Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #61
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Denine - Looks like you guys won one game!! Glad the interview went good! Praying for good news for you guys on Monday!

Mom - Yay, good job on losing weight. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #62
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

TGIF!

We left at 4:30 yesterday morning to go to Dayton to visit the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum. Jerry and I hadn't been there in a long time, hence Kaleigh had never been. We got there when it opened and stayed until 5 when it closed. It was a good day. We got home around 8:30 last night.
We were going to miss HS baseball and unfortunately, 4-H which was going to be at a horse rescue. Baseball was cancelled due to wet fields and so we missed 4-H. Hopefully, Kaleigh won't remember that we were supposed to go to the horse rescue.

Kaleigh's game tonight may be rained out.

Jerry has a meet an IT recruiter thing this morning. We have my nephew's graduation party tomorrow.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #63
Pooh_Friend#1

Good morning! TGIF!!!!!!! Can't wait to get off work and go camping, its about time we can get back down there, too much going on this summer that is keeping my weekends too busy. I went to see my friend's baby last night, she was 1 day old and so tiny!

Denine - What a fun roadtrip!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #64
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, love roadtrips. Sounds like great fun. I always enjoy going to the Air Force Academy. We don't go much so when we do, it's a lot of fun. Hope Kaleigh doesn't remember the horse rescue but I bet she's got the perfect memory like Joey, LOL.

I see I forgot to post yesterday. Sorry.

I weighed in today with 3/4 lb off. Sooooo close to 10 pounds. Something like 1/4 lb more and I would have reached the milestone. Dang it. I never did that at WW for the year or two that I was a member. Not WW fault though.

Doing laundry today and deep water aerobics. I was close to getting beat up by a lady today doing Heidi a favor. It made no sense and I didn't respond to her. Too long to explain but I DID NOTHING. I could just see her jumping me in the parking lot if I said something.

Like Heidi said, campground this weekend so I may or may not be able to get on the internet.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #65
Denine

Hope the campers are having fun. We have been having cold, rainy weather. YUCK! Hoping today is better, but the sun is already gone and the clouds are moving in.

Went to my nephew's graduation party yesterday. It was funny cause my parents long-time friends were there. We used to spend a lot of time at their farm growing up and George would always make me laugh so hard pop would come out my nose! So yeterday, he starts in on Kaleigh. She was giving as good as she was getting! We were all laughing so hard, but luckily, no pop came out any noses! All I kept thinking was she was living my childhood.

Sandy: Keep up the good work on the weight loss!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #66
Schrolls
Mickey's Magical Schrolls

Spent the weekend in Raleigh filling out forms for Turner's move. They are working to match him to a host family soon then we will have a better idea which school he will attend. The team helps with so much. They help us get him registered and settled into school. They help with the transition with his host family and check-in often to make sure the match is compatible for both the player and the family.

We got to meet the coaching staff and administrative staff. We met some of the other players on the team including a few that are also moving to Raleigh for the first time as well.

Turner is so excited and we are excited for him. He will probably move the weekend of August 6th. The following week they have a week of training camp to officially start the season.

They gave us a list of a lot of things we need to make sure we do before he moves. WOW. We onlyhave about 6 weeks.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was hot in NC this weekend and we have afternoon/evening thunderstorms expected AGAIN. It is already getting a little cloudy.

Have a great week!!

LYMI
Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #67
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, Ted and I were just talking about you guys today and the rain you are getting. Then I get on here and ready you're STILL getting it. We feel for you. Loved the story. I'm surprised that the pop didn't come out again. I know me and I probably would have done it out of fear that it WOULD happen, LOL.

Susan, it truly sounds like they know how to take care of Turner and care about him. That's a great sign. I'm sure that will help you along the way. I always think about Turner and...... "we knew him when". That kid is going far!

It's been in the 90's and tomorrow is to be in the 70's. We should hit 100 on Wednesday.....ICK! I want your rain Denine!!! I know you'd share it if you could, LOL.

Big Brother starts July 7th. Yippee! That's the best part of summer for me.

I made my second call for the hairdresser to call me and still nothing. I know she has MAJOR health problems and I am wondering if that could be it. But, I'm going to actually walk in to the salon tomorrow. It will only be her and one other lady. I don't want to make a scene. I just want to talk to her about it. I know if the owner was there she would make it hard on both sides of the picture. She's the one that told me the curls and waves would pretty much be gone.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #68
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Okey dokey.....so I walked in the salon and she just left so I left another message. I went to Ulta to ask them what they thought and she said that it wouldn't hurt to talk to her but it all depends on the brand. Of course, today I was having a "good" curly day.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #69
Denine

Jerry got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have known for a week but I couldn't say anything since it wasn't official. He starts on the 5th. This really fell into our laps. Right after Jerry found out his job was eliminated, we ran into an old manager of his at BJ's. He hadn't seen her in at least 2 years since she was let go. The first words out of her mouth were "congtatulations. It's the best thing that will ever happen to you." Obviously we weren't there yet. So, they got to talking about what he had been working on lately and she told him to take advantage of the services the ouplacement place had to offer and to find her on Linkedin. We leave it at that and go on. Jerry had barely gotten his resume updated and was working on getting set up with Linked-in when she called him. He was trying to figure out how she got not only our home number but cell as well. Turns out she called the outplacement place to get his info. They set up the phone interview for the next day. After that, he had the in-person interview last Monday. Kris said we should know something by yesterday one way of the other. Jerry hadn't been home for 2 hours when he got an e-mail to set up a meeting on Tuesday morning. They offered him the job, but we had to go through salary and vacation negotiation. Then we had to wait for the formal written offer which came this afternoon. We are so glad we ran into Michele at BJ's and she was happy to run into us since she had been praying they would find someone soon to help with this huge project they have to get done by October.
Plus, it is less than 20 minutes from here, we are still going on our October trip and now we can look foward to 2012 vacations.
Of course this means, we can't move south, but God must have his reasons to have us stay here. I just have to figure out how to make it through the winters. How about a mild one for a change?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #70
Denine

Susan: It sounds like everything is coming together for Turner. Scary and exciting at the same time for both of you.

Sandy: I hope you get your hair fixed!

It was a beautiful day today albeit just a little cool and windy.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #71
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

OMG !! Great News !!Congratulations !!!

Wow, that is terrific Denine. It just all fell into his lap. God did have plans for you guys. I am so happy for you!!!

The lady didn't call me back today. I guess two can play her game. I wanted to keep it all hush hush but now I guess I will go in when the owner is there.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #72
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - That is great news, I am so excited for you and Jerry! Right place at the right time! So does he still get his severance package and his new salary? If so, that is an awesome deal and you guys will have it made for a few months!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #73
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I hit my 10 pound mark today. I'm flying high!!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #74
Denine

Yep, he still gets his severance pay. The only way he would have lost it was if he got another position where he was. We will be saving like mad to build up a nice cushion. We now have the money to fix my antique clock (it belonged to my great grandparents), fix Jerry's car and hopefully pay off my car soon.
Jerry will be working a lot of hours. We just hope he will be able to work some of those from home. He is being thrown into the deep end. There is a ton of work to be done.

Yeah Sandy on the weight loss!

Gotta go. Kaleigh has a game tonight.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #75
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - That is so awesome!!! It sounds like he got a great deal getting laid off! I hope he is extremely happy in his new job and everything goes okay.

Mom - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so proud of you.
Thanks again for picking me up yesterday! See you tonight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: