Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
wildernessgirl
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary Chris and Heidi!!!

Sandy, glad to hear everyone is fine.

WELL, I officially have a 7th grader, 5th grader, and a 2nd grader!!! The kids last day of school was today!!! It was a great day, but a little emotional too! All of them got straight A's (Of course Makenzie got her A+'s again). Makenzie also got the Presidents Award for academics AND she also got the Kiwanis Award, (they only hand out 2 of those and she and her best friend Sydnee received this award, it is for service and citizenship)!! Her promotional ceremony was just wonderful! We posted pictures on facebook (I don't know how to on this DIS).

Jeanne, I would love to meet Petah (the Australian accent pasted on from Sandy to me)

Well, gotta run! Will be back on later or tomorrow.

Julie DVC '98
Disney Wonder '00
Disney Magic '01 Disney Magic '06
Disney Magic '02 Disney Magic '08
Disney Magic '04 Disney Magic '10
wildernessgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Yay, someone to talk to. We have to keep this one page one or two to give our new friend a smile.

Hi Julie. Good for the kiddos. Wow, they grow up so fast. Well, actually I can't take the credit for the accent. I talked to Petah on the phone. What an accent that man has! I really had to concentrate. He's a lot of fun!!
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
Mickey02
Glad the brain washing worked!
I don't even know how to be an adult without kids
I earned "High Gear Performer"

Good Morning!

taking a few minutes off the phone to stop in to say hello.

Sandy-OUCH! Poor Tyler does that kid ever catch a break? The neck coolers I am making for Disney are the one that have the water beads in them that you soak and they are like tapioca. They work so great in the heat. I sent out an email asking who in my family wanted one for Disney and what material they want. My brother in law wants Bronco material. II was talking to Bob last night about making them and selling online. Hummm I love to sew. Reunion is coming along good. getting so close. I spoke to the lady that owns the Bed and Breakfast were we are staying. I needed some information about plugs for the cotton candy, snow cone and pop corn machine for the carnival. She asked if we would adopt her.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HEIDI & CHRIS!!!

That means Jaymee's anniversary is coming up in a week! Mine and Bobs was last week. Jason and Michelles was a couple of days ago. PHEW! Busy month!

Ethan has his first baseball game of the summer last night. He has 2 a week. I love watching him play. His team is really good. I am so glad he is on a team with good players by watching them maybe he will catch on. He still forgets to run to the bases when someone hits the ball. I was cracking up last night watching them. A few of the kids on Ethans team can hit the ball way out in the outfield. When they would the kids on the other team would ALL run to chase the ball. The infield would be completely empty of all the other team players. It was so cute. I absolutely love this age when it is still fun and not that competitive.

Julie-sounds like the kids are doing great. Congrats on all the good grades!!

Denine-when are you going to be in Disney in October? Maybe if we are there at the same time we can meet. Love to see you guys again.

Susan-How is your summer going?

Well just got off an escalated call. LOVE to be yelled at first thing in the morning. Blah!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Day!

Disney Vacation Club 2002

Mickey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hi Barb, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those bead neck wraps. We have used ours on cruises for a few years now. I was thinking about tackling them myself since I ran across a pattern for it. Now remember, I'm not a seamstress by any means but do you think it would be hard for someone like me? I don't remember all of you having anniversaries so close together. Fun! Your family reunion sounds like so much fun. I absolutely love watching little kids games. My niece would play in the dirt with her feet and forget she was suppose to do something, like concentrate, .
Old 06-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Sally, just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you today.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #21
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Good morning! Thanks for the anniversary wishes, I was in training that day so I couldn't log on. It has been a busy week, training M-W, catching up on 231 emails and 14 voicemails yesterday, and today our bosses are throwing us a BBQ for lunch! Fun Fun! Tomorrow is Joey and Tyler's birthday and Sunday is the 5k Strides for Epilepsy! I guess next weekend will be when I get some time off!!!

Barb - your family reunion sounds like a blast. I want you to adopt me too! You are such a great planner! I always remember Jaymee's anniversary!

Julie - That's great the kiddos did so well. I can't believe my girls are now on to HS, yikes!

Mom and Julie - Love your Australian accent!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #22
Schrolls
Mickey's Magical Schrolls

HOT - HOT - HOT - HOT

We need a ittle relief! Too early for this miserable weather.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am working from home today and thought I'd come check in. We are heading to Nashville tomorrow for another hockey showcase. Then we get a break for a while. I am planning to work from NAshville Mon-Wed at the hotel. Turner's day is 8:00am-8:00pm. On ice, off ice, seminars, fitness, interviews, etc. He will be one busy individual.

I guess all the kidos are out of school or will be soon. Sounds like the Lauter clan did very well!! Cool!

Flight 1549 fibnally made it back to Charlotte today. This the is the USAIRWAYS flight that made the emergency landing in the Hudson. They brought it back for the Aviation museum here since so many people on the flight were from Charlotte.

Gotta get on a conference call so I will check in again when I can.

LYMI
Old 06-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #23
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Susan, I heard the plane was headed your way. What a story! Sounds like a full day for Turner that's for sure but I bet all this will pay off with a college scholarship.

Heidi, thanks for the compliment on Julie and my accent. We worked hard to get it.

I'm excited. Thanks to the DISboards I am getting a Keratin treatment to end the frizzies and straighten my hair for about 3-5 months. YIPPEE!!!! If it works, vacation will be soooo much better.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #24
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Julie, is that your house that you posted a picture on FB???? If so, I love, love, love the style. LOVE IT!!! It reminds me of "home" in SD. Did you put siding on or paint? I'm asking because it looks like the same color of siding we put on. I had to laugh because Ted got to choose the color the first time we painted......blue.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #25
Pooh_Friend#1

Mom - I just wanted to let you know we have the girls again this weekend so be ready to be bombarded tomorrow when we make it to the campground! Emily really wanted to do the Strides for Epilepsy again so Jen said it was okay for them to come down!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #26
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Guess Who?

Happy Anniversary Heidi! Albeit a little late.

We are off to Makenzie's Confirmation party today, just wish it was warmer, it is only 62 right now. It is only supposed to get up to 71 later. I would lile my 95 of Wednesday back thank you!

As you all know, things have been turned upside down around here. Jerry's last day was Wednesday. He has a good severance package, so we will be OK as long as he doesn't go too long without a job. I am really hoping he has something by the first of the year. He is involved with this outreach place that his co mpany set them all up with. He has a resume writing class next week, plus he can take o n-line classes. He is trying to get set up on Linked-in.

We finished with school too. Kaleigh will start 4th grade with 5th grade math come August sometime. I still have to order the next Latin program.

Right now, we are busy with Kaleigh's baseball, she will be playing 3 games a week; 2 with the city and 1 with homeschoolers. We also have 4-H once a week. She needs to come up with an idea for a poster project for fair. It will be judged and put on display. She can do it on anything in her project book which is on veterinary science.

We are still going to DL and on the MR cruise in October as planned. Everything is paid for already. We just can't do excursions or spend much on alcohol on the cruise. We have to keep expenses down as much as possible.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #27
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

Hey Denine, I seriously missed you. Thanks for coming back. So much to address...... First off, I hope everything works out good for Jerry. He's a smart man that I bet interviews nicely. I love that he has checked into so much. Kaleigh....MATH?????? Wow, I hated math and she's a grade AHEAD! Nice. I'm confused, so how many teams does she belong to for softball? I was never with 4H but hear great things about it. Sounds like 4H keeps you busy on top of everything else.

Today was the Epilepsy walk. It was hot unlike last year when we bundled up in rain gear and sweatshirts. Stacey's team Purple People Cross Country was well represented this year. She had nice tshirts printed and we really stood out. In fact they addressed over the loud speaker. Pretty cool.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #28
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Sandy: Glad you had good weather for your walk!

Kaleigh is on 2 baseball teams. The homeschool one isn't really a team so much as a bunch of people get together once a week to play. Her first game is Thursday. Since Jerry is home, he is going to help with that too. We are going to keep him so busy he will wonder how he had time to go to work!

Kaleigh has been a year ahead in math for some time now. She doesn't particularly like math, but she is good at it. We told her she will need it if she really wants to be a vet when she grows up. I was never in 4-H either but my parents were. People always think animals with 4-H, but you never have to do an animal project. They have everything you can think of to do as a project. The veterinary science project is actually a 3-year project and there are 3 levels of it. You can do 2-3 projects a year, but since this was the first year Kaleigh is involved and the first year she is elegible to even do a project, we are keeping it simple.

We had a nice time at the Confirmation party yesterday and now they are headed off to WDW like so many other people I know. I am living vicariously!
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #29
Pooh_Friend#1

Denine - Glad you can keep Jerry busy. I hope he gets a job fast so you guys don't have to stress out about it. That is great Kaleigh is doing so well in Math. I did pretty well in Math, but hated it! Hopefully she learns to like it. Emily wants to be a vet too! How is she doing in Latin? Sounds like she will have a busy summer break with softball! I can't wait to hear how you liked the med cruise. Chris and I want to go on one someday! Glad Makenzie's confirmation party went good.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #30
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
Gotta love popcorn!

I never did good in math nor did I like it. YUCK! Then on top of it when I got so sick from mono in 7th grade I was out of school for 6 weeks and then 2 weeks of half days. I completely lost it in Math. Never did play catch up there.

I don't know how you can handle two teams, Denine. Most people have a hard time fitting in just one. At least you have Jerry that can help. Can't wait to hear about your cruise. Yippee.

Well, I weighed in and so far I have lost 6.25 pounds. I know that's great but I do realize that you lose a lot in the beginning. I teared up today when I was there. I want it sooooo bad. This afternoon I'm going for my 3 hour Keratin treatment to defrizz me. I am really excited over that. Last night I washed my hair, didn't put in any products and let it air dry. I had Ted take a picture of it last night and I will take a picture of it tonight and then after my first washing. I hope to see a MAJOR difference!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: