Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #76
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh, I don't like flying, but I love airports! I'm not a big fan of JFK, though, I didn't think it was very nice when I flew out of there, but then again, that was years ago, maybe it's nicer now! I love MCO!

Your birthday presents are so cute! I love that Cinderella coach pearl cage, I really want to do pick a pearl someday and get one! And that Coach bag is beautiful! I have a purple Coach bag that I usually use in the parks, but it's kind of getting to be too small, so I think I'm going to finally get a VB hipster! I just don't know what pattern to get!

I haven't been to Six Flags in forever, are you going to the one in NJ? I want to go on the Kingda Ka SOOOO bad, it looks terrifying! I don't think I'd go on a coaster where you stand up, though! Have a great time!
There's SO many different VB patterns, it can definitely be hard to choose! I really like Very Berry Paisley-- that's the pattern of my hipster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
First, happy belated birthday! Great gifts! I love Slytherin too. I'm a Malfoy fan as well. And Snape! I love Snape!

El Toro is a great coaster but I'm not a fan of Six Flags. It's always super crowded. When I last went there, it was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, we took my nephew for his birthday. It was a weekday and we got on maybe 3 or 4 rides the entire day because everything had a 2 hour line. It was ridiculous. I vowed never to go there again and told him we had to go to Dorney Park for his birthday the following year instead. That was much better! I hope you have better luck!
Thanks! Obviously I love Snape, too! I love coasters and haven't been to Six Flags in over two years, so I figured it was about time. It's obviously no Disney! (Or Busch Gardens--- my favorite non-Disney theme park.) Augh, I hope the lines aren't too terrible Saturday! The kids have only just gotten out of school (that's my thinking, anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love the Cinderella coach charm - so cute!

And your purse Zach did good! Did you have to give him that idea or did he come up with it all on his own?

Have fun at Six Flags! My boys love all the thrill ride there, me, not so much......
Zach is fantastic at a lot of things-- one of them being picking out presents! He resents being "told" what to give and loves to pick out what he thinks I'll love. He's never disappointed me!
Thanks! It should be a fun day-- I love coasters!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #77
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Thanks! Obviously I love Snape, too! I love coasters and haven't been to Six Flags in over two years, so I figured it was about time. It's obviously no Disney! (Or Busch Gardens--- my favorite non-Disney theme park.) Augh, I hope the lines aren't too terrible Saturday! The kids have only just gotten out of school (that's my thinking, anyway).
I don't mind other non-Disney theme park. Busch Gardens (both of them) are beautiful and locally I love Hershey Park and even Dorney Park. There's just something about Six Flags I do not like!

jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #78
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Zach did a great job in the present department Love your Coach! I need to buy a summer Coach purse...I have a black one that I love, but I've seen some pretty nice summery ones...and every girl needs a purse for every season right
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #79
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
and every girl needs a purse for every season right
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #80
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday!

I love your Coach bag!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #81
cdotla
Trish

Hey Kylie! Joining in!

Sounds like great plans so far. Really looking forward to your review of Artist Point, as I really haven't seen any in depth reviews of the place.

Love your recent purchases/gifts for the trip, especially those gold flip-flops (where are they from?) and the Coach bag.

Already looking forward to seeing your photos of POR.
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #82
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Love your gifts!!! I think I'm more of a Griffyndor or Ravenclaw girl over Slytherin. Just sayin'.
I have to strongly disagree with you about JFK. Yuck! I try to fly out of HPN whenever possible but for long flights I prefer Newark to JFK.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #83
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I don't mind other non-Disney theme park. Busch Gardens (both of them) are beautiful and locally I love Hershey Park and even Dorney Park. There's just something about Six Flags I do not like!
I've never been to Dorney Park! Hershey was okay-- I'd definitely go back. Six Flags was fine (low crowds, thankfully!), but once every two years is more than enough for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Zach did a great job in the present department Love your Coach! I need to buy a summer Coach purse...I have a black one that I love, but I've seen some pretty nice summery ones...and every girl needs a purse for every season right
I am mildly obsessed with Coach. Last year, Zach got me a gorgeous lavender Coach bag for my birthday, so that's my current spring/summer purse. I definitely have a purse for every season...and occasion...and some spares, maybe, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Happy belated birthday!

I love your Coach bag!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Hey Kylie! Joining in!

Sounds like great plans so far. Really looking forward to your review of Artist Point, as I really haven't seen any in depth reviews of the place.

Love your recent purchases/gifts for the trip, especially those gold flip-flops (where are they from?) and the Coach bag.

Already looking forward to seeing your photos of POR.
I do feel AP doesn't get a lot of coverage, which is probably why it was never on our radar until we combed the menu. I'm really excited! The gold flip-flops are Havainas, a Brazilian company. I've worn them a couple of times already and they'll DEFINITELY by great for Disney. They look like the cheap Old Navy pairs, but have much better support. I love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Love your gifts!!! I think I'm more of a Griffyndor or Ravenclaw girl over Slytherin. Just sayin'.
I have to strongly disagree with you about JFK. Yuck! I try to fly out of HPN whenever possible but for long flights I prefer Newark to JFK.

Amanda
Haha, I just love me some Alan Rickman, so I have to be a Slytherin girl! Tom Felton (the guy who plays Draco Malfoy) isn't bad either! I was also touched at the end of the seventh book-- it just seemed the Malfoys realized they were in over their heads and really just cared about their family and nothing more. That's my unpopular opinion, haha.
I'm definitely one of the few I know who loves JFK! I've actually never flown out of Newark, though! When I was young, we were constantly going to Ireland to see my dad's family. We always flew from JFK, so I think I just associate it with love and family and international flavor.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #84
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So I think I promised a mini-Six Flags TR replete with pictures, but I ended up leaving my bag in the car so we wouldn't have to pay $1 per ride to put my stuff in a locker So this will be a picture-less TR!
We left three hours before the park opened, which proved wise. It's only about two hours away, but I anticipated large crowds. The crowds were fine (longest line we waited on was 15 minutes!), but we got lost about three times! I had my GPS on, but at one point, we were supposed to get off at this exit onto a parallel highway. The right highway was for local exits and the left...well, was not. I totally missed the exit and we merged onto the left highway. Unfortunately, since the highways were literally side by side, but stupid GPS couldn't figure out that we weren't on the correct side and failed to tell me how to correct. (And I am way too geographically challenged to figure that out myself...) Eventually, I had to pull a Gone in 60 Seconds move and cut through one of those police insets to get over to the right. Thankfully, no cops were around!
When we finally arrived, I realized I left both my ticket and parking pass that I prepaid online at home. (I'm usually not such a mess! I am much more organized for Disney!) Six Flags had great customer service on this one-- there were machines to reprint the park ticket and they let me go to Guest Services for a refund on the parking! By the way, parking was $20! INSANITY!
So our day was fun! We started with the big coasters-- El Toro, which is the wooden coaster with the steepest drop in the US. For a wooden coaster, it was very smooth. I loved it! We did a kiddie-type coaster themed for the Dark Knight (about as intense as Space Mountain), and then just some normal steel intense coasters. Lunch was incredibly expensive-- blew Disney's prices out of the water. It was about $12 for a small fountain drink and chicken tenders. We left around 3-- we had been in park since opening at 10:30 and done everything we wanted.
It was nice to spend time with some friends I hadn't seen in awhile, so any time in line was fine! Again, though, the crowds were very low, especially for a Saturday in June! I hope we get as lucky in Disney in August!
Sorry again for the lack of pictures! I hope everyone has a lovely 4th!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #85
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love airports, too! I think my favorite so far is the one in San Diego. I was pretty young when I was there, but I remember it being so bright and airy. Have you ever been to the ATL airport? It's a doozy!

I agree - the crossbody bag is the best kind of park bag. And oh my goodness, I love that Coach bag!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #86
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I love airports, too! I think my favorite so far is the one in San Diego. I was pretty young when I was there, but I remember it being so bright and airy. Have you ever been to the ATL airport? It's a doozy!

I agree - the crossbody bag is the best kind of park bag. And oh my goodness, I love that Coach bag!
Ooo, I've never been to San Diego! Southern CA will probably be our next big vacation though, so maybe I will get to see it soon! Ack, ATL is crazy! We've flown AirTran AND Delta a lot, which both use ATL as a hub, so I've frequented there! That subway system they have going on is just nuts! It's huge there!

Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #87
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend! It's been pretty crazy for us. One of Zach's good friends from high school came up from Pittsburgh for the holiday, so we've been visiting (aka lots of drinking and eating!) with him and Zach's other friends since Friday. Today, Zach's family is holding a BBQ, so we'll head over there in a couple of hours. I'm very excited to have ribs and steak-- his uncle is a grill master! Anyone else have plans for the 4th?

Yesterday, we went to the mall and took advantage of some of those great holiday weekend sales! Unfortunately, I couldn't really find summer clothes. I'm still looking for some sundresses for Disney (and the summer in general). Zach picked up a pair of jeans, which is pretty much the most casual he'll get in the summer or any other season. He refuses to wear any kind of shorts or sandals.

I did manage to pick up some waterproof make-up for our trip, though! I'm a huge make-up junkie and spent waaaay too much money on products! Now, New York definitely gets sticky in the summer, but nothing like Florida. I wanted to pick up a few things that hopefully won't melt in the heat. Disney is one of the few places Zach and I have a ton of pictures of the both of us, so I want to look good! I also refuse to carry around a make-up bag around the parks, so I want everything to last all day.
I picked up this water-resistant mascara:

And this waterproof eyeliner:

I'm going to test drive them today-- it's supposed to be 86 and humid!
I did get this sundress for Disney in the mail on Friday. I love the color (I got it in a bright pink) and how light it feels, but...the top part is a little small. See, I'm pretty small (5'3", fairly small boned), but I'm fairly well-endowed. It can be tricky buying dresses without trying them on since many can fit, but be way too revealing in the chest area. I think I'm going to keep the dress (Zach told me it's definitely not too bad, but I'm thinking I should get a second opinion!) and maybe wear a thin cami underneath in the parks.

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend and has a fun and safe day!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #88
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Six Flags sounds like fun, I had no idea it was so expensive for other things, like parking and eating, though! I haven't been there in years, I'd like to go and ride the coasters, but I feel like I'd be disappointed after spending so much time in Disney lately!

Waterproof makeup is such a great idea for Disney! That dress is really cute, I don't think it looks too revealing! I can't find dresses anywhere, I just want a dress for our Artist Point night, nothing fancy, but there is just nothing around right now! Pretty soon fall clothes are going to be out!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #89
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I loooove makeup too. Especially the expensive brands. Sadly that's pretty much my taste in everything! Have you ever tried the Too Faced lash injection mascara? It's the best I've found so far. I completely understand wanting to look good in the pictures! I know some people don't do much (or any) makeup at Disney due to the heat, but I always wear a full face of it!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #90
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Jasmine has the same problem as you Kylie, tiny but well endowed, she hates it when it comes to things fitting everywhere but there

Jasmine is planning a trip to the mall on Saturday to pick up some MAC makeup she has run out of and I think I'll join her...girl's day at the mall and then appetizers and cocktails on a patio...

I love the dress btw!!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: