Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
JamKen
Earning My Ears

Looking for advice

I know this is last minute and I will probably never get a reservation but I guess it is worth a shot. So we are headed to Orlando next week. Hubby and I always take a date night and my parents watch the little one. I have been looking at the dinner shows and nothing is grabbing my attention. We are not doing Disney this trip. We have that all booked for October. However I was thinking a nice Resort restaurant might be a good date night. Maybe something we could see the fireworks from. Any thoughts on this?? We have never stayed on property because we have a place to stay in Kissimmee so I would love to see some of the properties, wander around and have a nice meal and maybe catch a glimpse of some fireworks. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks
Jamie
JamKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

You'll want to check the times of the fireworks on the night you're looking at.
Possibilites include: at the poly - ohana, at Wilderness Lodge there's Artist's Point (nicer "upscale")...at the Contemp..there's Cali grille, but that's most likely not to have space. Personally I'd go with Artist's point....or, for no fireworks Jiko at animal kingdom lodge (if you can get in)

HTH

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

California Grill first comes to mind at CR, then Narcosse at GF..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I agree, California Grill or Narcoossee's would be nice. You might be able to get a reservation because people do cancel. When we went in May I was able to get a reservation at Narcoosee's less than a week ahead of time. Otherwise, Kona Cafe in the Polynesian is good too, and you could walk out onto the beach to watch the fireworks from there.

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Perfect date night itinerary:
Depending on how adventurous you are, and how much time you have, I would book a table at bluezoo at the Dolphin, then drive to the Dolphin, park the car and dine there. Chances are pretty good that you can get a table there last minute. While California Grill may fit the bill on all accounts, it may be hard to get in. For my money, bluezoo is the best meal on property that you can get with the least advance notice or effort. And since you are not on a meal plan, it does not matter that this place doesn't take the plan.

Next, take a cab from the Dolphin to the Contemporary. (Or if the buses are running regularly, hop a bus to the MK, then walk (or monorail) from there to your next stop). See if you can get in to the bar area of the California Grill for a glass of wine or cocktail, and enjoy your drink(s) until it is time for the fireworks. If you cannot get in to the CG, then I would head to the fourth floor balcony viewing area and watch the fireworks from there. Alternatively, if you get shut out at the CG, or would prefer something else, you could hop on the monorail from the Contemporary and get off at the Poly or Grand Floridian. If at the Poly, head out to the pool area where there is a bar and great fireworks viewing. If at the GF, go to Mizner's for a cocktail and watch the fireworks from the shore there. Whichever place you go, when you are done, make your way to the Magic Kingdom bus depot (walk if you are at Contemporary, or take monorail if you are at Poly or GF). At the depot, catch the bus to the Swan/Dolphin and head back to where you started and pick up your car. If you still have time (depending on how late you want to stay out), you could stroll the Boardwalk for a bit. Maybe grab an ice cream or something while you walk hand-in-hand around the promenade.

Pretty much a perfect date in my book.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: