Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #91
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

hahaha, you're stuck with me all weekend, too!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #92
Schrolls
Mickey's Magical Schrolls

Lot's going on with us.

We found out who the family is that Turner will be living with. They are a family with 3 boys ages 4, 8 and 12. The 12 year old plays hockey and is also a goalie. Wze talked to them last night and they are so excited to have Tuerner join their family. They are getting his room all ready for him. Two of the boys are going to move in the same room so Turner can have his own room and some privacy. The dad is an attorney with his own practice and they also own 2 GNC stores.

I am transferring to another department with a big promotion. I start my new job on the 25th and I am so excited. It is going to be a lot of work and stress but a lot of new exciting stuff too.

A wine chat would be awesome! I miss you guys!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #93
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Susan: CONGRATS on your promotion!!! Sounds like Turner will have a nice family to stay with.

Jerry's first week has come and gone. He had some training and a lot of paper work. He should get some actual work this week. I had an eye appointment on Saturday and am getting bifocals. It stinks getting older, but I keep telling myself that my brother got his when he was still in his 20's. Kaleigh gets her braces tomorrow. She has a game tonight if it doesn't storm.

I am wanting to start some kind of jump-start diet to get us back on track and then continue with WW. I was looking at Dr. Oz's 2 week program. I may just have to get the book from the library.

Just been busy with summer stuff.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #94
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Susan - CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Very exciting. Glad Turner will be okay, the family sounds great and I am sure they will take great care of him. (I know, it doesn't make it any easier I'm sure.) Lots of Hugs to you.

Denine - I am sure Jerry is happy the first week is over with. I know how much of a pain it is with all the paperwork, it can be so overwhelming. I will be thinking about Kaleigh tomorrow. My girls got their braces on last week and were hurting this weekend. They had a tough time biting into things so we tried to stick with softer food this weekend. The inside of their mouth has so many cuts from the braces, but hopefully Kaleigh will use the fax because that helps. My girls hate the wax so they don't use it and that is why they have the sores in their mouth.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #95
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! Been busy trying to catch up with everything since vacation! I must say this was "THE BEST" vacation we have had so far. We all LOVED the train and got so much done in Washington in the day and a half we had there. I will tell more later, but it was truly a great vacation. One that the kids will always remember!!!

Denine, Makenzie had no problem with pain when she got her braces on. Or when they have tightened them. She has put some "wax" on some sharp points at times until she has gotten use to it. She had to expand her upper palate and had to wear rubberbands for awhile, but her teeth are looking great! She had only 1 more year left.

Susan, sounds like Turner will be in good hands! Congrats on the job!!!!

Heidi, why did the girls need to get braces back on?

Sandy, would love a wine chat!!!

Well, gotta run! Have a great day!

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #96
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

CONGRATULATIONS, SUSAN!! I agree with Denine. It sounds like Turner is staying with a terrific family.

Denine, poor Kaleigh. I never had braces but my girls did. She may just sail right through it though like Makenzie. Crossing my fingers. I can give you an EASY three day jump start for a diet that both LA Weight Loss and Slimgenics used. This is pretty much it.......lots of meat, ONLY raw green veggies, 80 oz water. You don't need to weigh and measure. You can have salad dressing. No need to worry about lean meat. Can fry in butter.

Julie, your trip sounded like so much fun. There was so many different "legs" of it making it extra special. Glad you had a good time.

I finally washed my hair after my second treatment and I am pleased. It isn't pin straight but I knew it wouldn't be. It will be wonderful on vacation.

I am hearing some thunder so I bet there is some lightening. Glad I didn't go swimming for them to kick us out.

I have 13.5 lbs off. Yay.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #97
Pooh_Friend#1

Julie - sounds like a great trip! Have you uploaded pics yet? I love DC, but that may be because my mom and I had a great time there together. The girls got their braces back on because they did a "2 phase approach" my cousin also had this 2 phase thing so I wonder if it is the thing in CO right now!

Mom - Congrat on the weightloss, you are doing awesome. I am so proud of you.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #98
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Ok, we were led to believe Kaleigh was getting her braces today. But, she got fitted for a pallate expander intead. She has to wear that for 3 months and then she will get the braces on her top teeth. We were wondering how braces alone were going to make her upper jaw bigger. She will wear the expander for another 3 months with the braces. She is doing the phase I treatment. If it works, she won't have to do Phase II, but that is a few years down the road. She gets the expander in 2 weeks. I am so new at this. I didn't have braces, but Jerry did and so much has changed.

Julie: Glad you had a fantastic time!

Heidi: Hopefully the girls mouths will feel better soon. Thanks for the info on braces!

Sandy: I was looking more at the Dr. Oz stuff and it would be great except I don't like his food options. There are only a couple of things everyone would eat and we can't eat the same thing for 2 weeks! Your 3-day thing looks interesting.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #99
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, too bad she didn't get the braces since she was expecting them. Now she has to wait. If I know her, she is probably fretting over it.

Sitting here waiting for the big storm they are promising. Talk about monsoon rains the last week or so. Some parts of Denver have received 4" of rain in July alone.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #100
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - my girls had the palate extender as well and they did fine with it, they didn't really experience much pain with it at all. They used it first to get them to stop sucking their thumbs when they were younger and it worked!

Mom - A coworker told me about "Rescue Remedy", I guess it is an essential oil that you can pick up from sunflower market and all it is is a combination of certain flowers soaked in water. She gives this to her dogs and it helps keep them calm during a thunderstorm and fireworks so we are going to try that for Lilly tonight. May help her this weekend too if she is still afraid of Cristina and Trent! Oh ya, found out Cody and Courtney are coming too this weekend with us! Big party of 8 camping...fun fun fun!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #101
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, great news about Cody and Courtney. At least one of us will get to know her. LOL. I'm wondering if we should take Lilly. Makes me worried about her with so many people. Good grief, I am a grandma! It's getting darker and darker. You might need that oil for her. Suppose to be the worst day since the monsoon season started.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #102
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom, I will take you up on your offer. Just kidding, she will be okay with all the people! Taura would kill me if I didn't bring Lilly, Jawann is already upset we aren't bringing Sable! Lilly did a lot better with the storm when we used the Rescue Remedy. Instead of pacing and not getting settled, she just sat on our laps. She was still panting a lot and her heart was still beating pretty fast but at least she stayed still!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #103
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

Good Morning!!!

Well I think my summer is slowing down. We have had company pretty consistant since the middle of June. Work is still so demanding getting time to post is challenging. I am so bad when I lose my train of thought.

Family reunion went really well. No major mishaps. Everyone seemed to have a really good time. Had a photographer come out and get pictures. Not very often ALL my family is in one place. Hat a popcorn, cotton candy and snow cone machine plus a big castle bouncy house. The kids had such a good time. Had a spa for all the girls and outside games.

Last week one of Jaymee friends from Nebraska stayed with us. Young girl who is in the airforce and applied for the academy. She has already had to report to the Academy. We are going to be her sponsor family. they don't get much freedom in the first few years so probably wont see her much. One of my first thoughts after meeting her was "Dang I already finished getting all the stuff for the girls Christmas stockings and now I have another one to fill I am stuffing 11 stocking and now 12 this year. Bought and wrapped several Christmas presents so far. Always run out of storage room for them.

Got all of Kara's "Tinkerbell" gifts done for Disney and some of Ethan's. This year I am wrapping them really cute. Kara's have Tinkerbell paper, big bows and Tinkerbell chipboard cut outs in the middle of the bows. Then I sprinkled glitter on them. Ethan's will be "Cars". I am going to mail them down early so I don't have to travel with them.

I am making eveyone the cooling neckwraps. I have always wanted to make them and finally figured out how. Making about 18 of them. There will be 20 of us that go to Disney in October. Should be pretty fun. We are all going to dress up for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Tiffany is home for the week. We are going to the midnight show tomorrow night. Missy's birthday is today!!! I am going to get her a laptop and have been shopping around instead I found the refridgerator I REALLY REALLY want for $1000 off. Wish I could get it but can't seem to give up the Disney trips

Susan: How come Turner is staying with another family? CONGRATS on the new position!! That is AWESOME!!!

Denine: I am thinking of going back to Weight Watchers. Bet you have a lot of recipe ideas. Got any for people that hate to cook? Poor Kaleigh OUCH! that extender sounds so painful! That is Awesome that Jerry has a job so soon. My Mom told she read on the board that he was layed off. What kind of job did he find?

Sandy-CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! That is AWESOME!! How did you do it?? Are you still going to water aerobics? I have not gone for the past 5 weeks because Ethan has played baseball and his games were on Tuesday and Thursdays everyweek. Of course our water aerobics nights. Didn't go last night because Tiffany came into town and cant go Thursday because of the Midnight Showing!!

Julie- Sounds like a really fun vacation. I think the last time I posted you were in Disney. Any other vacation plans this year? Since we are going to Disney in October we are skipping our December trip I am going to be so sad in December when I am not there to enjoy the Christmas season. Next year. Have you ever taken either one of the girls to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique? I made a Kara a reservation at the one in Cinderella's castle. If so did the girls love it? Was it worth it? Where do they take the pictures at? The Disney show I was watching on tv shows them outside the castle in that grassy area. Hope that is where they take the pictures.

Heidi-OUCH! Poor girls! How long will they have their braces on? Sounds like a really fun weekend ahead for you guys! Glad you found a good remedy for your dog.

Well my post just flashed and I thought I lost it. I had better get it posted before I do!

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #104
Mickey02

Me again. Chatty today I guess. Making up for lost time

I am SO excited I ordered a new desktop from Dell. My old computer was about 10 years old and kept locking up and sosososo slow. It finally crashed at the worst time... The week of the reunion when I needed it most. I have my itunes account on it that supports all of our iphones so I decided to take the plunge and get a new one. Means another year of payments but YAY!! N

Well better get to working. Going to keep the board up for a while and post more later.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #105
Mickey02

By the was Heidi & Sandy seeing the Hawaii thingy on your post makes me so sad I am not going with you but happy for you guys going. I wanna go soooo bad!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: