Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

I have a question about cabin configuration on the Magic...

We are booked in cabin #6503, an inside cabin. On the deck plans the room is sideways. Where is the door and how is the room setup?

Just curious! TIA

Deemarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
irishdadx4
We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year. Walt Disney

The sideways cabins are great. we were in 6511 on the Wonder back in Dec for the Disboards podcast cruise 2.0.

These cabins are great..most people that have stayed in them and regular inside cabins seem to prefer the layout better. that the room flows better, and they seem to be more square in shape versus long and skinny. I have attached a picture with the general layout of our room. This is not to scale, but should give you an idea how the cabins are laid out. We had a steamer trunk in our cabin, but I don't know if 6503 has a steamer trunk. The trunk was between the tv cabinet and the desk. I did not put it in the picture.

Enjoy.

Me & DW, DD DS DD
6/83 offsite -- 8/09 POP -- 12/09 ASMu 8/10 POP 12/10 DCL 8/11 PoFQ 8/25/13 PoFQ
irishdadx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Thanks, so much! I think we are going to like this. It's our first inside cabin and DH was getting "testy"! Spoiled!!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

We preferred it to the Secret Porthole room...you can tell your DH that to calm him perhaps.
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I'm pretty sure all the 'sideways' cabins have a steamer trunk...another great advantage over the 'regular' Cat 11 staterooms.

They didn't design any sideways inside cabins on the Dream however.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Thanks, NewbyDisney! We were on the Dream in May with a veranda & have always had a veranda on our other Disney cruises. We live in NJ and are going on the NY Cruise for 2 nights in 2012 with our friends and we are all staying in an inside cabin. We are in the "sideways" cabin, they are in regulars ones.

DH will get a porthole in Sept of 2012 to go to Canada! And we are planning another trip on the Dream for Sept 2013! He can have his veranda again! Boy, I have spoiled him!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdadx4 View Post
The sideways cabins are great. we were in 6511 on the Wonder back in Dec for the Disboards podcast cruise 2.0.

These cabins are great..most people that have stayed in them and regular inside cabins seem to prefer the layout better. that the room flows better, and they seem to be more square in shape versus long and skinny. I have attached a picture with the general layout of our room. This is not to scale, but should give you an idea how the cabins are laid out. We had a steamer trunk in our cabin, but I don't know if 6503 has a steamer trunk. The trunk was between the tv cabinet and the desk. I did not put it in the picture.

Enjoy.
we have cabin 6515, did you hear any extra noise due to the fact that the walls are all in the halls? I mean not backing up to other cabins?? thanks!
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
irishdadx4
We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year. Walt Disney

Sideways cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
we have cabin 6515, did you hear any extra noise due to the fact that the walls are all in the halls? I mean not backing up to other cabins?? thanks!
We did not notice any noise from the hallway, except a little bit of traffic during the day, if we were int he cabin. We didnt spend much time there though...we were always out early and back late....we had a lot to do on the Disboards podcast cruise. ALso since the cabin is bascially at the end of the hall with not many cabins past it, there wasnt alot of traffic in the hall. The only thing that bothered us a bit with the cabin was the fact that the bed as positioned port to starboard, so as the boat rolled side to side, which it did a fair amount as we left port and on the return night....crossing the gulf stream...we would roll in the bed from our feet to our head, and not sideways like we would in one of the regular cabins. We also were on a Dec cruise, and the weather was a bit windy. So depending on when your cruise is, the boat might not be rocking as much. Just wanted to warn you about that.

Mike

Me & DW, DD DS DD
6/83 offsite -- 8/09 POP -- 12/09 ASMu 8/10 POP 12/10 DCL 8/11 PoFQ 8/25/13 PoFQ
irishdadx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdadx4 View Post
We did not notice any noise from the hallway, except a little bit of traffic during the day, if we were int he cabin. We didnt spend much time there though...we were always out early and back late....we had a lot to do on the Disboards podcast cruise. ALso since the cabin is bascially at the end of the hall with not many cabins past it, there wasnt alot of traffic in the hall. The only thing that bothered us a bit with the cabin was the fact that the bed as positioned port to starboard, so as the boat rolled side to side, which it did a fair amount as we left port and on the return night....crossing the gulf stream...we would roll in the bed from our feet to our head, and not sideways like we would in one of the regular cabins. We also were on a Dec cruise, and the weather was a bit windy. So depending on when your cruise is, the boat might not be rocking as much. Just wanted to warn you about that.

Mike
thanks so much for the quick reply!!

we are going in May to Bahamas, hmmm, that worries me as i get motion sickness sometimes.....and have been on very rocky boats before.....I guess i will have to think about it. I do have the option of cancelling my booking and waiting for the VGT rates, as they have shown up on EVERY cruise out of Galveston (since it's not selling well) but then I risk "luck of the draw" . BUT it would be $500 cheaper for the Balcony this way, my inside is at $2450. HMMM.. what to do, what to do.....
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Madhattr
Mouseketeer

We're just off the Magic Christmas cruise last month. Our cabin was 6011 far forward. Loved it, and will book again! We ventured into a couple of normal insides and the sideways does indeed seem more spacious. The layout is just more user friendly. For a little extra space we moved the coffee table to the short wall outside the bathroom. Worked out great and gave us even more navigable space. Also our suitcases were quiet large but we were able to lift the beds and they all fit underneath. My only gripe would be the fact that the drink stations are far aft. Wish they were more central or even put one in the adult area.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

We were in 6003, 6007, and 6011, all sideways rooms, and we loved them!!! Our ship was hit by high winds and waves, and not one of us got sick in the cabin! And out of 7 of us, you'd have thought someone would have. We loved our rooms. Very quiet, at the end of the hall, and we didn't notice any noises except when we were docking (which led to us hurrying to get OUT of the room quicker to see where we were ).
This being our first cruise, we couldn't have asked for better rooms! We think you'll love your sideways room!

'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullins5 View Post
We were in 6003, 6007, and 6011, all sideways rooms, and we loved them!!! Our ship was hit by high winds and waves, and not one of us got sick in the cabin! And out of 7 of us, you'd have thought someone would have. We loved our rooms. Very quiet, at the end of the hall, and we didn't notice any noises except when we were docking (which led to us hurrying to get OUT of the room quicker to see where we were ).
This being our first cruise, we couldn't have asked for better rooms! We think you'll love your sideways room!
This is so great to know about the sideway cabins. We have 5509 on the Magic and concerned about foot traffic and the quietness.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

There are pictures of these in the Virtual Stateroom Tour listed in the FAQ thread at the top of this forum.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: