Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #571
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Today was a fantastic day!! My phone was just not reliable. I set out today to look for my options. I stopped at Best Buy and Verizon. "so sorry, nothing we can do for you but make you sign a new contract and lose unlimited data or buy the phone out right and pay 700.00". Yikes, that's too much. Ok, one more place to check and then I had to make a decision after consulting them. I walk up and they say they may be able to help me with unlimited data. Voila, Ted and I walked away with two new smart phones and I kept my unlimited data. I'm sooooo excited. Why do phone companies play games???
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #572
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Heidi: How was the concert? Our high school didn't have a show choir until after I graduated. It would have been fun.

Sandy: I know nothing about phones. We only have the pay-as-you go kind. They make phone calls and if you try really hard you can text. We just don't use them.

Another cold and cloudy day. You can pretty much repeat that until spring comes although sometimes you can add in snow.

Softball practice tonight.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #573
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Denine - I would be so lost without my cell phone. We turned off our home phone and just kept our cells. The show choir was good for the 3 songs they did, lol! It was more of a concert for a cover band. The school jazz band performed 3 songs, and the cover band played 3 songs while the show choir were back-up singers and dancers, and then the cover band played a lot more songs after that. It seemed like it was more of a release party for the band since their CD just came out. We drove 2 hours to see this, lol! And then I have to drive back up there on Friday to pick the girls up!!!! Next time we will make sure the girls have more part in it! I think a lot of people were surprised because many parents were taking off in the middle of the cover band part.

Mom - Glad you got a new phone and kept your unlimited minutes...now I want a new phone!!!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #574
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

It was a fun night. We went with Heidi and Chris to watch the girls. It's too bad that it was only for 3 songs but the night itself was full of laughs. It seems that when the four of us get together nothing turns out as planned.

My new phone is a pain right now. It chimes for every notification. I have to figure out how to turn that off!! It also has a LED light that blinks when you get a notification. I'm sure that's a battery burner. I want that turned off, too. I hate new phones until you get it all working the way YOU want them to
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #575
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - I can help you change all that! Maybe we could meet up for breakfast tomorrow!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #576
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Sounds great Heidi. Hope to have breakfast with you tomorrow.

Ted and I took off for the mtns again today. We were gone pretty much the whole day. We ended up driving past our mtn property that we sold several years ago. It's for sale again and I know Ted is sooooo tempted. It was a great day.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #577
Denine

TGIF!

Too bad the choir didn't have much to do in the concert! Our choir concerts were only for the choirs, no bands involved.

Off to the library book sale today. Also taking Reese to the vet this afternoon. He has to go every few months for an antibiotic and cortisone shot. He has a chronic mouth problem.

Sunny today and a bit warmer. Supposed to be almost 50.

Really wanting to see the Lincoln movie, but I don't think it is appropriate for Kaleigh.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #578
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

The Lincoln movie is suppose to be really good.

I'm sad today. I'm sure you can read my FB post but my dad use to work for Wonder. All this talk about it shutting down makes me miss him. I have so many fond memories of raiding his truck, LOL. Then earlier this week I found out a friend from 7th grade to my senior year passed away from colon/rectum cancer. I've been in contact with many childhood friends because of his passing. Then my sisters death. It just seems like my past is leaving bit by bit.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #579
Denine

Sandy:

Sandy: I am looking foward to when Kaleigh can stay home by herself so we can go see a movie or something. A couple more years. But at the same time, I want her to stay little. Every mom's dilema!

Hoping to go for a walk outside today. Supposed to be 52. Sun is out so hopfully it works out.

Another weekend of working around the house.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #580
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, so true. We want to rush the kids to grow up and then again we want them to stay babies. I guess we are never happy. Hope you got your sun!

Nothing new today. The new med that Cleveland put Tyler on is making him more sleepy and more angry than he already was. I feel so bad. I know it's the meds and wish he could just get off them and be that sweet little boy that he was before he had the seizures. I see pictures and miss that so much. I know others think he's a bad boy but he's not.

Got a lot done today. One thing I did was make a new recipe. It's a jalapeno cranberry relish. I think it might be pretty good. It's hot so I really haven't "tried" it other than a finger on the spoon, LOL.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #581
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - Oh no, that is not good for the new med. I know Stacey talked to one mom and the mom said the same thing but she was afraid to tell her that. She said her son was very angry but also gets hard by the side effects of most drugs. Poor Tyler is just so frustrated. I'm sorry about your friend, that is so sad. I think Nika is planning on going to Black Friday, just a heads up on that! She was saying something on Friday when we were at Target because a cashier was telling us how early they were opening up and then Nika was mumbling when we left about that sucks but it is good for her and her mom!

Denine - They had a concert just like you were talking about but we missed it since we were in Cleveland. They have regionals in Colorado Springs in April that we will be going to so I am excited about that!

Barb - What did you think of Breaking Dawn part 2?

My weekend was exhausting! Took 4 teenage girls to the late night Friday movie and got home at 2:30am. Then worked the Broncos game yesterday from 9:00am-8:00pm. I have 2 more games left to work and if we make it to the playoffs I feel I may have more games to work!! It's so hard to work the games when I want to be watching the game!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great week! I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #582
Denine

Sandy: I am sorry to hear about Tyler's reaction to the new med. That stinks. You try to fix one problem, just to get another.

Heidi: I am tired just thinking about yor weekend.

We went to the zoo yesterday and then to Red Robin. It was good to get out.

Trying to gear up for Thanksgiving. I am making 2 pies, cranberry sauce and a wild rice dressing to takt to Jerry's mom's.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #583
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_Friend#1 View Post
Mom - Oh no, that is not good for the new med. I know Stacey talked to one mom and the mom said the same thing but she was afraid to tell her that. She said her son was very angry but also gets hard by the side effects of most drugs!
Heidi, I'm a little confused, do you meanthe other boy always has a hard time with side effects with all meds? Sorry. I thought it was strange that Erica would stay but not Nika. I'm sure they'll be fine on the bed in your room. Poor Nika. It's gonna be a hard, long, day for her. I hope Erica isn't MAKING her.

Denine, sounds like you had a sunny day! I want to go to Zoo lights this year. I want to every year and then it gets cold and I change my mind, LOL.

Ted and I really liked the Jalapeno cranberry sauce so I just made some more. We are having about 13 people here. I guess as long as I can find room to feed them and also have a pathway to the bathroom, all will be good! I don't mind MAKING the meal. I just wish I had a bigger kitchen and a bigger home to accomodate them.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #584
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - Yes, the other boy. I think Nika wants to go and is excited to go. Did you see the girls pics on FB? They found the footies at Target and want them!!! So either you can buy them or I can!! We are going to bring our cooler with the drinks for Wednesday so people can go outside to get their drinks and then it won't crowd the countertops or your fridge!

Denine - One day I will get to your zoo!!!!

Had a little scare this morning. Opened up our freezer in the garage and saw things were thawing out. We just bought a ton of food to fill it up and I was afraid our freezer had died. Thank goodness I found it in time. Chris changed the plug it was plugged into and it kicked back on. Thankfully we didn't lose our freezer full of food.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #585
Denine

That is scary about the freezer. Glad it just needed to be in a different plug. I really need a second freezer. We have looked a couple of times, but never get one.

We just go to Jerry's mom's. It is just us. Jerry's brother goes to his wife's family and my parents go to their church. It is so hard to get families together anymore, especially when it is not easy for them to get out and about.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: