Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

It's my birthday and you are kicking off the Dream...

Thats right, they are going to be kicking me off the Dream on my birthday in February 2012. But they will be checking me into Saratoga Springs once I hit Orlando. Our trip is going to begin on February 22nd, when we fly out of Philly or Allentown, not sure which yet. When we get to Orlando, we will probably hit up the parks. We will be buying our park tickets in advance. We are going to spend February 23rd to the 26th on the Dream heading to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. Upon return we are renting points from one of the other coaches in our soccer association. He has agreed to add the dining plan for us, so the land part of our trip is going to be pieced together quite a bit.

When we came home in December 2010, we knew our next trip was going to include cruising at some point. Well, the kids knew they wanted to go on the Dream. Since this will be the very first cruise for any of us, we figured, a 3-day cruise might be out best option to test the waters. (no pun intended) We also traveling all that way for three days isnt really worth it, so we found some ways to add a few days in WDW as well.

Table of Contents:
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: So you want all the details

Last edited by jason4024; 07-12-2011 at 06:51 AM.
jason4024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
jason4024
DIS Dad #541

So you want all the details?

The Who: Me - Jason - 32yo father of two amazing kids. Both are straight a students and work very hard to excel in their extra cirriculars. To earn the money, I am Technical Support representative for an ISP in Northeast PA. I am also a board member/coach/webmaster for soccer association and a volunteer firefighter.

Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Character: Stitch
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Show: Rope Drop at the Magic Kingdom
Favorite Meal: 'Ohana

DW - Leslie - The one that talked me into working on this pre-trip report. We have been together since 1994, high school sweethearts, that had our first date in Fenway Park. We started hanging out on a band trip to Boston and while we were sitting in the right field bleachers, she leaned in said, "so I guess this is our official first date." She is definitely my rock. She has helped me through many tough times, especially when I lost my dad. She is Lab Technician at a local hospital, or "scientist" as the kids say. She is also very active with the soccer association.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Character: Malificent
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Show: Dream Along with Mickey
Favorite Meal: Chef Mickey

DD7 - Kaylee - She is the older of the kids. She will be eight when we travel next to Disney, and it will be her 4th trip already. She loves everything Disney, especially the Princesses. We took her once while Leslie was pregnant with Kory, because she was having trouble with all the special things getting ready for the new baby.

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Character: Jasmine
Favorite Ride: Its a Small World
Favorite Show: Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade
Favorite Meal: Cinderella's Royal Table

DS4 - Kory - He is the animal of the bunch. He is a very active and loves playing soccer, building blocks, and recently started martial arts lessons. This will be his third trip to the World.

Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Character: Sorcerer Mickey
Favorite Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania
Favorite Show: Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Meal: Pizza Planet

The What: Our first ever Land/Sea trip.

The Where: Again 3 nights on the Dream and 3 nights at Saratoga Springs

The When: February 22nd at All Star Movies(kids choice), February 23-26th (Disney Dream), and Feb 26th-29th at Saratoga Springs.

The Why: Do we really need a reason? Well, it is finally time to go for my birthday, and we are also celebrating our 10th anniversary and me Earning my Ears from the College of Disney Knowledge!

Last edited by jason4024; 07-05-2011 at 09:40 AM.
jason4024 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great start jason!!!! love the ears!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Jason! I'm joining in! Was curious to find out the meaning behind your title!

Lol at being kicked off the Dream on your actual birthday but at least you will still be at Disney and checking into Saratoga Springs! I would love to do a cruise one day but at the minute with it being my first trip to Disney think I will stick with a land package!

Love that you and your wife are high school sweethearts!

Yay on getting your ears from the College of Disney Knowledge! They look great.

Look forward to reading more!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Queila
DIS Veteran

Signing up!

A Land\Sea trip is my dream trip so I will be living it through you and your family if you do not mind.
Q
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
MissStitch626
Mouseketeer

Great start! I suppose I could live with being kicked off the Dream if I had to 'make do' with Saratoga Springs

Can't wait to read how your first cruise goes!
September 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside

November 2013 - Art of Animation
MissStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
jason4024
DIS Dad #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great start jason!!!! love the ears!
I'm surprise you dont have yours yet. It seems to be the cool thing to do for the DisDads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Jason! I'm joining in! Was curious to find out the meaning behind your title!

Lol at being kicked off the Dream on your actual birthday but at least you will still be at Disney and checking into Saratoga Springs! I would love to do a cruise one day but at the minute with it being my first trip to Disney think I will stick with a land package!

Love that you and your wife are high school sweethearts!

Yay on getting your ears from the College of Disney Knowledge! They look great.

Look forward to reading more!
Thanks for joining. I read most of your pre-trip stuff yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Signing up!

A Land\Sea trip is my dream trip so I will be living it through you and your family if you do not mind.
Q
Not at all - Hope you enjoy the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStitch626 View Post
Great start! I suppose I could live with being kicked off the Dream if I had to 'make do' with Saratoga Springs

Can't wait to read how your first cruise goes!
SSR is one of the resorts on the DW's bucket list. Cant wait to cross it off!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
I'm surprise you dont have yours yet. It seems to be the cool thing to do for the DisDads...

Thanks for joining. I read most of your pre-trip stuff yesterday!

Not at all - Hope you enjoy the ride

SSR is one of the resorts on the DW's bucket list. Cant wait to cross it off!
i would but i could give the test!!! i thought about it but i deal with people all day long. i have to make people happy for the temp. in there house. its not easy. eveyone is comfortable at dif. temps. so, the last thing i want to do is try to please someone on a vacation and there are alot of people in this world you just cant please if you had to. so if someone ask me how i do or what i think, i tell them but other than that, i stay away.people have been telling me for year i should do this for a living but than it wouldnt be any fun any more for me.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Joining in, can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I could think of worse places to be kicked out of on your birthday!

Looks like a fun trip!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #11
jason4024
DIS Dad #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I could think of worse places to be kicked out of on your birthday!

Looks like a fun trip!
I have been kicked out of worse places on many of birthdays! Heck, I will just be happy to wake on the Dream.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been kicked out of worse places on many of birthdays! Heck, I will just be happy to wake on the Dream.
great, you changed your pic.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 AM   #13
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Thats right, they are going to be kicking me off the Dream on my birthday in February 2012. But they will be checking me into Saratoga Springs once I hit Orlando. Our trip is going to begin on February 22nd, when we fly out of Philly or Allentown, not sure which yet. When we get to Orlando, we will probably hit up the parks. We will be buying our park tickets in advance. We are going to spend February 23rd to the 26th on the Dream heading to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. Upon return we are renting points from one of the other coaches in our soccer association. He has agreed to add the dining plan for us, so the land part of our trip is going to be pieced together quite a bit.

When we came home in December 2010, we knew our next trip was going to include cruising at some point. Well, the kids knew they wanted to go on the Dream. Since this will be the very first cruise for any of us, we figured, a 3-day cruise might be out best option to test the waters. (no pun intended) We also traveling all that way for three days isnt really worth it, so we found some ways to add a few days in WDW as well.

Table of Contents:
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: So you want all the details

You got me with the title! Very interesting PTR! Thanks for posting! I can't wait to read more.

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 09-09-2011 at 02:44 AM.
The Disney Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: