Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #691
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

OMGoodness mom, that is horrible. 1 year later and you are still struggling. Thanks for picking up Lilly today and making dinner!!!! The Ham is in the fridge!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #692
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Heidi: So sorry to hear about Sable. It is so hard to make that decision. We have had to too many times.

Thanks for thinking of us. Kaleigh is still in a lot of pain. I am hoping to hear about at least some of the bloodwork by tomorrow. The doctor spent about an hour with us and went over everything. Her pain is 24/7 and nothing helps. We keep trying relaxation techniques with her, but they aren't working either. The other night, we had her close her eyes and imagine Main Street. We tried to get her to visualize and smell everything. I wanted to engage all her senses. She started crying because she wanted to be there. I am hoping we get some answers soon. None of us are getting much sleep. We are doing our best to keep to a normal schedule, but modifications are always being made.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #693
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

Good Morning

I am home AGAIN. Started feeling horrible about 2:30 yesterday. I wanted to leave work so bad but knew I couldn't because of vacation time. finally left at 4:30 and barely made it to the car before I started throwing up. I seem to be better today but I am to afraid to leave the house. I havent had anything to eat since noon yesterday and kind of afraid to try. I am never going to get my vacation time built up enough for Disney at this rate

Denine- How horrible for Kaleigh. I have missed a lot of posts from you so I am kind of in the dark. She is in pain and they don't know why? When will you get the test results back from the test you had yesterday?

Sandy-Bruised lung? How did that happen? Sounds painful

I sure miss Bahama Breeze. What a perfect place to meet before the cruise. Sandy & Heidi do you know of anything like Bahama Breeze in Denver? We are going to meet in Denver before our October cruise and need a cool place.

Tiffany-Only 4 More days until your Birthday!! Where do you want to meet for dinner??

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back later

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #694
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Good day everyone.

Denine, sounds like you are doing everything you can to help Kaleigh. Hopefully, the results come in early.

Barb, I'm so sorry you are sick. Not my idea of a fun vacation day. I don't know of any other place like Bahama Breeze. Heidi might be able to help you with that. I bruised my lung last year sledding. I could have cracked a rib but they didn't take an xray because they said that there isn't much they could do for it anyway. Two different doctors agreed to that.

We are dogsitting Heidi's other dog, Lilly. I don't think any of us could just make her stay alone so soon after Sable's passing. I'm sure it's hard on her not knowing what the deal is and then to be left alone suddenly. Ted is out walking her right now.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #695
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - I am so sorry Kaleigh is in so much pain, I pray they find whatever is making her in so much pain. I can't imagine going that long and still in pain. I know she is not a baby, but poor baby, that has to be horrible on all of you and not being able to take her pain away.

Julie- How was Brooke's birthday??? What is her birthday party plans? Are you doing okay?

Barb - Not you too, I hope you feel better. I heard the crud going around is putting people in bed for at least 2 weeks. Get lots of rest and fluids. Hugs to you. I'm sure I could think of a place like Bahama Breeze..just give me some time when my head is less clouded!

Mom - Thanks for taking my baby. I swear she knows your name. Last night we were talking to her and asking if she was going to see grandpa and grandma and every time we said that she would jump up and get excited! I know you had cleaning to do today and she doesn't make that easy! Awe, and she even got her walk in. You guys are the best!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #696
Pooh_Friend#1

Good morning all! I hope you have a great day. Today is my last day of work before I leave for vacation and I cannot wait! Everyone is sick here so I am super paranoid I am going to get it too. After everything we have been through in the last 2 weeks I really need this vacation and I am praying I don't get sick. I am taking extra precautions!!!!!! I'm not usually a germaphobe, but I am this week. If I don't get back on....have a great week next week.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #697
Denine

Barb: Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon. As far as Kaleigh goes, she had bronchitis around Thanksgiving that required antibiotics and oral steroids. The first atb didn't work so they put her on augmentin. 2 days after the augmentin started, she started complaining of stomach pains. The docs have tried different meds to no avail. We have had her to the ER and a CAT scan showed nothing significant. We have now seen a GI doc and are awaiting blood test results. She has been in pain for 6 weeks now (as of tomorrow). We are all at our breaking point.

Heidi: Enjoy your vacation!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #698
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Huge natural gas leak close to Heidi and us. It smells so strong outside. The haze is thick. At least inside isn't bad.

I'm headed to get my mani and pedi. My feet are going to freeze until I can put my socks back on. Not looking forward to that!

Hope all the sickies are doing better.

JULIE, where are you??? Miss you!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #699
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Stopping by with my goodbyes. We leave in the morning. I will be gone for two weeks and Heidi one week. I will try and check in and if not, have a good couple of weeks! XOXO
Old 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #700
Denine

Well, it looks like Kaleigh has Celiac disease. They are still waiting for 1 more blood test result, but based on the 2 that came back, they want to do an endoscopy for a definitive diagnosis. The doctors office is going to call me on Monday and then I will schedule it. This means Kaleigh will have to go gluten free. But, not until after the endoscopy. Doing so before can mess up the test.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #701
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, I have heard the name celiac but I know nothing about it. At this point it's probably good to know what's causing the pain. Along with gluten free, is there medication she has to take?

Cozumel so far has been great. We are going to miss Heidi and Chris when they leave on Saturday.

Hugs
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #702
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Sorry to have been MIA, just extremely busy, same old same old.

Barb, so sorry to hear you were sick. I know something nasty has been going around and some of the hospitals around here were closed, due to too many sick people. I hope you are feeling better!

Heidi, so sorry to hear about Sable. I can completely understand how hard your decision was. I have had to put down a few cats, but after having our Miley, a dog would be just devastating! I was raised up on cats, and it is truly hard when they leave us, but there is something about dogs... it is different, I can't explain it.. but if you have ever owned a "good" dog.. you just "get it". Glad to see you and Chris had a nice time in Mexico! Wish I could have been there! I hope you had a drink for me!!

Denine, sorry to hear about Kaleigh. I hope you finally get your answers you need soon. How did she do when you guys went to see John and Judy? Does her pain come and go or is she constantly in pain? Has she been able to practice with her softball team? I don't know how she could do anything if she was in so much pain. I give you credit for waiting as long as you have with her being in pain, I would have had been on the doctors like white on rice to get my child in asap. I can't believe they have made you guys wait so LONG!!! I would be pulling my hair out, like I'm sure you are. Hope the gluten free diet works for her.

Sandy, did you have a few drinks for me?? I know you are having a great time! Wish I was with you guys! maybe someday!! How is your bruised lung doing? Hopefully you aren't in too much pain. You know the cure for that?? 1. grab the glass infront of you with alcohol in it... any kind you like.... 2. raise the glass to your lips 3. drink 4. REPEAT!!!

Nothing to "new" going on here. I decided to "re-do" little Garry's room. SO, I started right after the new year. I ripped up his carpet (the hard wood floor underneath was in pretty good shape, it will need to be refinished in the future, but for now it is in pretty nice shape). got a new computer/work desk and got some new cabinets/shelving units..etc and a nice area rug for the middle of the room. It has now become a room of a middle schooler/ preteen boys room instead of the "kid" room. He loves it!
We had Brooke's family birthday party yesterday. We usually have her family party this weekend since the kids don't have school on monday due to MLK day, and gives people some time to recoup from Christmas. We usually have Garry's the weekend of president's day for the same reason with no school on monday.. and then gives us a break between Brooke's birthday and Garry's. I make a cake for each ON their birthday and they get a few gifts ON their special day, but their "big party" is a week or so later. Tuesday the kids start a new quarter/semester. Nothing really changes for Garry or Brooke, but Makenzie loses choir and computers and begins health and gym/p.e. Makenzie was also informed that she will be in ALL HONORS classes next year in 9th grade! Your teacher's HAVE to recommend you and sign off on you to be placed in honors and you can't ask or sign up for the honors classes by yourself or with your parents "asking/requesting" you be placed in them either. She is excited, but she can't believe she will be in honors math!!! She isn't a big fan of math, but LOVES english and social studies!! This past quarter, BOTH Garry and Makenzie have either 100% or HIGHER in all of their classes!!! We can view Garry and Makenzie's grades, assignments, tests, and quizes etc... on the computer. Brooke we can't see, but her teacher told us that she also has straight A's too. When the report cards come out this week, we will be able to see her grades.
Now, I will start on the "re do" of the girls room. I already ripped their carpet up back in August (when Anna Marie left) now I will start on new bedpreads, new computer/work desk, an all sorts of things..... starting off the new year with RE- DO's!!!

Well, I think that is it for now. Hi and welcome Tiffany! Glad to see our DIS family growing.

Hope I didn't forget anything!! Be back later!!

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #703
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - How is Kaleigh doing on the gluten free diet? I have seen more and more people going on a gluten free diet. I know quite a few restaurants now offer gluten free meals too. Hugs to her and you guys too.

Julie - Wow, you have been busy. Sounds like Makenzie is well on her way to a college scholarship...all honors classes early on and a great runner...I'm sure she will only improve when she gets to High School. Congrats to you guys for raising such smart and great kiddos.

Well we picked the right week to be gone and in Mexico. In CO it was below zero temps and now that we are back, today is a high of 64 and tomorrow will be a high of 70!!!! We had a great time and cannot wait to go back. My parents have made some great friends out there and they were so nice to take us in as well. Great group of people. It is very interesting to go to their house and eat. Their tamales are much different than ours, lol!!!! Their mild salsa is spicy to ours too, lol! They laughed at us when we thought it was a little spicy. Of course we had some great tours and mishaps as well but the memories will last forever. One of my favorite things to do was the Xrail ride. So much fun and dirty!!!!! Jealous my parents are still out there!

Barb - I hope you are feeling better. Hugs.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #704
Pooh_Friend#1

I think I have an ear infection but do not want to go to the doctor. Ugh...been struggling with it for a couple of days but over the counter products are not working. Hoping I can get an appointment with the doctor today.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #705
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey everyone. Yep, I'm still alive. The weather is not the greatest but I've managed to get "raccoon eyes". You know a suntan wearing your sunglasses. I look hideous.

Julie, BBC's baby!! I'm taking very good care of you, haha

Heidi, hope you are out of pain today. If not, try Bonnie's trick that she put on fb.

Lots to say but will wait until I get home this weekend.

XOXO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: