Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #1636
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
blessedby3, the units provide laundry/dishwashing detergent, paper towels and toilet paper. We don't drink coffee, so I can't swear to the coffee filters, although I'm quite certain I remember that there were a few there. There was dishwasher detergent for two loads and enough laundry detergent for a few loads. The only thing we had to ask for was more toilet paper, and they brought that for us when we asked for it. That was the only thing we had to request, and that was gratis.
Thanks
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #1637
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

I'm not trying to contradict anybody - and I have NOT stayed at WBC yet...

However, I remember reading here that there may be a charge for replacing some of these items such as laundry/dishwasher soap. At one time I believe there was free replacement, but that has changed recently.

I hope someone in the know will come along and clarify for us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1638
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!
First time poster but thank you all so much for the info provided here.

My question is.....we have 4 nights booked Apr 17th - Apr 21st 2012 but have
found out that we can actually get there a few days earlier on the 14th so we can make a whole week of it.
The issue is how do I get 3 more nights.
The folks we are using "listed on here numerous times" have been great and
state that they believe something will open up the end of March first
of April and they will be able to add the additional days but no guarantees of
course.

So.....wait to see if this happens or make other arrangements for the first 3 days?

Anyone else had this experience? Did you wait it out or where did you book
the first 3 days?

Thanks all!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1639
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

Gretchenohar, you're probably right. There was a note on the counter next to the little pile of coffee packs, the wee little salt & pepper shakers, etc, stating something about they hoped we enjoyed the freebies (my term, not theirs), and that they would be happy to replace them for a nominal fee, or something like that. They didn't specify which items they were talking about, and I honestly didn't pay much attention to it. We didn't run out of anything that needed replacing, except for toilet paper which is apparently free. So there may very well be a fee for the other items. Hopefully someone who has run into this issue can respond with more concrete information. I didn't mean to imply that I knew there was no fee for replacing the various items - only that I didn't run into it head on.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #1640
61maris61
Mouseketeer

Groceries Question

Haven't read through all the pages (who has that kind of time!), but I did a search for grocery, and for Publix without the desired responses. I know there is a Walmart somewhat nearby BC, but are there any other grocery stores?

We'll be there in August - right now it looks like we'll (4 adults, 3 yr old) use a van from the airport that offers a grocery stop along the way. Just wondering if there is another option besides Walmart.

All responses will be appreciated.

PS: Yes, I read about the deliveries available - I just like seeing different stores; Walmart is something I can see at home anytime.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #1641
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61maris61 View Post
Haven't read through all the pages (who has that kind of time!), but I did a search for grocery, and for Publix without the desired responses. I know there is a Walmart somewhat nearby BC, but are there any other grocery stores?
I would call Happy Limo. They gave me the number for a Publix that will
actually get your groceries ready for you beforehand if you fax them a list.
Stop and pick it up. Don't have the # with me....sorry.
May want to check their rates as well about transportation.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #1642
iamadisneynut
Mouseketeer

Shuttle to Parks?

Has anyone ever relied solely on the shuttles to the parks and not had their own car? Is the transportation good? I'm considering a trip down this summer with my kids and was going to stay onsite at WDW, but Bonnet Creek looks so lovely and the price is better!

But, I won't have a car....

Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #1643
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
I'm glad you got stuck for only 45 minutes. On my one and only "Owners' Update" in September 2009, they kept me for 2 hours until I finally said "Enough, I'm here on a vacation not to sit in here." They then ran me through the wringer with 2 other sales weasels for another half hour.
As far as doing it without your husband, they will not allow that.
That is too bad that they kept you for so long. Next time let them know right away that you know they can only keep you for the 45 minutes, that is what they are advertising. You might also mention that if you ever purchase again it will be on eBay. eBay seems to be a four letter word over there, they don't want anyone to know about how cheap it is to get timeshares on there. When we go, they usually just leaves to ourselves and we read magazines. We enjoy the first part of it bc we want to learn about new plans for the resort, but after that it gets boring. Many of the perks do not apply to us if we were to purchase from them, we can't go spur of the moment, we live in Canada! We are both teachers and so we can only go during peak times, and finally we use the old eBay line. They usually just hustle us through fast when they realize that they can't make a sale. We have also agreed, but have never had to use it yet, that if they were jerks to us we would simply tell them that if they kept it up we would tell everyone thatwe met at the resort, in the pool, hallway, lobby etc to check eBay prices and to rescind the sale. Again we haven't had to use that threat yet, but would if needed. Good luck to you on your next vacation and tour!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #1644
imtheluckyone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Gal View Post
That is too bad that they kept you for so long. Next time let them know right away that you know they can only keep you for the 45 minutes, that is what they are advertising. You might also mention that if you ever purchase again it will be on eBay. eBay seems to be a four letter word over there, they don't want anyone to know about how cheap it is to get timeshares on there. When we go, they usually just leaves to ourselves and we read magazines. We enjoy the first part of it bc we want to learn about new plans for the resort, but after that it gets boring. Many of the perks do not apply to us if we were to purchase from them, we can't go spur of the moment, we live in Canada! We are both teachers and so we can only go during peak times, and finally we use the old eBay line. They usually just hustle us through fast when they realize that they can't make a sale. We have also agreed, but have never had to use it yet, that if they were jerks to us we would simply tell them that if they kept it up we would tell everyone thatwe met at the resort, in the pool, hallway, lobby etc to check eBay prices and to rescind the sale. Again we haven't had to use that threat yet, but would if needed. Good luck to you on your next vacation and tour!
So true. I was at a Wyndham in PA and they talked me into attending an owner update. Once I told the rep what I paid for my points and that I bought on ebay he couldn't get me out of there fast enough. I think he was afraid all the other couples sitting nearby might hear what I was saying. Better to get rid of me than kill a whole room of potential sales.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #1645
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I'm not trying to contradict anybody - and I have NOT stayed at WBC yet...

However, I remember reading here that there may be a charge for replacing some of these items such as laundry/dishwasher soap. At one time I believe there was free replacement, but that has changed recently.

I hope someone in the know will come along and clarify for us.
Unless this is a new policy, last spring (2/11) we were not charged for any extras. We asked twice for extra laundry soap and we were given several bags each time at no charge.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #1646
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Does anyone have a map of the smoking areas at Bonnet Creek? I did a search and I'm still pretty unclear on the policy/areas other than 100% no smoking in the rooms. Which I'm all for.

Both DH and I quit cigarettes 10+ years ago. He still likes to enjoy a cigar now and then, especially on vacation. I think you can still smoke on balconies(?) but he's not really even comfortable with that (unless we were on the top floor). We are both very conscious of it bothering other people and getting into their rooms.

I hope there is a nice little out of the way spot where we can sit and chat while he has a cigar (and I have a glass of wine. ). Otherwise I'll just let him bring only the ones that smell like chocolate to smoke on the balcony.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #1647
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheluckyone View Post
So true. I was at a Wyndham in PA and they talked me into attending an owner update. Once I told the rep what I paid for my points and that I bought on ebay he couldn't get me out of there fast enough. I think he was afraid all the other couples sitting nearby might hear what I was saying. Better to get rid of me than kill a whole room of potential sales.
Well, I'm in the same situation and still got held. At the Owner's Update, the saleweasel said to me, "You only have 49,000 points, and you paid $9,000." I said nope, I paid $100 on ebay. They still wouldn't let me go until I put my foot down.
Then, when I had to go to a presentation due to my discounted stay at the Grand, when I told the salesweasel I had paid $100, she said, "Then I guess you won't be buying from me."
However, after room tour, she tried to sell me 65,000 points for $11,000!!! But they kept me for "only" 80 minutes instead of the 90 the offer said.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #1648
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Wow so far we have never had a problem (touch wood). Daytona it was the same, we chatted to the salesman about Canada since he was going there in a couple of days. We received $150 that time, then the next day we did the Bonnet Creek tour, even after we told them that we were just at an owner update the day before. Oh well, we always says eBay and they leave us alone.. That and we tell them that we are leaving at 45 minutes with our gift as promised.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #1649
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Well, I'm in the same situation and still got held. At the Owner's Update, the saleweasel said to me, "You only have 49,000 points, and you paid $9,000." I said nope, I paid $100 on ebay. They still wouldn't let me go until I put my foot down.
Then, when I had to go to a presentation due to my discounted stay at the Grand, when I told the salesweasel I had paid $100, she said, "Then I guess you won't be buying from me."
However, after room tour, she tried to sell me 65,000 points for $11,000!!! But they kept me for "only" 80 minutes instead of the 90 the offer said.
When we were at the WI Dells at a Wyhndam sales pitch, they tried to sell us 300,000 points for ONLY $65K!!!! You only have to put down $17k and then make $1325 payments/mo!! I just laughted at him! How does it work buying the points on Ebay??? Do you buy the actual timeshare deal or is just the points for a trip?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #1650
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzmom_of_twins View Post
When we were at the WI Dells at a Wyhndam sales pitch, they tried to sell us 300,000 points for ONLY $65K!!!! You only have to put down $17k and then make $1325 payments/mo!! I just laughted at him! How does it work buying the points on Ebay??? Do you buy the actual timeshare deal or is just the points for a trip?
There are people on ebay who have vacations listed. You can't "rent" points anymore; Wyndham stopped allowing the transfer of points from owner to owner.
And then there are people selling their timeshare ownership. Just to give you an idea of what's going on, I have seen many Star Island auctions--but not the Wyndham part, the section privately owned that uses weeks. Anyway, they have been offered for $1, many with the seller paying all costs.

Closed Thread