Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

As someone said before, lodging does book up, some a year in advance. But there's nothing like staying in the park! We've gone 3 times, and a co-worker of DH wants to go in 2012. So for fun, I was looking at the website for Yellowstone Lodging this afternoon, specifically where we stayed last time (Mammoth Hot Springs cabins). Wow, I couldn't believe that they're already sold out for a lot of dates. However, I remember when I'd called for reservations one year, the lady told me that there are a lot of cancellations in the early spring, so don't give up on where you want to stay. Just don't expect TVs, telephones, free wi-fi (or any wi-fi), cell reception, in the park. DH (and lots of other people, we noticed) could only get cell reception in the big parking lot by Old Faithful Geyser and hotel. We were just talking about Yellowstone last night and reminiscing about what a wonderful time we had. One last thing is the weather-in the 3 Junes we went, it snowed each trip, sometimes closing certain areas, once closing entrance to the entire park. The only advantage to our plane delaying our arrival on our last trip-had we arrived when planned, we would have sat in the snow outside the park all day, unable to get in.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

I have been able to book by telephone when "no vacancy" showed up on the web site. But, there were times when that did not work. Also try telephone booking up to the day you leave, "stuff" happens.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
I have been able to book by telephone when "no vacancy" showed up on the web site. But, there were times when that did not work. Also try telephone booking up to the day you leave, "stuff" happens.
I had a friend who worked a front desk in the town of Jackson, WY. Many people would try to "walk up" hoping for a room. That were amazed there were no rooms in the area and suggested they try going to Idaho Falls, Idaho or that only the 4Seasons has rooms left for $400. Some of these people had already been told no up in Yellowstone. Stuff can happen and stuff can go terribly wrong too.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #19
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I had a friend who worked a front desk in the town of Jackson, WY. Many people would try to "walk up" hoping for a room. That were amazed there were no rooms in the area and suggested they try going to Idaho Falls, Idaho or that only the 4Seasons has rooms left for $400. Some of these people had already been told no up in Yellowstone. Stuff can happen and stuff can go terribly wrong too.
I certainly was not advocating heading to these popular destinations with no ressies. Did you read it that way?

But if I have a safety valve ressie, I keep trying to get into my preferred accommodation up to my cancelation deadline.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: