Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #1711
Qtbugg
Earning My Ears

Hi all,
One week until we arrive for our first stay at WBC, can't wait! I loved reading through this thread and will share photos upon return.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #1712
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Have a great time, Qtbugg! Looking forward to your pics!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #1713
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for posting pics! We will be there May 5th.. I cant wait!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #1714
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVM View Post
How many in your family? If you can, why not just get a room at the Values for the two nights.

Your family will thank you over and over again once they arrive and realize they have so much space! My daughters took over the 2nd bedroom like it was their own personal apt. In fact my 14 year old enjoyed hanging out in the room so much she passed on joining me, my son and my 12 year old daughter spending the evening at MK and hung out with my husband while he cooked for us. My poor son (the 16 year old) had the pull out bed...story of his life. But he said it wasn't too bad.

The extra space really helps de-stressing a high-octane vacation that WDW tends to be. I've always thought of myself as a WDW resort snob...7 visits @ Yacht Club, Dolphin, Villas @ Beach Club (rented points), Villas @ Boardwalk (also rented points), Carribean Resort and 3 times @ Riverside - but never again unless I have money to burn.
I have thought about the value resort for those two nights and I have also looked into The Grand hotel there at BC. That may be easier since its right there. I have also considered checking other rates with other places again and to see if they have anything for the entire week, but this rate can't be beat. Not sure what to do at this point except wait and pray those two days open up.

I can't tell you how excited we are about the extra space too. I have always been a Disney resort only snob myself, but I am over that now. I saw for myself in May where Bonnet Creek was located and every time we drove by I thought we have got to try it just once to see. Ever since then I have read more and more about it and it just makes me want to stay there even more.

Last edited by wdwmom0f3; 03-04-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #1715
Beccabunny
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have pictures of the lazy river and zero entry pool near the main building? I'm wondering if it looks as nice as the area over by buildings 5 and 6.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1716
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Here's a dirty subject.....

Smoking.

Are there any designated areas at BC?

Asking for a "friend".
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #1717
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Can't wait!!!

We were originally booked at the Poly for our vacation in late May, but I kept feeding my addiction to the message boards & came across this thread. After researching it for a while, my husband and I decided just to go ahead and switch to staying at Bonnet Creek when we saw that we could get a 2 BR for around $100 a night.

We just couldn't warrant the extra expense for staying on-site. Plus, we've decided to use the extra money to stay an additional week & get annual passes for everyone. That way we'll be able to plan another trip to come back in 2013. The kids were WAY more excited about having their own bedroom than about staying on the monorail...go figure.

We haven't stayed at BC yet, but I have a feeling we'll never want to go back to staying on-site. I won't want to give up the extra space or the washer/dryer.

After booking BC last night, I had my first good night of sleep where I didn't wake up thinking/hoping for Disney discounts or pin codes. Ahhh...felt so nice.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #1718
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
We were originally booked at the Poly for our vacation in late May, but I kept feeding my addiction to the message boards & came across this thread. After researching it for a while, my husband and I decided just to go ahead and switch to staying at Bonnet Creek when we saw that we could get a 2 BR for around $100 a night.

We just couldn't warrant the extra expense for staying on-site. Plus, we've decided to use the extra money to stay an additional week & get annual passes for everyone. That way we'll be able to plan another trip to come back in 2013. The kids were WAY more excited about having their own bedroom than about staying on the monorail...go figure.

We haven't stayed at BC yet, but I have a feeling we'll never want to go back to staying on-site. I won't want to give up the extra space or the washer/dryer.

After booking BC last night, I had my first good night of sleep where I didn't wake up thinking/hoping for Disney discounts or pin codes. Ahhh...felt so nice.
Good for YOU! We booked our first trip to Bonnet Creek as well....we will be there shortly before you! We have only stayed offsite..so I really can't compare the onsite/offsite....but when we went last and stayed at Windsor Hills...my son LOVED having his own bedroom...tv..and bathroom! He loved being able to go in his own room and have "quiet time"..watching a movie in his bed..it was his way of resting!

I have been going on YOUTUBE and watching resort tours of onsite/offsite accomodations...looking at the Poly rooms..Contemporary..Beach Club..the values...the....Caribbean Beach..yadda yadda...and haven't been all that impressed with the look of the rooms..Poly looked very dark....the grounds look gorgeous though...but anyone can vist and spend a day on the grounds (not the pools...I know)...but still!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #1719
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anl View Post

We're driving from Texas too!
We're driving too! 24 hours and 4 kids! Oh yay! But 12 days in the World is worth it. Now, where DID I put that vacation money?
ASMu 2009
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #1720
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I have thought about the value resort for those two nights and I have also looked into The Grand hotel there at BC. That may be easier since its right there. I have also considered checking other rates with other places again and to see if they have anything for the entire week, but this rate can't be beat. Not sure what to do at this point except wait and pray those two days open up.

I can't tell you how excited we are about the extra space too. I have always been a Disney resort only snob myself, but I am over that now. I saw for myself in May where Bonnet Creek was located and every time we drove by I thought we have got to try it just once to see. Ever since then I have read more and more about it and it just makes me want to stay there even more.
We stayed at Windsor HIlls during our last visit..we enjoyed ourselves...but we kept on looking at the Bonnet Creek sign (well..I did) I did some research on here for our last trip and considered it but I was worried about the whole "timeshare" thing...but since I have read some great tips..and I know how we can get past it! Plus we are checking in late in the evening...so those people should be gone!

Great to know that another "resort snob" is considering Bonnet Creek! I just wouldn't go on the "Disney Resorts" part of this board and announce it! :P
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #1721
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemitchcowski View Post
Good for YOU! We booked our first trip to Bonnet Creek as well....we will be there shortly before you! We have only stayed offsite..so I really can't compare the onsite/offsite....but when we went last and stayed at Windsor Hills...my son LOVED having his own bedroom...tv..and bathroom! He loved being able to go in his own room and have "quiet time"..watching a movie in his bed..it was his way of resting!

I have been going on YOUTUBE and watching resort tours of onsite/offsite accomodations...looking at the Poly rooms..Contemporary..Beach Club..the values...the....Caribbean Beach..yadda yadda...and haven't been all that impressed with the look of the rooms..Poly looked very dark....the grounds look gorgeous though...but anyone can vist and spend a day on the grounds (not the pools...I know)...but still!

I think the "quiet time" is what's going to be most important for our family. It will also be nice to know that my DH can head back to the parks for a late night with the 2 older ones and not have to worry about disturbing the littler ones when he comes back in. It offers so much more flexilibty for us.

I have to admit that my only reason for staying at the Poly was everything offered outside of the room...silly huh? We thought the same thing...we can always visit any resort we want, and I'm sure we will since we have a lot of dining reservations that we'll still keep.

In the end....nothing sounds better to me than saving $3000 on our lodging.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #1722
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccabunny View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the lazy river and zero entry pool near the main building? I'm wondering if it looks as nice as the area over by buildings 5 and 6.
Check out the photos on the Bonnet Creek Photo Thread, you will find them there.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #1723
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think the "quiet time" is what's going to be most important for our family. It will also be nice to know that my DH can head back to the parks for a late night with the 2 older ones and not have to worry about disturbing the littler ones when he comes back in. It offers so much more flexilibty for us.

I have to admit that my only reason for staying at the Poly was everything offered outside of the room...silly huh? We thought the same thing...we can always visit any resort we want, and I'm sure we will since we have a lot of dining reservations that we'll still keep.

In the end....nothing sounds better to me than saving $3000 on our lodging.
Thast 3k can go towards another trip! ...BTW..look into upgrading your tickets to annual passes and you won't have to pay parking!..and you can buy at TIW card (discount TS dining card) for $75 and it will get you 20% off TS Meals!

We ended up upgrading on our very last day ( so we didn't get the free parking last trip)..But we will this trip..lets say you do a "yearly trip" your second trip only has to be like a week before the year is up!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #1724
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
We're driving too! 24 hours and 4 kids! Oh yay! But 12 days in the World is worth it. Now, where DID I put that vacation money?
We're driving from Central IL with 4 kids...can't say I'm looking forward to THAT portion of our trip. I think the fastest we've ever made it was 20 hours. This year we're packing a LARGE piece of cardboard to put between the two girls in the back seat when they get grouchy. Seriously, once they're "banned" from each other, they magically get along.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #1725
VickiVM
Not above flirting with Tag Fairies!

Quote:
We're driving from Central IL with 4 kids...can't say I'm looking forward to THAT portion of our trip. I think the fastest we've ever made it was 20 hours. This year we're packing a LARGE piece of cardboard to put between the two girls in the back seat when they get grouchy. Seriously, once they're "banned" from each other, they magically get along.
My kids are older than yours, but as a mom who's about to send off her oldest to college this fall, I cherish our family road trips to WDW (4). We've road-tripped it just with my son when he was 3, when the three of them were in pre-school and early grade school, when they were in late grade school and middle school and again in 2010 when they were in middle and high school. There is something magical about anticipating a WDW vacation while seemingly crawling across the states. As much as I dreaded the endless drive, I know we've created memories for the kids to share as adults long after mom and dad are gone
Closed Thread