Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #106
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, I always love reading about the Main Street Electrical Parade! You know how I feel about it, and you are right, it just brings back a flood of childhood memories!
I can hear the music in my head right now.

Quote:
I will have to let Chelsea read your post later today -- she argued with me yesterday whether Disney had cotton candy or not. Now, let me tell you how that all began. She said, "My favorite things are roller coasters, fireworks, and cotton candy." To which I responded, "Well, then you should love Disney." To which she replied -- they don't have cotton candy. Anyway, long story short, now maybe she will believe me when I say that yes, Disney does have cotton candy.
Go ahead. Use my post to prove a point.

Actually, I'll have to see if I can scrounge up a photo for Chelsea. It's from an MNSSHP, and there's practically every color in the world and World of cotton candy. Green, orange, pink, etc, etc. It looked so good!

Quote:
I am so glad you had that moment with the telephone with your family.
It was a lot of fun.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #107
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I did not know that about purple cotton candy!!.....that is awesome!

I love that phone..... This chapter has made me really uber-nostalgic for the World. And the MK in particular. ::sigh::

Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #108
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Actually, I'll have to see if I can scrounge up a photo for Chelsea. It's from an MNSSHP, and there's practically every color in the world and World of cotton candy. Green, orange, pink, etc, etc. It looked so good!
Yes, please! I love being able to prove to Chelsea that I do, indeed, know what I am talking about from time to time.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #109
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
I did not know that about purple cotton candy!!.....that is awesome!

I love that phone..... This chapter has made me really uber-nostalgic for the World. And the MK in particular. ::sigh::

Truthfully, me too! I'd like to go right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yes, please! I love being able to prove to Chelsea that I do, indeed, know what I am talking about from time to time.
I'll take a look in my old photos and try to find it!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #110
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I was so excited when I heard they were bringing back the MSEP last year, because again, it's one of the few things I remember from my very first Disney trip! So like I said, anything that reminds me of that trip, I love. A simpler time.

I did not know about purple cotton candy!!! It sounds wonderful...I love cotton candy, and purple is my favorite color...now I'm going to stalk the
candy shop this year!

I didn't know about that phone either! What a fun little thing to share with your family!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #111
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

That is a wonderful first day.

I am not a big fan of the MSEP, but I can understand why so many people are nostalgic about it.

I will have to keep and eye out for the purple cotton candy and get it for Boo next year.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #112
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I was so excited when I heard they were bringing back the MSEP last year, because again, it's one of the few things I remember from my very first Disney trip! So like I said, anything that reminds me of that trip, I love. A simpler time.

I did not know about purple cotton candy!!! It sounds wonderful...I love cotton candy, and purple is my favorite color...now I'm going to stalk the
candy shop this year!

I didn't know about that phone either! What a fun little thing to share with your family!
Just pop into the candy shop every time you go to MK, and you'll come across purple eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
That is a wonderful first day.

I am not a big fan of the MSEP, but I can understand why so many people are nostalgic about it.

I will have to keep and eye out for the purple cotton candy and get it for Boo next year.
It was a great first day. And I can't speak highly enough about the purple.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #113
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I loved that update because I feel the exact same way about the MSEP. Tom and I were just talking about this the other day because he knows how deeply excited I am to be able to see that parade again--in 10 DAYS--because of what it meant to me as a child. He only got to go to WDW before me one time as a child, but we went frequently, and that parade was always the highlight of our trips. I think it will always be the quintessential memory I have of my trips with my parents as a child. I have already forewarned him that there will be tears streaming down my face the first time I see it on this trip, but they are all happy ones!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #114
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a lovely chapter. I never connected that you got purple when they are switching over the colors but that makes total sense.

I haven't had cotton candy in such a long time that it sounds really delicious, I might have to indulge in January.

I love that phone, it is such a neat extra little touch. One of the many that Disney has to increase the magic.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #115
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I loved that update because I feel the exact same way about the MSEP. Tom and I were just talking about this the other day because he knows how deeply excited I am to be able to see that parade again--in 10 DAYS--because of what it meant to me as a child. He only got to go to WDW before me one time as a child, but we went frequently, and that parade was always the highlight of our trips. I think it will always be the quintessential memory I have of my trips with my parents as a child. I have already forewarned him that there will be tears streaming down my face the first time I see it on this trip, but they are all happy ones!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Oh, I was crying, too. I didn't write that in, did I? When I saw the parade, I got totally overwhelmed with emotion, not only that I was getting to see it, but that I wasn't see it with Mom. I was grateful and sad all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a lovely chapter. I never connected that you got purple when they are switching over the colors but that makes total sense.

Quote:
I haven't had cotton candy in such a long time that it sounds really delicious, I might have to indulge in January.
Maybe you could find the elusive purple and split a bag with Marc!

Will that bother your stomach?

Quote:
I love that phone, it is such a neat extra little touch. One of the many that Disney has to increase the magic.
One of many neat things I learned on the DIS.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #116
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe you could find the elusive purple and split a bag with Marc!

Will that bother your stomach?
Nope, sugar products don't seem to bother me at all...sometimes I wish they did!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #117
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Lovely chapter as always!

We really enjoyed MSEP in January - it was a nice change from Spectro.

We tried the phone but it wasn't working. I will have to try again. Love all of the tiny hidden details that make WDW so amazing!

What a great first day!!! Lots of fun and memories both new and old!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 07-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #118
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Awe, Miss Kat, what a beautiful update.

I am glad that you got to catch the parade.

I too am a lover of purple cotton candy. One of our movie theaters sells it here and I always get that as my snack when we go. I never did get to try Disney's but I will make sure I will the next time I go.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #119
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
If you find it can you post it here? I would so love to see that picture. Cotton Candy is truely one of my favorite treats.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: