Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #1606
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Belle5;44116845]If you arrive in Orlando the day before you can check into WBC, where do you stay for the night? Trying to decide where we need to stay...have to get three rooms.[/QUOTE

I would try Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites, you could probably get away with 2 rooms there or maybe 1 room if it's just for 1 night. Embassy Suites has two double, a pull out couch and free hot breakfast...I think Homewood Suites has the same.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #1607
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Tracey123;44124524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
If you arrive in Orlando the day before you can check into WBC, where do you stay for the night? Trying to decide where we need to stay...have to get three rooms.[/QUOTE

I would try Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites, you could probably get away with 2 rooms there or maybe 1 room if it's just for 1 night. Embassy Suites has two double, a pull out couch and free hot breakfast...I think Homewood Suites has the same.
We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites in Lake Bueana Vista (pink one) It is very nice. Seriously, I have stayed there at least 15 times. They do have a nice pool area too, which we love.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #1608
HookedOnDiz
Mouseketeer

Question.... Are there two double beds in one of the bedrooms in a 2 bedroom presidential unit?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #1609
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnDiz View Post
Question.... Are there two double beds in one of the bedrooms in a 2 bedroom presidential unit?
yes. One King bed in the master, and 2 doubles/fulls in the 2nd.

the 3 bedroom adds another king bed room

and the 4bdrm 2 King bed rooms, and 2 2-full bed rooms.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #1610
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
We were able to complete the paperwork part of the check-in process very early on our arrival day, with the knowledge that the room would not be available until later. We gave the front desk person the necessary info and were referred to other desk to get our parking pass. Bell services offered to store our luggage, but we opted to keep it in our rental car. The front desk was able to tell me what tower and floor we were on, and I'm sure the room number was assigned, but of course he wasn't going to give us that information yet. They took my cell phone number and called when the room was ready. We just stopped at the front desk when we returned from the parks and picked up our room keys. We were offered full use of the resort's amenities, but we were planning to go to a park. I'm sure you could use the pools, but you just wouldn't be able to get into any of the towers and would have to use the rest rooms to change.
Thank you, jaysmom - that's good to know.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #1611
chuchujew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
I am hoping to reserve a 2 or 3 bedroom for the end of July. I have a couple questions...first, we would liketo go for 9-10 days...will this be possible? Or is it more likely to get a 7 day rental? ALso, I have seen some great deals on Ebay when owners sell their week....does this ever happen for July weeks? OR just the less crowded months? Am I foolish to wait until 60 days out expecting to be able to still get a unit?
My trip is in june for 8 nights. I didn't know about the 7days rental peroid until I booked my air ticket. I have to book for a week plus 1extra day . Just got confirm about my booking, total is around 1600.00. the 1st 7days only cost $1200 which average to $170 per nights, the 8 day is killing me...it is an additional $355.00. btw, i booked a 3bdroom unit.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #1612
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchujew View Post
My trip is in june for 8 nights. I didn't know about the 7days rental peroid until I booked my air ticket. I have to book for a week plus 1extra day . Just got confirm about my booking, total is around 1600.00. the 1st 7days only cost $1200 which average to $170 per nights, the 8 day is killing me...it is an additional $355.00. btw, i booked a 3bdroom unit.
Who did you book through? I was able to book 9 nights and didn't have to pay anymore for the extra 2 nights than I did for the first 7.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #1613
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemitchcowski View Post
Who did you book through? I was able to book 9 nights and didn't have to pay anymore for the extra 2 nights than I did for the first 7.
Ok , so my question is...Who did YOU book through?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #1614
geenerbell
Am I caught up with Robo yet?

Does anyone know what the current gifts are with the timeshare tour?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #1615
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

I would love to know more about using the buses to get to the resorts for Rope Drop. I was told that the buses start running at 8 am. If we catch the first bus, will we be able to make RD at MK?

Also, does anyone have experience with using a cab to get to the TTC? We have early morning ADR's and will need to be at MK one day by 8:00am.

Any advice or insight is appreciated!!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #1616
minnieandfamily
Mouseketeer

Hi, I have another question...has anyone ever shipped anything to the resort ahead of time? Thanks!

Many childhood trips * FWL - December 2000 * Lighthouse Key - March 2007 * Off site house rental - March 2008 * AKL & BLT - March 2010 * BLT - Oct 2010 * WBC - April 2012 * Planning a spring 2015 trip
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #1617
imtheluckyone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandfamily View Post
Hi, I have another question...has anyone ever shipped anything to the resort ahead of time? Thanks!
I have not done this but I called to resort to ask if it was ok. They said it was fine to ship to them as long as you clearly label with your name (as a guest) and arrival date.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1618
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geenerbell View Post
Does anyone know what the current gifts are with the timeshare tour?
I would like to know this as well!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #1619
under da UP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnDiz View Post
I think the refurbishment has replaced any rooms w/ two queen beds with two double beds. That's for both presidential and deluxe. Leaves more walking room I guess... and it's cheaper/easier for housekeeping to replace bedding.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1620
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

The gifts that they give is usually $100, but if you are not an owner, that is 2 hours that you have wasted of your precious vacation time. For owners it is 45 minutes, that is all they an keep you according to Florida state law. They also usually have discounted tickets, but we always go for the cash. I am not sure if this time I will good not, since we are owners it is only 45 min. I might do this whenmy DH is playing golf one morning. We'll just have to see!
Closed Thread