Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #2146
qcurly
Earning My Ears

THANKS!! Just so happens when I opened this page it went right to your answer to me. I didn't get an email notification but I would like to. I don't see an option for that. Where is it so I can click it ON?
Thanks,
Karen
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2147
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

I apologize if I'm asking redundant questions, and being one of those annoying posters that don't read the entire thread LOL, but I need to make a quick decision. I have POP booked, and found a rate in a 1 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for around $769 for 7 nights (total cost is less than POP). Is this a good rate? Or can I find cheaper? I found this rate on ebay.

Do the shuttles drop off in the same area as the WDW Resort buses at the MK?

How much is the mini golf? Is it any good?

I read that there is some construction going on, does it effect the pools at the end of May?

Is there a store on site to buy milk, etc.?

Thanks! Appreciate it!!!

Last edited by summerrluvv; 04-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #2148
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a good rate to me. We are also going the end of June and have a 3 BR for $150 but could have gotten a 1BR for 90 and 2BR for 110. This rate includes our taxes and resort fees.

The shuttles to MK drops off at the TTC not the resort bus drop off area , so then you have to take the monorail or boat over. The mini golf is free and the other 2 I don't know. I haven't heard about construction going on but now I will have to google it.

found this

Quote:
Note: there is no longer outside construction happening at this property. The outside of the hotel on site was recently completed, and they are now only working on the inside and minor outside touch-ups. No guests should experience construction noise.

Last edited by mjohnson96; 04-15-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added notes on contraction
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #2149
dtum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcurly View Post
THANKS!! Just so happens when I opened this page it went right to your answer to me. I didn't get an email notification but I would like to. I don't see an option for that. Where is it so I can click it ON?
Thanks,
Karen
Click on thread tools on the right of this thread (just under the long list of page numbers) . The drop down says notify by email. You will have a choiše of how often you want notified of postings. You can do that with any thread even if you don't post but want to follow it.

If you post on a thread scroll down to the bottom before you post and you can set notifications there.

Fort Wilderness Camping - October 1983 (me, DH, DD), June 1993 (me, DH, DD, DS & friends), June 1997 (me, DH, DD, DS), May 2008 (DH and me)
Fort Wilderness Cabins - May 2004 (me, DH, DD, DS, SIL and GS)
Fort Wilderness Camping - June 2009 (me, DH) AND ASMo (SIL, DD, GS, DS)
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
Windsor Hills - DH and I - November 2014
Old 04-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #2150
Princessbec
Earning My Ears

I'm here at the moment and there is no construction going on. The hotel is all finished which was the last construction here.

The village center has a supplies store where we bought milk on our first morning.

We haven't had time for any of the activities but I think it's just a matter of signing equipment out and then signing it back in when you returnit with e activities desk.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #2151
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

thanks for the help!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #2152
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
I apologize if I'm asking redundant questions, and being one of those annoying posters that don't read the entire thread LOL, but I need to make a quick decision. I have POP booked, and found a rate in a 1 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for around $769 for 7 nights (total cost is less than POP). Is this a good rate? Or can I find cheaper? I found this rate on ebay.

Do the shuttles drop off in the same area as the WDW Resort buses at the MK?

How much is the mini golf? Is it any good?

I read that there is some construction going on, does it effect the pools at the end of May?

Is there a store on site to buy milk, etc.?

Thanks! Appreciate it!!!
Rate: I rented with Vacation Strategy beginning of May and got MUCH cheaper rate than that. I have also rented through Lori with Sun Or Snow Vacation Rentals....for about that price for a 2bedroom condo and come to think of it that price was during July high season, other trips were a little less. I think for a 1br its high...BUT we book slower seasons within 60 days. When are you looking to go....holiday weekend? Still cheaper than Value resort!

Shuttles drop off in parking lot NOT at curb. No cover waiting on the bus if you are out at the assigned space before the bus gets there. At MK you go to TTC first.

Mini golf is a basic course...nothing super fancy - ie no windmills but its FREE. You just check out the clubs and balls.

If you choose to purchase milk there its not cheap. They don't have much, but they do have some basics from what I remember. Will you have a car?

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL

Last edited by saysay; 04-15-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #2153
saysay
DIS Veteran

Which Buildings Are Updated?

I am sure this is in the thread somewhere, just can't search right now..... and have been looking for an hour and can't find.

Which buildings have been updated - flat screens, newer decor, etc.

Just booked a trip with Vacation Strategy for may and want to call tomorrow to make my building request. Debating Fireworks view vs quieter smaller building side of resort. Can't wait for trip #4 to WBC!

THANKS!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL

Last edited by saysay; 04-16-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #2154
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Booked our 7 night BC stay for April 2013 through Ken at Vac Upgrades. Vac Strayagies never responded after 2 weeks, so we went with the Ken's offer.

So after a few years of on-site DVC stays, we are really lookng forward to a different kind of vacation experiance. We added the WBC stay to help maximize our AP year with a DVC at the beginning/end, and WBC in the middle. As we will have a car and AP, it should be pretty mush the same for park visits and ADRs. DW is really looking forward to the lazy rivers and relaxing pools areas. As much as we love the on-site Disney bubble, I hope this will help us expand our Orlando vacation possibilities.

Cost wise, WBC is winning hands down. I have several 'what-if' spreadsheets for adding on DVC points, and staying at WBC just blows 'add-on-itis' out the water! Having WBC as an option to our vacation windows really expands our future utilization of our meager 160 DVC points. Best of both worlds IMHO.

DL 66-68; Off-site: 77/90/91; POR 92/94; BC 8/99; WL 3/10; BLT 9/10; SSR 12/10; OKW 5/11; BLT 9/11; HHI 4/12; BLT 10/12; WBC 4/13; AKL-K/BCV 9/13; VB/VGF 9/14
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #2155
danabalana
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say that we will be there on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the great and useful info. I feel totally prepared and I know we'll have a great time

I cant Wait
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #2156
nilseks
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been asked and is redundant, but since search is disabled right now ...

Has anyone used Farrell's vacation rentals? I found a good rate for the week I want to go, but can't really find any reviews online. I want to be sure they are reputable? Thank you for any help!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #2157
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Note: there is no longer outside construction happening at this property. The outside of the hotel on site was recently completed, and they are now only working on the inside and minor outside touch-ups. No guests should experience construction noise.
It's even better than that. That hotel is now completely open for occupancy (and has been since Octoberish). So, the Wyndham complex is now complete.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #2158
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

We are here now. Checked in on Thursday and are having a great time. We are on the 10th floor Pool View in Tower Six. We requested a higher floor in building 6 and they accommodated our request.

We have a three bedroom which is awesome. Granite kitchen and bath and flat screens...not that I really care about this that much, but it is still a nice touch. Pools are terrific and I like walking from our bldg. to the Barista in the hotel which is connected on the ground level for a cappucino.

Prices at Escudo's are very reasonable for basic food. Restaurant at hotel is even closer, but a bit higher.

We have a car, but my sister used the shuttle for MK and said it was great and very easy.

This is our third time here and now that it is complete, it really is a terrific place to vacation...and the best deal around...truly.

The price and location cannot be beat.
We are all loving it!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #2159
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post

So after a few years of on-site DVC stays, we are really lookng forward to a different kind of vacation experiance. We added the WBC stay to help maximize our AP year with a DVC at the beginning/end, and WBC in the middle. As we will have a car and AP, it should be pretty mush the same for park visits and ADRs. DW is really looking forward to the lazy rivers and relaxing pools areas. As much as we love the on-site Disney bubble, I hope this will help us expand our Orlando vacation possibilities.
You will feel like you are still in the "bubble" since you never have to leave Disney's property if you don't want to.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #2160
DisneyNut_34
Mouseketeer

With the Search function disabled I was hoping someone here can help me. We are arriving for our 1st trip to WBC in June and was looking for a recent property map.

Could somone please post one, or direct me to an existing post?

TIA
Closed Thread