Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Travel Day : McDonalds!

We woke very early, and caught our first of 3 planes to get to Orlando. By the time we got to NY, I was starving, and we decided to grab breakfast at McDonalds!
Our McDonalds in Maine doesn’t serve the chicken on a biscuit anymore, so we were both excited to see it on the menu board! I had a sweet tea, and Josh had an OJ. Our hash browns were VERY hot and tasty! Service was less than stellar, no one behind the counter looked like they wanted to be there.

It was McDonald’s food, so we weren’t expecting much. Not great, not terrible. My sweet tea wasn’t very good, I didn’t finish it. Could have been better, but it could have been MUCH worse

Okay, I'm sold!!! Next time I go on vacation, this is definitely on my "to do" list. But none of that sweet tea stuff!!!! Hahaha!
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #32
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

I finally made it from FB to here. Sorry that you didnt feel well for Liberty Tree Tavern. I love that place.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #33
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just found your reviews and have really enjoyed reading them

You are an adorable couple
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #34
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art

I couldn't help but notice how lovely the two of you looked in all the photos with the characters, except when Josh chose to pose alone with Daisy. I probably wouldn't read too much into it... but that Duck looks really happy.
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary

Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #35
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

We loved Tusker House last year and have it for an ADR this year as well. The food is awesome and the jungle juice should be given out in carafes!
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #36
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Okay, I'm sold!!! Next time I go on vacation, this is definitely on my "to do" list. But none of that sweet tea stuff!!!! Hahaha!
Glad I could Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
I finally made it from FB to here. Sorry that you didnt feel well for Liberty Tree Tavern. I love that place.
Yay for making it over!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just found your reviews and have really enjoyed reading them

You are an adorable couple
Thank you! I am glad you are having fun reading them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
I couldn't help but notice how lovely the two of you looked in all the photos with the characters, except when Josh chose to pose alone with Daisy. I probably wouldn't read too much into it... but that Duck looks really happy.
She has hit on him every time we have met her. I told her to back off, he is married last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
We loved Tusker House last year and have it for an ADR this year as well. The food is awesome and the jungle juice should be given out in carafes!
Yes! We must have each drank like 3 glasses of it!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #37
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Day 1 (5/28) Animal Kingdom – Yak and Yeti
Seating time – 1:30

We arrived early (about 1), and were told that it would be close to our reservation before we could be sat, but that we were welcome to come in. We headed in, as it was HOT and we relaxed for a few moments, made a mushed penny and were quickly called to our table! This guy was chilling in the waiting area.

We were lead up stairs by a very nice young man who told us that all the decorations were authentic. I don’t really know what that means (made in china?) but they sure were pretty! He lead us past this

And up the stairs to the second floor, which was way more quiet than the ground floor!
We were taken into a cute little sun porch area, and sat at two top against the wall, across from a family with a VERY messy baby! I will say this, there was constantly someone walking about sweeping up after baby! Within moments of the family leaving you would have never know that baby had noodles there!
We were handed menus, and left to decide what we wanted to try! I am a big fan of moving slowly through a meal, so we started with drinks, before we really decided what we wanted to do.
The waiter, Hicham asked if we were on a dining plan, and seemed oddly reluctant to explain it to us, even though this was the first real meal we were using it with. I wanted to make sure we fully understood, and didn’t stray too far….
I decided a big glass of water, and some diet Coke with lemon was in order. Josh went with a Glacier Water $3.95 (not on the dinging plan)

It was very sweet, but not too sweet. “You gotta like coconut” – Josh. It was very refreshing, and even thought I don’t really like coconut I thought it was tasty.

We relaxed, looking over the menu

The wall décor was very cute!

For an appetizer I went with the Wok-fried Green Beans, Josh ordered pot stickers….. but got egg rolls?

My green beans were delicious! They were cooked just right, hot and very crispy! I am not really a sauce girl, but I liked the chili sauce with them it wasn’t spicy really! Josh did not like the egg rolls, but hates to send food back (I have only seen him do it once, he was served a stone cold burger) so he nibbled on them, and finished up my beans. The waiter never noticed. He wasn’t a terrible waiter, just not super either.

For an entrée I went with the Shrimp Lo Mein

I had shrimp several times while we were on this trip. This dish was very yummy. The sauce was light, but very full of flavor, if that makes sense. There were lots of shrimp… but they were little shrimp. I like big shrimp. I think they taste different, and if you don’t, well too bad LOL. The noodles were really yummy as well.
Josh got the Duck

“not extrodinary” – Josh
He said it wasn’t the best duck he has had, and not a lot of “bang” for the buck. He wouldn’t get it again. He said he could have gotten it anywhere, and it was kind of dry.

Dessert was a hard pick, but we decided to each get what we were leaning more toward, and to share!
I went with the friend wantons, and Joshua went with the sorbet

Please don’t mind the husband who can’t wait to take a bit in the background……

I loved the fried wontons, but after a fairly heavy meal, they were almost too heavy. The cream cheese was super yummy, and the pineapple and ice cream super refreshing!
Josh’s sorbet was “lemon was good, but sour like a lemon” “mango was good, but I didn’t care for the raspberry”

Here is Josh trying the Lemon BWAHAHAHAHA

I tried it, it really was sour, but very refreshing!

Cost – $82.38
Credits used – 2
Worth the credits –
Josh – *concentrating really hard…..* I had the duck, I am sure there was better stuff on the menu… and my dessert was good. soooo yes
Beth – Very much so! I plan to return on our next trip!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 06-14-2011 at 07:52 PM.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #38
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

We ate at Yak and Yeti and sat at the table that was across from you!!! I'm entirely jealous that you ate the green beans. I had considered getting them, but figured I'd be too full and that's never a good thing. Keep the reviews coming!
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #39
jackalexis
Earning My Ears

Subscribing
jackalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #40
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Can't wait to read more of your reviews. I have a special affinity for military wives and thier spouses being that I used to be one and still would be if it weren't for a training accident (DH is now a disabled US Marine Veteran). So glad your husband came home safe. I'll have to go back and check out you wedding TR. Yak and Yeti looks good. That's one we would really like to try.

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I'm loving your reviews. And my favorite part: Josh and your take at the end of each report. Sorry you weren't feeling well for LTT. Beside LeCellier, that is PrincessK's favorite place. I think it's good too, but I'm not crazy about it like she is. Unfortunately for us, we're very much meat and potatoes kind of people and don't try new things often. I'm looking forward to all your reviews. Keep 'em coming!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #42
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your reviews!

I can't believe Josh got egg rolls instead of pot stickers!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #43
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great Yak & Yeti Review
I love the look of your shrimp dish
I am thinking of trying for an ADR as the menu really appeals
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #44
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!

Can't wait to eat at TH! Y&Y looks great - the green beans and shrimp dish makes me kind of wish we had made an ADR! Oh well there's always next time...
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #45
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Awesome reviews so far!!!! You have many on your lineup that my mom and I are doing come November

I'm super happy you have your hero home with you know <3. Sorry to hear that you had a migraine your first night there, they are definitely not fun, and NOT want you want on a trip. I feel for you. Hope the rest of your trip was fantastic!! Can't wait to read about it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: