Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #541
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

More sun today, YEAH!!!

Kaleigh has softball practice tonight. She is happy about that. I am happy that they have an indoor facility and they can practice all winter!

I like meat, but I am with Julie on the expensive cuts! I can't afford it though. We only eat meat a couple times a week and then it is usually in something, not the main food.

Heidi: I have not read or seen the Twilight series. I know a bit of what it is about though.

I actually think marijuana should be legalized everywhere. Think of what it would do to the Mexican drug cartels if it was no longer illegal. There are actual, legitimate medical uses for it too. It is certainly something I have no interest in even trying, but it would also demystify it if it were legal. Just my 2 cents.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #542
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

I don't talk politics but I DID NOT VOTE FOR LEGALIZING MARIJUANA and I'm proud of it! I see Colorado going down hill and fast when it's final. I heard that it won't go into affect until 2014. I pray the Feds get into it and stops it. I've heard that Oregon shot it down and last I heard WA was probably going to pass. Outrageous!! Maybe I should tell you how I really feel, .

Denine, it's ok in this state for medical marijuana and I do agree with it. A friend of Stacey's put her son on it this summer for seizures and he's doing fantastic. He was having 100-200 seizures a night and it has boiled down to a couple a week. He has doose syndrome, the same as Tyler. I do think it still needs some tweakingand MUCH more regulation because anyone and everyone can get the license for every ailment and I am not a fan of that. My nephew takes it for baseball injuries, ya right. There needs to be more "reputable" doctors prescribing it.

Julie, I'll take Christmas ads anyday over politics!! Don't you love what Laurie posted on FB. Yay for more sun!

I lost 3.75. Not much for eating all that yucky meat but I will take whatever loss I can at this point. One more day.....
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #543
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

thank you heidi for working on my signature !!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #544
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey guys, can anyone tell me where to look for a gift? (I was going to ask "where to go", LOL) My little 6 year old Cozumel friend wants to see snow so badly. They were going to try and come out but now with a baby on the way their visit was put on hold. I am thinking about finding a company that can put her picture inside of a snow globe. I thought she would get a kick out of seeing herself inside the globe plus the snow itself. Don't want to pay big bucks but something cute. I found one on amazon but it only has a place for the picture and then the "snow". I was hoping to find a winter scene as well. I know you can make them out of mason jars but what I have seen they look like, well, mason jars with stuff in them. Any other ideas for "snow" gifts?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #545
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Sandy, you can try: http://www.custom-snowdomes.com/

BUT they don't give a price on line. They do email communications so they might be willing to work with you. Worth a shot.

This one sells kits you can make yourself..... http://snowdomes.com/

Sorry I can't give you any solid info. Good luck! What a great idea!

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #546
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Mom - Don't they have snow in a can around Christmas? Not sure what it is about but I thought I saw it at Target one year. Something like this Snow
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #547
Denine

Sandy: I can understand your position. As in other places that have marijuana legal for medical purposes, doctors will write for anyone. I just don't see people all of a sudden running out to score some marijuana though, just because it is now legal. It will be interesting to see what the Feds do, but that may be usurping states rights if they try to stop it. I just don't know how it is so much different than alcohol though. There are plenty of dangerous drugs that need to stay illegal. Yes, this one is addictive and mind altering, but so is alcohol. You see where Prohibition went. I just don't see a nation of drug users. The ones that use it will just be using it legally and we can free up our police forces and drug forces for other stuff. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have no idea where to buy winter stuff. I ignore all signs of winter and things with snow!

Not quite as sunny today, but it is supposed to be dry and warm up a bit for the weekend.

The green tomatoes I picked when I pulled my garden ripened! I have enough to make 2 batches of sauce for the freezer and there a few more left to ripen so maybe I will get a 3rd batch.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #548
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, I love you....we can disagree over the marijuana issue and understand each one's opinion at the same time. FB has blown up over politics. My friend got so many messages calling her all kinds of nasty names just over her views. I know that she is not the only one affected since I'm reading a lot of comments from other people.

Thanks Julie and Heidi. I will search everything out. Denine, what??? You can't help me over snow ? LOL That made me laugh.

It's a tad chilly today with a little overcast. I am eating food today and it's not all meat and green. I even get my milk. YUM!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #549
Pooh_Friend#1

I can't believe how vicious people get and the name calling going around. It is insane just because I have a different political view from someone else that I was the one that was stupid and didn't research anything. Crazy people! Ultimately it is my boss and I will fall in line and support whatever I need to, to get the job done!

Denine - I'm with you on legalizing pot! I don't see a rush of people to get it because it became legal, they are already getting it anyway. Mom - Don't hate me, j/k!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #550
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Oooohhhhh Heidi. I'm about ready to call you names and unfriend you. You voted against my opinion on marijuana??? You............(fill in the blank)
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #551
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

This is what my friend was called "moron", "don't think I can use this particular one on the DIS", "idiot", "uneducated", "stupid", "anti-American", "loser" and various other epithets. It's crazy what people say and do when they don't agree with your way of thinking. To do that on a public forum is uncalled for.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #552
Pooh_Friend#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyC_fan View Post
Oooohhhhh Heidi. I'm about ready to call you names and unfriend you. You voted against my opinion on marijuana??? You............(fill in the blank)
LYMI
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #553
Denine

I like having an actual discussion with differing view points, everyone can learn something. Too many people can't defend their position, so they resort to name calling. I try really hard not to get political on FB, but sometimes I just have to post something.

Beef stew in the crockpot! Sorry Sandy, I know it is meat. Yesterday we went meatless though.

Jerry is working from home today in hopes of finishing putting stain on the deck. All that is left are the railing slats, but the weather just hasn't cooperated. Now they are calling for a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow that wasn't in the forecast. I told him to go ahead and do it anyway since they are vertical surfaces.

I would love to go to the food show at the IX center this weekend, but at $25 per ticket for us and $15 for Kaleigh and $8 to park, it ain't happening. If you want to actually sit for the demonstrations, it is $45 per ticket!

We have a 4-H banquet on Sunday. Kaleigh wants to see if she can get elected News Officer again. We told her she can't try for any other officer positions because we don't know what kind of time commitment softball will bring. Last summer, she missed 6 meetings because softabll games were the same night. Hopefully we even have 4-H next year. The county de-funded it so they have to come up with private funding. Everyone is hoping that some company or organization steps in and saves it. Kaleigh had to write a letter to the editor for writing yesterday and she chose to write about the funding issue. We are going to send it to several county papers and see if they publish it and maybe some people can send in donations. Poor kid was in tears at the thought of not having 4-H.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #554
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Howdy, howdy. Just tried to weigh in today and it was all blocked off by the Sheriff's dept so I called and they told me there is a gunman on the roof. Yikes!!!

Denine, I feel for Kaleigh. 4H has been around forever. Hope it all works out. I would be absolutely fine with beef stew. I just hate eating a "hunk" of meat, LOL. I love, love casseroles and in my opinion stews/soups fall in that category.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #555
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Sooooo, I just got a reverse 911 call. The situation has been resolved. I checked the phone and somehow I missed their first call telling us NOT to leave the house. Ooops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: