Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you spend the most Snack Credits
Epcot 71 52.21%
Magic Kingdom 32 23.53%
Animal Kingdom 2 1.47%
Hollywood Studios 4 2.94%
water parks 1 0.74%
Downtown Disney 9 6.62%
your resort 33 24.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #76
Rox.jea
Mouseketeer

I really donít mean to be harsh on La Hacienda but they deserve the criticism. Perhaps I can spare you the disappointment and frustration. For me, if I want a view of the fireworks and a meal at Epcot, Iíll go to UK Ė they have always treated my DSis and me with respect there.

I agree. You have every right to be upset. Same thing happened to me @ The Sheraton Hotel in Niagara Falls. On our anniversary! I also had hair in my food & every person working in that restaurant was rude beyond words.[fyi: fallsview restaurant] I have learned to say something before you leave. As for Disney I do not expect this @ all. I will say, this is the 2nd review I read about this same problem @ La Hacienda. As far as tipping goes you never nkow how people will tip. My parents w/ 4 kids are the best tippers ever. The reason we have gone to WDW so many times is b/cof the excellent service we get. Weather you are on a budget or going all out. @ WDW I count on great service. In "the real world" I can get crappy service so why would I want that in WDW? Nope not cool @ all. BTW Loving ur reviews giving me tons of ideas. & I LOVE the rootbeer floats too. =)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #77
Rox.jea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
What a shame about the Hacienda. I had really high hopes for them, but it sounds like the same lousy service that San Angel Inn has been famous for for years. I am hitting the other reviews to see if this is the experience others are having.
Ughhhh. I have been wanting to try San Angel Inn & have it for my last meal in WDW. This makes me nervous. I have heard not everyone loves the food but I like the menu. Having bad service would bum me out biggggg time.
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #78
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox.jea View Post
Ughhhh. I have been wanting to try San Angel Inn & have it for my last meal in WDW. This makes me nervous. I have heard not everyone loves the food but I like the menu. Having bad service would bum me out biggggg time.
The food was fine. We really liked the duck taco appetizer (if still on menu). The service was horrendous. They just didn't seem to care. Servers (using the term lightly) standing around or even ignoring your efforts to get their attention. I began to think they weren't working for tips. This was several years ago when we still paid OOP, but the reviews that I have read look like it is the same old story. Ambiance is lovely though and a cool respite mid-day.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #79
Rox.jea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
The food was fine. We really liked the duck taco appetizer (if still on menu). The service was horrendous. They just didn't seem to care. Servers (using the term lightly) standing around or even ignoring your efforts to get their attention. I began to think they weren't working for tips. This was several years ago when we still paid OOP, but the reviews that I have read look like it is the same old story. Ambiance is lovely though and a cool respite mid-day.
I'm glad I know this now. I was telling my husband & he said we can just try it anyway, since I have been wanting to so long. & Yes it is mostly for the ambiance. But...I don't want our last special meal to end up making me mad. That would suck.I can eat Mex anytime. I think I might just do the avacado margarita @ the bar next to it. I think I might let it remain a pretty little place that I love to walk through.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #80
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
When we got the PIN for free QSDP I was concerned that QSDP would mean only burgers and fries every meal. But we were really surprised by the variety we could come up with during those five days. That said...

For lunch, as soon as we arrived at the World, we ate at the Old Port Royal food court and we both had the Caribbean burger from the hamburger station!

The Caribbean burger had a pineapple-bbq sauce which was sweet and not spicy - and fried plantains, fried string onions, tomato and lettuce as toppings Ė incredibly flavorful, filling and messy!

We had fries and got a bottle of water each. And used our free resort refillable mugs for sodas (so we could drink the water later in the park!).

For dessert, I got a chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing and DSis got the dirt cake (which she didnít eat but took back to the room to put in the fridge for later).

Here are some pics:

We just arrived at CBR this afternoon. I had the burger for dinner...sooo good...it wasn't the best burger meat wise (like McDs but bigger), but the toppings made it delish. I thought the bun was fine (are these the same buns as park CS?)

Anyhow, thanks for your review or I never would have known to order that!
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #81
karasue10
Earning My Ears

Smile Great Reviews!

My DH, DD and I are heading to WDW in August and are on the QSDP. I've enjoyed all of your pictures and comments.
karasue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #82
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

So glad I could help! This was fun to recount and fun to share - so knowing it helped or is helping makes me even happier! Have a great trip!!!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #83
Liam
Dis Veteran

Great reviews! Pics are a big help for planning my families trip.

Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #84
JessiLynn015
DIS Veteran

Great review!! You really helped me pick out some QS locations for our trip

WDW--12/04 - 02/05 - 08/09 - 10/09 - 01/10 - 04/10 - 05/10 - 08/10 - 09/10 - 10/10 - 02/11 - 05/11 - 06/11 - 09/11 - 11/11 - 12/12 - 1/13

(me) (DH) (DS)
(Diesel) (Marlee) (Zeus)
JessiLynn015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #85
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it's so neat you live in the UK. I watch Graham Norton on BBCAmerica and it makes me want to be British just so I can understand more of the jokes!

Quote:
I think the lesson is, there is always something you have to put off for another trip!
So true.

Quote:

Hot cinnamon roll.

chocolate croissant.
Oh yum. I love cinnamon rolls and chocolate croissants...

Quote:
Okay, honestly, if Fox ever had a reality tv show "So You Think You Can Eat" we'd definately make the Top 20.
Quote:

Dad and mom both had the soup, which wasnít on the menu and now, a week later, I have completely forgotten what it was Ė maybe if they let me have a bite I would have remembered. But Iíll likely get kicked off this thread for not properly describing the food!

mystery soup - looks good though

I also canít remember what the wine was, but it was a bottle of red wine Ė Iím so going to be kicked offÖ
To the first bolded -

To the second bolded - your next post starts by saying you got kicked off Did you really anger the food thread gods?

Looking forward to more!!

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #86
plutosgirl
DIS Veteran

Loved all your pictures!!! Ahhhh...makes me want to go back again!
AS Movies December 2010
AS Movies December 2009
POR FQ October 2008
POP October 2006
CBR May 2004
Contemporary November '70's

plutosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #87
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post

To the second bolded - your next post starts by saying you got kicked off Did you really anger the food thread gods?

Looking forward to more!!
thanks for reading and posting! no, it was technically difficulties alone that booted me for a while. I wish my trip was longer so I had more to write! I'd happily go back for more 'research' into quick service dining but I'm out of vacation time and money!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #88
Schoolbread
Mouseketeer

The La Hacienda non-dinner sucked! I would have left too! I'm so sorry....

The rest of it looked super yummers!
Schoolbread is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: