Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #16
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post
Sorry! Didn't mean to leave you hanging like that. I'm not really sure if it was car sickness or just a bug, but she didn't get sick the rest of the trip
We tried not to let her eat in the car if we were going to be in it for an extended time.... and we did have a few scares though when she said she felt sick and I had to take her to the bathroom or we had to pull over. We didn't take any chances after 2 times of throwing up in her carseat!
I am soo glad she didn't get sick anymore! She may just suffer from carsickness. I totally don't blame you for stopping everytime she cried "wolf".

(Thank you for appeasing us readers. )

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #17
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

woohoo! page 2 and we haven't even gotten to Disney yet
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Hi there! I am joining the fun! I have a toddler too, so I love reading trip reports from other families with young children.

I am so sorry your dd got sick! I live in fear of a carsick incident. Glad she was feeling better by the time you arrived.

I hope you had fun in Pensacola, I went to grad school down there and just loved it. It was such a neat town and has such an incredible beach.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #19
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that she got sick! Well at least it was just those 2 times- maybe from all of the excitement and change? That sometimes happens to my DS! OOOO I can't wait for more, maybe even Disney and pictures!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #20
ctink23
Mouseketeer

I'm here, too! Great start. I am excited to read more. Your daughters are adorable.

Sorry to hear your daughter got sick. That is the worst on road trips. Good thing there was laundry at the hotel. At least she was not sick the entire time!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #21
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

oh no, sorry your DD got sick. I'm glad you had the chance to wash her car seat!

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

Woo WHOOO

So excited to read your trip report since when we go in October, its about a month before my daughters 3rd birthday!

10/2011 Pop Century The Trip we dicovered Julia's Obsession with Stitch!
11/2012 POP 11 Days of Disney Fun MNSSHP & MVMCP!

4/2013 11 Days of Flower & Garden!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
So excited to read your trip report since when we go in October, its about a month before my daughters 3rd birthday!
Awesome! You're the reason I'm doing this TR! DIS helped me SOOO much, but I found there weren't a ton of TRs that included toddlers and the trip is definitely different taking toddlers than it is solo, just adults or even with older kids. I hope you get some good ideas/tips from my report
Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #24
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

this update is broken up into 2 posts because I like pictures

So, when I left off we were in Pensacola and were headed to Panama City for the day the next day for a family reunion. We woke up bright and early at 6:30 our time… we have 2 little alarms clocks named Alexis and Kaitlyn We ate the free breakfast at the hotel and were on the road a little after 8:30.
We spent the day with my family, the girls had a great time playing with their cousins!

After the reunion we drove to Tallahassee. I lived in Tallahassee when I was little, so I was really excited to learn that the hotel we “won” on Priceline was right down the road from my favorite restaurant! So we ate there for dinner ! They have a little arcade that the girls played in waiting for our food.

And they have amazing wings… the picture is terrible, but I love the wings so much, I’m posting it anyway.

If you’re ever in Tallahasse, Fl make sure to stop by Barnaby’s! It’s my favorite!!!
We spent that night at a La Quinta, we rigged up a little “curtain” out of a comforter using a closet and a lamp to give Kaitlyn her own little nook where we set up her pack and play.

That night she slept a lot better! Awesome! The next day we drove all the way down to Orlando. We spent that night with my aunt and uncle. The original plan was to spend the next 2 nights (this is Sunday/Monday if anyone is counting) at my cousin’s house, but her little boy was sick and starting some antibiotics, so we gave him a day to be on antibiotics first.
Sunday was spent at my aunt and uncles. We also had dinner at Friendly’s with my friend who lives in the area who spent the day with her family at Sea World.
And then it was Monday! We packed up (again! We spent the night at 4 different places before we finally made it to Disney world… I do NOT recommend that, get in 1 place and stay there!) and headed to Downtown Disney!
On the way I took a pic of my Disney toes

Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

finally... a Disney post!

First we checked out the legos. I didn’t even know they had new ones, so I was surprised to see ones I hadn’t seen on other TRs!

Alexis saw some Princesses and wanted her picture with them

We spent a lot of time in the World of Disney store… man that place is big! Alexis wanted everything she saw. I let her pick out a princess Minnie (I was hoping she would pick that one!) and some ears. She chose Minnie Mouse ears

She loved these Goofy ears and tried them on it every store that had them over the course of our trip. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay $25 for them though

Andrew walked around with Kaitlyn while I shopped with Alexis. Kaitlyn just wanted to walk around out of the stroller and didn’t care much about shopping…

Alexis also discovered the pressed penny machines. Another little girl was doing it and she wanted to too. I don’t really think she knew what it was before she did one. We did about 5-6 during our vacation. We only did it if she saw it… I didn’t point any out

We spent the whole morning/afternoon at DTD… really fun place! Lots of great picture opportunities too!

We ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich… I had been looking forward to this sandwich for a long time!
I had the Original- fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce ($5.99), chips (I think $1.99?) and a soda

Andrew had the Earl’s Club-roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and roma tomato and sandwich sauce ($5.99), potato salad ($1.99 I think) and a soda

The girls shared a pb&j ($3.99), grapes ($1.99) and we bought each of them a milk

Today was OOP, so we didn’t get dessert. I thought everything was good. I wasn’t feeling well, but the sandwich was still yummy. I didn’t eat my chips though, I saved them for later and the girls ate them as a snack a few days later. Andrew thought his sandwich was really good, he liked it better than mine. I liked them both about the same. They were both really good. We might try Wolfgang Puck Express next time we go, just to be different, but it was REALLY good! I definitely recommend it!
After lunch we rode the rides. They were $2 for each child riding. The carousel didn’t charge for 1 adult per child riding. So we paid $4 for the carousel and $4 for the train.

Lastly, even though I wasn’t feeling so hot, we had to stop by Goofy’s Candy Company! Alexis wanted to make her own treat too after she saw mine being made. She had marshmallows, covered in milk chocolate and mini m&ms, drizzled in white chocolate. I made a cookie with chocolate middle (it’s like a giant oreo, and mine was chocolate on the inside), covered in milk chocolate and butterfinger, drizzled in white chocolate. I can’t believe I forgot to get pictures of these treats… they were so pretty! Alexis barely made a dent in hers, but she enjoyed what she had. Mine was good too, but I think I would try something different next time, the cream in the middle of the cookie was a little much. I ate mine that night when my stomach had settled.
I snapped this picture while they were making my treat.

After DTD, we spent the rest of the day with my cousin and her IL’s. They were nice enough to invite us to their house for a cookout. We swam for a little while and the cousins (2nd cousins I guess) played. This is them playing in the rain

And eating dinner at the “kids table”

Up next…. Disney World!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #26
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm joining in too! Sounds like you had a fun ride down, aside from the sickness poor thing! Yay you made it, though! How cute, all those girls playing in the rain, and then eating at the "kids' table" Your DDs are too cute!! Sounds like it's going to be a fun TR!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

im glad the rest of the car ride went smoother! DTD is so much fun! I could play there all day (well shop...). I wish i had an Earl's sandwich right now.
i also wanted to say i love your ticker! i was thinking of doing that myself but wasn't sure if 2+ years was too long.

May 2011 CBR TR. October 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR.
Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
Disfan3
Viking Blood

Hi!! We have a 2yo daughter so I can relate to a lot of your toddler tales!! I am curious to see how it all goes because she will be three next year when we go (she went at 9 mos old but we took a year off due to me working on my Masters)

I know what you mean about hotels with toddlers!! LOL!!

Can't wait to see more Disney and read more toddler tales...the girls are cuties!! I cannot imagine how much work it is to have two of them!!!
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #29
ctink23
Mouseketeer

Very creative with the comforter curtain! Glad it worked!

The Downtown Disney pictures are great! I LOVE the 7 dwarfs legos. So cute! I have never seen them before either.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
im glad the rest of the car ride went smoother! DTD is so much fun! I could play there all day (well shop...). I wish i had an Earl's sandwich right now.
i also wanted to say i love your ticker! i was thinking of doing that myself but wasn't sure if 2+ years was too long.
) I was depressed that I had no ticker, so I figured out an estimated date and got one! We want to go back when they're doing the christmas party, but still in November so it's not really cold yet and the crowds are a little lower. So, I just guessed I'll get a new one after we actually book the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan3 View Post
Hi!! We have a 2yo daughter so I can relate to a lot of your toddler tales!! I am curious to see how it all goes because she will be three next year when we go (she went at 9 mos old but we took a year off due to me working on my Masters)

I know what you mean about hotels with toddlers!! LOL!!

Can't wait to see more Disney and read more toddler tales...the girls are cuties!! I cannot imagine how much work it is to have two of them!!!
lots of work, but worth it! My almost 3 y/o LOVED everything about Disney. I really don't think there was anything she didn't love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctink23 View Post
Very creative with the comforter curtain! Glad it worked!

The Downtown Disney pictures are great! I LOVE the 7 dwarfs legos. So cute! I have never seen them before either.
My favorite was the woody/buzz on the rocket. They're little hands look like lego people's hand... too cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: