Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #136
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I love all your VB bags and other assorted VB items! There is no where here that you can buy them...I may have to look online! I did look at the Lug hipster and contemplated buying that yesterday but I just don't know....

I think if you can stay at one of the Universal resorts....that would be great to get in early!!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #137
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I love your VB cosmetic bag! I've been thinking about getting a new one, not because I need one, just because the one I have isn't 'cute' enough I may need to check out the VB website

Doesn't Universal give front of the line passes to it's hotel guests? That is quite an insentive for staying there........I know, totally not helping you forget about the idea
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #138
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Joining! Going back to finish catching up...
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #139
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I also blame the DIS for me purchasing VB items. I now have 3 bags and 3 wallets. Before DIS, I had never heard of VB!

You know you could stay in one of the good neighbor hotels for Universal and get the same benefits of staying onsite? Other than the express pass but you can't use that for HP anyway. Just a suggestion because the onsite hotels are expensive!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #140
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I love all your VB bags and other assorted VB items! There is no where here that you can buy them...I may have to look online! I did look at the Lug hipster and contemplated buying that yesterday but I just don't know....

I think if you can stay at one of the Universal resorts....that would be great to get in early!!
Ebay is a great source for buying VB!! I think there also is a place (or used to be?) in Universal City Walk, but don't quote me on that! Getting in early would be sooo nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I love your VB cosmetic bag! I've been thinking about getting a new one, not because I need one, just because the one I have isn't 'cute' enough I may need to check out the VB website

Doesn't Universal give front of the line passes to it's hotel guests? That is quite an insentive for staying there........I know, totally not helping you forget about the idea
Haha-- I had a perfectly functional non-brand make-up bag. Enter the Disboards-- now I have about five VB ones! LOL! Universal does give FOTL passes-- I know Zach would LOVE this! Don't worry, the more research I do on this, the more I'm getting into the idea-- I don't think I want to be talked out of it anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Joining! Going back to finish catching up...
Welcome! Hope you enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I also blame the DIS for me purchasing VB items. I now have 3 bags and 3 wallets. Before DIS, I had never heard of VB!

You know you could stay in one of the good neighbor hotels for Universal and get the same benefits of staying onsite? Other than the express pass but you can't use that for HP anyway. Just a suggestion because the onsite hotels are expensive!
The DIS is such an enabler-- got me to buy Reef's, Crocs, and a whole bunch of other things I never wanted but suddenly NEEDED haha.
If we do this, it'll definitely have to be a Universal resort. Royal Pacific is $246, taxes and all, which isn't bad. Zach would NEVER leave Disney for a random off-site hotel (I don't think I would either, to be honest). He likes this whole "on-site" thing-- and the Royal Pacific is much more luxurious than POR, which would be a draw.

Ideally, I would have liked this to be a surprise and just spring it on Zach. He's a bit of a worrier and the less time to think about things, the better. However, after doing some research, I've learned that Universal's cancellation policy is a full week. So, if I sprung this on him during dinner the night of and he wasn't thrilled about it...I'd have to force him to go or we'd lose all of that money. I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on him. So, I think I'll run it by him tonight and see what he thinks!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #141
klacey1
DIS Veteran

** PS-- I keep resizing and rotating my pictures in Photobucket and for some reason, those changes are not taking hold here...? They show up correctly on Photobucket, though, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Since we are officially under thirty days (exactly four weeks from tomorrow!!), I thought I'd share our daily plans, plus the outfits I'm planning on wearing! I think I mentioned that our vacations are pretty much the only time I get good pictures of Zach and I, so I like to look good! I think about what I'm going to wear pretty far in advance and finalize the list about a month before our trip.
Thankfully, our first day will not begin as early as it would have to if my dad didn't live in the Bronx. We live in the suburbs and to hire a car service to take us into the city would be expensive and eat up a lot of time. Instead, Zach and I will go to my dad's after work Tuesday night night and stay over. We'll eat yummy food and only have to leave between 5:50-6:00 a.m. for our 8:00 a.m. flight out of LaGuardia. It won't be great getting up at 5 or so, but much better than 4:00 a.m.! Plus-- it's Disney! Who can sleep much before Disney anyway?!
I forgot to take a picture of my traveling outfit, but I'll be wearing this tunic (in this color) with black capri leggings on the airplane:

I think it looks really cute on, and more importantly, comfortable! I'm always freezing on airplanes (so shorts are out), and can't stand wearing jeans while traveling, so leggings it is! I'll either wear my black Reef flip flops or Croc Malindi ballet flats.
I love airports, but most stores will be closed at the early hour. I like to buy my magazines/other flight entertainment in advance, so we'll skip the book stores, but we may stop at Au Bon Pain for a pastry (me) and coffee (Zach) after we go through security.(I may or may not have researched the food options available in terminal!)
We'll land in Orlando at 12:00 p.m., after a brif stop in Ohio (?? I'm not a geography wizard, but even I recognize that this makes no sense when flying from New York). I know I'll be flipping out at this point-- we'll be almost there! Zach will just be happy to ride the MCO monorail!

Hopefully, we'll be able to find ME easily (we had some trouble last trip)! In 2009, there was a pretty sizable line at the counter, but since we already had our tickets, a man at a podium directed us straight to the POR/YC/BC bus line. Is that a normal thing? I hope it happens again! We only waited 10 minutes for the bus.
I love the ME video! I can't imagine starting our vacation any other way!

I'm sure I'll spend the ride searching for alligators on the side of the road-- I love to do that in FL! Never spotted one-- hope I do some day! I also hope we're the first stop so we can get checked in quickly. Last time, we were lucky and our room was ready at 1 p.m. If it's not-- no worried. I'll have my park bag and a change of clothes in my carry-on. (Which I can leave with bells services if our room isn't ready)
I'm planning on carrying my VB hipster and this dress for the afternoon/dinner.

I think it's nice and bright for our first night of vacation! Bright colors also photograph well!
Depending on what time we get in/settled, we'll either go to DTD or head straight to Epcot. Since our ADR isn't until 7:05, I'm thinking we'll go to DTD. If we get there by 3:00, I'd like to have lunch at WPE, my favorite CS!
Either way, I think we'd need to leave DTD by 5:30. It probably makes the most sense to take a bus to YC/BC and walk, especially since we're eating in the WS, but Zach loves riding the monorail! We'll most likely take the bus to the Poly, walk to the TTC, and take the monorail from there. Also, I just love the front gates of Epcot! Nothing like seeing SE looming in front of you.
We'll probably head straight to the WS, but if we can build in a bit of time, I'd like to get in a ride on SE or MS. I know the line for Test Track will definitely be too long!
I'm so excited for this dinner! I think it's perfectly casual, which is good since we'll probably be exhausted from our travels. The Sunday roast and sticky toffee pudding look really yummy-- I hope they don't disappoint! Epcot will either be closed or close to it by the time we get out of time, so we'll most likely head straight for the buses. If we have a chance though, I'd like to slip into the line for Test Track before they cut it off for the night. It's one of our favorites, and we've never ridden it at night-- which I've heard is really fun!
Hopefully, the wait for the buses won't be too long and we'll be “home” at POR soon. I know we'll sleepily but excitedly climb into bed-- our vacation will be just beginning!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #142
jenny105
DIS Veteran

First day sounds great! I really like your outfits. I love tunics, they're so comfy.

You can't fly direct from NY?

I'm planning to use ME for our 2012 trip. We rented a car last year and I haven't used ME since 2009. I know I'm gonna be excited to board that bus and watch the cute video.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #143
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

That stinks that you have to go through Ohio. Are you changing planes or just stopping?
Cute outfits!!! I totally agree with being in comfy clothes on the plane. Your dress for dinner is great!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #144
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First day sounds great! I really like your outfits. I love tunics, they're so comfy.

You can't fly direct from NY?

I'm planning to use ME for our 2012 trip. We rented a car last year and I haven't used ME since 2009. I know I'm gonna be excited to board that bus and watch the cute video.
Thanks! I've never really worn Victoria's Secret clothing, but I got both that tunic and the dress there and really love them!
We can/have flown direct from NY, but we had some Airtran credits that we had to burn-- they were due to expire and not running any direct flights to MCO at the time we wanted, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
That stinks that you have to go through Ohio. Are you changing planes or just stopping?
Cute outfits!!! I totally agree with being in comfy clothes on the plane. Your dress for dinner is great!

Amanda
Fortunately, we are just stopping-- no changing planes/seats. Thanks-- I love that dress, too!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #145
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Thanks! I've never really worn Victoria's Secret clothing, but I got both that tunic and the dress there and really love them!
We can/have flown direct from NY, but we had some Airtran credits that we had to burn-- they were due to expire and not running any direct flights to MCO at the time we wanted, unfortunately.
I just got into wearing clothes from VS. I've bought a couple things recently that I really like from VS. So far so good!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #146
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how close your trip is getting! Love the tunic and the dress!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #147
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I missed your last 2 updates! I love all of your VB things! I really want to get one of their cosmetic bags, they're so cute!

I love the outfit you are going to wear on the plane! All I care about is being comfortable on the plane, so I usually end up wearing sweatpants, which is not very smart, considering it's usually pretty hot when we get to Florida!

Ugh, I hate when you have a flight that takes you somewhere that is out of the way! I was looking at random Jet Blue flights out of Orlando the other day, and some of them leave from Orlando, go to Puerto Rico, and then fly back to CT! How does that make sense?

Your first day sounds great! Your trip is so close now!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #148
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Hi I just started reading your ptr and it looks like you are going to have a great time. I had to laugh at all the references to Lake Compounce, since I live about 25 minutes away from there. Sometimes its funny to remember that the people on the internet are closer than you realize.

I have been considering getting a VB Hipster, and I think you just tipped the scales. Have a great time on your trip, I too am artistically impaired, but am planning on going to the Animation Academy since I know my niece will love it!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #149
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got into wearing clothes from VS. I've bought a couple things recently that I really like from VS. So far so good!
I just wish the stores sold the clothes so I could try the stuff on, you know? I like online shopping for most things-- except clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can't believe how close your trip is getting! Love the tunic and the dress!
Thanks! I know-- we're basically at 3 and a half weeks. CRAZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I don't know how I missed your last 2 updates! I love all of your VB things! I really want to get one of their cosmetic bags, they're so cute!

I love the outfit you are going to wear on the plane! All I care about is being comfortable on the plane, so I usually end up wearing sweatpants, which is not very smart, considering it's usually pretty hot when we get to Florida!

Ugh, I hate when you have a flight that takes you somewhere that is out of the way! I was looking at random Jet Blue flights out of Orlando the other day, and some of them leave from Orlando, go to Puerto Rico, and then fly back to CT! How does that make sense?

Your first day sounds great! Your trip is so close now!
I love the cosmetic bags!! They're cute and lined well-- plus, I can find lots of uses for them that go beyond just make up.
I made the mistake of wearing a terry sweatpant/hoodie combo our last trip and severely regretted it once we got to FL! I think this year's plan is better for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliquig View Post
Hi I just started reading your ptr and it looks like you are going to have a great time. I had to laugh at all the references to Lake Compounce, since I live about 25 minutes away from there. Sometimes its funny to remember that the people on the internet are closer than you realize.

I have been considering getting a VB Hipster, and I think you just tipped the scales. Have a great time on your trip, I too am artistically impaired, but am planning on going to the Animation Academy since I know my niece will love it!
Welcome! Yes, it really is a small world-- so many Dis'ers live super close to me!
The hipster is such a great park bag-- I don't know how it would work for a mom who has kids still in diapers, etc. (Probably need another bag), but for DBF and I, it's perfect!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #150
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Zach and I are making a little trip to this mall in CT that's about an hour, hour twenty away from us. They have a Vera Bradley store that I want to check out-- plus, I have a coupon! We've also gotten in a rut of doing the same thing every weekend, so I think a drive and a change will be nice!

Day 2: I never can sleep in at a hotel-- no matter where I'm staying. This trait comes in handy at Disney! We plan to make rope drop everyday, and our first full day is AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom! The MK has to be our first full-day park, so this works out perfectly. I plan to leave our room around 7ish to catch the bus and be there in time for the opening show-- anyone know if they do the full opening when it's EMH? It always brings a tear to my eye-- I have to see it at least once a trip!

I'll be dressed in a Disney shirt this day, a rarity for me. I don't wear Disney shirts IRL, so to spend money on clothes I'd only wear on one vacation seemed a little silly. However, I scored this top for only $8 (with shipping) on Ebay!

It's very popular on the DIS—I've definitely seen it on more than one PTR/TR! I like that it's a character shirt, but has a cute shape. Ariel is not my favorite Disney princess, but The Little Mermaid is a great movie!
Doubtlessly, our first ride will be Space Mountain! This was closed for refurb on our las trip, so Zach has never ridden it and I haven't been on it years. I'm excited to check out the changes/new queue. We'll definitely head to Buzz next-- it's a favorite and we'll obviously be in the area!

Side note-- this picture is meant to be funny, haha. He knows his crossbody map case looks very feminine slung over one shoulder and wanted me to tell everyone that he is going for the “pretending to be Zurg's sad wife” thing. WINK
I'd like to tackle Fantasyland next-- hopefully the lines aren't ridiculous yet. We've never been on Snow White's Scary Adventures-- never had much of a desire. Since it's closing, however, I don't want to regret not riding it. We'll do Peter Pan's Flight, too-- the sight of Zach's interaction with the little girl that made him realize how amazing Disney is! We like other FL rides, too-- Mickey's Philharmagic is a personal favorite and Zach LOVES iasw, but since those infrequently have a line, I'd rather wait until the crowded part of the day. Same with Hall of Presidents and the Haunted Mansion-- I actually don't even know if either of those rides would be open during AM EMH.
I'm assuming BTMRR and Splash will already have decent-sized lines at this point, but if not, we'll ride both of those. As I said before-- we are pretty laid back once we get to each park. We know what we'd like to ride and try to make sure we fit each in, but don't have a set plan of what to hit when.
Once lunchtime hits, though, I know where we'll be-- Cosmic Rays!

I love the variety here! Plus, I think the rotisserie chicken will be a nice alternative to chicken nuggets and fries-- I don't want to get stuck in the same rut that we did last trip!
After lunch, we'll hit up some more rides and definitely stop at our two favorite snack stops-- Aloha Isle for me (Dole Whip!!) and Main Street Bakery for Zach (pastry and coffee)!

Most likely, we'll leave the park around 4. After hitting every park for rope drop, we learned last trip that afternoon rests are essential! We don't nap or swim-- mostly just rest in the room and change for dinner.
We'll probably leave POR around 6:00 for our 8:00 p.m. Reservation in Epcot...

at...

The Coral Reef!
I hope we have enough time to ride Test Track before dinner-- it's one of our favorites. Last trip, we made the mistake of thinking we had enough time to ride it before our Coral Reef ADR and ended up running to the Seas to make our reservation! All was well, but the stress wasn't worth it! We'll only ride this year if we DEFINITELY have enough time.
I forgot to take a picture of the sundress I'll be changing into, but it's exactly the same as the one in this picture, just in navy blue:

It's very comfortable-- plus, I do think it goes with the “sea” theme of the day very well! (Ariel by day, blue dress/Coral Reef by night.)
I just adore the Coral Reef-- last trip, we had phenomenal service and great food. Plus, even though it's filled with kids (obviously, it's Disney!), I find the atmosphere romantic. Perfect for a “date!”
Epcot will definitely be closed by the time we get out of dinner, so we'll head straight for the buses. I know we'll sleep soundly after a perfect first full day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: