Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #631
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Good morning!!

Barb - Welcome home!!! I loved seeing Jaymee's pictures as well. You can tell she loves being auntie just like me! That is so sad about your parents dog. That is my worse nightmare. How is your neice doing? I had a similar thing happen to me and I felt horrible. I was watching Joey and Tyler overnight while my sister and her husband had a night out and her rabbit had a stroke sometime that day or night and they had to put her to sleep the day they came back. Worst thing ever.

Denine - How is Kaleigh feeling?

Mom - It was an interesting day!!! I will never forget that lady wrapping her 10 gifts and asking if she could take change for a $5 out of the donation jar! The best was driving home in all the snow!!!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #632
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Back to the doctor again today. The improvement in the cough didn't last and the tummy pains continue. Kaleigh has gastritis from the antibiotics, so she put her on prevacid and an inhaled steroid for the cough. She is so tired and in so much pain and so tired of coughing.

Barb: Sounds like you had a great time. Too bad about your parents dog. Maybe you should go into sales!

Sandy: The rich stay rich by never giving anything away. I would be frustrated as well.

Julie: I hope you don't think I have ignored you. I haven't talked to anyone on the phone except parents and the doctor lately. I am hoping to get together once Kaleigh is better. Thinking of you.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #633
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Busy day of doing ME things. Ted went skiing and I took advantage. I love ME days!!

Heidi, I need you to please measure your wrist. If you don't want to stop by here for the tape measure just wrap a string around your wrist, cut it, and measure the string. I've contacted the lady and we've been back and forth a couple of times. Also, I bought the wired ribbon to play with. I want to learn to make those bows!

It's so terribly cold today. The wind doesn't help at all either. We have a little snow left from Saturday's storm.

Sheez, Denine. If it isn't one thing with Kaleigh it's another. Hopefully she will get better before Christmas so she can enjoy it!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #634
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - My wrist is 6 1/2". I think the bows will be very easy to make...I can't wait to play around with it! I woke up to surprise snow this morning!!! Roads were a little slick. Did dad say anything about how skiing was?

Denine - OMGoodness, that poor girl needs to be locked up inside during winter. She always gets so sick. Sending her well wishes that she gets better soon.

We had a proud moment yesterday, one of my DDs was selected for a solo in their show choir competition (sectionals I believe or maybe state) that is coming up in April. She is so excited. Although I am a little jealous of my mom since I just got a text and grandma got a phone call!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #635
Denine

We had a few flurries in the air this morning. THat is the extent of snow I want to see.

This is actually the first time in 3 years that Kaleigh has had to be on antibiotics. The bronchitis cleared up quickly, it is just the complications with her asthma and tummy that are making it tough. Hoping to send her to PSR tonight, but I don't know. It all depends on how bad her tummy hurts. Not fun trying to sit in a classroom for 1-1/2 hours with stabbing pains in your belly. It is the last class before Christmas. Just as long as she is well by Christmas. We are leaving Virginia right after Christmas.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #636
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Santa , the package arrived today. I will get a check in the mail pronto. Thank you!!

Heidi, dad said the skiing wasn't bad. He was even thinking about going today but we have the yucky office party. Thanks for measuring your wrist. I tell you one thing, I felt HONORED that Amanda called me. It made me tear up because of the news and because she thought to call me.

Denine, at least school is almost over. I was wondering how you were handling it.

Doctor visit today and then the office party. Not a good day.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #637
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Sheez, what a day. Got back from the doctor and now my back is killing me. I think from sitting on the "table" so long. Sitting on heat now. BUT, now I don't have to go to Ted's office party. YAHOO! I asked him about the lung issues and just his reaction alone made me feel better about it It was like, well ya. It's going to take a long time. I told him the urgent care said about 3 months and he said that it is a very slow recovery and is to be expected. Stay on heat and stretchiing exercises.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #638
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I'm bored. Ted is at the party and I'm stuck here on the couch with the heating pad.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #639
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Never mind. I just found a Little HouseOn the Prairie Christmas show. All is good.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #640
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - Glad you asked him about it. I hope your back feels better. How did dad enjoy the Christmas party? You were just looking for a reason to get out of the party.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #641
Denine

At least the sun is out today. It has been so dark lately.

Sandy: I usually just sit in the chair until the doc comes in. Those tables are uncomfortable for any length of time.

Kaleigh is in a lot of pain today. It makes me so sad that I can't help. The pharmacist said it would take 3-4 days for the prevacid to start working. She made it to PSR last night. It wasn't easy. She has softball tonight. The distraction and doing something she loves helps to take her mind off her tummy for a little while. She does her best to push it into the back of her mind. School here has been difficult. We do as much as we can. We are pretty much caught up though.

We have a Christmas party Saturday morning. I am hoping she will start to feel better by then.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #642
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Never easy lately for me. So, I was using heat on my back last night and when I went to bed I realized I BURNED my back. I didn't even feel it burninng. My back is better but just burned. I am ready to give up!! I have a bandaid on my leg from the dermatologist. One on my hand that I cut. Burned back. What next, LOL.

I so agree with you Denine. Keeping Kaleigh busy helps make it better.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #643
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Missing my DISfamily. Todays terrible news makes think of all those in my life that means so much to me. That includes all of you. God bless all those involved in CT. It's so hard to understand how anyone could take the lives these beautiful young children and adults.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #644
Denine

It's been a few days since I have posted. I haven't felt like it and we have been busy. I hate coming on here just to keep saying the same thing. Kaleigh's cough is getting better, but she is still in a lot of pain with the gastritis. It takes quite a while to heal.

We had our Christmas with Santa party Saturday morning. Yesterday we spent the whole day making cookies. I have more to make today.

I have not told Kaleigh about the shootings. I am hoping to keep the news from her as long as possible. We don't watch the news and I have been hiding the front section of the paper after I read it. Luckily no one talked about it at the party. She has no need to know and she would be so upset if she did find out. It just breaks my heart.

Looking foward to Christmas next week and going to see John and Jud. I just hope Kaleigh's tummy stops hurting so much so she can enjoy herself.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #645
Pooh_Friend#1

Good morning. Had a busy weekend, lots of cookies, but it was fun. Friday I baked cookies for a party, Saturday I baked cookies with my bff and her family and then went to a cookie exchange Christmas cookie party. I made spiced apple cider caramel cookies that were good (much better when they were warm and chewy!). Then Sunday was the Broncos game, cleaning, laundry and Chris attempting to fix the water pressure for our shower. What he did helped a little but not much. I guess we will have to get a plumber to come over. If the Broncos win the next 2 games we will be the second seed which means I will have 2 more games to work!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: