would be just next door, so not that far of a walk.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #2809
Candleshoe

Thanks, DCTooTall! And thanks to your prompting I stopped my procrastination and got my handicapped placard which will help a lot.

I'm still up in the air between BC and WH, but waiting to hear back from Ken to see if he can get us a unit at BC and if so I'll consider that my sign and grab that.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #2810
agame2323
DIS Veteran

What street is the Walmart located on?

I heard there is one very close to the hotel.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #2811
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by agame2323 View Post
I heard there is one very close to the hotel.
There are two that are very easy to get too. The directions to both are actually on the first post in this thread.

Quote:
Where can you find a grocery store/Walmart?
Vineland Rd Walmart.
Exiting Bonnet Creek make a right on Buena Vista Dr. Make your 1st right on Epcot Center drive (towards I-4). Cross over I-4 and make a right onto 535 (Vineland Rd). Walmart will be a couple miles down the road on your right.

Turkey Lake Walmart.
There are 2 ways to get here:

Option 1.
Exiting Bonnet Creek make a right onto Buena Vista Dr. Take I-4 "East" Towards Orlando. Exit off Sand Lake Rd. 74A. Turn left under I-4. At the first light, make a left (Turkey Lake Rd). Walmart will be on your right.

Option 2.
Turn right on Buena Vista Drive towards Downtown Disney. Turn right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd. Turn Left at the Crossroads shopping center light. (Vineland rd). At the first light, make a right. (Palm Parkway). Follow this road all the way down. It changes names to Turkey Lake Rd. Walmart will be on your left.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #2812
flyershawk
Earning My Ears

Parking fees, Four Bedroom Condo

Hi, I'll be going to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort for the first time this November and staying in a four bedroom condo. Can someone please tell me (there seems to be conflicting info that I've found):

1. Can you self-park for free at the timeshare side of the resort?

2. Are all of the four bedroom condos Presidential?

3. Are all of the four bedroom condos in building 6?

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #2813
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershawk View Post
Hi, I'll be going to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort for the first time this November and staying in a four bedroom condo. Can someone please tell me (there seems to be conflicting info that I've found):

1. Can you self-park for free at the timeshare side of the resort?

2. Are all of the four bedroom condos Presidential?

3. Are all of the four bedroom condos in building 6?

Thanks so much for your help!
1. Parking is free

2. Yes

3. No, they are in all towers.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #2814
flyershawk
Earning My Ears

Thanks Upatnoon! Is there a particular tower that I should request to be to get a good view of the fireworks and be close to pools in one of the four-bedroom units?

One more question - I have seen some random references that there may be additional charges for extra people in the room - any idea about this?

THANKS!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #2815
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershawk View Post
Thanks Upatnoon! Is there a particular tower that I should request to be to get a good view of the fireworks and be close to pools in one of the four-bedroom units?

One more question - I have seen some random references that there may be additional charges for extra people in the room - any idea about this?

THANKS!
You can bring as many people as your room holds for the same price. This is not like a Disney hotel with those upcharges.

All the units are close to pools, they are near every tower. I have never cared about fireworks views, so I'd just ask for it at check-in and see it if it available.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #2816
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Who wants our stroller?

Fellow Bonnet Creekers,

free to good home.... One super comfy travel stroller.

We leave for home tomorrow Sunday the 10th. We will be leaving our trusty stroller behind. It is a Graco. it is Large, black with grey and red details and a large basket underneath that will fold down to allow for items to be added or removed if child is asleep in the stroller. It has 2 cup holders, and 2 cubbies to tuck sunglasses and other items into. It has a large sun shade and a clear rain cover that has it's own bag and will be in the basket of the stroller. This is a sturdy stroller and we used it for my 6 year old on this trip (we parked it by day and only used it to tote the passed out boy back to the car and up the elevator at night). DS has outgrown the need for a stroller but I will miss the use of one as I did love the cup holders. This stroller is in very good condition and comes from a smoke free home. if your coming to WBC this week and would like it I can leave it with guest services.

So.....who wants it???

We are off to Epcot and should be back to watch fireworks by 9. I'll get back to you then.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #2817
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Fellow Bonnet Creekers,

free to good home.... One super comfy travel stroller.

We leave for home tomorrow Sunday the 10th. We will be leaving our trusty stroller behind. It is a Graco. it is Large, black with grey and red details and a large basket underneath that will fold down to allow for items to be added or removed if child is asleep in the stroller. It has 2 cup holders, and 2 cubbies to tuck sunglasses and other items into. It has a large sun shade and a clear rain cover that has it's own bag and will be in the basket of the stroller. This is a sturdy stroller and we used it for my 6 year old on this trip (we parked it by day and only used it to tote the passed out boy back to the car and up the elevator at night). DS has outgrown the need for a stroller but I will miss the use of one as I did love the cup holders. This stroller is in very good condition and comes from a smoke free home. if your coming to WBC this week and would like it I can leave it with guest services.

So.....who wants it???

We are off to Epcot and should be back to watch fireworks by 9. I'll get back to you then.
That is a very generous offer, overthemoon!
I would love to use it for our grand-daughter - then possibly pass it along like we do on the Pay it Forward Board. We won't be there until the 29th, tho...
However, if someone comes along sooner or with a more pressing need, then by all means pass it along to that person.
Thank you again for the offer.
Gretchen
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2818
vbarry
DIS Veteran

I am trying to book Xmas week Dec 26 to Jan 2. I have contacted Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrades...neither of them have a 3 bedroom available. Anyone else I can book with??? They both stated they would continue to check. Is there any hope one will become available??
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #2819
Branabb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
I am trying to book Xmas week Dec 26 to Jan 2. I have contacted Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrades...neither of them have a 3 bedroom available. Anyone else I can book with??? They both stated they would continue to check. Is there any hope one will become available??
That will be a tough week to book as it is THE busiest of the year. It sounds like there is no availability at the resort, since all owners can check availability regardless of whether they have points to book with.

I have found Paul at Utopia World Vacations to be pretty resourceful. I don't think it is allowed to post links and contact info, but I can give you his number and website if you PM me. Alternatively, you can Google Utopia World Vacations and contact them through their website.

Farrell Vacations, 5starresorts, and Redweeks are some other places to look for availability too. I haven't dealt with any of them personally.

I wish you luck.

Last edited by Branabb; 06-09-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #2820
Candleshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Is your party make-up such that you could do a 2BR & 1BR? Or move to a 4BR?