Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #751
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Howdy, howdy!

I will definitely let you know Julie. We arrive on Monday around 4:00. Late this time. He gets admitted on Tues. So far, we are flying home on Friday. We are splitting our stay between the Hampton Inn Suites in Beachwood and the DoubleTree Tudor Arms. Good news about the weather!!! Please tell me it's not time for the induction for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame this year. Congrats to all kiddos for their report cards. Don't you just love it!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #752
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hiddy Ho people! I just figured I would start posting on this page again! I know things have been crazy for everyone, but I just can't EVER give up of this thread!!!

May is ALWAYS a crazy month here!! With the end of the school activities, track, Makenzie's birthday, The big Guy's foot issues, Brooke and her crazy allergy stuff, Big Garry has been ill for 5 weeks! He started with a horrible cough and congestion, moved into the chest, walking pneumonia, 4 antibiotics, cough medicine with codeine, and an inhailor later... his SEEMS to be getting slightly better. If it's not cleared up by this Friday, he will have a chest xray. Poor guy hasn't slept a night in the past 5 weeks without coughing up a lung!!! Plus, Makenzie is going to Washington DC right after memorial day for her 8th grade school trip! Makenzie's last track meet is this Thursday and then she has the championship meet this Saturday, ALL DAY. Brookie has a girl scout outing Saturday morning. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that The Big Guy's confirmation is this Sunday! So trying to get everything in order and clean the house and get the yard ready for people to come over Sunday.... OH YEAH... we had to take down our pool cause it was in poor shape, BUT a new one is going up in it's place sometime this week ( I took the pool down yesterday so the guys can just put up the new one without wasting time to take down the old one). Once this month is over we can all breathe. We are going to Disney this June for 2 weeks, so we can actually relax and then when we come back, the Big Guy will have his foot surgery. He will be on crutches for about 2 weeks. He has three HUGE warts on the ball, heal and side of his arch of his left foot, so walking, running, anything, he is in pain. We will probably get a wheelchair for disney for him if the walking causes too much discomfort. He have "pads" that give him some relief, but all the walking we do down there, it might be better for him to be "pushed". I guess we will make that call when we get there. We are staying at Boardwalk so that's good.

Well, that's about it on our side of the woods! I hope everyone else is doing well! I hope to see others post again too! IF not, I will just starting posting to myself. Hahaha

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #753
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey Julie, too bad life is so boring at your house.. Wow, so much. Take a deep breath. DISNEY is SOON!!!! You are just missing Heidi. She will be there at the end of May for a couple of days before their cruise.

Not much going on here....at least anything exciting. My nephew is moving to Oregon soon and I'm having trouble emotionally with that. I babysat him starting at 8 weeks so I feel he's "mine", too. We are having a going away party for him over Memorial weekend. Poor Heidi is trying to juggle her girls birthday, his going away, Memorial at the campground, our birthday present to her and everything else that weekend. I feel stressed but can't imagine her throwing more into the equation.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #754
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Julie - AGHHHHHH - We will be missing you just barely! We will be at WDW May 29th - June 1st and then on the Fantasy June 1-8. I can't believe all the crazy stuff you are going through. I hope Big Garry feels better soon and I hope little Gary's surgery goes okay. Sounds so painful. Poor Brooke, I couldn't imagine being allergic to coconut...my fav thing ever.

Mom - I can only image what a hard time you are having with Cody. It may be for the best for you if this weekend doesn't work out...less tears. Please don't think my birthday present from you guys is causing me more stress....that is the only thing I have to keep me motivated through next weekend, lol! Then I will have a few hours to relax and not do a thing and not drive any where, lol. I'm just so glad I can get it in before our trip.

So the next few weekends will be crazy for me. Tomorrow is the girls choir concert which will take us 2 hours to drive up there (stupid rush hour), then an hour drive back. Friday we have to go back and pick up the girls for the weekend. Friday afternoon my mom and I have to go shopping. We were kind of forced to do this crazy food house party thing which has ended being quite expensive and time consuming which was never brought to our attention before accepting the invitation. Saturday is the house party and Sunday is Chris's graduation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memorial weekend will be just as crazy. As you know, we like to go down and go camping but this year seems like it won't be so simple. Saturday is the girls sweet 16 birthday party, I have to drive an hour from my house, to pick up one of their friends and then drive downtown (another hour) to their party where they want to go to the fancy bowling alley down there. After their party I have to drive the friend back then drive home from her house. Sunday is my cousin's going away party down at the campground and I get to have my hair done Sunday morning. I am hoping to spend the night Sunday night down there. Tuesday I will go pick up the girls to start off our vacation with mani/pedi and Wednesday (the 29th) we leave for FL!!!!!!! I think we will spend at least $200 in gas in the next week!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #755
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Julie, love the pictures that you posted today. Question on the Big Guy. Are they cutting out the warts or what are they doing? It sounds soooooooooo painful. I had some warts that the dermatologist couldn't get rid of so they lasered them. I'm so glad it took as they were on my a couple of my fingers. It took awhile for the buggers to go away. Just makes me wonder what they are doing for Garry. I can't imagine what he is going through. At least you have a plan for WDW. How far away is Washington DC? Is she going by bus? Our kids didn't have any class trips like that. I'm jealous. I sooooo want to go back. I loved DC when I went with Heidi. We had sooooo many laughs but loved everything about it as well. Garry got sick when Stacey and I was there. That was a long time ago. Poor guy!

Heidi, I feel soooo bad for you. I just pray things slow down for you at work. I think the private life will be easier after your trip but trying to get ready for the trip with all the obligations makes it so rough.

Lots and lots of rain this afternoon and tonight. It seems to be coming in spirts. I wasn't feeling good this afternoon so Ted was nice to me and took me out to Colorado Springs for dinner and it just poured while we were driving down.

Ted and I bought the girls kera straight treatments for their birthday. Stacey got hers down yesterday. Her curly, curly hair is now pretty darn straight. She is very happy and it almost makes me giddy. It's sooo hard dealing with curly, wavy, frizzy hair! I have now decided to do it every 4 months for me. It is expensive but soooooooo worth it.

Hugs.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #756
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Heidi, I know about the picking up and dropping off all too well! When we did the AnnaMarie thing, it was an hour one way too. Then as she got older I told her mom we were going to meet half way from now on. When she started to drive, it go a whole lot easier!!!!! It will ease up, but I feel your pain! I hope you have a wonderful TRIP!!!! Too bad it wasn't a few days later. We couldn't go earlier due to the kids don't get out of school until the 6th. Congratulations Chris!!!

Sandy,, the doctor said he was going to laser them off, but they are super deep. We see his again on the 23th. Hopefully he can shave some of it off (like he has been doing on each previous office visit). The Big Guy just sits there and takes it like a pro! I know it has to hurt when he does it, but I think it helps with the pain, but I'm not sure.

About Washington, it has been an 8th grade "tradition" in our schools even before Big Garry was in 8th grade, to take a Washington DC trip. It's about 5-6 hours to get there. They go by bus. They usually have to be at the schools by 4:30 am to get on the buses. They do so much in such little time, but I still remember my trip!! It is a lot of fun for the kids. They will get home around midnight on Friday, sleep pretty much all day on Saturday and then on Sunday we will have her birthday party since we had something EVERY weekend in the month of May. Then it's the last few days of school for them. We gave Makenzie for her birthday a very nice digital camera so she can take nice pictures and not use her phone camera.

The hair treatment seems like a great gift of the girls!! I want to see pictures!!! Of everyone!! That is a very nice gift! Hopefully our weather will be dry (at least til after Sunday!!). Sorry to hear about your "like a son" and his move. Just look at it this way, at least you will have another mini vacation place!! I know it's hard, but with skype and computers no one is really too far away! But I do know how it feels. When AnnaMarie went to NC, it was a yucky feeling. I hope he has move is better then hers. The job she got, she hates.... we told her she would but she didn't listen, she took the test to go to grad school.. got in and then decided NOT to go, is volunteering for the SPCA doing fundraisers for them think it will lead to a job with them.. but she doesn't see that if she is volunteering her time to do these events, why would they want to spend the money and pay her? She has told us about this job or that job but hasn't gotten any of them that she thought were a sure thing. Oh yeah they "adopted" their 3 dog!!! So in their little rental house, it's the two of them and 3 dogs. I'm sure your nephew has a better head on his shoulders!!

On lighter news, our new pool went up yesterday. BOY does it look soooooooooooooo much nicer then the old one. And seems bigger, but it's the same size just taller. Now I am just finishing up filling it. We started yesterday about 5:30pm and it's still not filled this morning. Thank goodness we will be go for those 2 weeks in June and not be using any water!! LOL!!!!

Well, gotta run! gotta get Miss Brooke ready for her choir concert today at school and I will get to see it tonight! I will go to Makenzie's track meet, leave there at 6:30 to get to the high school to see Brooke's concert at 7pm. My mom will get her there since the track meet is an away meet and it's about 25 mins. to get there. Brooke has a speaking part, small group performance and then she dances in one number... so it's the Brooke Show!! lol!

Well I'll be back!! TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #757
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

New pool????????? Awesome! I know this sounds weird but I'm glad that Garry is getting his warts taken care of in the summer. The cold just killed me for a few days after the laser and he's 1000 times worse than me. I can't believe how brave he is! Truly a cool trip for Makenzie!! Awwww, the Brooke show. How cute. By the way, how is her heart doing? I keep wanting to ask and fail to.

As far as my nephew having a head on his shoulders. Ummmm, NO!! Not even close. Supposedly needs medical marijuana for a sports injury. Nah, just an excuse. I love him dearly but he isn't smart. It is good to hear how AnnaMarie is doing. Maybe not what everyone wanted for her but she seems to be getting along ok.

Sitting here and fighting Stacey's internet. I almost lost this post but was able to copy and paste into a word document. Guess I will get it posted. Later gator....
Old 05-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #758
DudetteTwo
DIS Veteran

Wink Work, work, work

Just had to stop by and post something
Feels like all I do is work but I am not as busy as you guys!
Everyone in my family is good and we are all getting excited for the October 12th wedding of my son Ted.
Wasn't I on just getting back from my Disney cruise this time last year?
Just the usual summer plans. Going to the Poconos in Pennsylvania in June and then to Ocean City, New Jersey for a week. in July.
Miss you all. Can it really be over ten years since we first met? Best cruise ever.
Love, Jeanne alias Disney Dudette Two
P.S. Joyce is retired and will be having a seventh grandchild.
DudetteTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #759
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Jeanne, I didn't realize that Ted is getting married. Sounds like you have a fun summer planned. Ours is the typical camping at Stacey's. In November we are taking a 15 day river cruise in Europe and spending two days in Amsterdam before the cruise. Congrats to Joyce. Love you both!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #760
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

2 more days left of work and boy are they kiling me! I cannot wait to have 2 weeks off, although I will pay dearly for it when I come back. Oh well, not thinking about that now!
Wanted to quickly stop by and say hi!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #761
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, you so deserve the vacation. Just wish I was going with you. I invite you to Cozumel but you blow me off on your cruise and go with the "other side of the family". hahahaha

Julie, how was the cold and freezing field day?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #762
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hello all! Welcome back Jeanne!! Congrats to Joyce!! Another wedding huh? Can't wait to see pictures!!! I hope you post a little more often Jeanne!! Glad to hear from you!

Heidi, bummer that we won't get a chance to run into each other in Florida! When do you fly out? We won't get in to Florida until 8pm that night. Oh well. Maybe we can get a reunion trip planned someday! Have a great time on your cruise!! Post pictures when you can!

Sandy, it was sooooooooooo cold yesterday! It was in the low 40's but felt like the 30's! I didn't help out with the field day yesterday because I forgot to turn in the volunteer sheet. Oh well, next year I will help. Brooke came home with 7 ribbons! A participation ribbon, 1 3rd place, 1 1st place and 4 second place ribbons!!! She walked away with the most ribbons out of any other students!! hahaha! She is a little athlete! Her gym teacher loves her! One of the ribbons was for 3rd grade football throw!!

Well, school is almost over! They have 8 more days, but the last week is just award ceremonies, end of the year picnics, and for Makenzie... FINALS!! She leaves this Wednesday for Washington. She is so excited!! I remember my trip like it was yesterday! She will have great memories that will last forever!! A really neat thing they do that we didn't is they looked through all the fallen soldiers from Vietnam and each student pick a soldier. Then they wrote a letter to their soldier. They will visit the Vietnam wall in the evening on Thursday and will post their letter to them by their soldier's name. It really is a very moving moment for each student. We didn't do this, but my niece did and she said it was a moment that each student took very serious and it was very touching. I would have like to have done that since my grandfather was in WWII (but the WWII monument wasn't built then and they do with with the Vietnam wall) But still it's a very nice jester. Their trip is planned out to the minute! The kids do get some time to tour the museums and monuments on their own (small groups), but it is still very supervised. Each day all the kids have matching T Shirts to wear (one day is blue, the other is orange) so that it is easier to watch where all kids are in the museums. I think that is a super idea too! Makenzie was chosen to be a bus/group leader. Which means she gets on/off the bus first, helps with head counts and she is the first to get off the bus and she will do the motel room check list before the rest of her "roommates" are allowed to get off the bus. It is so well organized!!! I can't wait til she goes!!

Well, gonna run! Nothing going on FOR A CHANGE this weekend, so it will be a nice change of pace....

Be back later!! TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #763
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HEIDI AND STACEY!!!!

I hope you all have a great day! Pixie Dust and prayers for Tyler today!! I hope he is feeling better soon!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #764
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

All by myself.... don't wanna be all by myself anymore!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #765
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

When I was young.... I never needed anyone.....and making friends was just for fun........ now those times are gone............

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: