Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #1591
Belle5
DIS Veteran

If you arrive in Orlando the day before you can check into WBC, where do you stay for the night? Trying to decide where we need to stay...have to get three rooms.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #1592
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Are we allowed visitors? My brother, SIL and nephew will be staying insure as part of a conference and we were thinking of having them come for dinner one night.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #1593
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you Portugal1000 and DCTooTall.
The most important thing is to be able to leave the luggage.
Gretchen
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1594
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Are we allowed visitors? My brother, SIL and nephew will be staying insure as part of a conference and we were thinking of having them come for dinner one night.
I've never had any problems having local friends visit me. All you'd need to do is make sure they know which tower you are located in and you can meet them downstairs when they park to get them into the building and walk them to your room.

The biggest issue would be getting thru the front gate, but If they know your name and which tower (and maybe even room to be n the safe side) you are in they shouldn't have much of an issue getting past the gate security....assuming they are even questioned about it. (depending upon the time, i've found that they sometimes leave the gates open during heavy traffic times)
Old 02-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #1595
Minniedap
Mouseketeer

Our family (5 adults and 3 children) will be staying at WBC for the first time in June and are very excited about it! My oldest granddaughter (12) hates elevators. We will be requesting a lower floor, hopefully no higher than the 3rd floor. Does anyone have a suggestion for a lower location. Sounds like most people want the higher floors so this should be an easy request.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #1596
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniedap View Post
Our family (5 adults and 3 children) will be staying at WBC for the first time in June and are very excited about it! My oldest granddaughter (12) hates elevators. We will be requesting a lower floor, hopefully no higher than the 3rd floor. Does anyone have a suggestion for a lower location. Sounds like most people want the higher floors so this should be an easy request.
We hate lifts and being high up also so always request main buidling as no matter where you are you aren't going to be up high and can take the stairs. Last time we were there we had room 303 in main building which had a perfect view of fireworks. Will be requesting again in August but actually don't mind swimming pool view either. Most people seem to want to be high which I will never understand.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #1597
Minniedap
Mouseketeer

Thank you Portugal100. Everyone here keeps speaking of the towers. I did not know there were any buildings with limited floors. I will also request the main building. I don't really care what the view is. We are usually at the parks until late.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #1598
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniedap View Post
Thank you Portugal100. Everyone here keeps speaking of the towers. I did not know there were any buildings with limited floors. I will also request the main building. I don't really care what the view is. We are usually at the parks until late.
We also like main building as it has a hotel feel. You can pop down to lobby and go to the shop. The game rental place is also there and you can grab a coffee. Plus we like the main pool. Never have a problem parking in front of mail building.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #1599
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemitchcowski View Post
Also, we will be checking in after 9pm on a Friday....is that a "bad" time to check in.....in regards to getting a room with a nice view (doesn't have to be fireworks) we just have 2 young kids so I don't want an area that will be really loud at night.
I've checked in around the same time and gotten a great room. Unlike checking in at 4 p.m., there will probably be no one else in line and the "parking pass" people may be gone.

Friday is a lighter check-in day than Saturday and Sunday as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #1600
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
I've checked in around the same time and gotten a great room. Unlike checking in at 4 p.m., there will probably be no one else in line and the "parking pass" people may be gone.

Friday is a lighter check-in day than Saturday and Sunday as well.
Thank you!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #1601
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Originally Posted by Beemitchcowski
Also, we will be checking in after 9pm on a Friday....is that a "bad" time to check in.....in regards to getting a room with a nice view (doesn't have to be fireworks) we just have 2 young kids so I don't want an area that will be really loud at night.

I checked in at 7:00 pm last Friday and never requested a room because I really didn't care as I was only going to be there for 3 nights.

Our 2 bedroom was in Tower 3 with a lake view and it ended up being a fireworks view from Epcot as well.

You can always two weeks in advance and put in your requests about noise. And just check again to see what is available when you arrive.

Thank you!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #1602
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

We were able to complete the paperwork part of the check-in process very early on our arrival day, with the knowledge that the room would not be available until later. We gave the front desk person the necessary info and were referred to other desk to get our parking pass. Bell services offered to store our luggage, but we opted to keep it in our rental car. The front desk was able to tell me what tower and floor we were on, and I'm sure the room number was assigned, but of course he wasn't going to give us that information yet. They took my cell phone number and called when the room was ready. We just stopped at the front desk when we returned from the parks and picked up our room keys. We were offered full use of the resort's amenities, but we were planning to go to a park. I'm sure you could use the pools, but you just wouldn't be able to get into any of the towers and would have to use the rest rooms to change.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #1603
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
Cockroaches and many, many other bugs are all over Florida, and they don't care if it's the Wyndham, Waldorf or Wilderness Lodge, they'll show up anywhere.

Is it a problem? No, but if you want a guarantee you won't see one, then you'll just have to decide if visiting Disney is worth the risk!
cockroaches are the state bird..well they dont fly ..i dont think..but for sure the state bug..just dont feed them..and ignore them
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #1604
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzmom_of_twins View Post
Another question... are all the towers outdated or are some updated??? Should I *try* requesting a certain tower?
I think they are upgrading all the rooms. We stayed in main building December 2010 and the room had new granite work tops, new sofa, flat screen tv's and had generally been spruced up. Assume main building is the oldest building so maybe they are doing them up according to age.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #1605
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

I am hoping to reserve a 2 or 3 bedroom for the end of July. I have a couple questions...first, we would liketo go for 9-10 days...will this be possible? Or is it more likely to get a 7 day rental? ALso, I have seen some great deals on Ebay when owners sell their week....does this ever happen for July weeks? OR just the less crowded months? Am I foolish to wait until 60 days out expecting to be able to still get a unit?
Closed Thread