Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #1516
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Thanks Grace, I would have never found that.

Does anyone have a picture or link to the menu of the pool side bar/grill? I noticed there was a blurb about it in the information, but no menu.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide this!
I don't know if anyone has found a link or taken a picture of it since I was down there. I do remember that it was pretty standard burger/wrap/sandwich kind of bar food. the most interesting thing I remember on the menu was the Krispy Kreme Burger.

Sorry I don't have any more info, but I was kinda pre-occupied with getting my drinks when I stopped by that bar.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #1517
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

I took a picture of half the Escudos bar menu when I was there. Here it is:

Sorry that's all I have!

Edited: oops, I think you mean the pool bar at the new hotel, which I don't have!
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013

Last edited by GraceLuvsWDW; 02-17-2012 at 11:15 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1518
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
I took a picture of half the Escudos bar menu when I was there. Here it is:

Sorry that's all I have!

Edited: oops, I think you mean the pool bar at the new hotel, which I don't have!
I did mean the other bar, but that's super helpful too! We're staying at WBC for two weeks so I'm sure we'll use that bar too.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #1519
suerob
Mouseketeer

Could someone tell me where the bbq/grilling areas are at the resort? Would like to be close to one that has a nice table to sit at and a view of the lake.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #1520
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in October (Me, my mom, DD10 and DS7) I'm thinking it will work out well as the shuttles will be there in case my mom wants to go to the parks to meet up with my brother's family and my kids want to sleep in, which happened a couple of times on our last extended family trip, and it will be so much more cost effective for our 2 week trip.

I've made it a little over halfway through this thread and will keep reading I'm done , but I have one question. I've seen pictures of a view with the Tower of Terror, and we were wondering what we should request to try and have a view of it.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #1521
minnieandfamily
Mouseketeer

Hello!
I just booked 7 nights at WBC in April. This will be our first time too. I am a little confused about the construction and renovations. I called Wyndham directly today and the woman I spoke with said that construction of the 7th building was complete - but from this thread it looks like there are only 6 towers?! Was she referring to the hotel?

Also, she said that they had renovated the rooms in their oldest buildings, Towers 1 & 2. Just wondering how these renovated units compare to the "newer" towers. The same? Better?

I am trying to figure out what Tower to request...I would like to stay in either "new" or "recently renovated." We have young kids so being close to one of the kiddie pools would probably be important too.

Thanks!!

Many childhood trips * FWL - December 2000 * Lighthouse Key - March 2007 * Off site house rental - March 2008 * AKL & BLT - March 2010 * BLT - Oct 2010 * WBC - April 2012 * Planning a spring 2015 trip
Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #1522
KWithers
Mouseketeer

Suerob- Tower 2 has a nice BBQ area with grill, table, a lake view and it's right in front of the pools. We stayed in tower 3 and it was still close.
Minnieandfamily- the kiddie pools are outside tower 2 and the main building (close to tower 1).
We go again in April and will most likely request tower 2 or 3. I liked tower 3 because you're right in the middle of the shuttle pickups (at tower 1 and tower 6). That way if you're late for one bus, you have time to make the second one.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #1523
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in October (Me, my mom, DD10 and DS7) I'm thinking it will work out well as the shuttles will be there in case my mom wants to go to the parks to meet up with my brother's family and my kids want to sleep in, which happened a couple of times on our last extended family trip, and it will be so much more cost effective for our 2 week trip.

I've made it a little over halfway through this thread and will keep reading I'm done , but I have one question. I've seen pictures of a view with the Tower of Terror, and we were wondering what we should request to try and have a view of it.

Thanks!
Check here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post44059039

Post # 62 has the Tower, floor, etc & shows a nice view of TOT - among other things...
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #1524
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
the most interesting thing I remember on the menu was the Krispy Kreme Burger.
That's what I want to see!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #1525
SigEpMike13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Your "big 3" delivery... Papa Johns, Dominoes, and Pizza Hut. I also recall at least 1 or 2 other popular local places being listed. Off-site Pizza however can only deliver to the building itself and not your room, so you need to meet them outside the building lobby.

There is also the onsite pizza delivery from the restaurant/pool bar by Tower 3. They will actually deliver to your room.

Because of the number of Pizza Delivery scams in the Tourist area, the resort limits access to the resort property for pizza delivery to only a few 'approved' businesses. I seem to recall there was a text message on the room phone actually listing the places which were allowed to deliver the last time I stayed there.
A great option for pizza delivery is Giordano's (famous Chicago pizza place).
Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #1526
samples78
Mouseketeer

Question about predidential units

I tried searching for my answers, but could not find the info. My family is looking at renting a 4 bedroom presidential unit and I was wondering what floors these are on? I have gathered they tend to be on high floors, but are there any on lower floors? My grandmother does not like being up high, so I would love to know the lowest floor these are available on. Also, are these available in all of the buildings, or just some of them. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #1527
under da UP
Earning My Ears

Almost there!!!

This plane is going to land in a hot minute or 60 so we'll arrive at WBC shortly there after. I'll try to answer any questions while I'm there... It will distract me from all the disney "stuff". Fantasia is the only disney film i've seen... Yea I know, lame.

So let me know if ya'll want any pictures/video or info of any specific part of the resort. We will be staying in a 3 br deluxe so i'll include any views from the unit in the picture thread.

Boy this plane is hot as all get up. Think they'll let me open a window....yeesh haha. I hope i adjust to the heat faster than this.

So post your questions:-)
Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #1528
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by samples78 View Post
I tried searching for my answers, but could not find the info. My family is looking at renting a 4 bedroom presidential unit and I was wondering what floors these are on? I have gathered they tend to be on high floors, but are there any on lower floors? My grandmother does not like being up high, so I would love to know the lowest floor these are available on. Also, are these available in all of the buildings, or just some of them. Thanks!
As a general rule, usually the 4bedroom Presidentials are going to be on the top 1-3 top floors of the towers. There aren't any on the lower floors.

The bright side here is that the 4bedroom presidentials are located in every building. Because of this, if you are really concerned about overall height, you might want to request some of the older towers since they are significantly shorter than the newer towers. (For instance, I believe tower 1 is about 9 stories, while tower 6 is closer to 18+ ). There may even be a Presidential unit in the main building above the lobby, and that building is only around 3-5 stories tall.

Now if you are renting a unit from someone, there is no guarentee that you'll be able to get one in one of the shorter buildings, but it's something to keep in mind.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #1529
RvingDude
Earning My Ears

Thank You Humaira!

Humaira from Vacation Strategy just called to give me good and bad news on my upcoming 9 night stay at WBC. I asked for the bad first and she said my family would have to switch to a different room after 2 nights from our 2 bedroom deluxe. The good...switching to a 2 bedroom presidential suite for the last 7 nights.

She said the 2 bedroom presidential will be in Tower 6.
Do all the 2 bedroom presidentials in Tower 6 come with a lake/pool view or is it the same as deluxe rooms and you need to request a lake/pool view?
Thanks.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #1530
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first stay here!

I am really excited after finding this thread. We were going to rent a condo about 2 miles off property and then found a good price for a 2 bedroom here. We are also using Vacation Strategy as they seemed to have the best price that I found online.

This will be our first time staying "off" property so I was a little hesitant at first but with APs, it just doesn't make sense to pay a higher price for a Value Resort when we can get 2 bedrooms here with a full kitchen to offset some of the cost of food.

I'm only a few pages into this thread so time to curl up with a blanket on the couch and read, read, read!

Thanks for all the great info!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Closed Thread