Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #31
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing. I can't see your pix right now (restricted computer), but you meal choices sure look yummy!
Welcome!! I'm pleased with our food choices-- I just need to back away from the online reservations on the Disney website! I still keep playing around even though I do like where we're eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Kylie, subscribing! love the plans so far & great ADRs

Emma x
Hi, Emma!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
The Wishes Dessert party is so much fun! I went on a night that we were at the Food and Wine festival first so instead of having a huge dinner, we just snacked on some Food and Wine goodies, then went over to MK for the party. I was still only able to eat one plate of desserts, they are really filling! The desserts are really good!
That's really good to hear!! I'm excited for those mango shooter things-- if they're anything like the mango lassi's I used to sneak when I worked at an Indian restaurant in college, they'll be delicious! What were some of your favorite desserts there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great ADR choices Kylie! I never learn though to eat before I go on the Boards...then I'm starving I'm with you on the Dessert Party....I booked it more for the convenience than "getting my monies worth". We thought we would do CS that evening (we're using our TS at lunch that day) then head to our table....we're all looking forward to not standing in a sea of people for once
Thanks! Eating a small meal definitely makes more sense, but oh well. Like you said-- moreso convenience and comfort than anything else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I hope the presentation went well!

Yay for the Dessert Party! I can't wait to try it out on the honeymoon. It sounds like such a fun way to spend the evening. I can't imagine skipping dinner and just eating the sweets, though. I would be so sick too! I can't eat too much sugar on an empty stomach. I think your plan sounds great. You'll get to have a great meal, and then you'll have a good enough amount of time to let you food settle and work up a little appetite for some of the yummy desserts.
Thanks, Courtney! It did go pretty well! I can't wait to hear about the dessert party in your TR! I agree-- I'm not a HUGE sweets person, so if I'm going to be eating a big dessert, I need real food in my stomach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
The dessert parties sound fun! My kids are usually in bed long before 10pm so we've never done any of the dessert parties.

Amanda
I think it should be really fun! At least you know not to drag your kids out in Disney after they just want to be in bed! I've seen too many crying kids in strollers during evening EMH!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #32
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

I hope your presentation went well!

The Dessert Party sounds perfect for you and Zach! It's apparently pretty yummy and of course the view is great for Wishes! I think it's worth the extra money and am trying to convince DH to go next time we're in WDW!

Your trip will be here before you know it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #33
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
I hope your presentation went well!

The Dessert Party sounds perfect for you and Zach! It's apparently pretty yummy and of course the view is great for Wishes! I think it's worth the extra money and am trying to convince DH to go next time we're in WDW!

Your trip will be here before you know it!
It did go well, thanks!! I can't WAIT for the dessert party! I actually think it's pretty well priced and DEFINITELY worth it! I hope you can convince your DH!
I know-- I can't believe we're basically at 2.5 months! I NEED a vacation, so it will feel great!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #34
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Although part of the allure of Disney for Zach is the immersion factor (being in the magic 24/7, leaving the driving to someone else), this trip we decided we absolutely had to go see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I grew up going to Universal as well as Disney and really do love it. Plus, we love watching the HP movies and reading the books. Zach finally relented on his “only Disney” rule when I showed him pictures of WWoHP! It really looks incredible and I've heard nothing but great reviews. We were actually supposed to go last November, but that unfortunately fell through.
As it's looking now, since we really don't want to rent a car (we love our ME!), we're going to take the Mears shuttle over to Universal. If the time slot isn't as early as I'd like, we'll just take a cab. I'll probably call in early July to see what the hours are. I want to get to IOA at least an hour before it opens. We'll have our tickets in advance, but I'll want to get Cinnabon on City Walk and be close to the front of the non-US resort guests line. I think we'll hit the rides and the wand show, but we'll only do the latter if the line is short enough. After experiencing some of IOA's other attractions, we'll go to US around midday for lunch and more rides. Zach is definitely not a thrill-rides person, so I think he'll prefer the simulators of US more than the thrill rides of IOA. I'll reveal more about what we plan to do in IOA/US when I do our day-to-day plans!

ETA: Does anyone know how I can edit the name of the thread so I can say when it has been updated? Thanks!!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #35
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, glad you are going to Universal, it sounds like fun! I've only been there once, a long time ago, and my DH and I keep trying to fit it in to our trips, and we never make it over there! We're thinking maybe this October, but who knows?

You can edit your thread title by going to the first post of this thread and clicking "edit"...then when the edit box comes up, click "go advanced" and there you will be able to change/edit the title of your thread!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #36
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, glad you are going to Universal, it sounds like fun! I've only been there once, a long time ago, and my DH and I keep trying to fit it in to our trips, and we never make it over there! We're thinking maybe this October, but who knows?

You can edit your thread title by going to the first post of this thread and clicking "edit"...then when the edit box comes up, click "go advanced" and there you will be able to change/edit the title of your thread!
I really love Universal and can't wait to show it to Zach! I totally think you and your DH should go in October! Thanks for the help!!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #37
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

The dessert (thanks for the tip on spelling that, BTW ) party sounds awesome!

WWoHP was great- getting there early is key, much easier to appreciate the area before it's clogged with people!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #39
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I want to go over to Universal soon, too! If I had thought about it, the honeymoon would have been a great time since we'll be there so long, but there's always next time! I feel the same way as Zach - I don't want to get out of the Disney bubble even for a second! But I do think it's time we head over there. I think Miguel will love it! I can't wait to hear what all you have planned there. It's been so long since I've been so it will be nice to get refresed on what all Universal has to offer!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #40
jenny105
DIS Veteran

So glad you're going to make time for WWoHP! It's fantastic! Words do not even describe what that ride is like, nothing I've ever been on. Think Soarin meets Dinosaur is the best I can do I guess! The area is themed so well. You're going to love it!

Do you know that Universal sells a 1 day Park to Park ticket with shuttle transportation from mears? They don't charge extra for the shuttle, it's a special they have going on right now. I'll get you more info if you want.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #41
MEK
DIS Veteran

More and more people are heading over to the dark side to visit Harry Potter. It does sound so coooooool! My coworkers daughter has been bugging her for weeks to go there. she is totally ready to crack!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #42
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
The dessert (thanks for the tip on spelling that, BTW ) party sounds awesome!

WWoHP was great- getting there early is key, much easier to appreciate the area before it's clogged with people!
Haha, gotta love first grade spelling tips haha. We're planning on taking the earliest Mears bus from POR to US/IOA possible! I'm still crossing my fingers that late August will only be moderately busy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Can't wait to hear which day you're going to IOA/US....I wonder if we'll be there the same day?
We're going Sunday, August 28th!! Is that when you guys are??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I want to go over to Universal soon, too! If I had thought about it, the honeymoon would have been a great time since we'll be there so long, but there's always next time! I feel the same way as Zach - I don't want to get out of the Disney bubble even for a second! But I do think it's time we head over there. I think Miguel will love it! I can't wait to hear what all you have planned there. It's been so long since I've been so it will be nice to get refresed on what all Universal has to offer!
I definitely recommend US/IOA. They're really wonderful parks in their own right and worth at least a day or two. It was hard to decide to leave property even for a day, but since we won't be in FL for at least two years, I want to hit the most parks possible! I'll try to be as detailed as possible in describing US so you can be properly refreshed . You must be so excited, btw-- your wedding is SO close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
More and more people are heading over to the dark side to visit Harry Potter. It does sound so coooooool! My coworkers daughter has been bugging her for weeks to go there. she is totally ready to crack!
Haha. I've been to US a bunch of times since my mom preferred it to Disney (the horror ), but HP is what finally made Zach want to go. He flipped when he saw the pictures-- before, he was strictly about Disney!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Okay, so that whole "backing away from the Disney online reservation system" was not a success. Truthfully, what did it was reading a great dining review (I x'd out the browser before I subscribed! Curses). There was a picture of a crispy pork belly that looked delicious. I showed it to Zach and he demanded to know where it could be found. After looking through the menu, it was decided. We canceled our California Grill reservation in favor of...

Artist Point! (Photo courtesy of Allears)

I'm really excited about this! I wasn't this intrigued by Cali Grill, so I think this was a good decision. There's multiple things on the menu that I'd like to try, so deciding will be hard! The only negative is that we won't get a chance to eat at the Contemporary, which is one of our favorite hotels. We'll just have to make sure we make time to go visit! Has anyone eaten there before? Any thoughts?
Also, is it bad that it's only Tuesday and I'm already looking forward to the weekend? I've been super busy at work and really just want to unwind. Zach and I are planning to go to this little town near us that has a great row of antique stores. We'll also hit the mall at some point for me to pick up some things for the trip! I'll fill you guys in about what I buy!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

First, I'm so excited you're going to WWOHP! It's AMAZING and truly an experience!!!

I've never eaten at Artist's Point but I've heard good things about it from my parents. I know some people have issues with Disney's dining but I'm usually always happy and think everything is good. I'm a terrible restaurant reviewer because I'm just usually satisfied. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

And, girl, I feel you about the weekend!! I wish it was Friday right now! Hope the rest of your week goes by quickly!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #45
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
So glad you're going to make time for WWoHP! It's fantastic! Words do not even describe what that ride is like, nothing I've ever been on. Think Soarin meets Dinosaur is the best I can do I guess! The area is themed so well. You're going to love it!

Do you know that Universal sells a 1 day Park to Park ticket with shuttle transportation from mears? They don't charge extra for the shuttle, it's a special they have going on right now. I'll get you more info if you want.
I don't know how I missed responding to your post initially! I am SO excited for WWoHP! I loved reading that part of your last TR! We are actually totally getting those park tickets (read about them here on the Dis)! I can't believe how great of a deal they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
First, I'm so excited you're going to WWOHP! It's AMAZING and truly an experience!!!

I've never eaten at Artist's Point but I've heard good things about it from my parents. I know some people have issues with Disney's dining but I'm usually always happy and think everything is good. I'm a terrible restaurant reviewer because I'm just usually satisfied. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

And, girl, I feel you about the weekend!! I wish it was Friday right now! Hope the rest of your week goes by quickly!
Haha, I'm the same-- it takes a lot for me to be dissatisfied, especially with Disney. Poor service will upset me a lot more than okay food! I hope Friday comes quickly for you as well!! We're almost there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: