Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #1501
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Love the TN update. Beautiful pictures, as always!

Oh, and I like your hair a little longer...very cute!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #1502
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Awesome family picture...but that drive....I would be crying too. I think after 10 hours I would just say we have to stop and screw work the next day. LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #1503
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Love the TN update. Beautiful pictures, as always!

Oh, and I like your hair a little longer...very cute!
Thanks Missy! It's funny that you mentioned the long hair 'cause I'm about to make an appointment to get it cut. Long hair is too much work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Awesome family picture...but that drive....I would be crying too. I think after 10 hours I would just say we have to stop and screw work the next day. LOL
John and Hunter did say "screw work/school" the next day but I went to work like a dumb bunny. It's harder for me to take off work since I'm the only person in the office besides my boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
I'm all caught up! Boy, I got SOOOO far behind. That drive home sounded just horrible. Bad enough to be stuck in traffic, but raining too? Gotta say -- I'm loving your family picture. You all just look very happy to be together.

Congrats on conquering Clingman's Dome! That's one thing we never got to during our visits to the area. It's on my list for whenever we make it back there, though. That whole area is just so gorgeous.
The rain made the wait/drive even worse. I was totally done by the time we got home.

You need to put Clingman's Dome on your list of places to visit. It's a heck of a hike though and I seriously won't go back without starting some sort of walking program before we go. It's rough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your day in Gaitlinburg sounds like so much fun and I'm so glad you found a place to park. I was there once in July and all I can say is O M G! Worst traffic EVER!

I know I missed several updates while I was away and I can't see pics right now, but I'll be back.

Enjoy your long weekend and I'm sorry you didn't get the bonus you expected. And the way you boss communicates - pftt. That stinks!
The traffic in both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg was horrible! It was always bumper to bumper.

My boss has all sorts of b-lls when it come to the courtroom but was scared to tell me about my bonus cut. Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Glad you had fun in TN! And YAY for them coming down for Christmas!!! We were suppose to leave Christmas Eve to go to GA for a few days and Friday was going to be our "Christmas Eve" because I have a strict Santa comes to MY house rule (Plus, we don't have enough room to pack up our presents PLUS all the presents from family in our car! We'd have to rent a uhaul!). But I have been fairly sick (I have a staph infection ), and the doctor doesn't want me to be too far from home.

And Boo to your silly boss!! Seems like you two know each other well enough that he could talk to you face to face about things! MEN!
I don't blame you for wanting to be home on Christmas Eve. Who wants to pack up all the presents and go somewhere else?

I hate that you have been sick. Are you feeling better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
That photo of the 5 of you is really great. That drive home sounds terrible, though. 17 hours is a looong time to be stuck in traffic- especially in the rain, too!!
In case I'm not online in the next few days, Merry Christmas to you and to your family! I hope you have a fantastic time visiting with Lacey & Jesse.
I liked the picture too but you can tell we were all tired. I crammed as much as I could into those two days and we were pooped.

We did have a great visit with Lacey and Jesse and I teared up when they left to go back to Tennessee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
What a great family picture!

A tidbit on Mellow Mushroom- My husband works/worked for the original guys who created Mellow Mushroom. My DH has a grading business and does some of the work for them since they live around us. The three original creater/owners have since parted ways but DH still does work for them. One guy still owns the name and another guy started another local pizza place in town. Mellow Mushroom is awesome.
What a cool story! So, do you guys get discounts at Mellow Mushroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Sounds like it was a great trip! Minus the ride home. But you have to take the bad with the good right? Can't imagine living so far away from my family, I do not know how you all do it! So wonderful Lacey is so happy. I hope you all have a wonderful family Christmas together!

Also about your bonus, don't blame you for being upset. We had a similar issue here at work.
We definitely took the bad with the good on that trip. It was one heck of a drive home and I couldn't wait to pull into my driveway.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes. We had a wonderful visit with our entire family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Love, love, LOVE your family picture! You need to frame that one
I would have been crying too if it took me 17 hours to get home driving 2 miles an hour

Sorry to hear about your Christmas bonus, and the way you were told. YAY on getting friday and Monday off form work.
I probably will frame the picture as it was one of my favorites from the trip.

I could tell that my boss was embarassed when he gave me my bonus check. He didn't even look at me when he handed it to me. Oh well, I am thankful that I at least got something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I was 11 days behind but I spent the night catching up!

That was funny with mama and the obstacle course with Lacey and Hunter and the wheelchair races!

I loved the video with MS and S. I'm going to show River tomorrow and I know he'll say "why didn't you do that mom?''

I loved the outdoor pics from your thanksgiving trip. Thats great you got up the nerve to do Clingmans Dome but I wish you would have had better weather so you could have seen more. Sorry to hear the J.P. boat ride was a bust but thats great John told them his wife would write about it on the internet and you did!

I'm sorry your bonus wasn't what you counting on it being. But glad to hear you got Friday and Monday off to be with your family. I'm off until Wednesday. The new mean bosses where I worked got the boot and they brought back the nice ones and everyone else that was let go

I hope you enjoy your time with Lacey and Jesse and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I read on Jen's report that you got your job back! I am sooooo very happy fro you.

I hope that you all had a great Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
I'm way behind on posting but have been keeping up with reading! I enjoyed hearing about the Thanksgiving trip, and glad it was so good except for the nightmare trip home.
I'm so happy for you that you will have your little family circle intact at Christmas! Hope it is wonderful, as i am sure it will be!!
(And happy that the Christmas bonus wasn't cut as much as he said!!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY FAVORITE DIS PAL!!
Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Merry Christmas!!!!

We ate at Mellow Mushroom also---but on Friday night. Keith enjoyed it so much we ate at the one here locally the following weekend. I never could get him to go prior to the Gatlinburg experience! I think the Moonshine place is super cool! I tried it once and since I really don't drink much I thought I was going to die when it went down! Especially the lightening one! I could tolerate the apple pie. I think those moonshiners must have been desperate to get drunk to drink that stuff constantly!

I found the sign warning people to not buy there hilarious! I wonder the story behind it? That road out of Sevierville was !!!!! We tend to avoid going that way at all costs because it has never been a good experience!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy having Lacey and Jesse home!!!
If we ever go back to Pigeon Forge, I'm going to get driving directions home from you. If there's a way around that entire mess, I'm taking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sounds like a great day in Gatlinburg. Love the family photo -- it's great.

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Joyeux Noel to you and your family!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Merry Christmas to you Lisa, and all of your family!
Thanks to you all!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #1504
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Happy two days after Christmas! I hope that everybody had a great holiday and are gearing up for the next one....New Years! If ya'll are anything like our family, you're going to be doing a little of this and a little of this: and a whole lotta with some of this thrown in for good measure. Yeah, right, get real! We probably won't even make it to Midnight before we are safe and sound in our beds.

I might and that's a big might stay up long enough to listen to whatever the "big announcement" is that Disney is supposed to make on Dick Clark's New Year's Eve Party. Lots of speculation of what that announcement will be. I've seen the short snippit of a video that Disney has posted and I'm anxious to see what it's all about. If I fall asleep before the annoucnement, then I'm sure the Disboards will be teaming with posts the next morning.

Once I get my Christmas pictures uploaded, I'll post some here for you all to see. We had a great Christmas but I was sad to see Lacey and Jesse go. I know that we won't see them again until my niece's wedding which is in March. I miss them already!

I'm going through all of my photobucket pictures so that I can post another Disney installment but I can't seem to find the ones that started our "down day". I ain't giving up though so keep watching for an update.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #1505
TeachLuvsDisney
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that I'm only on page 5 of your TR and I'm really enjoying it.

I haven't really been on Disboards very much but I'm really finding some interesting people and things here! I've been posting my trip reports on another Disney message board site. Maybe I should include it here too?

How do you get to be a Disboard celebrity? Your TR is very popular!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #1506
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caught up on your pics. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I loved all the TN pics and I remember sitting in that exact same traffic heading from Seiverville to Gatlinburg. OMG - 17 hours to get home. That is just insanity.

We had a drive similar to that to the Outer Ban, but not nearly the same distance. It took us 3 hours to go the last 30 miles and I drive stick shift. I finally had to get out and walk around because my leg was cramping from holding ht clutch so long. You poor thing. Ugh! Glad you can put that experience behind you.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #1507
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

I always seem to get behind. Hope you had great Christmas.

The Tennessee Trip looks like lots of fun except the drive home.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
Old 12-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #1508
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your TN trip with us. The pictures were great. You sure had some highs (Clingmans Dome, the pizza place) and lows (Jurassic Ripoff and miserable traffic), but as always your family made some great memories and you have the pictures to prove it!

A belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year. Can't wait to see some Christmas pictures and to see what a Disney "Down" day is for your crew.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #1509
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Lisa. I hope you have a magical day. xo

Old 12-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #1510
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #1511
lledman
DIS Veteran

wishing you a wonderful birthday
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

Old 12-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1514
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachLuvsDisney View Post
Hi there!

I just wanted to say that I'm only on page 5 of your TR and I'm really enjoying it.

I haven't really been on Disboards very much but I'm really finding some interesting people and things here! I've been posting my trip reports on another Disney message board site. Maybe I should include it here too?

How do you get to be a Disboard celebrity? Your TR is very popular!
Howdy! And welcome to this here trip report! I love having new readers and hope that you'll feel free to post any of your thoughts along the way.

If you do decide to start a trip report, please post a link so we can all follow along.

A Disboard celebrity? Heck, I didn't really know that I was one. I have always been a "people person". You know, the one that starts a conversation with a perfect stranger or the one who just talks and talks and talks. Well, that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caught up on your pics. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I loved all the TN pics and I remember sitting in that exact same traffic heading from Seiverville to Gatlinburg. OMG - 17 hours to get home. That is just insanity.

We had a drive similar to that to the Outer Ban, but not nearly the same distance. It took us 3 hours to go the last 30 miles and I drive stick shift. I finally had to get out and walk around because my leg was cramping from holding ht clutch so long. You poor thing. Ugh! Glad you can put that experience behind you.
The drive home was definitely insanity!

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine driving a stick shift in that sort of traffic. I'd have been a nervous wreck! Oops, maybe "wreck" wasn't the right word to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
I always seem to get behind. Hope you had great Christmas.

The Tennessee Trip looks like lots of fun except the drive home.
I'm always behind too. We had a great time in Tennessee and wish that we had of had more time. But, I crammed in as much as I could while we were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for sharing your TN trip with us. The pictures were great. You sure had some highs (Clingmans Dome, the pizza place) and lows (Jurassic Ripoff and miserable traffic), but as always your family made some great memories and you have the pictures to prove it!

A belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year. Can't wait to see some Christmas pictures and to see what a Disney "Down" day is for your crew.
We did have some highs and lows. I am choosing to remember the highs more than I am the lows though.

I hope that you had a great Christmas too. Any big plans for the New Year?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #1515
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Birthday, Lisa. I hope you have a magical day. xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lledman View Post
wishing you a wonderful birthday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Happy Birthday!!! And I hope you enjoy your New Year's celebrations too! Your plans sound like ours!

I would be glad to share our alternative route! Anything besides going through Sevierville is a better route!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! John wrote me the sweetest note this morning and left it beside my purse. He can be such a tough cookie but he has a soft sweet side as well. We don't have any real plans for my birthday other than just being together which is fine with me.

**Disney Down Day posting coming up!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: