Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #2296
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
This seems to be happening a lot and is seriously causing me to second guess the option of booking here for our next stay. Does anyone know if any refurbs are planned in the near future?
We recently returned from Tower 4. We also had the terrible furniture and were told they expected a delivery the following week. But, on speaking to a few owners, management has been saying this for quite a while. So, I'm not sure when the furniture will be replaced. Tower 4 must be one of the worst because many guests were comparing pictures of the sofa and chair in their units when they were at the pool and grills. We were also told by the front desk that Tower 3 was the last to be refurbished. I hope they can work it out soon.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #2297
danabalana
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our first WBC stay. 7 nights in a 3 bedroom deluxe. Tower 4 room 563.
It was an all adult trip with 3 couples. Our good friends and their daughter and her husband.
We had a wonderful time. It was a very busy trip. We were up for park opening on our 4 main park days but went a little later on our water park days. The first bus out (8-8:20) got us there before park opening with no problem.
The service and smiles at the parks was great as usual. I do have to say that it seemed very dirty in places though. The floors in some of the queues were filthy. Esp Buzz??
We hit each park at least once and both water parks. (Wow, I forgot how much I love the water parks.)
The room looks really good when you first walk in but there were a couple tears in the carpet in the dining room and the ďleatherĒ chair was repaired where it looks like it had peeled off. Nothing that would keep me from going back. What you get for the price is wonderful.
It was very clean and they brought us more paper products when we called the front desk.
I loved having the washer and dryer since we had already been traveling before we arrived in Orlando.
There were new TVs.
The hair dryer was great.
The bedding was very comfortable and seemed newer. The beds are harder than what I keep my sleep# bed at home but were comfortable and I slept great.
We used the kitchen to cook breakfast every morning. It had all the pans and untensils we needed to make eggs and sausage etc. They provide cone filters and will provide more if you need them. We needlessly bought more. We also bought laundry soap and they provide that too.
The Wal-Mart on Turkey Lake Rd is huge and has everything you could possibly need. We got everything except our adult beverages there.
We also used the bbq to make chicken one night.
We ordered pizza from the bar by tower 3. It was tasty. We had a veggie and an all meat.
We also ate at the hotel bar/restaurant by the lake. They have a Krispy Kreme donut burger. Yes, the donuts are the bun and yes, we ordered it. It was good but I donít need to ever have it again. After this trip I need to eat an entire week with just veggies. ( My friend asked "Does that come with a side of self respect?")
The pools are very nice. We loved the lazy river @ Tower 5.
The bus schedule worked for us for the most part. We used the busses for all of our park days and only took a cab back once because we wanted to come back midafternoon and didnít want to wait an hour for the next one.
We did use cabs back and forth on both water park days. They donít have any busses for them. It averaged about $15 each way. Much cheaper than renting a car for the week.
Our next trip will be in Feb 2014. We will be at the Contemporary for my husbandís convention but I will definitely recommend it to my sisters and their families.
On our last evening we decided to go to DTD for dinner then to MK. We took the bus to DTD then a Disney bus to the Contemporary. Perfect!!
Btw, Raglan Road is delish. Have the bread pudding, but share. Itís huge and itís to die for.
Iím so glad to be home but glad to know that weíll go back in the future.
If anyone has any questions Iíll check back later.
I think I'll post this on the TRs too.
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #2298
mandysmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review! Great to hear the beds are comfortable. What kind/brand of laundry detergent is offered?

Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #2299
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysmom View Post
Thanks for the review! Great to hear the beds are comfortable. What kind/brand of laundry detergent is offered?
Our beds were very comfortable. They use a powdered detergent called Country Save. It's ok, but we usually purchase a liquid.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #2300
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
We just checked out. We were in tower 3, 2nd floor, room 248. We had a 3 bedroom delux. The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms overlooked the pool and we had a fireworks view. The balcony faced the parking lot. The resort is awesome! We loved everything about it except:

Couch and chair had huge pieces of leather missing
Tvs were very old tube style
Handles were missing from a lot of the cabinets in the bedrooms
Basically the entire unit needs a refurb.
Even with that we were very happy with our stay.

One thing to note is that the 2nd bedroom was supposed to have a queen bed. It was bigger than a queen but not quite as big as a king. It was very odd. They had queen sized sheets on the bed but they were definitely too small for the bed.

There is caller ID on the phone so if member services calls you'll know and don't have to answer.
[QUOTE=katallo;44737415]We recently returned from Tower 4. We also had the terrible furniture and were told they expected a delivery the following week. But, on speaking to a few owners, management has been saying this for quite a while. So, I'm not sure when the furniture will be replaced. Tower 4 must be one of the worst because many guests were comparing pictures of the sofa and chair in their units when they were at the pool and grills. We were also told by the front desk that Tower 3 was the last to be refurbished. I hope they can work it out soon.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabalana View Post
We just got back from our first WBC stay. 7 nights in a 3 bedroom deluxe. Tower 4 room 563.
It was an all adult trip with 3 couples. Our good friends and their daughter and her husband.
We had a wonderful time. It was a very busy trip. We were up for park opening on our 4 main park days but went a little later on our water park days. The first bus out (8-8:20) got us there before park opening with no problem.
The service and smiles at the parks was great as usual. I do have to say that it seemed very dirty in places though. The floors in some of the queues were filthy. Esp Buzz??
We hit each park at least once and both water parks. (Wow, I forgot how much I love the water parks.)
The room looks really good when you first walk in but there were a couple tears in the carpet in the dining room and the ďleatherĒ chair was repaired where it looks like it had peeled off. Nothing that would keep me from going back. What you get for the price is wonderful.
It was very clean and they brought us more paper products when we called the front desk.
I loved having the washer and dryer since we had already been traveling before we arrived in Orlando.
There were new TVs.
The hair dryer was great.
The bedding was very comfortable and seemed newer. The beds are harder than what I keep my sleep# bed at home but were comfortable and I slept great.
We used the kitchen to cook breakfast every morning. It had all the pans and untensils we needed to make eggs and sausage etc. They provide cone filters and will provide more if you need them. We needlessly bought more. We also bought laundry soap and they provide that too.
The Wal-Mart on Turkey Lake Rd is huge and has everything you could possibly need. We got everything except our adult beverages there.
We also used the bbq to make chicken one night.
We ordered pizza from the bar by tower 3. It was tasty. We had a veggie and an all meat.
We also ate at the hotel bar/restaurant by the lake. They have a Krispy Kreme donut burger. Yes, the donuts are the bun and yes, we ordered it. It was good but I donít need to ever have it again. After this trip I need to eat an entire week with just veggies. ( My friend asked "Does that come with a side of self respect?")
The pools are very nice. We loved the lazy river @ Tower 5.
The bus schedule worked for us for the most part. We used the busses for all of our park days and only took a cab back once because we wanted to come back midafternoon and didnít want to wait an hour for the next one.
We did use cabs back and forth on both water park days. They donít have any busses for them. It averaged about $15 each way. Much cheaper than renting a car for the week.
Our next trip will be in Feb 2014. We will be at the Contemporary for my husbandís convention but I will definitely recommend it to my sisters and their families.
On our last evening we decided to go to DTD for dinner then to MK. We took the bus to DTD then a Disney bus to the Contemporary. Perfect!!
Btw, Raglan Road is delish. Have the bread pudding, but share. Itís huge and itís to die for.
Iím so glad to be home but glad to know that weíll go back in the future.
If anyone has any questions Iíll check back later.
I think I'll post this on the TRs too.
There are still alot of nice things being said about WBC - but these negatives regarding the rooms/furnishings have got me a little worried. We've never stayed there before...
Has the resort changed hands/management recently? What else would account for the shabbiness in some of the rooms? I understand normal wear & tear, but this seems a bit more than that?? How do those of you who are time share owners feel? Is this a general decline or just a fluke?
Thank you all for your reviews and input.
Gretchen
Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #2301
mandysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Our beds were very comfortable. They use a powdered detergent called Country Save. It's ok, but we usually purchase a liquid.
Thanks; I'll definitely buy our own laundry stuff, too.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #2302
katallo
DIS Veteran

Overall, I think they are having quality issues with the furniture. We were told it was going to be replaced soon. I think guests were just disappointed in the overall appearance of it. I'm hopeful the issue will be resolved quickly (according to the front desk). Honestly, the resort is still a great place to get a ton of room for your family while being very close to Disney. I think if I were to go again I would ask to be in a unit where the furniture had been updated and hope for the best.

[QUOTE=gretchenohar@hotmail;44741139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
We recently returned from Tower 4. We also had the terrible furniture and were told they expected a delivery the following week. But, on speaking to a few owners, management has been saying this for quite a while. So, I'm not sure when the furniture will be replaced. Tower 4 must be one of the worst because many guests were comparing pictures of the sofa and chair in their units when they were at the pool and grills. We were also told by the front desk that Tower 3 was the last to be refurbished. I hope they can work it out soon.[/QUOTE]

There are still alot of nice things being said about WBC - but these negatives regarding the rooms/furnishings have got me a little worried. We've never stayed there before...
Has the resort changed hands/management recently? What else would account for the shabbiness in some of the rooms? I understand normal wear & tear, but this seems a bit more than that?? How do those of you who are time share owners feel? Is this a general decline or just a fluke?
Thank you all for your reviews and input.
Gretchen
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #2303
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reassurance, Katallo.
We'll be there the end of June, & I'll be sure to get back to everyone here. This thread has been very helpful.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #2304
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Katallo:
Totally agree, when we went last year we were in Tower 2 and the furniture was just worn out...it needed to be replaced. But, I noticed it....and never thought about it again...we loved BC despite and are going back again. BTW, I slept better than at home...we are going to see what the mattress brand is and may end up buying new when we get home.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #2305
palmettostatemom
Earning My Ears

posting on this thread to subscribe as we are going to BC this October for a partial week. This is our 1st time at BC, so we're excited! We are TS owners & have traded through RCI several times to Orlando area condos, but we're extra excited about BC since we've heard such good things about it (my mom worked for Cendant/Wyndham so she's been). We drive down, so we will have our own car & we usually just drive to the parks, but since we're so close this time & the shuttle service seems to be so frequent, we may try shuttling it some!

edited to add: anyone know the shuttle chedule for the Grande hotel? wondering if they have some in between times that the BC Resort shuttle doesn't run....

Last edited by palmettostatemom; 04-30-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #2306
webprinter
DIS Veteran

We stayed in Tower 4 in February and everything was fine. The furniture and rest of the unit was in good condition.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #2307
danabalana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettostatemom View Post
posting on this thread to subscribe as we are going to BC this October for a partial week. This is our 1st time at BC, so we're excited! We are TS owners & have traded through RCI several times to Orlando area condos, but we're extra excited about BC since we've heard such good things about it (my mom worked for Cendant/Wyndham so she's been). We drive down, so we will have our own car & we usually just drive to the parks, but since we're so close this time & the shuttle service seems to be so frequent, we may try shuttling it some!

edited to add: anyone know the shuttle chedule for the Grande hotel? wondering if they have some in between times that the BC Resort shuttle doesn't run....
I tossed it when we left last Saturday but it actually had less runs. If I remember correctly it had some in between times. We took it back once.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #2308
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprinter View Post
We stayed in Tower 4 in February and everything was fine. The furniture and rest of the unit was in good condition.
That's good to know!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #2309
nedac
Mouseketeer

We stayed in Tower 5, as we requested. No furniture issues to speak of, but the guy at the front desk was honest and said they had problems with the furniture. He recommended we stick with our request.

People always ask about the view... We requested and got a fireworks view on the 7th floor. It's great, only problem was that maintenance was right below us and there was constant noise from the backing golf carts and on Thursday morning at 7, the trash truck empties the dumpsters. I think we may request a water view next time.

Oh, and we still talk about how comfortable the beds were. Waaaaaaay better than any Disney bed we have slept in.

So, is it worth it? Absolutely... But..... If money were no object, I'd still do a Disney deluxe over this. Unfortunately, it is an object and if I have a choice between WBC and a Disney value or moderate resort, I am choosing WBC all day long. No question.
February 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #2310
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the affirmation, nedac.
Looking forward to our stay there in a little less than a month!
Closed Thread