Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Grinch Character Meal?

Did I read somewhere at some point in time that they do a Grinch character meal? If I wasn't hallucinating, can someone fill me in?

We're going to Disney in December and would probably hit IOA to see WWOHP one day if they also do a Grinch breakfast.

Thanks for the help!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Did I read somewhere at some point in time that they do a Grinch character meal? If I wasn't hallucinating, can someone fill me in?

We're going to Disney in December and would probably hit IOA to see WWOHP one day if they also do a Grinch breakfast.

Thanks for the help!
The Grinch character breakfast is held during Grinchmas so if you're visiting during December, you will be able to do it. This is the character breakfast that's held at Confisco Grille at IOA.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The Grinch character breakfast is held during Grinchmas so if you're visiting during December, you will be able to do it. This is the character breakfast that's held at Confisco Grille at IOA.
We're planning on December so that would be fun. Can you tell me anything about it? Is is just the Grinch or are there other characters at the breakfast?

Also, can you tell me anything about Grinchmas? Do they do other stuff in the park?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We're planning on December so that would be fun. Can you tell me anything about it? Is is just the Grinch or are there other characters?

Also, can you tell me anything about Grinchmas? Do they do other stuff in the park?
The breakfast is pretty much the same as the one they do all year...just different characters.

For Grinchmas at the Studios...they have the daily Macy's Holiday parade which starts around dusk and then on the first three Saturday nights, there are free concerts at the Universal Music Plaza. The concerts are included in the park admission. Mannheim Steamroller usually plays the first December Saturday evening. The concert is outstanding! On other nights, Sounds of the Holidays performs at the Holiday Village.

At IOA...there's a stage performance of "How the Grinch Stole Chrismas" plus the holiday decorations and lots of character meets.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The breakfast is pretty much the same as the one they do all year...just different characters.

For Grinchmas at the Studios...they have the daily Macy's Holiday parade which starts around dusk and then on the first three Saturday nights, there are free concerts at the Universal Music Plaza. The concerts are included in the park admission. Mannheim Steamroller usually plays the first December Saturday evening. The concert is outstanding! On other nights, Sounds of the Holidays performs at the Holiday Village.

At IOA...there's a stage performance of "How the Grinch Stole Chrismas" plus the holiday decorations and lots of character meets.
I completely forgot about the Macy's parade. Hmmm..... we WERE only going to do IOA. Gonna have to think on that.

We saw the Grinch show in 04, but I didn't think they still did that. I'm so glad they do!

Can you or anyone else tell me when they take reservations for the Grinch breakfast or what number to call? That trip in 04 was our last stop at US or IOA. This feels like entering a foreign land.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Can you or anyone else tell me when they take reservations for the Grinch breakfast or what number to call? That trip in 04 was our last stop at US or IOA. This feels like entering a foreign land.
They will take reservations but probably not more than 30 days out...maybe 45 days but no time soon.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: