Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #16
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm so excited that you have a report going! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! The ADRs look great. I wouldn't change a single one of them!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Joining in, we're going back again August 26 to Sep 1. We were there last year from the Aug 27 to Sep 4 and the crowds were great and the weather fantastic, we had drizzle one night the first weekend and that was it, no rain, no afternoon storms, nothing the rest of the week. Unusual, but great! You'll love it, most rides were walk on or less than a 10 minute wait all day long.

WCC is great, the Canyon Skillet is yummy. I could do without all the antics really, but it wasn't too bad when we were there last year, didn't even hear a ketchup call. If your guy is meat and potatoes he'll love it. And it's just a short boat ride from MK. Coral Reef is good too, although our service was a bit slow and it wasn't busy when we went, but it was lunch time. We did get a tank side table by making the first reservation time when they opened for lunch. Because it wasn't crowded we didn't really have issues with people coming up around us, but that could be annoying for sure. We ate with a Stingray watching us the whole time though

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #18
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Hi Kylie!

I am here

It's so funny how similar we are!!!

I didn't realise you did Vegas last year? Where did you stay? Vegas is my second favourite holiday destination!!

I have checked and none of our ADR's match but I will send you a list of where we are going each day to see if any of those match - it would be lovely to meet up for a drink if we can ...

Sara xx
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Good ADRs!!!
We really like California Grill. I've never had dinner at Liberty Tree but we go there for lunch on most trips. I also like Chefs de France. We've never eaten at Flying Fish, Rose & Crown, or Whispering Canyon.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #20
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Love your ADR list! Ben and I loved WCC! We ate there as part of the Backstage Magic tour and weren't sure what to expect. We didn't get to order- they just brought out the skillets and it was delicious! The cobbler dessert (haha, I couldn't remember how many 'esses' were in 'dessert' vs. 'desert' and almost put three in for good measure...) was amazing!!!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I've never been to Rose and Crown, but it looked neat when we met up with Kristen and Chris there. I definitely recommend going to the secluded Illuminations viewing as soon as they start letting you. It can get packed in there quickly!

The Coral Reef is fun! I think it's so neat seeing all the fish and the occasional scuba diver swimming by.

I cannot wait to eat at the Cali Grill for the first time on our honeymoon next year!

WCC is so much fun! The skillet is very good. And yes you're right, for those who don't like barbeque-type food can order something else. Hope you get a good waiter/waitress!

Chefs de France is another place I can't wait to try on our honeymoon. It just looks so neat.

If you change your mind about LTT, Tony's is a good place to eat. I know it gets mixed reviews on here, but we love it. If you're not in the mood for Italian, the Contemporary is just a quick 7-10 minute walk from the MK; so there's no waiting for a monorail. The Wave is a great place to eat there.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #22
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Your ADR's look great! I love WCC, it's so much fun, and the food is really good! And I've only been to LTT for lunch, but I'll be trying it for dinner in October, I think it looks pretty good, and it's nice already being in MK! I've always wanted to try Chef's, but I can never fit it in!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
GREAT choices! Now I'm hungry...
Haha, sometimes I just torture myself by going on All Ears and looking at the menus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I think I died a little inside when I heard Henrik was engaged. I'll never look at him the same way again. If I find out Ryan Callahan is engaged, I might lose it completely.

I forgot all about the FD promo from last yr! And I'm a TA, shame on me! Nice you were able to take advantage of it.

Your dining choices look good! I've never been to any except Coral Reef. I liked it but thought the portions were small. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Ohana. I've been there twice and loved it both times!
Haha-- Zach loves Cally, but not quite as much as Henrik. I'm mildly obsessed with Gaborik. Mildly.
Most people do love Ohana-- I think we just don't like sweetness in entrees, which is basically what Ohana is all about! We also had AWFUL service-- I'm talking about asking for steak three times and the waiter only bringing shrimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm here! I'm so excited that you have a report going! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! The ADRs look great. I wouldn't change a single one of them!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Joining in, we're going back again August 26 to Sep 1. We were there last year from the Aug 27 to Sep 4 and the crowds were great and the weather fantastic, we had drizzle one night the first weekend and that was it, no rain, no afternoon storms, nothing the rest of the week. Unusual, but great! You'll love it, most rides were walk on or less than a 10 minute wait all day long.

WCC is great, the Canyon Skillet is yummy. I could do without all the antics really, but it wasn't too bad when we were there last year, didn't even hear a ketchup call. If your guy is meat and potatoes he'll love it. And it's just a short boat ride from MK. Coral Reef is good too, although our service was a bit slow and it wasn't busy when we went, but it was lunch time. We did get a tank side table by making the first reservation time when they opened for lunch. Because it wasn't crowded we didn't really have issues with people coming up around us, but that could be annoying for sure. We ate with a Stingray watching us the whole time though
Ahhh, I LOVE hearing about non-existent wait times!! I think WCC is the one I'm most excited for! I'm whatever about the antics-- if they mess with us great, if not, great, too! Haha, love the idea of a stingray staring you guys down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Hi Kylie!

I am here

It's so funny how similar we are!!!

I didn't realise you did Vegas last year? Where did you stay? Vegas is my second favourite holiday destination!!

I have checked and none of our ADR's match but I will send you a list of where we are going each day to see if any of those match - it would be lovely to meet up for a drink if we can ...

Sara xx
Hi Sara!! We definitely must compare plans (mine will go up on here soon!)-- meeting up for a drink would be fantastic!
We LOVED Vegas! I can't wait to go back! (We're probably going next year with Zach's family-- his parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary) We stayed at Caesars Palace- it was incredible. We got an upgrade to the most amazing hotel room I've ever stayed in. You can check out pictures of it on my Facebook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Good ADRs!!!
We really like California Grill. I've never had dinner at Liberty Tree but we go there for lunch on most trips. I also like Chefs de France. We've never eaten at Flying Fish, Rose & Crown, or Whispering Canyon.

Amanda
Like I said, Zach is more excited about California Grill than I am, but I am getting more intrigued by it. That view is just amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Love your ADR list! Ben and I loved WCC! We ate there as part of the Backstage Magic tour and weren't sure what to expect. We didn't get to order- they just brought out the skillets and it was delicious! The cobbler dessert (haha, I couldn't remember how many 'esses' were in 'dessert' vs. 'desert' and almost put three in for good measure...) was amazing!!!
HAHA-- it's two ss's in dessert because you'd rather have more dessert than more desert! (Thank you first grade teacher!)
I think the skillet sounds sooo yummy! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I've never been to Rose and Crown, but it looked neat when we met up with Kristen and Chris there. I definitely recommend going to the secluded Illuminations viewing as soon as they start letting you. It can get packed in there quickly!

The Coral Reef is fun! I think it's so neat seeing all the fish and the occasional scuba diver swimming by.

I cannot wait to eat at the Cali Grill for the first time on our honeymoon next year!

WCC is so much fun! The skillet is very good. And yes you're right, for those who don't like barbeque-type food can order something else. Hope you get a good waiter/waitress!

Chefs de France is another place I can't wait to try on our honeymoon. It just looks so neat.

If you change your mind about LTT, Tony's is a good place to eat. I know it gets mixed reviews on here, but we love it. If you're not in the mood for Italian, the Contemporary is just a quick 7-10 minute walk from the MK; so there's no waiting for a monorail. The Wave is a great place to eat there.
Illuminations is another reason I really want to try Rose and Crown-- we've never seen it! Aww, Cali Grill is definitely a great spot for a honeymoon dinner! So romantic. Same with Chefs de France!
We considered Tony's! That night is still up in the air. Zach's only reason against it is that he's SUPER Italian. As in-- has one of those tiny Italian grandmothers that cooks sauce and pasta and gnocchi from scratch and makes her own calamari batter. He's very picky with his Italian food. I think Tony's chicken parm looks so good, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in!

Your ADR's look great! I love WCC, it's so much fun, and the food is really good! And I've only been to LTT for lunch, but I'll be trying it for dinner in October, I think it looks pretty good, and it's nice already being in MK! I've always wanted to try Chef's, but I can never fit it in!
Hi!! That's our whole reason for LTT-- to be in the MK on our last night. I burst into tears at Yachtsman in 2009 because I was so sad our trip was over. Zach couldn't get me out of there and into the MK fast enough, haha.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So, this is going to be a short update. I won't have time to post tonight or tomorrow because I have to drive to upstate New York to give a presentation at a conference. 5 hours in the car for a 10 minute presentation. Augh.
In happier news, the August dates for the Wishes Dessert Party were recently released!! I wanted to do something special and different on this trip and I think the party is perfect. I've heard of people not eating dinner so they can get their money' s worth by filling up on desserts, but I know we'd both feel sick if we did that! We'll have our entrees at Cali Grill (ADR is at 5:50) and have an appropriate amount of dessert at the party. Fortunately, this is a late Wishes night (10), so the party doesn't start until 9. By the time we finish dinner, we'll gave about an hour and a half before we engorge ouselves with sweets! Zach is really excited about having a reserved sport for Wishes without being shoved or crowded-- he loves that we get a designated table! I've heard mixed reports on how good the desserts are, but we're both pretty easy to please when it comes to Disney foods!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #25
MEK
DIS Veteran

Subbing. I can't see your pix right now (restricted computer), but you meal choices sure look yummy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Kylie, subscribing! love the plans so far & great ADRs

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #27
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

The Wishes Dessert party is so much fun! I went on a night that we were at the Food and Wine festival first so instead of having a huge dinner, we just snacked on some Food and Wine goodies, then went over to MK for the party. I was still only able to eat one plate of desserts, they are really filling! The desserts are really good!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #28
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great ADR choices Kylie! I never learn though to eat before I go on the Boards...then I'm starving I'm with you on the Dessert Party....I booked it more for the convenience than "getting my monies worth". We thought we would do CS that evening (we're using our TS at lunch that day) then head to our table....we're all looking forward to not standing in a sea of people for once
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I hope the presentation went well!

Yay for the Dessert Party! I can't wait to try it out on the honeymoon. It sounds like such a fun way to spend the evening. I can't imagine skipping dinner and just eating the sweets, though. I would be so sick too! I can't eat too much sugar on an empty stomach. I think your plan sounds great. You'll get to have a great meal, and then you'll have a good enough amount of time to let you food settle and work up a little appetite for some of the yummy desserts.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #30
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

The dessert parties sound fun! My kids are usually in bed long before 10pm so we've never done any of the dessert parties.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: