Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #2746
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post

Thank you for posting this. I am wondering about the shuttle to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Is it one bus that drops you off at the Ticket and Transportation center and then you access MK and Epcot from the monarail?Thanks! I can't wait till we get there Sunday!!!!
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #2747
coachb
Mouseketeer

A few questions about the buses from BC: Are there separate buses to MK and Epcot? Is it the same bus that goes to both AK and HS? The reason I ask is because the departure times are the same for MK and Epcot from both Tower 1 and 6. The departure times are staggered for AK and HS...8:15-8:20, 9:15-9:20 etc. Leads me to believe it is one bus that picks up at Tower 6 first.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #2748
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachb View Post
A few questions about the buses from BC: Are there separate buses to MK and Epcot? Is it the same bus that goes to both AK and HS? The reason I ask is because the departure times are the same for MK and Epcot from both Tower 1 and 6. The departure times are staggered for AK and HS...8:15-8:20, 9:15-9:20 etc. Leads me to believe it is one bus that picks up at Tower 6 first.

Good questions! I'd like to know the same thing. We are trying to decide if the shuttles are worth saving the parking fee or if we should go ahead and drive and have the option of coming and going as we please.
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #2749
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Echo Queen, did you have to walk over to the hotel to get their bus schedule, or were they with WBC's schedule at the main desk when you checked in? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #2750
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
We are trying to decide if the shuttles are worth saving the parking fee or if we should go ahead and drive and have the option of coming and going as we please.
For me, $14/day is cheap for having that flexibility.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #2751
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieTeacher View Post
Thank you for posting this. I am wondering about the shuttle to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Is it one bus that drops you off at the Ticket and Transportation center and then you access MK and Epcot from the monarail?Thanks! I can't wait till we get there Sunday!!!!
Quote:
I've never taken the bus, but I'll answer with the info I've picked up from varous people in these threads.

The MK/EPCOT bus is a single bus that stops by the TTC first for the MK Drop, and then swings by EPCOT on the return trip to WBC. So It's the same bus to both locations, but you aren't expected/required to hop the Monorail from TTC to get to EPCOT.

AK and MGM (Sorry... It's always MGM to me) also share a bus, but it's not the same trip. The bus will alternate between MGM and AK loops.

It used to be that the Bus would go by Tower 6 First, and then go to the Main Building. Since they've opened the new Tower 1 busstop to replace the Main Building stop, I'm going to guess it's the same way with 6, then 1. (just thinking about with a bus wide turn and the resort entrance/exit, It would make the most sense so they aren't making right turns at the 4-way stop.)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #2752
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
For me, $14/day is cheap for having that flexibility.
I actually get an AP so I don't have to worry about parking charges. I just enjoy the freedom/flexibilty that having a car provides and have found on some of my onsite stays that Disney buses just aren't my thing either.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #2753
Rosebud123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
Gosh, I can't believe that the thread I started years ago is as strong as it is! It's so awesome that people are falling in love like I did.

So excited!!
Thanks, Vettechick!!! I've been following this thread forever. I finally took the plunge and stayed there last April. I'll never stay anywhere else in Orlando again! What a total steal.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #2754
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
As you have already been told, same bus for MK and Epcot...

We came back from AK once and I was expecting the bus to stop at HS for a pickup but it didn't, so...the pickups for those two parks may not always share.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #2755
dsmith72
Mouseketeer

We are here now and we took shuttles 1st few days but have driven since. The time schedule was too restrictive for us. We have saved way more than $14 staying here over being on property so we feel we can justify the parking fee.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #2756
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
If you order from a grocery delivery service, and your room is not ready what does BC do?

I know in Disney they will refridgerate, but not sure how BC handles this?
Anyone?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #2757
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

I'm sure if you called the resort, they could tell you.
https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.c...ils.do?id=0064
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #2758
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Here now and loving it! Did a split stay w/AKL first and then moving here to WBC. We checked in 9am Saturday and I requested tower 5 or 6 high floor w/firework view at that time. She said we could wait for that or that they had a high floor, firework view in tower 4 that we could go into right away. I went with tower four and am so glad I did.

Room is perfectly located on 12th floor just off the elevators. Great view of the Epcot ball and the fireworks are really cool. Very convenient to pool, hot tub, pool bar and lazy river entrance. We have a 2 bedroom deluxe and everything is in excellent shape and clean -- no complaints. We did run out of laundry detergent (they supplied 4 packs) on the first day (had 4 days of dirty clothes from our AKL stay). I called to the front desk and they sent up 2 more packs no problem. Ran out again a couple days later and stopped by the desk and the clerk said they only supplied the first packs (guess I got lucky when I called previously). Picked up some more at CVS and all is good.

We haven't tried the shuttles but have seen them come and go. A little high pressure when I picked up the parking pass but not too bad. DH did answer the phone one night and agreed to a meeting the next morning (grrrrrrrrr). We are Wyndham owners and the "update" didn't take long. We received a $125 Amex card for attending so I guess it worked out ok.

Now I just have to figure out how to pack all this stuff dd12 and dd14 have accumulated over the past 8 days for the flight back!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #2759
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
Anyone?
BC has large refrigerators that they will store your groceries until you are ready for them. No need to worry
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #2760
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamom View Post
Here now and loving it! Did a split stay w/AKL first and then moving here to WBC. We checked in 9am Saturday and I requested tower 5 or 6 high floor w/firework view at that time. She said we could wait for that or that they had a high floor, firework view in tower 4 that we could go into right away. I went with tower four and am so glad I did.

Room is perfectly located on 12th floor just off the elevators. Great view of the Epcot ball and the fireworks are really cool. Very convenient to pool, hot tub, pool bar and lazy river entrance. We have a 2 bedroom deluxe and everything is in excellent shape and clean -- no complaints. We did run out of laundry detergent (they supplied 4 packs) on the first day (had 4 days of dirty clothes from our AKL stay). I called to the front desk and they sent up 2 more packs no problem. Ran out again a couple days later and stopped by the desk and the clerk said they only supplied the first packs (guess I got lucky when I called previously). Picked up some more at CVS and all is good.

We haven't tried the shuttles but have seen them come and go. A little high pressure when I picked up the parking pass but not too bad. DH did answer the phone one night and agreed to a meeting the next morning (grrrrrrrrr). We are Wyndham owners and the "update" didn't take long. We received a $125 Amex card for attending so I guess it worked out ok.

Now I just have to figure out how to pack all this stuff dd12 and dd14 have accumulated over the past 8 days for the flight back!
Just wondering how long is not too long when it comes to an owner update. We are owners now too and DH expressed some interest in attending if the "gift" is good enough. I would say $125 would be enough for him. Me? It would depend on how long we got stuck there.

Also, I think I read somewhere once that there is a law that limits how long they can keep you in these "meetings". Is this true?

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
Closed Thread