Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Erica's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Cinderella's Royal Table or Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?

We are heading to WDW in December and to save a little money we are only doing one character meal (in addition to Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique). DD (5) has decided that she wants to eat with the princesses. So should we do Cinderella's Royal Table or Akershus? What princesses usually frequent each one? Are they the same or different at each location? This may help her decide....

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Me-Rebecca

DD-Erica

DS-Liam

Erica's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Thestrongholdsd
Earning My Ears

Just hopping on your thread! Hope you don't mind. I booked both CRT and Akershus. Already pre-paid for CRT and have CC on hold for Akershus. If money wasn't an issue I would like to do both, but as of now I might have to choose one or the other. They both sound amazing though! :] I'm interested to hear what everyone else says.
Thestrongholdsd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
obxlover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica's Mommy View Post
We are heading to WDW in December and to save a little money we are only doing one character meal (in addition to Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique). DD (5) has decided that she wants to eat with the princesses. So should we do Cinderella's Royal Table or Akershus? What princesses usually frequent each one? Are they the same or different at each location? This may help her decide....

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
We have never done CRT but did Akershus in January 2010 for breakfast and it was GREAT. we got a comp picture of Belle in her yellow dress before we went into the dining hall. We saw Ariel (with legs as my DD calls her), Snow White, Cinerella, and Sleeping Beauty. It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait until we can go again. FYI, some friends had lunch at Akershus in November and were impressed as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

We did both on our September trip. CRT lunch and Akershus breakfast. Went back last month and did CRT breakfast. They are both great. I think it would come down to if your DD would think eating in the castle was just the greatest or if she doesn't care. Akershus is definitely cheaper. They both come with photo packages.

What meal are you looking at doing? Breakfast at both I think is excellent. I'm not sure if I would like the Norwegian food Akershus offers for lunch and dinner.

Also, are you wanting to do it after BBB? If you have BBB at the castle, then CRT is right there and would be most convenient.

Our princesses:
Sept. CRT: Cinderella (photo op), Snow White, Belle in blue dress, Ariel, Aurora
Sept. Akershus: Belle in yellow dress (photo op), Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, Ariel
May CRT: Cinderella (photo op), Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora

I want to do both again next time we go.

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
sheila <3 WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Erica's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Thanks! She is obsessed with Jasmine (for right now) and would love to meet her because we missed her and Cinderella on our last trip. I would love to do both, but I think DH can only take so many princesses in one day...

Me-Rebecca

DD-Erica

DS-Liam

Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
mickeytai
DVC Member

We were at CRT in march. No jasmine there! We probably will just go to A next time tosave some money and dining credit. I was told they don't have Cinderella at A but y friend just went and she said all the princesses were there.
2002 Jul Polynesian Resorts (Wedding)
2004 Dec WDW Swan
2008 Mar Port Orleans Riverside
2011 Mar Coronado Springs Resort
2012 Jun Grand California Hotel (first DVC trip, celebrating 10th wedding anniversary)
Upcoming: 2012 Dec AKL + OKW (DVC)
mickeytai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
aloha517
Mouseketeer

I would go w/CRT...My kids didnt care for the food at Akershus....we went for lunch.

aloha517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

We did crt for dinner last year, and both for breakfast this year.akershus was much better food wise. Princesses seemed to take more time there too. Unless your dd has to eat in the castle akershus 100%

We had the same princesses at both this year.only difference was cinderella photo at crt and belle at akershus.we saw belle,cinderella, snow white, aurora,and ariel. Last year jasmine was at crt instead of belle at dinner
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
Erica's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I am definitely concerned about the food because she and I both are a little picky. I wish there was a way to tell what princesses are where for sure. I am definitely leaning towards CRT, but I can't decide!

Me-Rebecca

DD-Erica

DS-Liam

Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
shawnh199
Mouseketeer

We did breakfast at both last week. It was our 3rd time at Akershus and our first at CRT.

I don't know if we will do CRT again (mainly for it's cost), but it was lovely. The princesses come out one by one after a small story is told about them (we had Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Belle - blue dress and pics with Cinderella downstairs). My girls 4 & 8 really enjoyed the wonder of being in the castle. They thought it was really neat to get a wand and wishing star as well, but you do pay for those in the hefty price of the meal.
The food was OK, standard breakfast food. It was something we were excited to do once, especially with the girls at the ages they were this time, but I don't know about future trips. I guess we can wait and see if the girls request it. This was a Mommy and Daddy surprise for the girls this time.

Akershus is a must do for us with a pre-rope drop ADR on our Epcot day. Yes, it is standard breakfast food, but it was much better here than at CRT. Plus you get the cold buffet of meats, cheese, pastries, fruit and salmon. My favorite part of the meal is the cheesy potato casserole. It's delicious. The princesses are great here as well. They seemed to be less rushed than CRT. We had Mary Poppins, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, and pics with Belle - yellow dress at the front. Mary Poppins was beautiful, but we would have preferred Jasmine (she was there sometime that week according to someone we spoke to on one of our many bus rides.)

You cannot go wrong with either. If you want the total Princess experience and can afford it, try both! We met them at both restaurants, plus Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare (highly recommend this one too), different places around Epcot and at the meet and greet at Magic Kingdom and the girls never got tired of seeing them again. One of these days they may grow out of meeting the Princesses, but we will continue to eat breakfast at Akershus. I consider it a family tradition now.
shawnh199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
djp0630
DIS Veteran

I have eaten at both CRT & Akershus for breakfast & lunch. CRT & Akershus for lunch in 2009 & CRT & Akershus for breakfast in 2010.

At Akershus both times, it was Belle greeting & picture with, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White & Sleeping Beauty.

At CRT in 2009, it was Cinderella greeting, Jasmine, Belle in her blue dress, sleeping beauty & Snow White. In 2010 (Ariel Grotto was closed), it was Cinderella greeting, Ariel, Belle in blue dress, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White.

We like breakfast better at both places. Personally, Akershus is less rushed and we loved the cheesy potatoes. But there is something special about eating in the castle. Our first trip, we did BBB and then lunch in the castle and I liked that. So in your case, I would do CRT. It's more expensive, and it's more rushed, but it's the CASTLE! Worth it at least once. I think if we went back, we'd probably just do Akershus, unless DD asked to go back to CRT.

Enjoy, both are fun!

DS - 5 years old
Twins - DD & DS - 3 years old

Many trips growing up (CBR, Poly, PFQ)
Contemporary - August 2003
BLT- September 2009

BCV - May 2010
BCV - August 2012
djp0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

OP, do CRT.....it's in the Castle....she'll LOVE it. I've got three daughters and their most fond memories of WDW is involve our meals there. Also, if your visit is anywhere NEAR your anniversary be sure to mention it and they will give you two wine glasses you can take with you. We have our's in our china cabinet and I can't help but smile everytime I look at them. I wish you the trip of a lifetime.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #13
Heard02
Mouseketeer

Last October we did both.....CRT for lunch and Akershus for dinner.
It was my first time to Akershus and had been to CRT a few times before. My choice would be CRT. Akershus in my opinion seemed to be a crowded mess. Food at Akershus did not seem as kid friendly either, but that isn't my reasoning for not caring for the place.
If I rember correctly at CRT we saw Cinderella, Fairy God Mother, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Jasmine.
At Akershus we saw Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel.

Either way, enjoy!
--Contemporary Dec96//Port Orleans Dec99//DCL Wonder Dec99//Coronado Springs Oct02//DCL Wonder May04//Animal Kingdom Lodge May04//Grand Floridian Sep05//DCL Wonder Oct07//Polynesian Oct 07//DCL Wonder Jul08///Grand Floridian Oct08//Coronado Springs Nov08//DCL Wonder Dec08//Boardwalk Inn Sep09///Grand Floridian Oct09/DCL Magic Oct09//Boardwalk Inn Oct09//Villas at Wilderness Lodge Apr10//Boardwalk Inn Oct10//DCL Wonder Nov10//DCL Wonder May11//DCL Dream Oct11//Polynesian Oct11//DCL Dream Apr12//Art of Animation and Beach Club Oct12//DCL Magic Nov12//Pop Century Jul13//Beach Club Oct13//DCL Fantasy Nov13//Wilderness Lodge Mar14//DCL Fantasy May14--Contemporary Oct14
Heard02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

My DH and I absolutely loved eating at CRT on our trip last summer. DH liked it so much that he requested it twice for the upcoming trip (I'm wondering if I should be concerned). We are also going to try Ankershus for the first time but for breakfast only. I am a recovering picky eater but I've seen the menu for Ankershus after breakfast and nothing appealed to me as worth trying.

Every time we have gone to CRT, Cinderella has greeted us in the lobby and we met Snow White, Belle (in her blue dress), Aurora and Ariel.

If Jasmine is a must, you can look for her near the Magic Carpet ride in Adventureland or in Morocco at the World Showcase. If Belle in her yellow dress is a must, you can always check out the princess meet and greet at the new Mickey Meet and Greet on Main St. next to Tony's in MK.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #15
Erica's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I am definitely leaning towards CRT now. We are going to do BBB and then hit there. Is one meal better than another?

@OP Who do we tell it's our anniversary? When we make the reservation?

Me-Rebecca

DD-Erica

DS-Liam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: