Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #76
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Good thing Jerry got the new job. Kaleigh is getting braces on the 12th. We were hoping for just a pallate expander, but her jaws don't line up so it is braces. She went this morning for e-xrays, pictures and impressions. We have a final consultation and then banding on the 12th. But, Jerry can't be there. I told him I would call him and he can listen in on the conversation.

This isn't going to be pretty. Jerry said getting the braces on hurts. I never had them. Kaleigh has NO pain tolerance. I read it is common among natural redheads. We could have gone on Tuesday but chose the following Tuesday since Jerry starts his new job on Tuesday.

John and Judy are coming up tomorrow and staying the night. I am making ribs with Flame Tree BBQ sauce on the side. I have a rub I will use on the ribs. I am making home made baked beans too. My potato salad is in the fridge. There will be a strawberry pie for dessert.

We think this job will be a great opportunity for Jerry. For the first time, he will NOT be working at a bank. It is a marketing company. He is alos going from a large company to a small company. But, it was rated #5 for best small companies to work for here. He will definitely be challanged as he will get to do more and new stuff that will carry him into the future. They just signed a HUGE contract with Office Max and have to have the stuff done by October 3rd. He will be working a lot of hours. He will be working on database stuff, not marketing stuff.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #77
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, Stacey and Heidi had braces, too. Both Stacey and I are natural redheads and our pain tolerances are pretty good. I hope Kaleigh does well. It certainly isn't fun for sure for the first few weeks. Man, wish we lived closer....your meal sounds OUTSTANDING!

Thanks Heidi. Believe it or not, I lost another 3/4 pound from yesterday. I am NOT starving myself or anything. I pray this continues and not end up like LAWL and slowly get it off. Did you remember that Stacey is at Cripple Creek? Hope the weather is good.
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #78
Denine

From what I have read, it sounds like they put the braces on differently than when Jerry had them, so hopefully it won't be so bad. I guess they come in colors too. Who knew? I told my mom today and she said good. She thought Kaleigh needed braces. I thought her teeth looked pretty straight. Again, who knew? But, my mom in a previous life used to be a dental assistant. This was prior to her marrying my dad.

I can't wait to eat! Everything looks and smells so good. A couple more hours though.

It is a gorgeous day today! Wish it could always be like this.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #79
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey guys. Sure been hot here. It's 5:47 and I'm already hearing firecrackers. Gonna be a noisy night.

Denine, I didn't realize our girls needed braces either. To me they were straight. It was their bite that was off.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #80
Schrolls
Mickey's Magical Schrolls

Stanley and Blue are going crazy with all the fireworks going off. They just don't understand. Poor babies.

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT here too!

Had a great day - ribs, roasted corn on the cob, grilled squash and zucchini. I am stuffed!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Love ya!

mean it
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #81
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Yum Susan. I think I started this diet too early, LOL. I, too, feel sorry for the poor dogs on the 4th. Heidi is wondering how Lilly will do.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #82
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Denine - My girls have to get their braces back on! They had them for 2 years, have had them off 1 year, and are now getting them back on again. The rubberband around the brace is colored. It doesn't hurt getting them on, what hurts is when they go in to get them adjusted and tighten the wire. We just used Advil to help with the pain.

Susan - My puppy was freaking out last night too. This is her first firework experience and she was terrified. She was trying to run and hide and kept circling around this chair and trying to lay in a corner. We finally went upstairs to bed and she laid on Chris and shook in fear the entire time but finally fell asleep.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #83
Denine

Today is Jerry's first day at his new job. It looks like he will have to be there until 5 each night this week. It will be a big adjustment! He had been working from home 4 days a week for most of the year. Even when he was going into the office, he was home by 3:30.

We had a nice weekend. Time with John and Judy was too short, but we should be able to go down to see them over New Year's since it is on a weekend. We went to the zoo on Sunday and then had a party across the street. We came home early from that and just relaxed on the deck. We watched other people's fireworks!

I got Kaleigh signed up for more private swim lessons. We decided we just get more bang for our buck going the private route. It also fits into our schedule better.

Maybe next week, I can think about starting a diet again.

Maurice doesn't like loud noises either, but he did OK.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #84
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, don't forget about the Epilepsy Foundation pickup here Thursday. Poor Lilly.

Denine, that will definitely be a huge adjustment for you guys! You have to get use to not having him around and I have to get use to having Ted here beginning in January. I think your wise on getting private swim lesson. As you put it, more bang for your buck!

Just got back from getting my hair redone. I THINK it will be fine now.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #85
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Oh my, oh my. What in the world did I get myself into????? I got a smart phone and I am extremely intimidated. Ted is now playing with it and messing it up even worse. Dang!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #86
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - You will get relaxed once you get to know it, just like when I had to teach you to text! Don't be intimidated, you can't do any damage or mess it up. You can always get it reset back to factory settings. Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot! I guess I will try and do that tonight too, too many things to do and not enough time. Last night I told him he needs to call Home Depot so we can get the door and he said they were in Las Vegas so I said OK, not thinking...but Chris being himself couldn't hold in a secret and he had already called them and they are coming today between 1:00-3:00 to install the door.....I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!

Denine - Wow, Jerry had it pretty good working from home 4 days a week at his last job, hopefully it will be less stress so the added time will be worth it.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #87
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I love your husband Heidi. He bought me a jicama. YAY!!!! Boy, he is certainly doing some nice things for both of us! If it's not storming maybe we can come over and see the door. If anything, take a picture via phone. Oh good grief. I just thought about it....I would have to figure out how to retrieve it on the phone, LOL. BTW, I'm at Del Taco and having zero problems getting on the internet. I think I will still go to Best Buy to see what they say.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #88
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Did you guys see that Facebook is joining with skype? We could have a virtual wine party. We haven't had a wine party in a long time.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #89
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I'm lonely, I'm Mrs Lonely, I have nobody to talk to.............
Old 07-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #90
Pooh_Friend#1

I will talk to you, but I just saw you last night and I will see you tonight so I figured since we were the only ones chatting I might as well talk to you in person!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: