Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #91
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Beautiful, bittersweet chapter, TK!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #92
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Beautiful, bittersweet chapter, TK!
Thank you, hon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #93
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

There are no words to express the feeling I have after reading that last chapter....it was simply beautiful. I loved the part about the unplanned, spontaneous moments that bring SO much joy! We have encountered those as well, and they are the moments that seem to last forever in our memories! I know I will never ride Buzz again without thinking of you and your Mom....thank you once again for sharing so much!!! Much love my dear!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #94
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
There are no words to express the feeling I have after reading that last chapter....it was simply beautiful. I loved the part about the unplanned, spontaneous moments that bring SO much joy! We have encountered those as well, and they are the moments that seem to last forever in our memories! I know I will never ride Buzz again without thinking of you and your Mom....thank you once again for sharing so much!!! Much love my dear!
Thank you for reading. It means a lot to me that I can touch so many people with my words, and you have an eloquent way of expressing what the chapters mean to you. I thank you for that.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #95
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I knew I needed to wait a bit when I saw it was a kleenex alert!! You were right I needed the kleenex!! You do have such a way with words, it's quite powerful!!!

To infinity and beyond...you are absolutely right!!!!

To another great chapter

Thank you!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #96
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Kat, I had the kleenix ready and I needed it. I am just so touched by your beautiful chapter.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #97
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I knew I needed to wait a bit when I saw it was a kleenex alert!! You were right I needed the kleenex!! You do have such a way with words, it's quite powerful!!!

To infinity and beyond...you are absolutely right!!!!

To another great chapter

Thank you!!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Kat, I had the kleenix ready and I needed it. I am just so touched by your beautiful chapter.
Thank you, hon.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #98
TarzansKat

I'm still here, I promise! Lots of that crazy life stuff going on this week, so I haven't had an opportunity to write my next update. I'm hoping to get one up this weekend, because the end of this day of our trip was AWESOME.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #99
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Heightening our anticipation, aren't you, TK?

Well, I can't wait to hear about the end of that day!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #101
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Throwing that little nugget out there to enhance the wait time. Like a Disney queue!

Well, you know, Disney is raising the bar and putting in all sorts of games now into their queues...
Old 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #102
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #103
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Well, you know, Disney is raising the bar and putting in all sorts of games now into their queues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
Subscribing!

I'm just about to post the next chapter!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #104
TarzansKat

"Ladies And Gentleman, Boys And Girls..."

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Now I have to admit. I didn’t necessarily think we’d get to see this parade. It is my absolute favorite from my childhood. I think the only thing I prefer more now is the Boo to You parade at the Halloween party. And that’s probably only because it’s got my favorite pirate swaggering about in it. But if you asked me to pick, truthfully, I’d probably pick the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Something about this particular parade reminds me of being a kid in Disney World. It brings me back to a time when my parents took me, when, in a lot of ways, life was just simpler. When instead of being the caregiver, I was taken care of. And that parade makes me feel that warm, that loved, that nostalgic. And it’s wonderful.

We were heading out of Tomorrowland, toward Main Street and noticed that it was about that time. I didn’t even think we’d be able to see it since we hadn’t lined up in advance and Main Street and the hub were pretty well packed.

As we got to Main Street, it was just starting. MJS found this tiny spot under the ropes where Nemo and I could fit. Squirt was asleep in his stroller, pretty much done for the night. The cast members were directing you to either get under the rope or move it along, folks. MJS hung out with the stroller in the doorway to the candy shop, and Nana, Nemo, and I all fit under the rope. Now, let me tell you a little bit about the kindness of strangers. The woman next to me, instead of being perturbed that we were last minute participants…and let me tell you, I was super aware of not taking anyone else’s space…was so kind, she offered to let Nemo stand in further up with her kids. He was too shy to do it for very long, but it was the nicest gesture, and I so appreciated it. I felt we were being smiled down upon this whole day and this was just another kindness to add to the blessings we’d already received.

I know you’re probably going to be disappointed, but I don’t have any pictures. MJS asked me while I was watching if I wanted to take the camera out and I said no. I didn’t want to watch that parade from behind a lens. I wanted to enjoy it. The sight, the sound, yes, even the people around me.

There have been times when we haven’t seen the parade due to weather, and times that I can remember when we caught it on the fly, just like we did that night. One of those was the first time we took my FIL, which was a huge deal since he and MJS didn’t have the best relationship at one point.

I thought of all those times, and I thought of watching it with my Mom, of course. I thought about her a lot this day, this trip…I think about her now while I’m writing it.

We didn’t watch the whole thing as Nemo got a little antsy toward the end and really wanted to get moving. Nana had promised him she’d get him a bag of cotton candy. At the time, we didn’t realize they were a snack credit, so she paid for it out of pocket. Before that, we’d gone over to watch them making it, and low and behold, it was my favorite purple!!!!

Do you know about purple cotton candy? It’s the glorious flavor that happens when they’re changing over from pink to blue. You get a few glorious bags of purple, and it’s the best flavor ever. Well, we couldn’t convince Nemo that he wanted purple cotton candy (he picked blue) but they were handing out samples! Of purple!!! I was even heaven. I couldn’t eat a whole bag, but I sure could enjoy a sample. We got one for everyone, and it was an awesome moment.

Did I mention it was cold in there?

Anyway, cotton candy in hand, I led my family over to the hat shop.

Because we were going to buy mouse ears? No.

Because I had a little special something I wanted to do with them.

For those of you who don’t know, there’s an old style telephone on the wall in the hat shop near one of the doors. If you pick it up and listen to it, you’ll hear a party line, mostly a conversation of a girl talking to her mother.

Mom and I did this in January. I have the best pictures of us by that phone. And I decided that my family needed to do this too. It just…seemed right. Even though it was hard to do specific things I had done with her, and it gave me that ache in my chest, it was good to do them as well.

Everyone really liked it! I didn’t tell them what it was, and I made Nemo go first. He thought it was funny to listen to, but tired of it pretty quickly. MJS and Nana got a kick out of it, and I listened for a bit to bring back those memories.

Having had the day that we’d had, we didn’t really feel the need to do anything else. We’d gotten in some of Nemo’s favorite rides, and we’d had some really magical moments. Our vacation had started with a bang!

One can only imagine what’s in store…

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 07-12-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #105
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, I always love reading about the Main Street Electrical Parade! You know how I feel about it, and you are right, it just brings back a flood of childhood memories!

I will have to let Chelsea read your post later today -- she argued with me yesterday whether Disney had cotton candy or not. Now, let me tell you how that all began. She said, "My favorite things are roller coasters, fireworks, and cotton candy." To which I responded, "Well, then you should love Disney." To which she replied -- they don't have cotton candy. Anyway, long story short, now maybe she will believe me when I say that yes, Disney does have cotton candy.

I am so glad you had that moment with the telephone with your family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: