Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #1546
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
Thanks for posting your experiences with us, jaysmom! Are you going to do a trip report? I'd love to read it and see your pics. We are going to be doing the same as you guys... at the parks all day, and not using the resort to its potential. It does seem strange they don't give you an information package, but maybe that's to cut down on extra costs, as they know a lot of people are heading to the parks. It would be nice to be offered something, you're right, it would be very helpful.
They used to give some information like the fold-out activities guide that shows all the various activities held at the resort during the week. It also listed some other information on the activities center and I believe the resort amenities.

In general, they no longer hand that information out. The activities lists are now usually posted in the building bulletin boards, and at the resort bars and information desks. I believe it can also be accessed via the in-room display monitors in Tower 6, as well as online thru the resort's website.

As for why it's no longer provided at checkin, the primary reason is simply cost. it's expensive to have those folding guides printed, and for the owners who's maintenance fee's pay for the resort's budget, it's not a very efficient use of the budget $. I also know that since my first trip at the resort only a few years ago, There have been a lot of other small changes such as check-out procedures, pool operating hours, and the towel sign-out. I'm betting most of these changes have in part been driven by the growing popularity of the resort as a rental location by people not familiar with traditional timeshare resorts, and who don't have an ownership interest in the resort. Those little things like "washing the room towels and running the dishwasher before you leave" can cause a lot of confusion for someone familiar with a traditional hotel stay, but at one time was part of the checkout procedure at the resort. It's a little thing, but to have someone at the resort do that instead is gonna cost some $$.... so that $$ to pay for the resort to do it has to come from someplace. And since the primary income for the resort itself is from fees charged to the owners, you either need to find the room within the budget for it, or increase the fees charged to those owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzmom_of_twins View Post
Are they on the balcony? That would be awesome! My DH can do all the cooking We are renting a 2bdrm May 5-9 before going on a DC. Cant wait!!! Oh 1 more question... if we were to sit thru the time share deal... what kind of free things do they offer. I LOVE FREE! I know those things can be a pain, but we rented from a timeshare owner in the WI Dells in Jan, and the "talk" was only 2 hrs, and we got $50 AMX GC, $50 to a rest. out there and 100 tokens for the kids. If they give free Disney ticket(s) I am so there!
Last couple times I've been for my owner's updates I've been offered a $100AMEX card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvingDude View Post
Does WBC ever assign a room number to your reservation prior to check-in?
WBC doesn't even get your reservation into their system until around 2weeks prior to checkin. (Prior to that it's in the larger Wyndham Vacation Ownership system). As a matter of practicality, rooms would get assigned sometime during that 2 week period just to make the checkin process smoother since it wouldn't require the front desk locate a room at check-in time for each guest. However..... Nothing is set into stone and those assignments could be subject to change due to any number of circumstances.

The only people who generally would be able to know what room they are getting prior to checkin would be VIP owners (not those renting from a VIP owner since benefits don't transfer), and potentially renters of certain Presidential units which may be requested directly at the time the reservation is made.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #1547
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if they've been able to valet park at WBC? I asked months ago when I booked and was told there was no valet parking. I just read on another thread that someone in bldg 6 was able to valet park. With three young kids, I'd so much prefer to valet. I was going to request bldg 5 but if bldg 6 is the only one with valet, then I'll request bldg 6 instead. We've booked a 3bdrm deluxe. I would have happily gone with a presidential and was actually leaning that way but was told the only difference between the two was decor (and lack of sofa bed in the delxue) While the sofabed is nice, I'm starting to really wish we booked a presidential especially if it means we would have been able to valet. I'm also concerned about the wifi. DH eats, lives and breaths his BB and the only way I can use my Iphone without international charges is with wifi ... from what I hear, bldg 6 has wifi... is it all rooms or just presidential.... becoming less and less impressed with this booking...
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #1548
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
Can anyone tell me if they've been able to valet park at WBC? I asked months ago when I booked and was told there was no valet parking. I just read on another thread that someone in bldg 6 was able to valet park. With three young kids, I'd so much prefer to valet. I was going to request bldg 5 but if bldg 6 is the only one with valet, then I'll request bldg 6 instead. We've booked a 3bdrm deluxe. I would have happily gone with a presidential and was actually leaning that way but was told the only difference between the two was decor (and lack of sofa bed in the delxue) While the sofabed is nice, I'm starting to really wish we booked a presidential especially if it means we would have been able to valet. I'm also concerned about the wifi. DH eats, lives and breaths his BB and the only way I can use my Iphone without international charges is with wifi ... from what I hear, bldg 6 has wifi... is it all rooms or just presidential.... becoming less and less impressed with this booking...
The Wyndham Bonnett Creek timeshare resort does not have Valet. HOWEVER... The Wyndham Grand hotel which is located (and connected to) Tower 6 and shares the parking garage does have Valet parking. I don't know about costs however.

Tower 6 is the only one with building-wide Wifi, however several of the pool bars and the main lobby building also have Wifi available. Even without a Wifi enabled building, you can still get a cheap wireless hub and connect it to the wired connection in the room to get wireless access within the room.

There are also non-presidential units in the lower floors of Building 6. Even if you don't get a presidential unit, you might be able to make a room request to be in Tower 6.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1549
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

When we were there last June there was free valet parking at Tower 6.

Maybe it's gone now?

However, the parking garage is very conveniet to Tower 6.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #1550
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

Regarding the wifi - we were in Tower 5, which has full wifi only in the common areas. But while I was sitting out on our balcony, I was able to get a wifi connection for my Kindle Fire. That may be a spotty sort of thing depending on where you are, but for what it's worth, you may still get a wifi signal even if you aren't in Tower 6.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #1551
teacher31
DIS Veteran

I heard back from Vacation Strategy and am about to book. Does anyone know these answers?

1. At one time I thought people staying at WBC had to strip the beds, possibly wash the sheets. Is this still done?
2. Maybe it would just be easier if someone were to tell me my responsibilities before I check out. Did I miss that in the previous pages?
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #1552
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
I heard back from Vacation Strategy and am about to book. Does anyone know these answers?

1. At one time I thought people staying at WBC had to strip the beds, possibly wash the sheets. Is this still done?
2. Maybe it would just be easier if someone were to tell me my responsibilities before I check out. Did I miss that in the previous pages?
We had to remove all trash and they asked that towels be placed in the bathtub and run the dishwasher. That's it.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #1553
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

We didn't do anything when we left. There was no note telling us to clean anything.

WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #1554
under da UP
Earning My Ears

I am sitting in a 3br deluxe in tower 6. There is valet for the hotel and the hotel is connected to tower 6 via long hallway. The only building with 3 br pres is 6 but there are deluxes in here too. Probably not very many and would require a kind request 2 weeks from check in and checking in rather early...even though the unit probably wont be ready. Right now, for president's week, it is completely booked from what they told us. Maybe it is less of a problem getting in the tower you want for non-prime weeks. The fact that we/owners snagged this unit is a small miracle involving a loooong phone conversation with a manager. Our first unit still had wet carpet and we were told the only other options were ground or 2nd floor (no view = wasnt going to happen). This was the first time we ever had problems with wyndham check-in and totally being shafted by what looked like a trainee and her supe.

Anyway, there are always valet spots available as we drive up the parking garage ramp so i doubt they would turn away your money if you wanted to use the hotel valet for tower 6. All the facilities in the hotel are available to the timeshare people. We asked a security guy in the hotel and btw the hours of 8am and 11pm our key cards will work for their amenities.

Wifi is all over building 6 but wifi in the hotel needs a guest password. It's probably something simple like wyndhamgrand but i never asked.

All rooms have ethernet cables so bring a wireless router to make your own personal hotspot outside of building 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #1555
Little Mermaid
Earning My Ears

We were thinking of staying at Bonnet Creek this summer, while looking for deals we found a site called "buy***************." Does anyone have any experience with renting a timeshare through this site? We're wondering if it's a trustworthy site.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #1556
shoogrrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by under da UP View Post
I am sitting in a 3br deluxe in tower 6. There is valet for the hotel and the hotel is connected to tower 6 via long hallway. The only building with 3 br pres is 6 but there are deluxes in here too. Probably not very many and would require a kind request 2 weeks from check in and checking in rather early...even though the unit probably wont be ready. Right now, for president's week, it is completely booked from what they told us. Maybe it is less of a problem getting in the tower you want for non-prime weeks. The fact that we/owners snagged this unit is a small miracle involving a loooong phone conversation with a manager. Our first unit still had wet carpet and we were told the only other options were ground or 2nd floor (no view = wasnt going to happen). This was the first time we ever had problems with wyndham check-in and totally being shafted by what looked like a trainee and her supe.
We are currently here and that's essentially the same story they told us. Unfortunately, we are NOT owners so we got the 2nd floor "view." Total disappointment, to say the least.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #1557
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
lzmom_of_twins, no, the grills aren't on the balconies. That would be cool, but I'm thinking it would be a fire hazard. There are grilling areas set up outside the towers - two large gas grills on each end of a patio of sorts with picnic tables. I can't speak to what the free offer is for sitting through the time share presentation, since we declined that. Hopefully someone who did attend can tell you what it is.
That makes sense. Thanks for answering my questions
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #1558
under da UP
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogrrl View Post
We are currently here and that's essentially the same story they told us. Unfortunately, we are NOT owners so we got the 2nd floor "view." Total disappointment, to say the least.
Honestly I don't think they cared if we were owners or not because the supervisor put us in a unit that "wasn't ready." We just thought the housekeeping was backed up being a busy week and all. Nope, walk into our first unit with a beautiful view of the golf course and I could smell some sort of chemical in the air.... It took a minute before one of us slipped on the tile to realize the carpet was soaked. I think it was more of a safety hazard that got us moved to tower 6, they didnt want to get sued if someone slipped and broke something.

Personally i'd rather just rent from an owner at WBC, arrive without expectations and just roll with it. It's cheaper that way plus no timeshare junk. This place is definitely a hybrid between hotel and timeshare with how they run things.

Beautiful grounds and units. Check-in staff not so much.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #1559
Motsy
Earning My Ears

We just got back this past Friday from BC and had a great trip. I was disappointed that we didn't get a fireworks view, but it wasn't a huge deal because we still got a great view. We were in Tower 2 overlooking the miniature golf course and pool on the 3rd floor. The irritating part about not getting the fireworks view is we called multiple times about it and asked at check-in, and each time it was like no one knew we had even asked for it even though it was supposed to be in the system that we requested it. It ended up working out because we really enjoyed our view and wouldn't have changed if we could.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #1560
LMO429
DIS Veteran

What is the difference between Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the Wyndham Grand Orlando at Bonnet Creek. If you have an RCI timeshare exchange are you able to stay at the Grand?

Or is the Grand a special tower you request? Sorry for the confusion never stayed at Bonnet Creek before.

Closed Thread