Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

FP Wait Times, Now???

We leave in a short while. I have read about the glitch last week DHS/Epcot and read about FP lines being really backed up at certain times.

I'm just wanting to manage my family's expectations. Are these occurences still happening and are they widespread of hit and miss.

We are fine either way. I'm just looking for information so I can manage emotions in my family.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
SSR
DIS Veteran

www.easywdw.com/waits
SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
We leave in a short while. I have read about the glitch last week DHS/Epcot and read about FP lines being really backed up at certain times.

I'm just wanting to manage my family's expectations. Are these occurences still happening and are they widespread of hit and miss.

We are fine either way. I'm just looking for information so I can manage emotions in my family.
Don't expect to tour like you used to in the fall. If you get fp+, expect those to be the only FPs you'll get for any of the big rides, or get them at rope drop for late at night. It's a mess here right now. Huge disappointment in what we are used to.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
vleeth
I heart Disney

Nothing like touringplans has predicted. Guess I'll see for myself next week how far off they are.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Bouncin-Tigger
DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit

We have magic bands and a great day at magic kingdom yesterday, we did 10 attractions and lunch and were there 4 hours. Now epcot today was busy, we had a 9am fast pass plus Resv. For test track got there at 9:10 and fast pass times wee at 6pm return. We had afternoon soarin and they were gone for the day. We have come every year this time for 7 years and it feels much busier than ever, it is true that there is no slow time here anymore just not as busy. Fast pass plus has been an amazing tool that when testing is done will be the best way to get around the parks.
10/19-10/26 1br BLT
2014 TRIPS
5/29-6/9 1 br SSR
8/1-8/8 Art of Animation
12/13-12/21 1 br BLT
Bouncin-Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

I get the FPs are going fast due to FP+ but how are the actual FP lines...I thought I read they were very sluggish (but just the big rides!)
Old 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
shan136
Mouseketeer

The actual FP lines get backed up but they move quickly. We did TSM on Saturday and it was about 10 minutes from when we got in the line to when we sat in the car.

As for the FP+s, I can't imagine coming to the parks right now without them. The walk on waits this afternoon for all the major rides in MK are 60-75 minutes and it's so hot!
shan136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Ugh...I know I saw teacher cups out at 25 minutes around lunchtime...we usually go week one December where the weather is in the 70s and the lines are very manageable. I'm wondering if we will be happy with our October visit this year??? Well, it's disney but as happy....
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93
Ugh...I know I saw teacher cups out at 25 minutes around lunchtime...we usually go week one December where the weather is in the 70s and the lines are very manageable. I'm wondering if we will be happy with our October visit this year??? Well, it's disney but as happy....
Lol. Gotta love autocorrect. It took me a whilt ti figure out teacher cups are tea cups.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
steph12
Mouseketeer

This is our first time staying offsite so we don't have fastpass +. The waits are crazy without it. We got in line yesterday at nemo and what normally is just a walk on ride had a 35 minute wait b/c of the fastpass +!! It takes forever for the cm to scan the bands and backs up the regular line. We also tried to do character spot in the morning. It showed a 10 min wait and there were only 4 families in front of us. The fastpass + people would get in their line and the cm would take them first the whole time without letting any of the regular line go. We waited 50 minutes and just left b/c only 1 of the families in front of us in the regular line had been let in. If they would just alternate 3 fastpass + and 1 regular line family it would be so much more fair.

This has been very frustrating for us. We come to Disney 2 times a year and have never seen anything like this. We did rope drop and ran to soarin and got fast passes for 4:30! They were all gone by 10:00. We didn't even get to do test track b/c the fast passes were gone before we could pull another fastpass and without it you would never get thru that line. We won't be coming back for a long time now. Such a shame to mess up something that wasn't broken.
steph12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Lol. Gotta love autocorrect. It took me a whilt ti figure out teacher cups are tea cups.
Tea cups!!!! Thank goodness you figured that one out. LOL I couldn't.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
ktmo
Mouseketeer

We just got back. I found that the FP lines to clog up before you really enter the line. Some of the fast pass lines looked long just to get the CM to give your fast pass, but once you got in, they went fast. I think it is just a hold up scanning MBs or the CM talking with people in line about a problem with their FP.

Our longest wait was with Toy Story Mania. Waited outside to show fast pass (probably 20 people deep), then the line inside about 10 minutes to get on the ride. That was the longest. The rest were pretty smooth.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: