Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #31
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more! I also have a 21 month old!!!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #32
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I would be so mad about the smoking room, that sucks

Love the pics from downtown disney!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Disney World... here we come!

We woke up at 5:30am to get going for our 8:35am ADR with the princesses in THE castle! Cinderella’s Royal Table here we come! We left the house at 6:20, made it to our hotel (All Star Movies) a little before 7am. I had done online checkin, so it only took me about 5 minutes to get our key cards. I was disappointed with our room selection. We were in Mighty Ducks building 2. We really wanted the Toy Story area, but I couldn’t resist doing online check in when we were 10 days out, so we got what we got I got back in the car and we were headed back out to the TTC. It was extra magic hours that day, so the park opened at 8am. We got to the TTC at about 7:40… we took a little detour in the parking lot not knowing where we were going.
Then it was our first “ride”… the choo choo Alexis later learned that it was called a monorail.

We made it to MK by about 8am (we had to take the resort monorail, so it took a little longer with the stops) and stopped to take our family picture in front of the castle.

A couple other pictures…

Alexis wanted to take a picture with the other statues too

When we got close to the castle she took off running!

We checked into CRT a little early, about 8:15am. They took our stroller to the stroller parking for us and we were told to go right ahead to take our picture with Cinderella.
Andrew loved all the little details inside the castle. He snapped this picture while we were waiting for our picture with Cinderella

Alexis loved Cinderella… Kaitlyn? Not so much…

In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have done the meal with the picture package included as our 1st character encounter. As time went by both girls got more comfortable with the characters. Alexis more so than Kaitlyn, but both of them got better and the picture we got included in the CRT package wasn't that great.

After pictures, and me yelling at Andrew for putting away the camera as I was telling Alexis to give Cinderella a hug (which she did, but we have no pictures of!) we headed upstairs for breakfast.

We had time to order our food before the Princesses started coming. I think I was ½ way through with my meal before the 1st princess came by, but after that they came pretty fast and I was just finishing with my food by the time we saw them all. We also got to do a Wishing ceremony. I didn’t think we’d get the little wand and wishing star, since the girls were under 3, but they were included : )
I got the stuffed French toast with bacon. It was SOOOOO good. I love stuffed French toast, and I think this was the best I’ve ever had. The bacon was ok. The girls each got French toast which was included with our meal at no charge, which I thought was nice. They also brought a plate of different breakfast breads. My favorite was the chocolate croissant. There were plain croissants and cinnamon rolls too. Andrew got a meal with eggs, bacon and potatoes. He said it was all good. Oh, we got a bowl of fruit too. Kaitlyn really liked that!

I totally forgot about taking food pictures. I was soaking up the princessyness of it all. Alexis just loved it. Every time she’d see a princess walking around she’d say “look! There’s Ariel” etc. But, you can see some of it in some of my pics. You can see my French toast here and Kaitlyn chowing down on some fruit, dipped in my whipped cream.

Wishing ceremony (and Andrew’s meal)

Snow White, our first princess. She was so good with the character. She had the high pitched voice and talked about her animal friends. So cute!

Aurora was up next.

When Ariel came by, she started to get down on Alexis’s level a little bit, and when she did that Alexis copied her and sat on the ground. So then they sat on the ground and talked for a little while. She was really cute too. Called Alexis a starfish and Kaitlyn a guppy… and instead of “cheese” when we took the picture, she said “seaweed”.

Kaitlyn wasn’t really interested in the princesses, so we didn’t force her to take her picture with them. She was more interested in her sippy cup

Last up was Belle… Alexis’s favorite! I’m kinda bummed that we never got around to seeing her in her ballgown, maybe next time!

continued in the next post...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #34
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

continued...

After we finished eating, we picked up our stroller from the “stroller parking”, and changed the girls out of their dresses. They got their diapers changed too (which is important to note for the next paragraph!) then we headed straight to Dumbo. But it was about 9:15am by that point, which means the park had been open for an hour and 15 minutes for resort guests and only 15 minutes for the general public. The posted wait time was already 40 minutes! UGH. I was going to skip it and try again on our next MK day, but Alexis saw them and really wanted to ride. So I explained to her that there was a really long wait, but if she wanted to wait we could. She wanted to, so we waited. While we were at the end of the line, Andrew snapped this picture of the fantasyland expansion-

Waiting in line-

While we were in line I was holding Kaitlyn and she peed…. all over me. Nice. Apparently when DH changed her diaper, he gave her a wedgie, which resulted in pee all over my side. It was almost our turn, so I did what any good mom would do and sucked it up lol! We went on the ride and then changed Kaitlyn into her extra outfit and a new diaper afterward.

Fantasyland expansion from Dumbo-

After Dumbo, I learned my first lesson about Disney with toddlers…. Well, 2nd I guess, but I haven’t shared either yet, so I’ll do that now. 1st is that you should bring some sort of white noise for the hotel room. Both the girls sleep with white noise in their room at home, so I don’t know why in the world in the boatload of crap that I packed I didn’t think to pack one of their sound machine/cd players! Ok, on to the 2nd lesson- pack an “extra outfit” that is as cute as all your other outfits you have planned because you might be taking pictures of that all day. We got about 2-3 pictures of Kaitlyn in her super cute Cinderella shirt and the rest of the day she was in the dress. Cute, but not Disney themed, and we went home with extra Disney stuff she never got to wear. After that I packed the girls 2nd outfit of the day in our bag as their extra outfit. That way they almost always got to wear their 2nd outfit, even if we didn’t make it back for naps and they were always nice and themed.

I really wanted to go in a store and buy a new shirt so I didn’t have to wear a shirt that had been peed on, but by this time it was mostly dried, so I sucked up so I didn’t have to spend a bunch of money on a shirt. Gross? Maybe, but oh well! lmao
Next we decided we’d run to frontierland to get fastpasses for Splash Mountain, then come back to Fantasyland. When we got to Splash I was excited to show Alexis to see if she wanted to ride it. She was barely 40”, so tall enough to try to get on some of the big rides. I had showed her videos of the ride on youtube and she said she wanted to ride it. When she saw the big drop though she started crying and saying she didn’t want to ride it. So… we nixed that idea. On the way back Country Bear Jamboree was 5 minutes till showtime, so we decided to stop and watch. Alexis LOVED it! She laughed at everything and thought it was the best show ever. We ended up doing this twice during our trip, and she wanted to do it more, but we had to convince her that there were other things to see/do.
Afterward Alexis was asking for a cookie. I don’t know where she got that idea from, but she really wanted a cookie…. It was about snack time, so I said sure, we’ll find someplace with a cookie. We went into a shop with candy/cookies and she got distracted by the big display of cotton candy. It counted as a snack credit, so we let her get that instead of a cookie. Worked out well because that stretched a little further as a snack for everyone instead of just for Alexis.
As we walked out of the shop, we saw frontier Donald! The line wasn’t too bad, so we stopped.

Sharing her cotton candy with daddy while waiting in line-

On our way back to Fantasyland Alexis saw other people getting their pictures taken in the stocks and wanted hers too… so here’s the obligatory stocks picture!

It was at this point that we decided going all the way back to our hotel for naps wasn’t going to happen. We had an ADR at Crystal Palace at 3:30pm and it would take almost 2 hours in travel time back and forth, plus getting the girls to nap once we got to the hotel. So we decided to skip it. We’ll see how that goes later *wink* <--- I used all my photos for this post on real photos lol

We finally get to ride Small World, which Alexis has been asking to ride since we first passed it.

Both the girls loved it… Alexis pointed everything out that she possibly could and Kaitlyn waved at all the people She loved all the dancing too.

Next was Philharmagic. We had received a “bonus” fast pass for this earlier when we got fast passes for Peter Pan. I guess on super busy days a fast pass would be necessary, but today (and a later day we were there) we just walked in and waited for the next show to start… no need for a FP.

Everyone LOVED Philharmagic! I was surprised with how well both the girls did with the 3D glasses. Alexis was reaching out trying to touch all the 3D effects, and Kaitlyn just sat in Andrew’s lap in a trance. I don’t want to ruin anything for anyone, but there was one “4D” effect that scared Kaitlyn a little bit and the end was everyone’s favorite part! Alexis asked several times that day to go to the “Mickey show” again.
Next we used our FPs for Peter Pan. I know it’s a classic ride and all, but without the FPs I can’t see waiting in that line for that ride! Kaitlyn was scared and clung to me like her life depended on it… it was dark and I don’t think she liked the flying feeling. Alexis has never seen Peter Pan, so she didn’t really appreciate the ride as much as she could have. With the FP the ride was pretty much a walk on… definitely worth it. Without the FP? No way… the wait was at least 45 minutes at that point for the standby line.
Next up we rode the carousel. There was no wait. I forget what Andrew was doing, but we had to wait a 2nd rotation for him to get there so he could ride with us. Alexis wanted to ride this again later, but we never did. We have a carousel in our mall… I know it’s not the same, but close enough to not spend too much time on it at Disney!

After this both the girls were starting to get really fussy. It was nap time, but we decided not to go back to the room for naps, remember? It was also past lunch time, but we had a 3:30 dinner ADR, so we decided to just go get a snack in an air conditioned building. But…. On our way we saw the Fairy Godmother! It was a pretty short line, so we waited.

I’m not sure if we had a specific snack place in mind, but we were headed to Main Street. We stopped to enjoy the end of the Dream Along with Mickey show. Really good show. Andrew was really impressed with the costumes in this show- the ones for Mickey and the gang. Their eyes blink and their mouths move! Very impressive we thought.
Watching the show-

Finally, we made it to Main Street for a snack. Where did we go? Main Street Bakery! I, having done my research, got the chocolate chip cookie icecream sandwich. Ah-mazing! Sorry, no pictures… the place was PACKED and by this time the girls were in wretched moods. Alexis got a sugar cookie with sprinkles, the girls got some Cheetos to share and Andrew got… something. When Andrew finished his snack we took Kaitlyn outside because she was crying and didn’t want to sit still. When I was at a point in my icecream sandwich that I could take it with me (about ½ way through) I cleaned our table off and took Alexis out to find Andrew and Kaitlyn. When we walked out the door I heard a big band playing music, so I headed that way… I figured that would be entertaining for Kaitlyn. But when I turned and started walking, this is what I found-

This is where I learned my next lesson- don’t try to move a sleeping child… We thought we’d go do something kind of relaxing and let her sleep on DH. So we decided on the train. Kaitlyn stayed asleep until we loaded up on the train… then she was up. So, that was a nice 10 minute nap. Lesson learned. We should’ve just let her sleep where Andrew was sitting. We agreed next time that happened the other one of us would get the one stuck with the sleeping child a snack and take the other kid on a ride.

Andrew took these pictures while we were getting more water at the old toontown stop.

Up next, the end of our first full day at Disney… and dinner with Winnie the Pooh!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #35
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

I am here!!!! Just got back on Sunday, June 12 and have almost continuously been working on laundry. Now that I finally have that caught up, I can dive in! Cannot wait to read more.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #36
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Glad to see the princess breakfast was good, but sorry about the pee issue. That has happened to us twice at night at time and we are forced to change our DD's sheets late at night. It's such a pain. We finally put her in nightime pull ups which she actually likes way less out of and of course, since we are potty training, she likes them better anyway. We found that the stroller is a great place for our kids to nap. We see they are getting tired, they climb in and they are usually out in minutes. It's weird, because I thought they wouldn't be able to nap at parks, but they always find a way to. Can't wait to read more. Your pictures are great.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #37
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Ariel was so sweet to get down on the floor with your dd!

Sorry you got peed on! We had a couple needs for clothing changes as well!

Where did. you get those shirts? They are so cute!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #38
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Sorry you got peed on!

Love all the pics!!

I never made it to Main Street Bakery.

What is the Wishing Ceremony? We've never done CRT before ...

Can't wait to hear more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #39
ctink23
Mouseketeer

Great first day at MK! The princess breakfast looks like so much fun! I feel like you guys have done so much, and it is not even time for your 3:30 ADR! I love Crystal Palace, so I am very excited to hear about it and see pictures!

I totally agree about the white noise machine. I don't have kids yet, but I have to bring a fan or noise machine whenever I go to a hotel. Sometimes, I wonder if the TSA thinks I am strange for packing a fan in my carry-on.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #40
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post

Where did you get those shirts? They are so cute!
The Belle/Cinderella shirts came from Kmart! Alexis loved hers, she actually got to wear it all day and all the characters/CMs would call her Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I never made it to Main Street Bakery.

What is the Wishing Ceremony? We've never done CRT before ...

Can't wait to hear more!
Bummer! It was kind of random that I made it there, because I wasn't on a mission or anything (like later snacks ), we just passed it and I remembered I wanted one of those icecream sandwiches!
The wishing ceremony is cute. They give all the girls a wand and the boys a sword. And everyone gets a "wishing star" (a little plastic star that says wishing star on it), and a thing comes over the speaker and tells them to wave their wand/sword in the air and cover their star with their hand and make a wish. Then after they say the magic words there's lights and stuff that go off and the ceremony is over. They did it twice while we were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctink23 View Post
Great first day at MK! The princess breakfast looks like so much fun! I feel like you guys have done so much, and it is not even time for your 3:30 ADR! I love Crystal Palace, so I am very excited to hear about it and see pictures!
I know! I was going through our cameras on the drive home (3 of them!) trying to take notes because I didn't take ANY while we were there, so I was taking notes based on the pictures and I couldn't believe we did all that before 3:30!

This is kinda Disney related... well, not really, but close enough DH has given me the go ahead to start planning an adults only trip to Universal in January! So I added a ticker to my signature The Disney ticker is the plan.... November 2013, but obviously that's a long way away! Universal is 6 months away, so I'm starting to price all that out and do my research... fortunately DIS has a decent Universal board too
Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #41
Lidian
DIS Veteran

The Wishing Ceremony sounds really sweet!

Major grats on your adults only US trip! (And how exciting to see WDW at Christmas in 2013!)

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #42
amyrella
Mouseketeer

Yay!! We were at magic kingdom the same day and had the same princesses at CRT! Can't wait to read more
Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #43
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer

OH WOW! Just got caught up on your TR. It is fabulous. Could your girls be any more cute? I don't think so!! Where to begin? Sorry to hear about Alexis getting ill in the car. I have my own Disney sickness story on this vacay. It will be towards the end of my TR. You both are brave parents staying at 4 different places with toddlers. That must have been a lot of work! We moved around with lodging a bit on this vacation and I was pulling my hair out and I don't even have toddlers.
The girls looked soooo adorable in their princess dresses and I loved the way Ariel got on the floor to interact. I had the peeing thing happen to me before, too. When you are a mom, you just go with the flow. Remember the spit-up when the kids were newborns. In the first few years of their life it always seemed like I had some kind of body fluid on my clothes. Just part of being a mom. I have to agree about the white noise machine. I brought ours this time and it helps to drown out Hubs snoring as well, , so I could actually get some sleep.
I must say I am very impressed with all the pics you have included thus far and cannot wait to read more. I am addicted. Great job!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #44
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I've been away for a week and am now trying to catch up...
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 06-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #45
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm all caught up now!

Sounds like you had a great first day at MK. Except for the part where you got peed on, LOL!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: