Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #721
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Julie - Thanks! My new puppy LOVES and adores Lilly. I was shocked that Lilly actually let Paige sleep on her last night. When Paige went to stretch out after about an hour that is when Lilly got up and jumped up on the couch with me. Not much longer, Paige woke up and came to the couch to lay by her again. I can tell Lilly is getting use to her now since she is constantly getting up when Paige is near her. Plus they love to play together and are constantly playing. It's so much fun to watch.

Wow, Makenzie starts up again...isn't it too cold??!!! or do they practice inside? (Can you tell I'm a wimp when it's cold outside, lol)

Mom - I really wish Stacey would push more for the medical marijuana. It doesn't have THC in it so it is pure from the plant and he wouldn't get the high feeling. Problem is Cleveland and Denver doctors can't prescribe it. It has to be a different type of doctor to prescribe it and track it.

I saw Barb post pics yesterday of shots that looked painful, hopefully she is doing okay.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #722
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, I agree with you about the medical marijuana.

I saw that post, too. Barb................what's going on??????
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #723
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! Just popping in to say hello! It's the calm before the storm, we have no "activities" for the kids until next month, then we go back into full force. It is rumored that Makenzie will not have any home track meets this year since they are "re-doing" the stadium, so that is gonna make things FUN!! NOT!! We shall find out more since she has a track meeting after school tomorrow. Poor Brookie has a horrible cold!! I kept her home from school today because her eyes kept watering and her nose wouldn't stop running. Hopefully she will start feeling better by tomorrow. I think she is feeling better now then she did yesterday. She has a "lock in" at the local mall on Saturday for the girl scouts. They get lock in the mall and certain shops stay open til at least 12 midnight some long.... for the girls to shop and then they show a movie at the movie theater (this year its the Croons movie). THEN they MIGHT get some sleep and then come home the next morning. The girls like. I went a few times, and that was enough!! Makenzie's troop isn't going this year, so Brooke will just be with her troop. Something fun for her!!! The Big Guy had a wonderful birthday. I can't believe he is 12 yrs old already!!! I had a meeting this morning with his teachers and they all said how wonderful he is and such a super smart student and very caring to his classmates and teachers... etc.... OF COURSE this just made he beam with pride!!! I thought it was so cute!! Garry and I are so proud of all three kiddos, but to hear it from others (especially those people you don't know very well). I think I met his teachers at the beginning of the year, but that is the extent that I "know them".

Well, that's about it for now. I figured I should post on the thread since Sandy was the last one to post on the 12th I sure hope people start posting again, otherwise I will have to start posting more!

Be back later!!

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #724
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey Julie, it appears that I am your stalker today. Sooo good to hear from someone on this thread!! I remember Makenzie doing the mall lock in. It sounds like fun but when they get out and get home, yikes! Tired, cranky girls, LOL. Wow, no meets at your stadium will make it VERY rough on you guys! Love hearing about Garry but we all knew he was a good guy!

Nothing new here. Expecting snow today. We want lots. We NEED lots. Ted is getting over the stomach flu and me a cold.

Stacey is still battling the VEEG that she got here. Cleveland, of course, is lending a helping hand and ear. Poor thing just went through a very tramatic experience last night with a friend. Most people will never ever have to do what she did last night. I feel so bad for her and don't know how to get her mind off of it. I told her to go to a happy place in her mind. Watch her favorite movie, look at family videos. What else?

Just in case Lori pops in....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #725
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Trip Advisor just asked me to be a Destination Expert for Cozumel, LOL. I turned them down.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #726
Pooh_Friend#1

Julie - Yikes, lots of driving around for you soon! You should be proud...your kiddos are great.

Mom - I can't get Stacey off my mind. That is so cool they asked you to be a Destination Expert, you should have done it!!!!!! Is dad going skiing today?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #727
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, I feel the same about Stacey. I wish it wasn't snowing and I didn't have to go over Monument! I told her we could make it a girls day. Kids are off school so that MAY help her. No dad didn't go skiing. He snowplowed until 3 this morning. Ya, I was honored to be asked to be a destination expert but by no means am I the expert part of that title, LOL.

Julie, are you guys expecting the snowstorm? I'm thinking it's suppose to just go on the plains but wasn't sure. I bet we head to Cleveland in April. Nothing definite but can't wait to see you!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #728
Pooh_Friend#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyC_fan View Post
Heidi, I feel the same about Stacey. I wish it wasn't snowing and I didn't have to go over Monument! I told her we could make it a girls day. Kids are off school so that MAY help her. No dad didn't go skiing. He snowplowed until 3 this morning. Ya, I was honored to be asked to be a destination expert but by no means am I the expert part of that title, LOL.

Julie, are you guys expecting the snowstorm? I'm thinking it's suppose to just go on the plains but wasn't sure. I bet we head to Cleveland in April. Nothing definite but can't wait to see you!
Well I was going to ask if Dad wanted to go skiing tomorrow but I am trying to set up an appointment for Stacey and I. She needs me more than I need skiing. Plus we are getting the girls this weekend, so maybe we can go Saturday. I don't know. I will call you after work!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #729
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

We just booked a European River Cruise. We are going from Amsterdam to Budapest. I'm a little intimidated but what the heck. We only live once, right?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #730
Pooh_Friend#1

That sounds like so much fun mom!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I can't believe Cristina and Cody are engaged now. Poor Uncle Larry, I'm guessing he will find out through FB like the rest of us did.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #731
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, I really feel bad for Uncle Larry if that is the way he found out. I'm afraid to bring it up.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #732
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Sandy, can I go in your luggage for your cruise? Sounds like a great time! Congrats to your friends in Mexico on their new baby girl! Also, congrats on your family's recent engagement.

Nothing exciting over here. No snow, today was very nice, but we are suppose to get some more "snow" later in the week. We shall see. Brooke had her girl scout sleepover at the mall on Saturday. She had a blast! Didn't sleep a wink... she is trying to catch up on her sleep... but so far so good... not sick and had a great day in school. Early bed time tonight! And probably for the rest of the week to catch up on the sleep she missed.

Makenzie is at the rec center with 2 other girls from track. They decided to start running BEFORE track practice official starts in 2 weeks. We just spent $200 on a new pair of running shoes and a new pair of spikes. So she is set for the new track season!

Little Garry has been asked to be the 6th grade student ambassador, which means any new 6th graders to the building, Garry takes them around and gets them familiar with the school. He has taken 2 children around so far this school year. They asked him at the beginning of the year, but I totally forgot until he reminded me. I would forget my head if it wasn't attached.

Well, gonna run! Just wanted to post!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #733
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

We had a fun day today with Tyler and Joey. The boys made a snowman and the girls, well, a snowgirl, I guess. Penny just ran around us in circles. She was loving the snow, running, jumping and eating it, LOL. I was sooo excited about the baby. Her name is Romina. She was a big girl. Dad is tall for a Mexican so I think she got her length from Dad. Big sister, Keila, is so far ok with her. She had been wanting a baby sister for a long time. Romina was born on the 22nd.

Julie, I got the goosebumps about Garry being the ambassador. What a cool fun thing! I love the school doing that. I'm proud of Makenzie taking it upon herself to start training. And then there's Brooke. I bet she is sooooo drained. It will take awhile to catch up on sleep like you said. Not only did they miss out on sleep but they stayed busy all night. Hope you and Garry aren't "paying" for her loss of sleep,
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #734
Pooh_Friend#1

Julie - That is great that Garry is the ambassador. When the new high school was built, my sister and I had to take new students, parents, and the public on tours before it officially opened. We thought we were cool because we knew the in's and out's before it was even open and we had to wear a hard hat, lol. Running shoes are so expensive! Hopefully Brooke isn't too grumpy from the lack of sleep!!!!

Mom - After I responded on your wall post, Geidy sent me 2 pictures of Romina in a fb message. She looks a lot like Keila. So cute!!!!! I can't wait for you to meet her.

So thanks to this sequestration, not only are we on a hiring freeze now at work, we may be furloughed for 22 days. I'm stressing out a little bit more now. Ugh!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #735
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Heidi, I am so sorry that you are stressing. Is anything for sure yet????? I want to see the pictures of Romina!

Snowy day all day today. It was only to be a couple of snow showers. Well guess what...NOT! At least it isn't piling up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: