Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #46
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kat. You did great your first walk in to the MK. I so know how you feel. The first time I walked in Epcot I was fine...although the tears did want to come. It was later in the trip when they did.
Thanks, hon. It's so nice to have your understanding, it feels like a blessing to me.

Quote:
I'm so glad you got to Casey's and that Squirt got his first hot dog and fries at the MK.
Me, too! Even if my family practically forced me.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what Nemo's idea was for the plan of attack.
Think like a six year old boy....
Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #47
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Wow--what a great update, Kat!

I wondered about how I would have received the baby care centers. I think you are probably right--the World would seem oh-too-interesting to my kids. A qiuet place would definitely be in order.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #48
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

How fun to have Mr. Pirate insist on Casey's. They do pay attention! And I certainly do believe you all were hungry -- no pics of your meals!

Silly me to come back here without my tissues. I was right there with you, stunned at how the world went on as usual when Dad was dying. And later surprising myself by being able to enjoy some of the old routines again, sooner than I'd thought. It gets better, honest.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #49
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow--what a great update, Kat!
Thank you.

Quote:
I wondered about how I would have received the baby care centers. I think you are probably right--the World would seem oh-too-interesting to my kids. A qiuet place would definitely be in order.
Those little eyes were taking everything in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
How fun to have Mr. Pirate insist on Casey's. They do pay attention! And I certainly do believe you all were hungry -- no pics of your meals!
No joke, I thought about that, as I was eating it. We have some pictures of the boys eating, but no food pics persay. Too hungry!

Quote:
Silly me to come back here without my tissues. I was right there with you, stunned at how the world went on as usual when Dad was dying. And later surprising myself by being able to enjoy some of the old routines again, sooner than I'd thought. It gets better, honest.
It's funny, I didn't expect this to be a kleenex worthy update, but as I was writing it, I remembered how I felt as I walked into the park and knew that had to be included. It's all part of the process and part of the trip.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #50
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think it's super cute that MJS insisted on Casey's. Too cute.

Good to know about the baby care centers, I always want to sneak a peek in just to see but don't feel right doing that.

Look at those little baby feet! I just want to gobble them right up, in a non-threatening way of course
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #51
MEK
DIS Veteran

subbing! Really enjoying your TR so far. Congrats on getting such a prime location and view.

Can you believe I have never tried Casey's? I really need to change that.

Looking forward to more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #52
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

for the first time in the MK without her.

I am so glad you got some great family pics in front of the castle!

I love your tradition of eating at Casey's! We don't have a WDW tradition. Can you believe in all of our trips we have never eaten at Casey's either? We definitely need to fix that! So cute that squirt had his first Casey's meal.

Looking forward to what Nemo has in mind!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #53
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think it's super cute that MJS insisted on Casey's. Too cute.
Who knew the man had opinions about Disney? I feel like I'm the Borg and he's been assimilated.

Quote:
Good to know about the baby care centers, I always want to sneak a peek in just to see but don't feel right doing that.
They're really great. There's a separate room (or rooms, depending on the park) for nursing, with low level lighting and some nice ambient music. There's an area with high chairs to feed the kiddos, and they've got a Disney movie running on the tv nonstop. There's a really nice changing area with changing stations, and they also have a little shop in case you forgot something, in which case you can pay your weight in gold for six diapers.

Quote:
Look at those little baby feet! I just want to gobble them right up, in a non-threatening way of course
I do gobble them up! I know what you mean, I love baby feet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
subbing! Really enjoying your TR so far. Congrats on getting such a prime location and view.
Thank you! And Happy to have you here!

Quote:
Can you believe I have never tried Casey's? I really need to change that.

Get thee to Casey's, my friend!

Quote:
Looking forward to more!
Looking forward to writing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
for the first time in the MK without her.
Thanks!

Quote:
I am so glad you got some great family pics in front of the castle!
Me, too! Very impropmtu photos, and I love them.

Quote:
I love your tradition of eating at Casey's! We don't have a WDW tradition. Can you believe in all of our trips we have never eaten at Casey's either? We definitely need to fix that! So cute that squirt had his first Casey's meal.
Not one?

One little thing that you have to do every time? No?

J/K I keed, I keed. I find it really funny that Squirt's first ever Disney meal was Casey's. It seems fitting.

Quote:
Looking forward to what Nemo has in mind!
Again, I say, think like a six year old boy...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #54
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow, this is a tough TR for me to get through! If it's this hard for me to read it, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to go through it!

Quote:
Honestly? I can’t believe Disney World keeps going without my mother in it. Much in the way that when she was in the hospital, dying, and I was driving to see her, I could not fathom that there were people in cars on the highway whose lives were completely normal. That the sun kept shining. That people were shopping and busy and working and doing. Whatever it is they did. While my mother was dying.
*Sigh* I know those feelings all too well. Everyone just going about their daily lives while you're dealing with the worst possible thing ever. I guess it happens every day, you never know what anyone is really going through.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys stuck with tradition and ate at Casey's! The Baby Care center sounds great! I've always thought about peeking in there...but that might be weird, without, you know, a baby! Someday, hopefully!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #55
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow, this is a tough TR for me to get through! If it's this hard for me to read it, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to go through it!
Aw, HUGS for my friend, Nermel9!!!!

Quote:
*Sigh* I know those feelings all too well. Everyone just going about their daily lives while you're dealing with the worst possible thing ever. I guess it happens every day, you never know what anyone is really going through.
One of the weirdest feelings in the world, and you're so right. We never really know what's going on with anyone else.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad you guys stuck with tradition and ate at Casey's! The Baby Care center sounds great! I've always thought about peeking in there...but that might be weird, without, you know, a baby! Someday, hopefully!
That's so funny, you and Lady Lallie said the same thing about the baby care center!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #56
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh how I've missed a TK report. I am smiling, tearing up, grinning as you go.

What a gorgeous view and magical start. I am about Casey's, good for YJS for speaking up, I love it.

Very good to know on the nursing rooms. I won't ever need them again of course but it's still really cool to hear about them.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #57
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Aww, I love that MJS insisted you start the trip at the Magic Kingdom with dinner at Casey's! Smart man, indeed!

How appropos (is that even spelled right???) that the current Disney campaign is Let the Memories Begin because I know you had a lot of them coming back to you on this trip.

If I still had children in strollers I would totally use your garland idea and use the baby centers! As it is, I will squirrel that information away for the time when I have grandchildren. Think I will be able to remember all that in fifteen years?

Can't wait to see what Nemo's ideas are for where to head next!

On a totally unrelated note, I could really use your eye for color and design. I am getting ready to paint the kitchen in the next few weeks, and I am so nervous that I am going to pick the wrong color. I want an orange, but not a Halloween orange or a coral/peachy orange. Want to drive down to Georgia and help me?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #58
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh how I've missed a TK report. I am smiling, tearing up, grinning as you go.
Aw!

Quote:
What a gorgeous view and magical start. I am about Casey's, good for YJS for speaking up, I love it.
Thank goodness, because it ended up being just wonderful.

Quote:
Very good to know on the nursing rooms. I won't ever need them again of course but it's still really cool to hear about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Aww, I love that MJS insisted you start the trip at the Magic Kingdom with dinner at Casey's! Smart man, indeed!
Agreed.

Quote:
How appropos (is that even spelled right???) that the current Disney campaign is Let the Memories Begin because I know you had a lot of them coming back to you on this trip.
I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it. Yes, I was surprised that was the theming for this year, since I haven't really been paying attention to the catch phrase. I knew about the pictures online and on the castle but never noticed that we were "letting the memories begin."

Quote:
If I still had children in strollers I would totally use your garland idea and use the baby centers! As it is, I will squirrel that information away for the time when I have grandchildren. Think I will be able to remember all that in fifteen years?
If not, I'll remind you!

Quote:
Can't wait to see what Nemo's ideas are for where to head next!

On a totally unrelated note, I could really use your eye for color and design. I am getting ready to paint the kitchen in the next few weeks, and I am so nervous that I am going to pick the wrong color. I want an orange, but not a Halloween orange or a coral/peachy orange. Want to drive down to Georgia and help me?
I'd be happy to. I could use a good road trip and a vacation. School gets out for Nemo today, if you can believe that, and I'm so ready for it to be over.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #59
TarzansKat

To MJS! Nine years ago today, we started sailing the seas of life as a crew, and I couldn't be happier! Thank you for the laughs, thank you for your amazing ability with our children, and thank you for loving me! Happy Anniversary to us!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #60
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the Baby Care Centers! I just wish they had them in more places, or that the ones they do have were a bit more convenient. I think I only used them once in each park, because it was such a trek out of the way to get to them most of the time. If I was nearby, I would always try to stop in, but I was rarely nearby when the baby decided he needed care.

Memories are the strangest things. I just have to walk past certain places or hear certain songs and I think about the people I've lost. I can only imagine losing someone I've shared Disney with, especially a parent!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: