Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #2791
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I had to walk over to the hotel check in desk.
Thank you for doing that and for posting the schedule for us.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #2792
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihv2gratkids View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but some of the resorts offer discounted Disney or Universal tickets. Does anyone know if the Wyndham offers these tickets or if they're cheaper at undercover tourist.
Undercover is cheaper.

There is a Disney Ticket Desk at the main lobby where you can buy your park tickets before heading to the park, but it's actually staffed by Disney Cast Members and they charge regular gate rates.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #2793
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Here is my link to the 2 bedroom presidential

http://youtu.be/tZTbnIigU8k

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #2794
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
I'm originally from Ellsworth, KS (small town near Salina) but have lived in Branson, Missouri the past 20 years. Always a faithful KU fan!!!
I grew up in Topeka and graduated from KU in 02 before moving to Illinois. Huge KU Bball fan. Hope we have another great year next year with all the new guys coming in!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #2795
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Just booked with Ken at Vacation Upgrades. Less for a 2bedroom than Vac Strategy quoted me for a 1 bedroom.

This will be our first stay offsite.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #2796
4mykidz127
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Vacation Strategy quoted me $151/night for 5 nights in July in a 1 bedroom deluxe or $175 for 2 bedroom. I thought I had read earlier that less than 60 days out was about $100-120 - or am I wrong about that?

Any other suggestions on who to rent from for less?
We used Ken and Denise Price from Vacation Upgrades for our July trip and we got a 2 bedroom deluxe for $120 a night but they booked us at the 60 day mark. Check with them for availability-they have been wonderful to work with.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #2797
4mykidz127
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just booked with Ken at Vacation Upgrades. Less for a 2bedroom than Vac Strategy quoted me for a 1 bedroom.

This will be our first stay offsite.
Sorry I didn't see this before I posted. That is awesome! Such a great rate!!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #2798
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

3. Plus it's a lot less stress finding a parking spot at the end of the day. Rather than going back and forth trying to find an open spot in the surface lot, you can just pull into the garage and be virtually guaranteed to find an open spot.
Where is the parking lot in the resort? I need the shortest walk possible from the lot to the elevator (room) due to injured knees. I don't care about view whatsoever, or closeness to bus stop as we'll have our car. It would be nice to be near a lazy river. IIRC someone said there are two here. I have a 12 year old and to get her (with a short walk) to one of the pools where she might find tweens to swim with would be great.

So what do you advise and where is this parking lot?
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2799
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you for that video, EchoQueen.
You did an A#1 job!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #2800
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I'm joining the WBC party!!!

My DH and I celebrated our honeymoon the fist week of September last year, and out of the blue, he said, "hey, I still have 5 days of vacation left this year...if we go to WDW the first day of September again, it will only be using 4 days of vacation. And why don't we bring our mom's?"

We had the idea to bring some of our family on our next trip while on our honeymoon, and I'm so glad we'll be making it a reality! We will be there Sept 1-8 with our moms and my sister. More people = need bigger hotel. I'm deciding we will try out WBC soley based on all the fans the place has here on the Dis.

Any recommendations on when the best time would be to book the room for Sept?

We want a 2bdrm. Turns out that Sept 1 is still "high season" (which makes no sense because the parks are DEAD at that time--I have been to WDW for the last two Labor Day weekends and it is empty.)

I was quoted about $875 for Sept 1-8 and $715 for Sept 2-8 (I have a Marriott voucher I could use at a different hotel the first night...but I hate switching hotels.)

I've read through a lot of this board and it is so helpful to have such a wealth of information.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #2801
mmdis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for those pictures Ecohqueen

Thanks that does answer my question It is obviously not meant to walk out from. While you could go through and I'm sure my tween boys could mow one down in a second. I am a rule following and would not have my boys trample through something they should not.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #2802
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
Thanks for those pictures Ecohqueen

Thanks that does answer my question It is obviously not meant to walk out from. While you could go through and I'm sure my tween boys could mow one down in a second. I am a rule following and would not have my boys trample through something they should not.

Thanks
A picture's worth a thousand words, right?

I'm all about knowing logistics beforehand, too.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #2803
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Thanks for that...I am surprised that you got that much for such a short presentation. Were they very pushy? I think DH is gonna want to do this if they offer enough incentive, I just wonder if you didn't get lucky? And I agree, people need to do some research before they agree to buy from the developer. Whether it's their first purchase or to add on it doesn't matter.....just look at ebay! We bought ours for a song....so far we have been happy with it and we haven't even explored the option of trading into RCI yet.

Thanks again for the info!
We might have been lucky -- not too high pressure. We talked to 4 people total -- original presenter, manager, post survey person and then the clerk who issued the credit card. DH said I was "snarky" (didn't mean to be but just really didn't want to be there and was still ticked at dh for signing us up) and that might have helpled. Good luck and have a Wonderful vacation!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #2804
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Does anyone know the pool hours?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #2805
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
Where is the parking lot in the resort? I need the shortest walk possible from the lot to the elevator (room) due to injured knees. I don't care about view whatsoever, or closeness to bus stop as we'll have our car. It would be nice to be near a lazy river. IIRC someone said there are two here. I have a 12 year old and to get her (with a short walk) to one of the pools where she might find tweens to swim with would be great.

So what do you advise and where is this parking lot?
If you look at the resort via Google Maps, it'll give you an idea. Basically the layout of the resort is a central lake, surrounded by the towers, which are then ringed by the parking lot. Unlike a lot of Disney Resorts were you have lots which then require walking "inside" the resort to the various buildings, there are parking lots just outside all the WBC buildings.

The issue is that for the surface lots, Just like with a mall or other places with lots of parking, You may need to go back and forth a bit to find an open space at the end of the day. With one of the 2 parking decks (Between buildings 4 and 5, and then between the hotel and Tower 6 [which has an elevator that connects directly to the buildings]), you can just pull into them at the end of the day and you know you are going to find a spot without doing the ole' back-and-forth-down-aisles search. Also.... shade.

If your knees are such that you have a handicap parking placard, There are handicap spots located near the entrance to each tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl84 View Post
I'm joining the WBC party!!!

My DH and I celebrated our honeymoon the fist week of September last year, and out of the blue, he said, "hey, I still have 5 days of vacation left this year...if we go to WDW the first day of September again, it will only be using 4 days of vacation. And why don't we bring our mom's?"

We had the idea to bring some of our family on our next trip while on our honeymoon, and I'm so glad we'll be making it a reality! We will be there Sept 1-8 with our moms and my sister. More people = need bigger hotel. I'm deciding we will try out WBC soley based on all the fans the place has here on the Dis.

Any recommendations on when the best time would be to book the room for Sept?

We want a 2bdrm. Turns out that Sept 1 is still "high season" (which makes no sense because the parks are DEAD at that time--I have been to WDW for the last two Labor Day weekends and it is empty.)

I was quoted about $875 for Sept 1-8 and $715 for Sept 2-8 (I have a Marriott voucher I could use at a different hotel the first night...but I hate switching hotels.)

I've read through a lot of this board and it is so helpful to have such a wealth of information.
Timeshare resort high and peak seasons don't always match those for hotels and/or the surrounding area tourist seasons. Since there is a large number of timeshare owners who are not tied to the usual school break schedule (either childless, or empty nesters), They may often travel during those slower times. It's similar to how the DVC costs seasons (also timeshare) don't always match the seasons of the regular hotels.

Quote:
Does anyone know the pool hours?
Posted hours end at 10pm, however they don't kick you out of the pool/hottubs until midnight. I don't know what time the pools usually open, but i have seen people down there as the sun rises so I'm assuming it's pretty early. (The pools used to be open 24/7, however noisy guests and some inconsiderate people vandalizing the pools changed the policy to a midnight closure.)
Closed Thread