Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
dfmalone
Disneyian In His Prime

Have you Witness this??

Ok, I think everybody agrees with me when I say we all go to Disney in part to have a good time, RIGHT??. Well on my last visit, we were at AK, and this lady along with her kids was walking beside my wife and I and cursing up a storm, I mean dropping curse words left and right, and from what I can pick up was that she was P off about it raining. I mean COME ONE, your in FLORIDA!!! My wife and I thought it was totally uncalled for giving that fact that she had littles ones AND talking very loudly to the point where people were looking back at her. Im guilty of cursing, but I know when, where and who am I around not to do it. Has anyone ever witness such behavior?

2011 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2010 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 WDW Old Key West, 2008 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort ,2007 WDW Grosvenor Inn
Me and the Wife
dfmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Oh, totally. But not just at Disney, I've seen it almost everywhere. It's sad that people just can't remember where they are, who's around them, but most importantly, who they're with. It's sad that her kids have to deal with that.

Some people kind of feel like they're getting ripped off if it rains....their money's getting wasted. ( we actually heard someone say that... it was hilarious). Like it was Disney's fault. We debated going in June because of the rain (for our next trip) and my DH said, "so what if it rains, we go inside a store or on a ride, we won't melt". This is why I love him.

What's more sad though, if that's how she acts in public, how bad does it get in private ?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Disneykidsdad
Mouseketeer

I have seen the same type of thing too. People feel that because they are spending so much money on vacation that everything has to go their way. Even the weather. Like Disney can control that. Maybe in the future.
Just remenber one thing...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
princess jackie
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately I have a potty mouth (sorry). However I do not curse loudly or in front of kids.

I was in a situation last night at my Grandmas birthday get together where my brother (who is 34) decided to curse repeatedly and loudly in the middle of the restraunt in front of not only his kids but my kids and several other families as well. It was very uncomfortable sitting at the same table with him.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
princess jackie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneykidsdad View Post
Just remenber one thing...YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!
: maybe there will also be a way to fix this in the future!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
BAMLuvMickey
Mouseketeer

I am definitly guilty of having a potty mouth when i am upset. HOWEVER, I watch it in front of my kids(although they have witnessed it not gonna lie) but I definitly DO NOT do it in public... I feel that it is very "tacky" to see people do it in public and I do not want to come across like that to others.

My mouth has gotten better since "THE JAR" has been instated at my house!

When I say a bad word in front of my boys, I have to pick out of this jar that my boyfriend made up of mostly horrible chores to do like cleaning out his truck (YUCK!) and then some fun ones like play a bored game with the kids...

BAMLuvMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I will admit that I feel cheated if the weather isn't perfect when I go to Disney. But I certainly don't blame Disney and I don't think others do either. If I'm going to Florida I expect to have hot, humid, sunny weather. We usually go at the end of August and I know there will be storms in the afternoons. However, last year we went in April and it rained more during that trip than any other trip. We were only able to go to the pool one day, and that happened to be the day the cheerleaders began arriving. I was disappointed. I didnt' let it ruin my vacation, but I definitely was disappointed and upset. I can stay home and see rain like that, I don't need to go all the way to Florida.

As for the potty mouth, yeah I got one of those, but I do mind my P's and Qs (or F's and S's as the case might be ) when I'm in Disney.

I'm going to a Caribbean island in about a month and I will be very disappointed if I get there and it rains the whole time or, worse yet, a hurricane. I know it's a chance you take, but I won't deny I will be very upset.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
TGaines107
Mouseketeer

Completely uncalled for. Speak up. Some would not want to be confrontational and neither would I but in that instance I'd just say...
"Excuse me but we're in a family enviroment and your cursing is completely unacceptable." Then your confronted by a couple options. You get cussed out in which case you turn your back on them and immediately explain to your family why this is not acceptable and move on or they're shamed into keeping quiet. Thats if it was a woman.
If it was a guy, it'd be more stronger with a "Hey man, I dont know what your problem is but I've got kids here and none of us need to be listening to that crap. For the love of God, we're in a family park. Tone it down a bit." and then move on explaining to your kids why thats not acceptable.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
txmom0507
Earning My Ears

I hate it when people do that around kids!! I've been known to let one fly every now and again, but it's not when the kids are around me, and normally it's when I'm REALLY upset. We were at the Rangers ball game last night with my family and there were more than one who were letting words fly. We were able to get away from them and not have to say anything, but if not we would have asked them to please stop in front of our kids.

As for the weather - sheesh, it's Florida! Isn't that kind of like me complaining that it's hot in Texas? Some things you just know are going to happen.

80's - 1st trip, 94 - PO (Dixie Landings), 96 - Offsite, 03 - offsite/HONEYMOON, 09 - CBR, 11 - POR
txmom0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
JustCallMeMommy
DIS Veteran

I truly believe that some people can't be happy unless they are complaining about something.

JustCallMeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
grandmadebby2
DIS Veteran

Stupid happens everywhere. Yesterday at WalMart a woman called her kid a "Worthless piece of trash" It broke my heart to hear it. Disney might be magical but some things can't be fixed with magic.

2013 Art of Animation - 2012 Bonnet Creek - 2011 Pop Century / Bonnet Creek - 2010 Pop Century - 2009 All Star Music / Bonnet Creek - 2008 All Star Music / Bonnet Creek - 2007 Bonnet Creek - 2006 Bonnet Creek - 2005 At Relatives House - 2003 Cypress Palms - 2001 Cypress Palms

To have God on your side doesn't mean sailing a boat with no storms, it means having a boat that no storm can sink!"

grandmadebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeMommy View Post
I truly believe that some people can't be happy unless they are complaining about something.
Hello, I see you've met my mother!

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I'll put my two cents worth it; it is all about respect.

I respect that there are families with young children at Disney and I refrain from that type of language.

I respect that there are people from all types of backgrounds who are not exposed to that sort of language (like my niece and nephew, who grow up in a very religious family). When I am around them, I refrain from using that type of language.

I have a job in a field which is male-dominated and that type of language is often thrown around. When I arrive on-site, it ceases because the men have respect for my authority and my position.

Most of these people have no respect for others and don't care what others think of their behavior. It is sad and shouldn't be tolerated.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

I have god awful potty mouth but i hold it together in places that i know kids will be. there is no reason to subject anyone to that behavior at a family park?

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

We were in Mickey's Judges Tent and the guy in front of us dropped a couple of F bombs on his wife and daughter because they were not moving fast enough to get ready for their picture. CMs did their best to smooth it over for the poor little girl, but it was not magical, to say the least.

Tags
disney, rude, trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: