Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #106
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Ben and I are going to Lake Compounce tomorrow with friends! That is too random; we've never been there and made plans to go about a month ago. Maybe we'll see you 'round!

I love this idea- we did something similar in May. And we learned that most things we've skipped before were better left undone.

But, Liberty Belle was very nice, we were glad we got to ride it.

The stunt shows at DHS are totally boring to me. Not worth the wait, the heat, or the aggravation of leaving. But I also have never done Fantasmic! and don't care to, so my opinion may be skewed...

Someone else who doesn't get the Soarin' hype! Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my 'Diser' badge in cause I don't think that ride is amazing.

I happen to like Living with the Land, but if you don't like plants, don't bother. And I hate the stupid alligator thing, too... after learning exactly what is in store for them, especially.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #107
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

I'm not a big fan of AK, it's definitely my least favorite park, but each time I go, I like it a little more. I LOVE EE and the Safari...everything else I'm kind of just "eh" about. There is still so much I haven't done at that park...I have yet to do FOTLK, even though I hear it's amazing! You guys should go, even if it's just for a half day!

I love the Peoplemover in MK, you definitely have to do it if you have time! The WS movies are SO good! You can sit in the France one...it's a bit outdated, but it's still really beautiful, and the Canada one is awesome! You have to stand,but they have rails you can lean against!

I'm not artistic at all, but I really want to try Animation Academy at least once in my life! Everyone seems to love it!

I haven't been to Lake Compounce in years!! I actually thought about asking my DH if we could go this weekend, but of course, I didn't! It would have been a nice day to go, have a great time!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #108
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

I love these lists, I need to put one together too to store away for my next trip. Ok, I think you MUST do Living with the Land. It has probably the most boring theme for an attraction but it is so interesting, and I promise I have zero interest in plants (or really anything outdoors, period). It's funny, but it is a definite must do for us every time. If nothing else, it is relaxing and gets you off your feet for a while. You can do it right after or before Soarin', which I think is fabulous by the way.

I'm not into cars either (although I do like action movies to an extent) but we saw LMA for the first time on the honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info about how action scenes are shot, so it's more informative than just watching the action. If you have any interest in "how they make the movie" kind of stuff, I think you would like it.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #109
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Liberty Belle Steamship is a nice breather. Just be careful where you stand. I stood to close to one of the steamers and it kept dripping hot water on me! TTA is also a relaxing ride.

I never wait in line for Dumbo. 60 minutes? For a ride that does nothing but go around in a circle? Nope. If I had kids, different story. I'm like you, no line I'll go on it.

I simply do not get the fascination with Living with the Land. I've read about it in so many people's TRs and What's the appeal? Someone enlighten me!

If you've seen LMA once, there's no need to see it again. I will see it in 2012 because Lightning McQueen is now part of the show. If you have time, give it a try. Indy's always funf or us but Kris is a huge Indy fan.

Give the Animation Academy a try! You might be surprised!
Thanks for the tip on the Liberty Belle-- hot dripping water does not sound fun!
Maybe we will give LMA a try-- just once. We usually finish up DHS pretty quickly (around 3ish), so it wouldn't be terrible to have something to lengthen our time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I agree with jenny105 - give the Animation Academy a chance, I didn't think we'd like it either, but after one time we were hooked!
I've heard that about AA a lot, actually! I wouldn't mind just hearing about how the animation process, but drawing...no thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Ben and I are going to Lake Compounce tomorrow with friends! That is too random; we've never been there and made plans to go about a month ago. Maybe we'll see you 'round!

I love this idea- we did something similar in May. And we learned that most things we've skipped before were better left undone.

But, Liberty Belle was very nice, we were glad we got to ride it.

The stunt shows at DHS are totally boring to me. Not worth the wait, the heat, or the aggravation of leaving. But I also have never done Fantasmic! and don't care to, so my opinion may be skewed...

Someone else who doesn't get the Soarin' hype! Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my 'Diser' badge in cause I don't think that ride is amazing.

I happen to like Living with the Land, but if you don't like plants, don't bother. And I hate the stupid alligator thing, too... after learning exactly what is in store for them, especially.
I read this yesterday morning but didn't have time to respond! I got really excited and creepily tried to find you all day hahah. Do you think you saw me at all?? I was with five other people and wearing a dark magenta v-neck and khaki shorts! Did you have a good time?? We had fun but spent too much time standing in the hot sun trying to decide what to do next!
Haha, yes, I'm glad I have another Soarin-disliking person to commiserate with! I don't hate it...I just don't see the big deal about it. Not worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm not a big fan of AK, it's definitely my least favorite park, but each time I go, I like it a little more. I LOVE EE and the Safari...everything else I'm kind of just "eh" about. There is still so much I haven't done at that park...I have yet to do FOTLK, even though I hear it's amazing! You guys should go, even if it's just for a half day!

I love the Peoplemover in MK, you definitely have to do it if you have time! The WS movies are SO good! You can sit in the France one...it's a bit outdated, but it's still really beautiful, and the Canada one is awesome! You have to stand,but they have rails you can lean against!

I'm not artistic at all, but I really want to try Animation Academy at least once in my life! Everyone seems to love it!

I haven't been to Lake Compounce in years!! I actually thought about asking my DH if we could go this weekend, but of course, I didn't! It would have been a nice day to go, have a great time!
We'll definitely go to AK, I just really think it'll be a half day thing. We're big History Channel nerds and watch a lot of WS-type things at home, which is another reason I don't think those movies have ever appealed. There's so much you can do ONLY in Disney, and those movies aren't them! That's the way we feel, anyway...
Lake Compounce was fun! We ended up spending seven hours there-- a lot longer than I thought! I hadn't been in years either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I love these lists, I need to put one together too to store away for my next trip. Ok, I think you MUST do Living with the Land. It has probably the most boring theme for an attraction but it is so interesting, and I promise I have zero interest in plants (or really anything outdoors, period). It's funny, but it is a definite must do for us every time. If nothing else, it is relaxing and gets you off your feet for a while. You can do it right after or before Soarin', which I think is fabulous by the way.

I'm not into cars either (although I do like action movies to an extent) but we saw LMA for the first time on the honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info about how action scenes are shot, so it's more informative than just watching the action. If you have any interest in "how they make the movie" kind of stuff, I think you would like it.
Haha, from one not-outdoorsy girl to another, I have never had any interest in plants or gardening AT ALL!! I think if we want to get into the A/C, we'll just go into a store or two, lol.
I know that most people, like you, love Soarin! I think it's just okay-- but I'm sure you all appreciate that-- one less person clogging up the line
We MIGHT go see LMA, based on yours and other Disser's advice. I just wish it was an indoor show, haha.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #110
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

We had a fabulous time at Lake Compounce! I kept my eyes peeled, but I didn't see you. Did Zach go, too? I thought I saw him, and if you went on the flume and he didn't... then I am pretty sure it was him. But if that didn't happen, then this was just some guy that kinda looked like what I remembered Zach looking like.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #111
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

I'm another Soarin' fan. But I'm happy that you don't like it because it's one less person in line!
I have no interest in LMA. And I would totally skip Animation Academy except I have a child who is an amazing artist and loves it. That alone is worth it! I'm a really bad artist.
Liberty Belle is fine. We're done it once. I would do it again if the timing worked out and we needed a little break. It's definitely NOT a must-do. TTA, on the other hand, I love!
I hate the Indy cars but my kids, sadly, love it. You aren't missing anything!!!
Dumbo is also for the kids but it has a nostalgic appeal. We're never done Swiss Family Treehouse either.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #112
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
We had a fabulous time at Lake Compounce! I kept my eyes peeled, but I didn't see you. Did Zach go, too? I thought I saw him, and if you went on the flume and he didn't... then I am pretty sure it was him. But if that didn't happen, then this was just some guy that kinda looked like what I remembered Zach looking like.
Was he wearing a red t-shirt and jeans?? If so, I totally bet you saw him, because yes, all of us went on the flume and Zach didn't! That's so funny! People ALWAYS remember/notice him at restaurants and such-- with the glasses, he has a pretty memorable face. We'll go places and people will have no idea that they met me, but always remember him!
Did you try the Wildcat? I thought it was soooo painful, but I loved Boulder Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm another Soarin' fan. But I'm happy that you don't like it because it's one less person in line!
I have no interest in LMA. And I would totally skip Animation Academy except I have a child who is an amazing artist and loves it. That alone is worth it! I'm a really bad artist.
Liberty Belle is fine. We're done it once. I would do it again if the timing worked out and we needed a little break. It's definitely NOT a must-do. TTA, on the other hand, I love!
I hate the Indy cars but my kids, sadly, love it. You aren't missing anything!!!
Dumbo is also for the kids but it has a nostalgic appeal. We're never done Swiss Family Treehouse either.

Amanda
I think if you're into art, Animation Academy is pretty amazing...but not for us! I was thinking Liberty Belle was more of a post-lunch, time to get off our feet thing-- definitely not something to wait in line for. I'm excited to ride TTA and go through Space Mountain!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #113
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Was he wearing a red t-shirt and jeans?? If so, I totally bet you saw him, because yes, all of us went on the flume and Zach didn't! That's so funny! People ALWAYS remember/notice him at restaurants and such-- with the glasses, he has a pretty memorable face. We'll go places and people will have no idea that they met me, but always remember him!
Did you try the Wildcat? I thought it was soooo painful, but I loved Boulder Dash!
Yup, I knew it! My group was feeling a bit ill after riding too many things in a row, so we stopped for a break at the tables by the flume.
I hoped whoever he was waiting for (in case it was you) would turn up before we moseyed on, but our friends were ready to get going before you turned up.
If Zach got the feeling that someone was staring at him while he was waiting, tell him I am sorry!

Wildcat was very painful! We rode Boulder Dash a bunch of times- it was awesome!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #114
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,812

TTA is a must for us at MK...Jasmine always takes a picture of our feet on this ride...don't ask me why...but if you go...take a picture of your feet on the bench across from you...she'll love it!

Animation Academy is now a must for us after we had so much there last year. We have never laughed so hard at my lack-of-drawing ability. Great time!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #115
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Yup, I knew it! My group was feeling a bit ill after riding too many things in a row, so we stopped for a break at the tables by the flume.
I hoped whoever he was waiting for (in case it was you) would turn up before we moseyed on, but our friends were ready to get going before you turned up.
If Zach got the feeling that someone was staring at him while he was waiting, tell him I am sorry!

Wildcat was very painful! We rode Boulder Dash a bunch of times- it was awesome!
You totally should have said hi to him! I'm always reading him clips from your TR's and told him we might run into you, so he wouldn't have been weirded out lol.
I still can't believe how long we stayed there-- seven hours without going into the water park! There's not that much to do there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
TTA is a must for us at MK...Jasmine always takes a picture of our feet on this ride...don't ask me why...but if you go...take a picture of your feet on the bench across from you...she'll love it!

Animation Academy is now a must for us after we had so much there last year. We have never laughed so hard at my lack-of-drawing ability. Great time!
Haha-- I will TOTALLY take a picture like that!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #116
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

So this is a kind of boring mini-update, but I forgot to tell everyone that we paid off our trip a couple of days ago!! We booked in December, so we've had a long time to pay it off. I've put basically the whole trip on our Disney Visa, so we're really racking up the points! I signed up for it last October when I got an offer for 200 rewards points. I used those points to knock off a significant chunk off our trip! Right now, we have 49 points and we'll have even more at the end of the month since I put the last $800 of our package on the 9th. I don't know how high the interest is since we pay it off every month, but I've heard it's killer! Plus, I don't really know how the 6 months 0% financing on your Disney vacation works. Is it 6 months after the first payment on your vacation or 6 months after your vacation ends? Either way, we always pay it off!
We'll probably use our points to pay for the tips at our TS restaurants...maybe put some towards my new pick-a-pearl.
Who else is excited about Harry Potter 7 Part II this Friday?? I only very recently read the books and fell in love (so much better than the movies, even though the movies are pretty good). It does feel like the end of an era! I am glad WWoHP was built to continue the magic!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #118
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,812

No update where you tell us that you've paid off your trip could ever be boring....so happy for you guys!

I have to say that I agree with you about the Harry Potter books....everytime I started a new one I couldn't put it down!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #119
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,799

Woohoo for paying off your trip!

I'm going to see HP next Wednesday. I'm going to bawl like a baby when it's over. I love those books and the movies are events in themselves.

At least I have the Hunger Games movies starting next year. I hope those are good. Better than Twilight anyway!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #120
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yay for paying off your trip! That is always such a good feeling!
It really is! It's such a "no turning back" feeling-- we're officially going!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
No update where you tell us that you've paid off your trip could ever be boring....so happy for you guys!

I have to say that I agree with you about the Harry Potter books....everytime I started a new one I couldn't put it down!
The books were just wonderful. I thought this last movie was alright, but nothing compared to the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Woohoo for paying off your trip!

I'm going to see HP next Wednesday. I'm going to bawl like a baby when it's over. I love those books and the movies are events in themselves.

At least I have the Hunger Games movies starting next year. I hope those are good. Better than Twilight anyway!
See, I thought I was going to bawl and didn't! Don't let my opinion give you a false impression though-- a lot of people loved it!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: