Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #526
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, I agree with Julie. You are great friends to John and Judy and I'm sure they appreciated your thoughtfulness.

So Julie, did you stay warm and dry today?? LOL

The funeral is over. My eyes burn and I have a "stuffy" headache. My part of the eulogy worked perfectly with my great niece's part. It was hard saying goodbye and seeing my BIL and nieces cry. The worst was my 15 year old great niece sobbing. I have a niece that had brain surgery a few years ago due to a huge lesion. It was hard seeing her fight so hard to keep up in conversations, figure out who was who etc. Her mom took great care of her and now I'm scared what may happen now that she is gone. Her sister said that she needs a group home or something because she is extremely agitated at times. She also has seizures due to the surgery.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #527
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Sandy... I'm sure your day was extremely hard. I know your sister was smiling down on you!! Hopefully your nieces will work everything out, maybe a group home might be a good thing for awhile at least.

Well, we have been DRY!!! It tried to drizzle alittle last night, but the clouds were pretty much wiped out! It has been chilly, but I will take that over the rain...

Gonna run.... time to do the ..... I did have 1 day last week where EVERYTHING was actually clean for a day and there wasn't any dirty laundry ................................but poof!! the dirty clothes came back.

Be back later!!
TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #528
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Julie, what a day of celebration when your laundry doesn't pile up!! Winter is always full of laundry here. I think it's because the clothes are heavier so it takes less to make a load. Hope you enjoyed it, LOL.

I bet you Cleveland people got a lot of postponed games in today. We will be staying dry for at least a week. It's horrible to think that we might have another winter like last year.

I couldn't sleep last night because I kept seeing my niece when I closed my eyes. I really worry about her but I don't think living here is the answer either. I also kept seeing my sister in the casket. It was a bad night. We got up, had breakfast and decided to take a drive in the mtns. Was that ever a perfect decision! It really cleared my mind. I'm feeling much better now.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #529
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Sandy:

Kaleigh had fun trick-or-treating last night. Jerry said there were more than the usual number of houses that weren't giving out candy. I wish the city would put an age limit on kids. There were so many rude, obnoxious, loud teens in groups running from house to house and down the middle of the street. We weren't allowed to trick or treat past a certain age. I like the little kids, but the older kids gets the worst candy I have and only 1 piece. The little kids get a couple of pieces of the goos stuff.

Hoping to feel better today. I picked up my own bug from somewhere. I am tired of coughing and sniffling and sneezing.

I hope the Lauter kids have fun ToT'ing tonight!
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #530
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

This is kind of fun following the different trick or treat day. Glad Kaleigh had a good time. Not too many people here leave their lights on. It irritates me to no end that they hand out candy when their kids were young but never again. Personally, I love getting the older kids. We've never had the obnoxious teens so I guess I'm lucky.

Feel better Denine. A cold bug is certainly flying around everywhere. Thanks so much for the hugs. I am doing MUCH better today. I guess I just needed to get away.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #531
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Great dinner if I say so myself. I made pepper steak over mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmm. It's my "last meal" before I go back to Slimgenics tomorrow. I am so not happy with my weight again. Cozumel is coming in January and there is no way I am going looking like this. Last year I was at my goal.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #532
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! Trick or treating was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast! There weren't too many kids out in the neighborhood my kids were at so everyone was VERY heavy handed with handing out treats! We have so much candy we should be good for about 2 years! All three kiddos were out for the whole 2 hours! It was chilly, but DRY!!!!! It reminded Garry and I of what it was like when we trick or treating ... it was actually DARK out when the kids started. Usually it still is light out when they go (daylight savings), but this year it wasn't and there were so many lights on, it was a nice feeling!

Sandy, I didn't think you looked bad at all!! Actually I thought you looked awesome, I even told you so! You and the girls are so pretty, just like a picture! No seriously!

Denine, we didn't have any older kids in our area where we were. Usually there is a ton, but not this year. When there is, they aren't too wild. Maybe this year they were "having too much fun since trick o treating was on a different day. Be careful about handing "wild kiddos" "bad candy" they could come back with eggs or TP jk!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better. How is Kaleigh feeling?

Barb, Oh Barb.... where for art thou Barb?????

Well, gotta run! Have a great day everyone.
Be back later!

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #533
Denine

Monday again...

Cold, but mostly dry.

This cold is knocking me on my butt! I am sooo tired. I am seeing glimpses of feeling better though. Jerry started with the sniffles again last night. I hope we don't start passing this thing around all winter! Jerry almost never gets sick, so this isn't good. Kaleigh is still a bit sniffly, but otherwise fine.

I can't wait for the election to be over tomorrow for the sole reason there will be no more commercials on tv or radio, no more stuff in the mail and no more phone calls! They can all fight it out after tomorrow, but they won't be bugging me anymore.

There seem to be a lot of obnoxious teens in the neighborhood anyway and they just get really wild on Halloween. Unfortunately, the worst candy I had was whoppers. The good stuff was peanut butter cups and hershey bars. I should give them all dum dum suckers. Heck, Kaleigh went to one house where all she got was political literature! No candy!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #534
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Good morning. So glad the kids got to go ToT finally! I like the older kids too, as long as they aren't rude. I'm glad they feel like they can still be a kid and enjoy the fun holiday. Any pictures of your kiddos?

I took the funeral a lot harder than I thought I would and my sister felt the same way. It was very sad and hard. I am going to try and take next Thursday off to take my girls and my second cousin to the Twilight Movie Marathon. My little cousin would watch the Twilight movies with my aunt and I told her about the movie marathon next week and she really wants to go. I just have to make sure I can take it off, tickets are still on sale, and my cousin will let her go since it's a school day and she would have to miss 1 day and then be home after midnight and go to school the following day. My girls have Fall Break that week so it's not an issue with them.

Glad you guys had a break in the rain and got some sun! Is this winter storm supposed to hit you guys too?
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #535
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Denine, I had to laugh. Your bad candy is something I like....whoppers. I am soooooo with you with politics. DONE, DONE, DONE!!!! With both of us from swing states we've had it bad!!

Julie, awwww, have I told you lately I love you???? YIKES, I weighed in today and about fainted over the number. Now I know you lie, LOL. I hate that they changed daylight savings until AFTER Halloween. C'mon, one week really makes that big of a difference??? Get real people! Kids could go out earlier and get back earlier while ToT on a school night.

Heidi, that is soooo cool if you can hook up with Nika. I heard you talking to her about it. You are an amazing, caring woman!

I was wondering the same thing as Heidi last night when I heard about the storm coming in. Are you guys going to get it? We are to stay dry until Saturday. Doubt the storm will produce much for us but something is better than nothing for sure.

Barb, Barb, Barb, you are missed.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #536
Denine

THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen it in almost 2 weeks. When Julie got to see it, we were at the funeral out east and it didn't come out there.

No, we are not supposed to get affected by the nor'easter that is coming. We need a break. I feel bad for all the people in it's path though.

We voted absentee when we got home from vacation, but I don't vote based on tv, radio or mailers. I do my research from several sources. Heck, I spent 1-1/2 hours studying judges after we got the ballot so we knew who to vote for. I am sure it will get ugly since it sounds like it will be close.

Heidi: It sounds like you have a fun day planned for next week. Hope you can get off.

Sandy: I haven't weighed myself since we got back from vacation. Maybe next week. I haven't been able to do the treadmill since I have been sick. Maybe this afternoon. I am always afraid to see what the number is going to be.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #537
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - Glad you were able to see the sun!!!!!

Turns out my girls aren't on fall break next week but their mom is okay with them skipping friday so I will go pick them up Thursday and head to the theatre to see the premiere. I'm kind of glad since I didn't want to sit through 10 hours of movies!! I love Twilight, but that is a long time to sit for movies in an uncomfortable chair! I talked with my cousin and she is okay with Nika coming so I sent her a text last night asking if she wanted to come with us. Hopefully she says yes as I would love to get her out and give her a break.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #538
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Yay, Denine saw the sun!

We voted by mail. We have been doing that for years now. I wouldn't do it any other way anymore. No lines!!

So I went on what I call the meat and green diet. I am sooooooooooo sick of meat on my second day and I still have one more day to go. It kind of cleanses your body and then I go on with the real diet. It's strictly meat and green veggies with one orange and lots and lots of water. NO CARBS. I think I've lost 3 pounds since yesterday. I HATE meat so this is really, really hard on me.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #539
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

NO MORE POLITICAL ADS on or MAILERS ( we don't get the phone calls thank goodness!!)

I'm so glad all of this political stuff is over. Now we can get bombarded by Christmas ADS !! Which I must say are WAY better then the political stuff.

Heidi, that is such a great idea about taking the girls to see the new twilight movie. I'm sure you all will have fun!

Denine, more sun is scheduled for today!!! What are we gonna do?? I'll take sun and the cool temps then the rain. I think we have had enough rain this fall!

Sandy, meats and greens? I guess I could do that. I like green veggies and meat. My problem would be I like the "good" meats like filet mignon ... which would be great BUT very expensive if I ate it at every meal!!! Oh and Colorado legalizes Marijuana for recreational use?? What are you guys smokin?? Your state just became VERY popular!!!!! AND HUNGRY!!!!

Barb, come out come out where ever you are!!

Well gotta run! Be back later! ( and I approved this message... last time people!!)

TTFN

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00

Last edited by wildernessgirl; 11-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #540
Pooh_Friend#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessgirl View Post
Oh and Colorado legalizes Marijuana for recreational use?? What are you guys smokin?? Your state just became VERY popular!!!!! AND HUNGRY!!!!
LMAO!!!!!! Welcome to Colorado, we are going to get bombarded with pot heads moving here!!! But I'm sure it will be quite some time before it actually takes effect. I think Washington State passed as well, not sure if Oregon passed it. This should be an interesting time when weed starts showing up in stores. On the news they showed a guy saying this is the best thing that ever happened to him....I feel sorry for him if legalizing Marijuana was the best thing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: