Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1696
VickiVM
Not above flirting with Tag Fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I'm so glad to hear this. I am really excited about it. The resort looks perfect! My kids are excited too and DH is thrilled. He is so over being crowded in a small room so this will be great for him too! I still cant believe the price of it. It's so much cheaper than even a value.

Still kind of nervous that they had all but two days in the middle of our trip, which means unless something opens up we will have to move for two nights. Total bummer, but I am trying to stay positive. I am not sure what to do yet. I think I will wait until the last minute to book anything Disney in hopes that something opens up. I think I am also going to look into the new Hotel at BC because that would be an easier move for us. It's just the added expense that's killing me. It's hard to beat the rate I got.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything works out.
How many in your family? If you can, why not just get a room at the Values for the two nights.

Your family will thank you over and over again once they arrive and realize they have so much space! My daughters took over the 2nd bedroom like it was their own personal apt. In fact my 14 year old enjoyed hanging out in the room so much she passed on joining me, my son and my 12 year old daughter spending the evening at MK and hung out with my husband while he cooked for us. My poor son (the 16 year old) had the pull out bed...story of his life. But he said it wasn't too bad.

The extra space really helps de-stressing a high-octane vacation that WDW tends to be. I've always thought of myself as a WDW resort snob...7 visits @ Yacht Club, Dolphin, Villas @ Beach Club (rented points), Villas @ Boardwalk (also rented points), Carribean Resort and 3 times @ Riverside - but never again unless I have money to burn.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #1697
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

This resort came up on Sinaque(sp?) Away for a 4 day sale yesterday. Discount travel site, looks like 'invitation only' on splash page but there was an 'invite me' link. Signed up ages ago though.

I've never researched rates.
Late May 2 bedroom was $139 & $169 for weekend nights, early June was $169 & $189 I think (10 nights averaged to $183/nt)

That looked good until someone on tripadvisor claimed under $100 a night...

It is not refundable so I'm hesitant to book it.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #1698
mousegear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyB View Post
This resort came up on Sinaque(sp?) Away for a 4 day sale yesterday. Discount travel site, looks like 'invitation only' on splash page but there was an 'invite me' link. Signed up ages ago though.

I've never researched rates.
Late May 2 bedroom was $139 & $169 for weekend nights, early June was $169 & $189 I think (10 nights averaged to $183/nt)

That looked good until someone on tripadvisor claimed under $100 a night...

It is not refundable so I'm hesitant to book it.
180/nt is high to me. I think if you book it with reputable owners who rent it out it should be around $100~120/night at most. I know there are some who rented much cheaper by going on ebay and others but recently, I've been seeing mostly around $100 or little more at most for 2 bedroom deluxe.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #1699
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousegear View Post
180/nt is high to me. I think if you book it with reputable owners who rent it out it should be around $100~120/night at most. I know there are some who rented much cheaper by going on ebay and others but recently, I've been seeing mostly around $100 or little more at most for 2 bedroom deluxe.
I just booked mid August 2 bedroom for $145 a night. I don't want to wait too close to our trip to hope for a cheaper rate.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #1700
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Just about every question has been answered but the one I need to know. What kind of coffee filters do the machines take? I KNOW there are mesh filters, but I hate those. They let too much sediment and oils through which makes for harsh coffee IMO. I like to use paper filters. So do they take the flat bottom filters or the cone filters?

Also, doesn't anyone have pictures of a regular old 2BR deluxe? Everything I see here is about 3 and 4BR Presidential. I want to know what a regular suite looks like so badly.
]
I apologize if this has been answered. I'm here now and the coffee machine uses the cone shaped filters. They include a few paper ones along with the metal one but only 3 or 4.

I am in a 2BR deluxe with a fireworks view in Building 4. I will try to take photos and upload them sometime during our stay. The unit we have is not updated. Overall it's a nice unit. As someone mentioned earlier, the couch is looking worn. It's a faux leather and on the front of the arms the the color is wearing off revealing the white fabric below. It doesn't look great but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I don't recall seeing this anywhere but I was surprised at all the children's activities they have scheduled around the resort. Granted, we're here at a busy time (March). When we arrived there was an amazing balloon artist in the lobby to entertain the kids while we checked in. They have scheduled face painting, treasure hunts, bounce house, movies on the lawn, hip hop dance lessons for teens, the list goes on and on.

I'll try to update again once we've been longer. So far it's been great!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #1701
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLCH View Post
Have you looked into booking with Vacation Strategy? They only charged us a $150 deposit and the balance is due 30-50 days before check in.
I haven't checked them out, but I will now! Thanks!
ASMu 2009
Old 03-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #1702
TnTWalter
DIS Veteran

TWO BEDROOM DELUXE [aka regular room]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post

Also, doesn't anyone have pictures of a regular old 2BR deluxe? Everything I see here is about 3 and 4BR Presidential. I want to know what a regular suite looks like so badly.
Here are some pics from our 2 bedroom deluxe last April. We were in Building 4. Not high enough for fireworks but same side of building.

View:

from entry:

dining table:

kitchen:

couch:

shuffle board right by grills ... great for playing while waiting for dinner...just get the equipment at the main building...

picnic area right by building [grills and shuffleboard right here too]....

tubes for lazy river...right there by your building....

river:

hot tub....

building 4 pool, bar:

pirate pool building 5 [next door].

Here's what to look for when you're driving to it...

April 2011 Offsite @ Bonnet Creek
June 2009 Offsite @ Windsor Hills followed by Beach Week @ Anna Maria Island
October 2007 Hawaii @ POLY
January 2006 Connecting Rooms @ POP 50s Sect.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #1703
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great pics, they are wonderful!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #1704
2goofykiddos
Budding Disney addict

Q about views

How would we request a fireworks view and when would be the best time to request it?

We are doing a "split stay" 3 nights in a 3 bedroom, 3 in the presidential 4 bdrm.

Very excited. The thread is very helpful!

Thanks!
May 2010- 3 days off site
May 2011-- 6 nights POFQ
May 2012- 7 nights VWL!!!!!
Oct 2012 Adult's only F&W trip
Dec 2012- Bonnet Creek with extended family,
1 night CBR
March 2013- off site
May 2014- Bay Lake Tower
Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #1705
anl
Mouseketeer

We just booked a 2 bdrm delux for Thanksgiving week! I'm so excited! Also, nervous b/c we always stay onsite. I've just realized that we need more space and it will make everyone much happier on our trip if we aren't all on top of each other. We drive, so I'm not worried about any of that...just scared of the unknown I guess.

So I will be stalking this thread for the next months or so!

I'm looking for suggestions on what to request...The main thing I'm concerned with not having to walk a mile to get to and from our car everyday. I'm also thinking I would like to be close to main building since that's where is seems a lot of activites are??? Opinions?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #1706
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anl View Post
We just booked a 2 bdrm delux for Thanksgiving week! I'm so excited! Also, nervous b/c we always stay onsite. I've just realized that we need more space and it will make everyone much happier on our trip if we aren't all on top of each other. We drive, so I'm not worried about any of that...just scared of the unknown I guess.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to request...The main thing I'm concerned with not having to walk a mile to get to and from our car everyday. I'm also thinking I would like to be close to main building since that's where is seems a lot of activites are??? Opinions?
Welcome, there is parking around all of the buildings. The requests are just that requests not at all set in stone and many have mentioned not given often.
You will love your stay there. Happy planning

Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #1707
VickiVM
Not above flirting with Tag Fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anl View Post

In 2010 we were in bldg 5 on 12th floor with fireworks view. We somehow always found parking in the parking garage right by the building and usually right at the entrance of the parking garage which is steps away from the entrance to the resort.

We requested this view, btw.

And don't sweat the unknown...you'll never want to go back to cramped, one bedroom, one bathroom resorts ever again! We were ecstatic about all the space we had. We packed less because we could throw in a load of laundry. We spent less on food because we could keep a good amount of groceries on hand. No scheduling showers and morning bathroom time because of the 2 bathrooms. My kids were thrilled!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #1708
anl
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I may not even request and just get what we get.

I'm really looking forward to having a washer and dryer...lol. I hate coming home with tons of dirty laundry!

We're driving from Texas too!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #1709
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I apologize if this has been answered. I'm here now and the coffee machine uses the cone shaped filters. They include a few paper ones along with the metal one but only 3 or 4.

I am in a 2BR deluxe with a fireworks view in Building 4. I will try to take photos and upload them sometime during our stay. The unit we have is not updated. Overall it's a nice unit. As someone mentioned earlier, the couch is looking worn. It's a faux leather and on the front of the arms the the color is wearing off revealing the white fabric below. It doesn't look great but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I don't recall seeing this anywhere but I was surprised at all the children's activities they have scheduled around the resort. Granted, we're here at a busy time (March). When we arrived there was an amazing balloon artist in the lobby to entertain the kids while we checked in. They have scheduled face painting, treasure hunts, bounce house, movies on the lawn, hip hop dance lessons for teens, the list goes on and on.

I'll try to update again once we've been longer. So far it's been great!
Thank you so much for your response! Very helpful. I can't wait to hear more about your time at WBC and see pictures! Thank you for taking the time to respond!! Hope you're having a GREAT time!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #1710
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTWalter View Post
Here are some pics from our 2 bedroom deluxe last April. We were in Building 4. Not high enough for fireworks but same side of building.
Thanks for the FAB pictures!!! Especially the signs to look for.... that is super helpful! Looks awesome! Thank you for taking the time to post for me!
Closed Thread