Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #1681
PrepandLanding
Earning My Ears

We stayed at Bonnet Creek last May. It was so awesome we've booked for this May as well. Pirate pool is zero-entry and completely shaded in the mornings - awesome for the little ones.

Also they have a basket at the front door of each tower so you can donate any extra un-opened non-perishable food items and they are donated to the local food bank. This was great -no matter how hard I try we always buy too many groceries.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #1682
verlee
DIS Veteran

Hi WBC experts, We stayed there last year end of Feb. We had booked through an owner, in Jan. This year we are going in Aug. Should I be nervous about waiting for the 60 days in order to get the lower rate? It is about a $400 difference which I of course would like to not spend.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #1683
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I am anxiously waiting for a new quote from VS right now. I finally got the OK from DH to book it, and we finally picked our dates. We had to delay it a day due to DD's cheer competition the day I wanted to leave.

DH was on the fence about it not being Disney owned, but I assured him that it would be great. I have been reading about BC for a while now, and we have been back a few times staying at Riverside, but this time I am ready to give it a try. It will be so nice to have all of that room!!

I am so darn excited!!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #1684
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Have a great time, wdwmom. Please be sure to come back and tell us all about it....
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #1685
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Have a great time, wdwmom. Please be sure to come back and tell us all about it....
Thank you and believe me I will be sure to give a report. In the mean time I will be here reading all about it.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #1686
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm hoping to book a 2 bedroom for Sept. 1-13. My problem is, I won't have my money together until the middle to end of June. I was planning on going through Ken Price. By waiting so late will I be able to get a room? I don't care about views or anything. Am I up a creek?
ASMu 2009
Old 03-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #1687
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofykiddos View Post
Oooh does that blog include your NYE visit. We just booked BC for NYE week! So excited and would love to hear about it!
I wrote about NYE but only briefly mentioned BC. They had activities all around the complex. The Grand had a DJ doing music by the pool, there also seemed to be one by the pirate pool as well. It was a great spot to do NYE because you could see fireworks from Epcot and a little from Hollywood Studios. I'd imagine if you've got the right view you can probably see MK too... We had a great time and I'd suggest it for NYE anytime...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #1688
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

What are the odds??

OK, I heard back from VS and they have all dates open but two, right smack dab in the middle of our trip. She said that they can book now and hold the other five nights, and add the two when and if they come open. WHAT IF THEY DONT? Has this happened to anyone before? We are going the week OF Thanksgiving so my guess is it will be busy.

I booked it, and I guess we will keep watching. She did say that she would give me a full refund if they could not find something. Now my excited has turned into a little worried.

Added: Do you think it would be to much trouble to check out for those two days and then check back in? We could stay at the new hotel there or maybe POR again for those two days. Not ideal, but doable right?

Any other advice from people who normally book there? I am out of my element here.

Last edited by wdwmom0f3; 03-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #1689
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
Hi! I'm hoping to book a 2 bedroom for Sept. 1-13. My problem is, I won't have my money together until the middle to end of June. I was planning on going through Ken Price. By waiting so late will I be able to get a room? I don't care about views or anything. Am I up a creek?
Have you looked into booking with Vacation Strategy? They only charged us a $150 deposit and the balance is due 30-50 days before check in.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13, 9/14)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani/Jambo (1/14, 12/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
Hilton Head (5/15)
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #1690
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

GPS Co-ordinates?

I read somewhere on here about the GPS Co-ordinates for WBC and wrote them down. Now I can't find them...
Does anyone know what they are? We plan on bringing ours and driving a rental from Port Canaveral to WDC.
Thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #1691
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Most GPS units with even vaguely current maps should be able to find it; the easiest waypoint is the intersection of Via Encinas and Chelonia Parkway in Lake Buena Vista, FL.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=via+en...15000&t=m&z=16
Old 03-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #1692
VickiVM
Not above flirting with Tag Fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I am anxiously waiting for a new quote from VS right now. I finally got the OK from DH to book it, and we finally picked our dates. We had to delay it a day due to DD's cheer competition the day I wanted to leave.

DH was on the fence about it not being Disney owned, but I assured him that it would be great. I have been reading about BC for a while now, and we have been back a few times staying at Riverside, but this time I am ready to give it a try. It will be so nice to have all of that room!!

I am so darn excited!!
We were Riverside lovers (family of 5) and stayed several times, but stayed at BC August of 2010 and would never even consider going back to Disney resorts unless they matched pricing for the space (never gonna happen). You will LOVE all the room!! For our family of 5 for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom @ BC, our TOTAL cost of our vacation - including passes for 5, fuel and hotel stays while driving from San Antonio to Orlando and back - was $2200! We bought groceries and cooked several meals which drastically reduced our food expense.

ETA - And our kids (at the time 12, 14, & 16) loved the resort. Fortunately they're at the age when theming is not as big as it was when they were younger.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #1693
VickiVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
The closest Publix is this one: 2925 International Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34746
It takes about 15 minutes to get there.

The Super Wal-Mart I go to is this one: 3250 Vineland Road, Kissimmee, FL
It also take about 15 minutes.

Publix is certainly faster to get in and out of and nicer, but of course, Walmart has a ton of stuff and is a bit cheaper.

I you never have shopped at Publix, I suggest looking at iheartpublix.com to see what's on sale before you go.
I found the Publix to be expensive. Of course, I could only compare it to grocery prices in San Antonio, but I was still sticker-shocked on a lot of items. We were budgeting our trip in 2010 and I purchased approx $200 worth of groceries that included everything from breakfast foods to shrimp and pasta. We drove, so we packed the car with a lot of snacks from Costco, so I can't really say we bought a lot of convenience and snacking food. Mostly items for sandwiches, some basic dinners, like hamburgers and tacos. I think next time I will try Wal-Mart, even though I don't even like to shop our own Wal-Mart.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #1694
VickiVM

Has anyone vacation Christmas week @ WBC? Were you able to get entry into the parks on Christmas Day (or Christmas Eve Day)?

Were the pools heated enough to swim during winter?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #1695
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiVM View Post
We were Riverside lovers (family of 5) and stayed several times, but stayed at BC August of 2010 and would never even consider going back to Disney resorts unless they matched pricing for the space (never gonna happen). You will LOVE all the room!! For our family of 5 for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom @ BC, our TOTAL cost of our vacation - including passes for 5, fuel and hotel stays while driving from San Antonio to Orlando and back - was $2200! We bought groceries and cooked several meals which drastically reduced our food expense.

ETA - And our kids (at the time 12, 14, & 16) loved the resort. Fortunately they're at the age when theming is not as big as it was when they were younger.
I'm so glad to hear this. I am really excited about it. The resort looks perfect! My kids are excited too and DH is thrilled. He is so over being crowded in a small room so this will be great for him too! I still cant believe the price of it. It's so much cheaper than even a value.

Still kind of nervous that they had all but two days in the middle of our trip, which means unless something opens up we will have to move for two nights. Total bummer, but I am trying to stay positive. I am not sure what to do yet. I think I will wait until the last minute to book anything Disney in hopes that something opens up. I think I am also going to look into the new Hotel at BC because that would be an easier move for us. It's just the added expense that's killing me. It's hard to beat the rate I got.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything works out.