Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Tanners
Disney Bride to be

Any disney photographer recommendations?

I'm having a hard time choosing my photography package. We are having an escape wedding and feel that I should probably upgrade the package since the escape wedding only includes 20 5x7 prints. I was also hoping for a disney photographer referall. I asked my wedding planner but she said they are all very good. Not sure what to do!!! please help!
Tanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We had Regina for our vow renewal and she was great to work with. I was very happy with our pictures. I looked around at the photos people posted in their planning journals and really liked her work so I put in a request for her. Good luck!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Regina, Regina, Regina!!!! We had her for our MK and EPCOT shoots and she was fantastic!

We had Amy for our honeymoon shoot but was dissappointed really... though I know others really loved her.

If I was going to do any shoot again, i'd request Regina.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
SnowWhiteLove
Earning My Ears

Do you have to get a Disney official photographer? Maybe you can hire outside of Disney and get a style you prefer that fits you better.
SnowWhiteLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #5
Tinker Bell Fan
DIS Veteran

I requested Amy, Mike Strickland, and Regina for our VR in April because of seeing their work from brides that had them for their weddings. I did not get either of them (one was on vacation, one was getting married and one was the photog at that wedding)!

So we were assigned Stephanie. She was good and very easy to work with. We upgraded to the Cinderella "D" package (I think). We're getting 24 8x10s in an album, the DVD, and an 11x14 photo (plus 4x6 copies of every single picture). We LOVE the pictures, but the only thing I was disappointed in was the fact she only took 130 pictures (we got just over 150 pictures but some are the same shot only in black & white).

Here is a link to our photos online: http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Username: Henshaw Vow Renewal
Password: 1971

DH & I talked about getting an outside photographer, but honestly because of the cost we went with the upgrade through Disney.
Me (Michelle) Hubby (Steve) dog (Muffy) cat (RIP - Kaht - 1990-2011) DVC members since 2006 (SSR) Trips: 1976 (off-sight); 1994 (Coronado); 1990 (off-site); 2006 (FW cabin; SSR); 2007 (SSR); 2008 (SSR); 2009 (SSR); 2011 (BWV; SSR); 2012 (BWV)
Tinker Bell Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
DisneyBride1207
Not close enough to the World!

We had Ty and Mike Strickland and I think Amy on our list of likes! (I think), they had an edgier style so that's why we prefer them. I regularly read about brides that have used Amy or Regina, so I think they are more common and seem to be great! I think it boils down to what you are looking for in terms of style. Then, search their names through reviews on here to see what brides say about their experiences with that particular photographer!

DisneyBride1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
lea007
Mouseketeer

On our wedding day the other week we had darren - he seemed really nice but didn't seem to be doing a lot (photos may turn out better than i think) on our MK shoot we had amy and regina and those two i would highly recommend.
lea007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
Tanners
Disney Bride to be

Thank you so much for the great info everyone. I love the pictures they are beautiful. I will have to do some more research since I have been thinking about an outside photographer, mostly because of the time frame of the escape wedding. I really want to take advantage of the boardwalk location. Thanks everyone, happy weddings!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Regina!!! We had her for our engagement shoot and loved both her and the pictures. We had her again for our wedding this past Saturday and she showed us some pictures she shot and they were just amazing! I can't wait to see all of them! And we have her booked for our MK bridal shoot in August!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
Tanners
Disney Bride to be

So I'm still undecided. So far i've been looking at Randy CHapman, the roots, and Amy Alexander from disney photography. So if any of you fabulous disney brides out there want to post some of your pics from these photographers,it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
disneybex
Mouseketeer

There are loads of great albums on Randy Chapman's facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...hy/59588386276

That is what made us take the plunge and choose him for our wedding

November 2011: Old Key West and our WDW Wedding
September 2010: Coronado Springs
September 2009: Hotel Cheyenne
disneybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Firefly09
going through Disney withdrawals

Did they change the basic Escape photography?? I thought it only came with a 20 print 4x6 album not 5x7?
Firefly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
lea007
Mouseketeer

Randy was our main photographer on our wedding day and i highly recommend him and yes its true what every disbride says about him. I deal with photographers all the time and must say hes one of the best i've worked with. He's really lovely and his pics are fantastic. I've yet to hear a bride whos had him and not been satisified (if there is one).

Personally i think Randy under prices himself if you look at all the other photographers prices who are mentioned on here, which is a bonus for all us disbrides. Randy also never clock watches so your more than likely get a lot longer photography time than what you have paid for.

You wont be sorry if you book him.
lea007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanners View Post
So I'm still undecided. So far i've been looking at Randy CHapman, the roots, and Amy Alexander from disney photography. So if any of you fabulous disney brides out there want to post some of your pics from these photographers,it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!!
We had the Roots, loved them and the photos. There are lots posted in my PJ, the link in my signature will bring you to the index and you can see photos from the entire day.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #15
D23Bride
Earning My Ears

If you want the best you should check out David & Vicki Ardnt! They are amazing!!!!! They will make you feel comfortable while capturing your special day. We've received so many compliments on our pictures, guestbook & thank you's. They took our engagement, welcome party & wedding day pics & we can't wait to book them again!

http://www.davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/

January 15, 2011 WP/ADH

D23Bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, escape., photographer, photography, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: