Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #76
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
My husband and I are similar... We were talking about drinking at night and what not - we still think there is going to be a glass of wine needed - but he thinks going to lounges and gettying a tasty treat sounds like more fun and a better use of $$....
Unfortunately I think there's 2-3 desserts on just about every menu we want to try! This might take more than one trip ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #77
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

So we've ordered the Photopass+, ordered our Disney Dream Reward Cards, and ordered Disney Gift Cards to pay for the one night of the dining plan at the beginning of our trip.
Also ordered a Landry's Select membership for $25 so I can get the $25 welcome credit plus a $25 birthday credit, in addition to our 10% DVC discount and the two Reading Rewards $0.99 kids meal coupons we'll be using at T-Rex, so hopefully that will be a very reasonably priced meal for us!

In other good news when I was on the Wonder last week on a last-minute booking, I won a $300 OBC from the DVC presentation, so I got my prepaid gratuities refunded to me, plus some spending cash. Because it was 2/3 of the way through the cruise I couldn't figure out any way I really wanted to spend the money (though DS5 helped by buying lots of toys and smoothies), so I got a Disney Gift Card to use up the last $25 of non-refundable credit. First (and probably last) time I'll ever come home from a cruise with more money than I left with, but its more to use in Florida, right?

On my to-do list. Verify my sailing party for the IllumiNations cruise, buy a better smart phone so I can download TouringPlans. Think I'm going to go for the Samsung Note II that's coming out next week, since I really want a phone that has a great camera but also has a qwerty, and the stylus on the Note will hopefully be an adequate replacement for the qwerty.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #78
taaren

Okay, so the itinerary has changed somewhat significantly, enough to warrant a new post to have it more straight in my head

Fri, Nov 30:
  • Flights arrive at 9:20 and 9:25pm
  • Take ME to OKW, check into studios, get key cards with DDP and tell Bell Services not to deliver luggage

Sat, Dec 1:
  • Take our carry-ons to bell services and have them sent to BLT with our luggage held from ME last night, pick up refillable mugs
  • Head to AK, via bus or taxi, depending on how early we wake up
  • Flame Tree for lunch to use QS credits, Kusafiri Bakery to use snack credits for breakfast
  • Exchange voucher for Photopass+ card at Garden Gifts
  • Head to BLT around 4p to check in, probably via taxi.
  • Take the monorail to our first Character Meal, Garden Grill at Epcot at 7:05p
  • Watch Electrical Water Parade from room if we're lucky at 10:05, or Wishes from TOTWL.

Sun, Dec 2
  • Head into MK around 10a (possibly earlier).
  • Pirates League and Mermaid appointments for the two boys and young lady at 11:30a ... 3 adults will stay with the kids while the other two collect FP's.
  • Ride rides with an emphasis on ones that are substantially different from Disneyland; ie Buzz, Splash Mtn, BTMRR, Stitch, Space. If we can get 5 rides done by 5ish we'll be happy.
  • Lunch at Be Our Guest after Pirates League, grab some Sleepy Hollow waffle sandwiches on the way back to the villa as we leave the park around 4p
  • 5p return to the room for a rest/nap.
  • 6:30p ish Head over to DHS via bus or taxi to see the Osborne lights and enjoy the evening EMH. See whether we want more rides or to watch the second Fantasmic! showing (if the line is very short to get in). Ride some rides, the kids will insist on TSMM, adults will want TOT, Star Tours and other coasters even if they're identical to our DLR ones.
  • 10-11p Depending on kids' stamina (and whether they've adjusted to time change, we're hoping not) head back to villa via taxi.

Mon, Dec 3 - Michael's b-day
  • Wake up as late as kids will allow and ride monorail to Epcot.
  • 11a Seas with Nemo, Test Track if soft opened, and Mission Space are at the top of our attractions list, hopefully to accomplish before 2p
  • 2:20p Chefs de France ADR, for the birthday meal, hoping to catch Remy at 2:50 (don't tell the kids!)
  • 3:30 Explore the World Pavilions for an hour or so before sending the kids back via monorail for a nap with dads, moms stay and explore for a bit longer.
  • 5p Back to villa for a rest, probably with a snack from one of the Pavilions
  • 6:30p Head to MK for the 7p Electrical Light Parade, stay for evening EMH. Jungle Cruise, and anything we missed yesterday or that has a short line. Late night for whoever can handle it.
Tues, Dec 4 - Brian's b-day
  • Wake up as late as kids let us and ride bus to DHS. Shows emphasis today - LMA, Indy, and Beauty and the Beast are at the top of our list as none of those exist in DLR.
  • 12:30 Sci-Fi ADR. Then ride rides til they turn on Osborne lights, and head over to DTD for
  • 7:45p T-Rex ADR for the kids.
  • 9:00p early night, another chance to catch fireworks or EWP from the room or TOTWL

Wed, Dec 5 - Last park day as a group of 8, and Walt's b-day
  • 8a To AK morning EMH via cab, get a few rides in.
  • 10a Tusker House character brunch, followed by 1 or 2 more rides.
  • noon Michael & DH head to pick up car from Dollar at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. Guys go to Gatorland this afternoon!
  • Moms and Liana go to Grand Floridian Tea Room for our afternoon tea! Also a bit of resort hopping to wander the Poly and GF.
  • Everybody meets in the villa around 6p, then around 7:30p head to Beach Club Resort
  • 8:30p IllumiNations pontoon cruise reserved for 5 adults as a grand finale to the trip while kids go to SandCastle Club.

Thurs, Dec 6
  • 9a Everybody checks out of the 2 bedroom, half our party goes to Universal, Michael drops us off at Port Canaveral!
  • 11a Check in to cruise, try for a port upgrade, lunch at Enchanted Gardens since we'll be missing our dinner dining rotation there.
  • Our requested dining rotation has Royal Palace tonight

Fri, Dec 7 Nassau
  • Stay on ship and take advantage of all the amenities and Aquaduck. I'm surprising DH with a Rainforest Room Spa day pass today!
  • We will definitely be getting at least foot massages at the spa for DH & I, if they are running 20/20/20 specials for $99 we may upgrade to foot/scalp/back massages.
  • Our requested dining rotation has Animators up tonight

Sat, Dec 8 - Castaway Cay and my
  • Snorkeling, Pelican Plunge, explore CC
  • Palo for dinner for DH & I

Sun, Dec 9
  • 8a Breakfast, disembark, pick up car at port, drive to BWV
  • 11a Check in at BWV 1 bdr, head to Epcot or DHS.
  • 8p Kouzzina ADR ...
  • 9p DHS evening EMH potential

Mon, Dec 10
  • Epcot in the morning
  • 12:15 Coral Reef ADR, may eat just lunch dessert just really wanted to experience eating by a giant fish tank. After may head to World Pavilions for a real CS meal as there's so many we want to try there.
  • 5p break in villa ... then drive to WL, check out decorations
  • 6:30p Whispering Canyon ADR
  • 8:00p head over to MK for evening EMH til quittin time

Tues, Dec 11: non park day
  • We haven't added WP&M to our tickets yet, still waiting to see what the weather is like. If its warm enough I'd love to head to Blizzard Beach (via car). If not, we'll resort hop, enjoy the clown pool. Either way, having a car this day will be somewhat important.
  • 8p California Grill ADR, probably just going to get appetizers and desserts and watch the holiday fireworks.

Wed, Dec 12
  • 8a AK early EMH. Repeat safari, any other favorites. Back to villa.
  • 7p DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express. DH & I loved this restaurant in Las Vegas, as well as the Honolulu version. If we buy the WP&M option we'll head to DisneyQuest tonight, if not just enjoy DTD (though we're not really shoppers).
  • Alternate plan for 7p - catch the Electrical Light Parade if we missed it last week or if we want to see it again, then move Wolfgang Puck to tomorrow night. Its only playing on M & W this week.

Thurs, Dec 13
  • Whatever park we liked the best in the morning. Or possibly more Blizzard Beach time?
  • Spirit of the Swamp airboat ride at 2:30p.
  • Contemplating a sleigh ride at WL (or is it FW?) for DH & I for a romantic interlude in the evening.

Fri, Dec 14 Last full day/park day
  • Return car to Dollar
  • Epcot day again. It has evening EMH today, so I think we'll wake up late, pack a bit, work on polishing off any remaining groceries, maybe pool time in the morning.
  • 2:20p Le Cellier ADR. This place gets such rave reviews, we have to try it.
  • After eating, head back to villa for nap for DS6 and then try to stay up for EMH, maybe one more time watching IllumiNations.

Sat, Dec 15
  • Now we're really tired, and its really over. Time to check out of our BWV 1 bedroom and head to the airport. Flight departs at noon, and I'll start nailing down details of our Dec 2013 DLR trip that I'll need to reserve in January ...
  • Spend the night in Oakland at Michael's house, visiting friends before heading back to Maui on Sun for Alex; Sam and I get to spend a week in Cali.

Last edited by taaren; 11-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #79
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Just so you know the QS at OKW is fairly generic so depending on timing grabbing something at AK might be a better use of time

Also I hope to go to the TOTWL with my DH one night it sounds pretty neat- pretty excited they are letting DVC members access as well! I heard they had decent drinks, appetizers etc there. So excited our trip is 41 days away!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #80
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Yes, I realize I'm in the minority about Harry Potter, both as a sci-fi geek and as a librarian (as well as a bookseller for 10 years prior to the library jobs). I like that they get kids to read, its just that there's so much vastly superior fantasy and sci-fi out there ... but then again the same thing could be said for the Twilight series.
DH likes them and DS5 enjoys what he's seen of the movies, so we'll probably hit the California one when it opens. I just couldn't justify an $80 per person ticket to see HPLand when there were other Florida-ey things to do. We're pretty excited about the airboat ride now and DS5 loves the idea of Gatorland.
As for the TIW, its still on the table if we upgrade our hoppers to the DVC APs. Of course, the DVC APs hinge on whether or not I get one of the jobs I'm interviewing for in the next month or so ...
Oddly enough, we don't tend to drink much with dinner. Our style is more to drink at friends' homes and make a night of it when we feel like getting intoxicated, maybe we're just too cheap to drink out and about? Too well trained as designated drivers? Not sure. I've calculated most of what we'll eat based on DH & I sharing meals as we usually do, plus DS ordering a meal and room in the budget for a dessert with every meal since that tends to be our Achilles' heel. Maybe that's why we don't drink as much with meals ... calorie expenditures are all allocated to sweets and fattening desserts!

Anyhow, thanks for following along. And good luck to you in your last year of grad school! I remember how I had senior-itis during my last semester, since I'd been doing night classes and working for what seemed like forever (3 years in reality). Thinking about going back for a teaching certification if I get a school library job, but don't want to give up my evenings not writing papers just yet. Plus then I wouldn't have time to DIS again!
Since you mentioned it, any good young adult sci-fi/fantasy books you recommend? I'm always looking for something new to read! And I'm totally feeling the senior-itis... I'm normally really on top of things but I just can't bring myself to do anything til the last minute now! I'm just ready to be done! I'm so close, only about two more months!

I can see what you mean about TiW. The other advantage for me is that I have at least two trips that I can use it on. Plus, even though I could definitely share a meal as I don't have a huge appetite, I don't think DH would be okay with that. He likes his food!

We rarely have a drink when we eat out, also preferring to drink at home. WDW is the one place where both of us will drink because we don't have to drive home... but it definitely adds up!!

Quote:
So we've ordered the Photopass+, ordered our Disney Dream Reward Cards, and ordered Disney Gift Cards to pay for the one night of the dining plan at the beginning of our trip.
Also ordered a Landry's Select membership for $25 so I can get the $25 welcome credit plus a $25 birthday credit, in addition to our 10% DVC discount and the two Reading Rewards $0.99 kids meal coupons we'll be using at T-Rex, so hopefully that will be a very reasonably priced meal for us!

On my to-do list. Verify my sailing party for the IllumiNations cruise, buy a better smart phone so I can download TouringPlans. Think I'm going to go for the Samsung Note II that's coming out next week, since I really want a phone that has a great camera but also has a qwerty, and the stylus on the Note will hopefully be an adequate replacement for the qwerty.
I've been thinking about the Landry's membership, just not sure yet if it will be worth it for us. I have to look into that more. And let me know how the Samsung Note II is if you get it! I've been looking for a smart phone, as I still have a "dumb phone." It's just such a significant monthly fee, and I'm surviving all right without it now, so I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Really, vacations are the major times when I would want it.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #81
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Just so you know the QS at OKW is fairly generic so depending on timing grabbing something at AK might be a better use of time

Also I hope to go to the TOTWL with my DH one night it sounds pretty neat- pretty excited they are letting DVC members access as well! I heard they had decent drinks, appetizers etc there. So excited our trip is 41 days away!
This is definitely good to know. We may just use our snack credits at Kusafiri bakery on the way in and call cupcakes/brownies "breakfast" ... the kids will definitely know we're on vacation that way. None of us are heavy breakfast eaters, the rest of the week we'll just be having cereal in the villa.
I can't believe I'm in the under 40-day zone now! Next week I'll be able to say I'm going to Disney at the end of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Since you mentioned it, any good young adult sci-fi/fantasy books you recommend? I'm always looking for something new to read! And I'm totally feeling the senior-itis... I'm normally really on top of things but I just can't bring myself to do anything til the last minute now! I'm just ready to be done! I'm so close, only about two more months!

I've been thinking about the Landry's membership, just not sure yet if it will be worth it for us. I have to look into that more. And let me know how the Samsung Note II is if you get it! I've been looking for a smart phone, as I still have a "dumb phone." It's just such a significant monthly fee, and I'm surviving all right without it now, so I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Really, vacations are the major times when I would want it.
The last one I read that stands out in my mind is the Brian Sanderson Mistborn series. Its definitely YA friendly, though shelved in the grown up section, the main characters are young and idealistic. And my favorite living author Jasper Fforde just re-released his new YA offering, Last Dragonslayer, which is a great jokey sort of fantasy.
The thing about smartphones is they tend to get cheaper the more people you have on a plan. Right now, my parents, DH and I, plus my cousin are all on one plan and we just give my mom the money to pay the bill since she gets the best discount, but it works out to about $35 per person that way. We have Sprint with unlimited data, since we don't use very many minutes but we use a lot of data. Smartphones are great when you have them, and I only upgraded from a regular 9-number keypad 2 years ago, and now its hard to remember how much less convenient a lot of minutiae was 2 years ago ... so don't know if I'd recommend it as its hard to go back.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #82
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The last one I read that stands out in my mind is the Brian Sanderson Mistborn series. Its definitely YA friendly, though shelved in the grown up section, the main characters are young and idealistic. And my favorite living author Jasper Fforde just re-released his new YA offering, Last Dragonslayer, which is a great jokey sort of fantasy.
The thing about smartphones is they tend to get cheaper the more people you have on a plan. Right now, my parents, DH and I, plus my cousin are all on one plan and we just give my mom the money to pay the bill since she gets the best discount, but it works out to about $35 per person that way. We have Sprint with unlimited data, since we don't use very many minutes but we use a lot of data. Smartphones are great when you have them, and I only upgraded from a regular 9-number keypad 2 years ago, and now its hard to remember how much less convenient a lot of minutiae was 2 years ago ... so don't know if I'd recommend it as its hard to go back.
Thanks for the recommendations! As for smart phones, I know what you mean. My regular phone is still on my parents' plan, since it's so much cheaper for them to just add an extra line than for me and DH to get our own plan. I'll have to investigate with her a little more as to how much extra another smart phone would actually be. And the addiction to smart phones is one of the reasons why I've resisted for so long!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #83
taaren

Hiya folks! We're getting close ... not a whole lot has changed. I've been enjoying playing with the TouringPlans App and making my own plans. Mostly it helps me get a sense of where stuff is in the park with the personalized maps that get printed out from them.

We've decided that Michael will be our driver and keeping the car while we're on the cruise, which saves us paying for parking and saves them from paying for a shuttle to/from Universal. A lot of times when I visit California its cheaper to have him pick up a car in the suburbs rather than me picking one up at the airport, so he's used to being my chauffer.

Also my cruise group decided to do a very small FE gift exchange, which is fun. I didn't want to do another one, because on my October cruise it ended up being 45 cabins, which was way too many! (We arrived late to the FE party, didn't realize there had been a decision not to split up groups if there were more than 20 rooms.) But this FE only has 7 cabins, which will be fun. I've already ordered some fun gifts, since I'm not crafty at all.

Made it through DS6's birthday party, the kids had a great time. Ordered the Gatorland tickets and the groceries today. Made the SandCastle Club reservation last week for the night we'll be doing the IllumiNations cruise as adults-only. Oh, and I made a spreadsheet of more specific costs of what we plan on spending on food ... looks like we'll definitely be able to keep it under $1K. We're pretty light eaters, lots of times DH & I share meals.

I keep putting off posting since I'm hoping to announce that I've been hired ... keep going to interviews, but no offers yet. Too many applicants in my field I guess. Got another one next week ... last mainland trip before the real one! Then I can actually pack!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #84
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

You're not too far from your trip now!! And your spreadsheet looks awesome, by the way. I'd like to set up something similar for our upcoming trips, so I have a better idea of what we'll be spending!

Good luck with your job interviews, hope you get something soon!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #85
taaren

So I still have more interviews for jobs in California, but have been offered an open-ended casual faculty position here on Maui at the community college where I worked for a semester a year ago, so I can at least not substitute teach anymore. And of the libraries I've worked in so far, this was by far my favorite place to work ... college kids are a lot of fun to work with.

This means I can finally get excited about the trip! Leaving on Thursday night, my checklist for the trip is down to just the packing. Booked the Spirit of the Swamp airboat ride, confirmed the IllumiNations cruise, printed backups of all my paperwork, prepaid for all the "extras" on the cruise. The FE gifts are in my suitcase, as are special clothes for the few event-y type of things. Still not 100% that I know how we're getting from point A to point B when we get there (outside the parks/park-resort, etc), but that might be one of those things we can figure out as we go along or just taxi it more if we end up hating the buses.

DS6 asked for Xmas lights, so I'm going to go see if I can find some suction cup snowflake lights to put on the sliding glass doors of our room ...
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #86
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip is soooo soon. Love your schedule. You have so many fun things planned.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #87
KatieJoy
Earning My Ears

Walgreens here has battery operated Christmas lights, if that would work. I was thinking about getting some Disney Christmas window clings from there as well.
KatieJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #88
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJoy View Post
Walgreens here has battery operated Christmas lights, if that would work. I was thinking about getting some Disney Christmas window clings from there as well.
Oddly enough, when filling out the travel journal, Sam put under the "What was your favorite thing about the hotel?". "Decorating the windows ...".
View of the lake, boat, fireworks, easy access to two parks, lots of space and he likes decorating the windows!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #89
taaren

So I'm going to do a bit of a TR here in order to help organize my thoughts, and I might take some of the highlights to the group TR on the December thread ...

So day 0: travel days. Flights from Maui to Oakland went well, spent that night at the Courtyard Oakland on Marriott points, and there was a In N Out across the street, which my DH used to work at so he had to have. The airport shuttle driver was nice enough to take us through the drive through which was the only thing open by the time we checked in. Great service at Marriott as usual.

The next morning out of Oakland, as we're on the airport shuttle back to the airport, I get a message that our flight leaving OAK is delayed at least 45 minutes ... we have an hour layover in Kansas to get to our connecting MCO flight! I was freaking out the entire flight, which boarded an hour and a half late, afraid they we'd be spending the night in Kansas and our dining credits from OKW would go to waste, etc, etc ... Fortunately they held the plane in Kansas since pretty much everybody on our plane was connecting to three flights, so it worked out and the flight left Kansas just 20 minutes late. We even got into MCO about 5 minutes after scheduled. DH took some pix of DS with the tree in MCO, this airport was gorgeous and empty when we got in and headed down to ME, where DH, DS6 and I met up with DBFB's family.

Can you tell we haven't eaten lunch yet and its 9:30p?

Katie and I were super excited but tired since somehow the DH's hadn't been the ones child-wrangling on either of our planes ...

ME left for OKW within a few minutes of our checking in, which was good. We got to OKW at 10:15p or so, got our dining credits, and were hungry! So we asked where we could use them. Everyplace was closed at OKW, so the front desk clerk gave us a list of pizza/chinese delivery options.

The studios at OKW were huge, felt like nearly the size of my house (which is only 600 square feet), having the 2 queens was great, though with the time change we had trouble getting to sleep even after the pizza came and we ate.

In the morning, the light woke DS6 up, so we finished off the pizza for breakfast (yay fridge and microwave in the studio!), then went to get our refillable mugs from Goods to Go! and wandered around to check out the pool, etc before getting on the bus to AKV.

I can see why people love OKW for the resort-ey sort of stay that doesn't emphasize the parks. DS really wanted to go to the pool and/or play with some of the boat rentals, but we wanted to get to Animal Kingdom! OKW feels like a condo on Maui though, so I wouldn't want to own there because when I'm on vacation, I want to feel like I'm on vacation ...

Next up, AKV.

Last edited by taaren; 12-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #90
taaren

So December 1, AK. We had our luggage (which had been held from DME last night since we didn't want to be woken up), along with our carry-ons sent over to BLT at Bell Services.

Waited ~15 minutes for the bus, got to AKV just after rope drop (~9:15a). Exchanged the Photopass+ voucher for the actual card, then headed to Kilimanjaro Safari, which was walk-on. The park felt crowded but the rides were pretty much all walk-on. Guess everybody was in the walk ways?

Saw all the usual suspects, it was still cool and not too sunny so the animals were awake and moving around.

We were impressed with the Disney version of a zoo.

Then grabbed some fruit since we were hungry again but Kusafiri didn't have the cupcakes out yet and we didn't want danishes, went on the Pangani trail which was fun. Kids liked the hippos and all the guides to figure out what the animals were.

Sent the DH's to Expedition Everest to get FP's while Katie and I grabbed our snack-credit cupcakes:

Zebra one was the best, though the elephant and bear paw ones were tasty too!

Walked the trail in Asia (Maharajah?), decided to save Kali River Rapids for a day when we had slippers and panchos, and paused to use our Photopass in front of the Tree of Life.
Had a really difficult time getting the kids to make "normal" faces ...

DH & DS6 in front of Everest.

Rode Everest with FPs and Switchpasses so all the adults got to ride 2x and the two older children got to try it once, then declined to go a second time. (The youngest was a few inches shy of the height requirement.)

Watched Finding Nemo, which is one of my favorite movies of all time, and liked the Fish are Friends song but otherwise it was just okay. Opted to eat at Flame Tree earlier rather than later since we knew we were having Garden Grill at 7p. It was delicious, except for the included desserts. DS6 got the pulled pork sandwich, and the adults got the chicken and ribs plates to share between couples. The BBQ sauce made it better than it would have been without.

Rode Dinosaur, which the boys loved, then let them play in the Boneyard, everything was walk on though the yard was crowded. Boys decided they wanted to ride Triceratop Spin while the others went on Whirl. Got a picture/autographs with Santa Goofy, then decided we could use a rest since it was about 3:30p, and headed to take a bus to BLT. Caught one as soon as we walked up, perfect timing.

Took just a few min, we checked in at the Contemporary since that's where the bus took us. Found out our two requests had been met: high floor, we got 12th, and the even numbered 2 bedroom so it was on the outside of the "C". As a bonus, it happened to be on the North side of the tower, and we had a spectacular view of the lake and MK.

Room 8202 was at the end of the hall, and everything worked perfectly, it was immaculate.

After getting our bags at the room and having a bit of down time, we headed over to Epcot via the monorail. Made it to Garden Grill, just in time, they combined our two ADR's for 4 people and were seated after waiting just 10 minutes, all the food was delicious. The kids really enjoyed the character interactions, especially when they got chipmunks and Pluto to dance Gundam style.
Adults got in on the fun too. Another video of characters and kids dancing. All videos are under 30 seconds.

Kids and DH & Katie went back via the monorail while Katie's DH and I went in search of alcohol via taxi (the boys had earlier looked for alcohol at the Contemporary but not found any). When we got back the fireworks were showing at the MK.

Went to sleep exhausted after Michael arrived and we used the last of the CS dining credits we hadn't used on lunch at the Contempo Cafe.

Last edited by taaren; 01-08-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: