DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

How to use BirdsOfPreyDave's DVC Signature Images

I've developed some DVC graphics as an option for DISboards users to display in their signature. This thread gives directions on how to use these graphics in your signature. Two methods are described: one in which you download the images from the web, upload them to your own web hosting site, and create your signature using your local copy of the graphics. And a second, easier, option to link directly to the images on my BirdsOfPreyDave web site.

First, here are some samples of what the signatures look like...

As you can see, the signatures can be pieced together in any number of combinations to create one unique to your tastes and ownership.

The next few posts will give you a library of the different images that are available (post #2), how to copy the images in this library to your own PhotoBucket account (post #3) and use those copied images to create your signature (post #), or if you prefer, how to link directly to the images on my BirdsOfPreyDave web site to create your signature (post #5).

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 02-25-2012 at 11:44 AM.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Library of Signature Elements

Versions of this logo with the year you joined are in post number 16

Versions of this logo with the year you joined are in post number 17

Versions of this logo with the year you joined are in post number 18

Versions of this logo with the year you joined are in post number 19

Additional library elements have been added in subsequent threads. Please check below for more options.

Looking for Grand Floridian? It's in this post.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 07-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

How to Copy the Signature Elements to your own PhotoBucket Account
(Please note that free PhotoBucket accounts have a monthly limit to the amount of bandwidth your images use. If, for example, you post frequently on the DisBOARDS, or post in threads with a lot of views, you may notice that your signature disappears near the end of the month, and then re-appears later. This is because you've exceeded the number of times your PhotoBucket pictures can be viewed for that month. An alternative that avoids this problem is to either (a) purchase a premium PhotoBucket account, which doesn't have a bandwidth limit, or (b) use the direct link option to host your signature on my BirdsOfPreyDave web site. Skip down to post #5 if you'd like to use the direct link alternative.)

Part 1: Saving the images to your computer

The first step is to select which images you want to use in your signature, and save them to your computer. (These instructions apply to Windows only. Mac users will have to adapt the instructions accordingly.)

1(a): Right-click on the first image you want in your signature. A menu will appear. From that menu, select the option to "Save Picture As."

1(b): You can change the file name if you like, but it is not necessary. Take note of which directory you're saving the file in, and click the "save" button.

1(c): Repeat this process for all other signature elements you want to use.

Part 2: Copying the images from your computer to an online image sharing account

If you don't already have an image sharing account, one option is www.photobucket.com. You can create a free account on this site, and it's easy to use.

2(a): After clicking the link, above, you should be taken to a page that looks similar to this. If you don't already have a PhotoBucket account, click the "sign up" link.

2(b): Next, fill out the account sign up form, and submit it using the "sign me up!" button at the bottom of the page.

2(c): Once you have an account, click the "upload now" button.

2(d): Then, click the "Select photos and videos" button.

2(e): You will be presented with a Windows file selector. Navigate to the directory where you saved the images. Then, while holding down the Ctrl key, click on each image to be uploaded. (Holding down the Ctrl key allows you to select more than one image at a time.) When all the images you want to upload are highlighted in blue (selected), click the "Open" button.

2(f): A thermometer will go across the screen showing the progress of the file upload...

2(g): When your upload is complete, this screen will appear.

2(h): Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "Save and continue to my album" button.

2(i): An album will appear with all the images you've uploaded. It should now contain everything you need to make your DisBoards DVC Signature.

Congratulations, your images are now online, and can be used with DisBoards.

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 09-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

How to Use Your Copied Signature Elements to Create a Signature

Part 3: Opening the Signature Editor

3(a): If you don't already have DisBoards open, open it and log in, if necessary. Note: don't close your PhotoBucket window. Leave it open and bring up DisBoards in either a new browser or a new tab. You'll need to get to both of them during this procedure.

3(b): At the top of the DisBoards forum, look for a link that says "User CP" on the aqua line. This stands for "User Control Panel." Click it to access your control panel menu.

3(c): Next, select the option to "Edit Signature."

Part 4: Creating the signature

The signature editor works the same way as the editor you use for creating posts. To create the DVC signature, you'll piece together the different elements into a single picture the same way you piece together words in a sentence. Don't put any spaces or carriage returns between the images.

4(a): If you already have a signature, place your cursor in the location where you want the DVC image to appear. If you don't already have a signature, you'll have a blank page. Place your cursor at the top of the editing area.

4(b): Switch back to your PhotoBucket window, and find the first image you want in your signature. This should be one of the left elements. Don't click anything yet, just find where it is in your PhotoBucket album.

4(c): Without clicking, hold your mouse over the image and "hover." A menu will appear. The bottom line of this menu says "IMG CODE" and has a box with code in it. Click inside this box.

4(d): The text will momentarily change to "Copied."

4(e): Switch back to your DisBoards window and click in the signature editor where you want to insert the image. Hold down the Ctrl key, and press "V". Ctrl+V is the standard Windows shortcut for the "Copy" command. The IMG code associated with your image is copied.

4(f): Now, repeat steps 4(b) through 4(e) for the other images you want in your signature, adding the IMG code immediately following the one you just placed.

4(g): If you click the "Preview Signature" button, you'll see how your signature looks before you save it. (In this picture, the first two pieces of the signature have been added.)

4(h): Keep going until your signature preview looks how you want it to.

4(i): When you have your signature how you like it, press the "Save Signature" button.

You've done it!

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 09-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Linking directly to the images on the BirdsOfPreyDave web page

How to Link Directly to Existing Elements on the BirdsOfPreyDave web site to Create a Signature
(This alternate way to add graphics to your signature is convenient if you don't have an online hosting account you can use to save your own images, and don't care to sign up for one. Linking directly to images on my BirdsOfPreyDave web site is permitted, and shouldn't be a problem as I'm now paying for unlimited bandwidth for the site. Please note, though, that you should not use these procedures to link to graphics on other web sites unless the owner of that site has specifically granted permission for direct links.)

Part 1: Opening the Signature Editor

1(a): If you don't already have DisBoards open, open it and log in, if necessary.

1(b): At the top of the DisBoards forum, look for a link that says "User CP" on the aqua line. This stands for "User Control Panel." Click it to access your control panel menu.

1(c): Next, select the option to "Edit Signature."

Part 2: Creating the signature

The signature editor works the same way as the editor you use for creating posts. To create the DVC signature, you'll piece together the different elements into a single picture the same way you piece together words in a sentence. Don't put any spaces or carriage returns between the images.

2(a): If you already have a signature, place your cursor in the location where you want the DVC image to appear. If you don't already have a signature, you'll have a blank page. Place your cursor at the top of the editing area.

2(b): Make sure the editor is in WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) mode. This is done using the Switch Editor Mode icon at the top-right of the editor window (It's the icon that looks like two letter 'A' in a fraction, just above the smiley).

If this icon has a white box around it, and looks like this: , skip to step 2(d).

2(c): If the icon does not have a white box around it, click it with the left mouse button to toggle it on.

2(d): Open the BirdsOfPreyDave signature library by clicking the following link with the right mouse button. Right-click this link., then select Open in New Tab from the menu that appears.

2(e): Look through the signature elements listed, and select the one you want to add to your signature.

2(f): Right-click on the picture you want, and select Copy from the menu that appears.

2(g): Switch back to the window where you're editing your signature (a quick shortcut for switching between tabs in Internet Explorer is Ctrl+Tab). Place your cursor in the position where you want to place the graphic, then right-click with the mouse. Select paste from the menu that appears.

The graphic will be added to your signature.

4(h): Now, repeat steps 4(e) through 4(g) for the other images you want in your signature, placing them immediately after the one you just placed.

4(i): When you have your signature how you like it, press the "Save Signature" button.

You've done it!

Last edited by BirdsOfPreyDave; 09-10-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all the information....I lost my signature and wasn't able to figure out how to get it back. This really helps me out a lot . Now, I am off to recreate my Signature
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Very nice! Thanks!

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Member since buttons - Small Blue

Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Old 09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
PSC
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much for allowing us to link directly to your photobucket account!

PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Ok, I'll bow to the pressure from the purists and nostalgias who don't like the new logo. Here are some options with the two-mountain logo.

Which can, of course, be combined with the existing elements to make signatures like these...

Old 09-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #14
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Again thank you for the images and thank you so much for doing this for us ....you are so creative.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Wow, these are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing and allowing us to use them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: