Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #2776
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Vacation Strategy quoted me $151/night for 5 nights in July in a 1 bedroom deluxe or $175 for 2 bedroom. I thought I had read earlier that less than 60 days out was about $100-120 - or am I wrong about that?

Any other suggestions on who to rent from for less?
That is actually a great rate. July is High Season ! probably one of the most expensive times of the year to go to WDW. I paid $100 a night for a deluxe 1 bedroom May 23rd to June 2nd - this was considered the last week of value season before the rates went up. Vacation Strategy was the best rate I could find. We had zero issue with them. I will be using them again for sure.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #2777
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Loving all of the live updates ... getting very anxious for our upcoming trip!

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #2778
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the schedule is for rolling out wifi accross all the towers? Can someone that is there ask that question for the rest of us? It sounds like Towers 2, 4 and 6 currently have wifi. We will be there in November and it would be awesome if all the buildings had wifi by that time.

Jayhawkfans - Rock Chalk! Where are you from?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #2779
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
Does anyone know what the schedule is for rolling out wifi accross all the towers? Can someone that is there ask that question for the rest of us? It sounds like Towers 2, 4 and 6 currently have wifi. We will be there in November and it would be awesome if all the buildings had wifi by that time.

Yes....I would like to know as well. I'll be there is 3 weeks and have requested tower 5. I bought a cheap router but would rather not have to bring it.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #2780
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
Vacation Strategy quoted me $151/night for 5 nights in July in a 1 bedroom deluxe or $175 for 2 bedroom. I thought I had read earlier that less than 60 days out was about $100-120 - or am I wrong about that?

Any other suggestions on who to rent from for less?
It's vacationupgrades that drop the price at the 60 day mark to $100/$120....this is only if there is still availablity.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #2781
katallo
DIS Veteran

Any updates on the renovation of Tower 3. I know they were working on it in May.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #2782
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

Packing for my trip right now!!!! I will at Bonnet Creek on Sunday for 7 nights, but will arrive in Orlando Saturday morning. We are staying at Comfort Suites Sat. night. I'm so excited about our trip!!!!! It is finally here!! It will be our first time staying offsite, but I think we will love it! The resort and the ammenites look amazing. The kids are going to enjoy the lazy rivers, minigolf and spash pad.The only part I don't like is not having the dining plan.We have been able to get free dining for the past few years and had a very low cost trip. I know alot of people say they don't like it or it doesn't work for them, but it did for us.We really love it and enjoy eating at the nicer restaurants. I didn't make any ADR's this time and will miss going to the character meals because I can't bring myself to pay $150.00 for one meal. But not having ADR's will give us more freedom to eat when we are hungry and will leave us more time to slow down and enjoy the resort. We will also probably go in town and try out some new places there. I will have a trip report when I get back with pics (if I can figure out how to post them). I know there are alot onsite people that would like a review coming from someone who has never been offsite before. Better get back to packing
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #2783
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieTeacher View Post
Packing for my trip right now!!!! I will at Bonnet Creek on Sunday for 7 nights, but will arrive in Orlando Saturday morning. We are staying at Comfort Suites Sat. night. I'm so excited about our trip!!!!! It is finally here!! It will be our first time staying offsite, but I think we will love it! The resort and the ammenites look amazing. The kids are going to enjoy the lazy rivers, minigolf and spash pad.The only part I don't like is not having the dining plan.We have been able to get free dining for the past few years and had a very low cost trip. I know alot of people say they don't like it or it doesn't work for them, but it did for us.We really love it and enjoy eating at the nicer restaurants. I didn't make any ADR's this time and will miss going to the character meals because I can't bring myself to pay $150.00 for one meal. But not having ADR's will give us more freedom to eat when we are hungry and will leave us more time to slow down and enjoy the resort. We will also probably go in town and try out some new places there. I will have a trip report when I get back with pics (if I can figure out how to post them). I know there are alot onsite people that would like a review coming from someone who has never been offsite before. Better get back to packing

I thought we would miss having the dining plan too. We had free dining for 3 years in a row, but then we got a great room only discount and went without the dining plan that year. We were still on site and so did all the regular ADR's we usually do and came out ahead because we ate what we wanted...sometimes that's just too much food. Then we stayed off site and of course couldn't add the dining plan even if we wanted. We have saved so much money on accommodations and having breakfast and the odd lunch in our room that we still manage to eat at whatever restaurants we want onsite and now we come out WAY ahead. So, don't get sticker shocked and deprive yourself of those coveted ADR's. Treat yourself, you're on vacation, then just eat off site or in your room to off set the cost. I can't give up LeCellier just because of the price...

Hope you guys have a great vacation!!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #2784
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
I'm originally from Ellsworth, KS (small town near Salina) but have lived in Branson, Missouri the past 20 years. Always a faithful KU fan!!!

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #2785
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Me too Packing now for 7 days starting Sunday! We have stayed offsite before; it is perfect for my family. We always do the dining plan when we stay onsite, but after offsite, we will probably never stay onsite again. Last time we stayed at WH but are very excited for BC!

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2786
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Just started our PTR! We'll be here for 13 nights in December.

This thread has been so ridiculously helpful in easing my staying off site fears.

Couldn't be more excited about staying at WBC.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #2787
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
Me too Packing now for 7 days starting Sunday! We have stayed offsite before; it is perfect for my family. We always do the dining plan when we stay onsite, but after offsite, we will probably never stay onsite again. Last time we stayed at WH but are very excited for BC!

We'll be there at the same time!! Hope you have a magical trip! I noticed your user name is teacher 03. Are you a teacher also? I've taught
1st grade for 17 years! So glad schools out and we're going to Disney!! Where I teach I'm the only teacher that goes to Disney World. Everyone else goes to the beach. They think my family is missing out on something, but they are the ones missing out! I can't imagine vacationing anywhere else! Wishing you lots of pixie dust on your trip!
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #2788
Ihv2gratkids
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but some of the resorts offer discounted Disney or Universal tickets. Does anyone know if the Wyndham offers these tickets or if they're cheaper at undercover tourist.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #2789
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'll be there at the same time!! Hope you have a magical trip! I noticed your user name is teacher 03. Are you a teacher also? I've taught
1st grade for 17 years! So glad schools out and we're going to Disney!! Where I teach I'm the only teacher that goes to Disney World. Everyone else goes to the beach. They think my family is missing out on something, but they are the ones missing out! I can't imagine vacationing anywhere else! Wishing you lots of pixie dust on your trip!
Yes, I am also a teacher.....6 years in third grade, 2 years in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade reading and will be teaching kindergarten in the fall! Everyone at school thinks I am Disney crazy, but that's okay! Wishing you lots and lots of pixie dust! Have a safe trip!

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Old 06-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #2790
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_in_GA View Post
Coming down in July and wondering if the shuttles will be crowded (especially for the first bus returning in the afternoon). What happens when there are too many people to hop on a shuttle? Does this ever happen? Do they rotate in additional buses, or do you just wait for the next one? Seeing the intervals during the afternoon, it seems like it could take a while to get back to the resort.

We'll have a car, but want to find out as much as possible just in case we opt for a shuttle one morning.

I have no firsthand experience with this. But the shuttle schedule does note, in bold print, that capacity is limited and services are provided on a first come, first served basis. So I would assume that, if the bus is full, you just have to wait for the next one.
Closed Thread