Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

UT vs. Texas A&M

Will this football game be shown onboard? We're going on the Thanksgiving cruise and my husband will be so pleased (and me too!). If we could catch this in Diversions...anyone know from previous Thanksgiving cruises?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

We were on a New Year's cruise and they had all the bowl games.

2 things will determine whether you will see the Texas games.

First, the satellite reception has to be working properly, which it normally is.

Second, the TV networks often pick one game for the East Coast stations, and another for the West Coast stations based on what they think will be of the most interest to viewers on those coasts. . The ship picks up the east coast feed only. So if there is a game that the networks think is of larger interest to East coast viewers, your game may not be available.
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
HappyontheLake
One cruise down, next one in March 2011

and, if it is being broadcast by ESPN it is more likely to be played. Just make your wishes abundantly clear at guest services each day that you want it to be played and recruit as many cruisers in your wishes. They do listen to your wishes!

WHOOP!

GIG 'EM!

And seriously, can you imagine them cruising out of Galveston and not playing this game? They would be hog tied and left in the out house at the top of the bon fire.

HappyontheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyontheLake View Post
and, if it is being broadcast by ESPN it is more likely to be played. Just make your wishes abundantly clear at guest services each day that you want it to be played and recruit as many cruisers in your wishes. They do listen to your wishes!

WHOOP!

GIG 'EM!

And seriously, can you imagine them cruising out of Galveston and not playing this game? They would be hog tied and left in the out house at the top of the bon fire.
Well, like I said if the networks don't think it's a big game for an east coast audience, Disney won't have any say.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Since it moved back to Thanksgiving night (praise the Lord), it has been broadcast nationally on ESPN. Gig 'em.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Hook 'em Horns!!!!!
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer

There is noting better than watching Football on ArielVvision. I watch games of teams that I don't follow and go with which team has the most fans watching on deck. I know other folks like to watch in the bar but the ultimate big screen is my venue of choice.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
Piper
DIS Veteran

It looks like your Thanksgiving trip will be from Galveston. Since the ship is sailing from Texas, it would make sense that they show a game that is of great interest to many Texans.

Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
tvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
It looks like your Thanksgiving trip will be from Galveston. Since the ship is sailing from Texas, it would make sense that they show a game that is of great interest to many Texans.

The problem being, there is an East Coast feed, and a West coast feed, and Disney has no control over what the networks put on the East coast feed which is the one they have access to.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
tvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
The problem being, there is an East Coast feed, and a West coast feed, and Disney has no control over what the networks put on the East coast feed which is the one they have access to.
Ok, I looked up the schedule, it is the only game being carried that day by ESPN, so as long as the satellite works, you should be able to see it.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Ok, I looked up the schedule, it is the only game being carried that day by ESPN, so as long as the satellite works, you should be able to see it.
Thank you very much!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a&m, football, question, texas, thanksgiving

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: